What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Slow Mocks in FBGuys Players Champ Format (1 Viewer)

darmani

Footballguy
I would like to get some slow mock drafts going to shake off some of the rust and start fine tuning some of those strategies as we hopefully enter prime drafting season.

These would be 12 team, 20 round drafts on a 12 hour clock. Traditional Main Event FFPC / Football Guys Players Championship roster and scoring (not Draftmaster configuration). These will be conducted on MyFantasyLeague.

I'd like to get multiple drafts rolling simultaneously once we get started, so after the 1st one fills and we get to round 7 or 8, we'll start another one up (but NOT abandon the 1st one). I'd like to run these continuously through the preseason, so who knows how many we'll end up knocking out.

Post here and pm me your email address and I can get your login info set up. Once we have 12, we'll randomize slots and kick off mock number 1.

Serious mock drafters only please who are willing to follow through on completion of these.

Note that these usually end up taking a week or two to complete, so if you'll be away on vacation, keep that in mind before committing.

Draft Home Page for Mock # 1 is here:

http://www29.myfantasyleague.com/2011/home/79854#0

I'm interested.....pm on the way

and am I reading the scoring right that a 41 yard FG is worth morth than a passing TD...?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested.....pm on the wayand am I reading the scoring right that a 41 yard FG is worth morth than a passing TD...?
Will get you added. This is just a mock draft, so there won't be any real scoring here. Just for draft purposes.But yes, in this format a 41 field goal is worth 4.1 pts and passing TD = 4 points.

I'm interested.....pm on the wayand am I reading the scoring right that a 41 yard FG is worth morth than a passing TD...?
Will get you added. This is just a mock draft, so there won't be any real scoring here. Just for draft purposes.But yes, in this format a 41 field goal is worth 4.1 pts and passing TD = 4 points.
No disrespect, but with all the survivors, and with the lockout in place and no FA happening yet....whats the point?No scoring? No real concept of how the draft would go since no FA happened yet, whats the point of preparing for something we have no idea how its gonna shake out?I understand the survivors, but this? This would waste a lot of peoples time. Just my opinion.Also any league scoring or concept where a FG is worth more than any TD, is insane, IMHO :confused:

No disrespect, but with all the survivors, and with the lockout in place and no FA happening yet....whats the point?No scoring? No real concept of how the draft would go since no FA happened yet, whats the point of preparing for something we have no idea how its gonna shake out?I understand the survivors, but this? This would waste a lot of peoples time. Just my opinion.Also any league scoring or concept where a FG is worth more than any TD, is insane, IMHO :confused:
With regard to the scoring, that's standard FFPC/Footballguys Players Championship scoring (and WCOFF for that matter). Given the success of those formats, I guess there are a lot of crazy people out there. With regard to the waste of time, no one has to bother that's not interested. Believe it or not, there is quite a bit of mocking going on right now regardless of the CBA. Granted, most of them are hard core fantasy players who want to stay on top of things given the state of the NFL at any point in time. I'd venture to guess that the early rounds of any draft conducted today will pretty much look like a draft conducted when training camps are in full swing. It's those middle tiers that are going to fluctuate based on free agent movement and rookie progress. Believe it or not, there are a lot of people who want to participate in these. Actual cash leagues have already completed over at the FFPC and NFFC. Some people just want to draft...

it's a MOCK draft....what is there to not understand.....guys will be drafted based on the scoring system that is set up.....allows you to see where guys might be going....who is falling....where are the rookies getting looked at etc....where things look before FA.....for me, my interest is in how this looks compared to the 16 teamers that we did as I participate in several 12 team leagues which is completely different than 16 teamers....and without this being survivor format, there are other things you don't have to worry about like bye weeks, etc....because the mindset will be that you would have a waiver wire if needed during the season.....while the scoring may not be ideal for what my redrafts will look like in August/Sept....there can be some value to these and a way to see what type of team you can put together in a 12 teamer....

'Stinkin Ref said:
'Football Critic said:
'darmani said:
'Stinkin Ref said:
it's a MOCK draft....what is there to not understand.....guys will be drafted based on the scoring system that is set up.....allows you to see where guys might be going....who is falling....where are the rookies getting looked at etc....where things look before FA.....for me, my interest is in how this looks compared to the 16 teamers that we did as I participate in several 12 team leagues which is completely different than 16 teamers....and without this being survivor format, there are other things you don't have to worry about like bye weeks, etc....because the mindset will be that you would have a waiver wire if needed during the season.....while the scoring may not be ideal for what my redrafts will look like in August/Sept....there can be some value to these and a way to see what type of team you can put together in a 12 teamer....
Mocks at this point = most useless thing in the world right now.Example: your telling me you gain value by knowing where DeAngelo Williams is being drafted, news flash, it dont matter cuz where he signs effects his draft spot.When your done with this mock, please tell me what you gain from it. Especially when a 40 yard FG is worth mor then a TD, lol....Good luck mocking when many leagues like that dont even exist.But enjoy your draft, my point is, what do you gain?

believe it or not some people draft during the summer....

I gain a little different perspective then what I have been getting in the 16 team survivor drafts where you have to watch bye weeks, get two QB's, two TE's, two PK's, two DST's etc...this is only 12 teams, redraft, head to head, waiver wire available during the season mentality....huge difference...if you can't see that I'm sorry...will things change after FA...you bet...but right now this is all we got...heck FBG staff has already participated in some expert drafts....are they all nuts...you probably say yes....but who cares, this is a mock and if nothing else I may get some different points of view from the guys I draft with...

and just fyi....all td's are 6 points except for passing td's.....which I hate by the way

and odds are you won't be able to keep yourself from clicking on the link above to see how things are going...

oh wait you probably already did....

Users who are viewing this thread