Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

St. Louis Bob

Smiling

30 posts in this topic

You should smile on the phone too, especially when talking to customers. Makes all the difference.

Come here. Hey! Look at me. So I had a wife, beautiful, like you, who tells me I worry too much. Who tells me I ought to smile more. Who gambles and gets in deep with the sharks... Look at me! One day, they carve her face. And we have no money for surgeries. She can't take it. I just want to see her smile again, hm? I just want her to know that I don't care about the scars. So... I stick a razor in my mouth and do this...

...to myself. And you know what? She can't stand the sight of me! She leaves. Now I see the funny side. Now I'm always smiling!

Let's put a smile on that face!

Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!" And...

You wanna know how I got these scars? My father, was a drinker, and a fiend. And one night, he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit. So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me and says, "why so serious?" He comes at me with the knife. "WHY SO SERIOUS?" Sticks the blade in my mouth. "Let's put a smile on that face." And...

I never smile if I can help it. Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life.

When dealing with aliens, try to be polite, but firm. And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet.

I never smile if I can help it. Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life.

If you made this up, you're a comic genius. If you stole it, please reveal the source.Edit to add- thank you dwight shrute

Sad that fools need a fake smile to make themselves feel better. Isn't a fake smile lying, you want to be lied to? Fake smiles annoy the hell out of me. And the fact that others need it from me to make themselves feel better is their problem, not mine. Now go fake smile yourself to death making other fools feel better and feel good about it. Lame. :excited::rolleyes:

You should smile at people.The End

Depends on where you are. I sport a Hines Ward perma-smile. My Russian ex-girlfriend claimed that if I walked around like that in Russia people would think I was coo-coo for my Cocoa Puffs. I'd imagine it to be similar in many Asian nations.

Sad that fools need a fake smile to make themselves feel better. Isn't a fake smile lying, you want to be lied to? Fake smiles annoy the hell out of me. And the fact that others need it from me to make themselves feel better is their problem, not mine. Now go fake smile yourself to death making other fools feel better and feel good about it. Lame. :excited::rolleyes:

What they do! They smile in your faceAll the time they want to take your place The back stabbers (back stabbers)

If you made this up, you're a comic genius. If you stole it, please reveal the source.Edit to add- thank you dwight shrute
I wish I was that good.

Not only do I not show teeth when I smile, I can't show my teeth when I smile.

You should smile at people.

The End

Helluva dissertation there, Curt
I was going to discuss something that has really worked for me but a certain newlywed was being a jerk.

I work in a happy place and always smile at my co-workers. Coming back from lunch just a few minutes ago, got stopped by my boss and the college prez. They just wanted to know how things were going for me and if I liked it here.

I almost don't know how to handle all these happy vibes.

Not only do I not show teeth when I smile, I can't show my teeth when I smile.

http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/58647/s5000240.jpg

I work in a happy place and always smile at my co-workers. Coming back from lunch just a few minutes ago, got stopped by my boss and the college prez. They just wanted to know how things were going for me and if I liked it here.I almost don't know how to handle all these happy vibes.

They're planning to kill you and serve you at the next company retreat.

smiling and making eye contact are things that you should avoid if you want to stay out of harms way.

“Beauty is power; a smile is its sword.”

:wub: Keep sweet talking, big boy.

:wub: Keep sweet talking, big boy.
“If a man smiles all the time, he's probably selling something that doesn't work”

I work in a happy place and always smile at my co-workers. Coming back from lunch just a few minutes ago, got stopped by my boss and the college prez. They just wanted to know how things were going for me and if I liked it here.I almost don't know how to handle all these happy vibes.

They're planning to kill you and serve you at the next company retreat.
:)(I can't stop smiling. I can't help myself anymore.)