What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Portis Prayer Circle (1 Viewer)

NY/NJMFDIVER

Footballguy
Ok, whether you believe or not doesn't concern me. But if you own Clinton and believe in positive thinking, let us all get it together here and send some positive vibes to Denver. Miracles happen and they can happen overnight. He may wake up and be fine. Let us join hands and send good vibes to Denver, Colorado for the swift recovery Clinton Portis for the rest of the 2003 season, starting next week in Indy on Sunday Night. Bless you Clinton and may God, good faith and good vibes be with you and we hope for a swift return from any injury you may have suffered.

Right now it is looking like I am playing the team with Portis next week in the SuperBowl. :thumbup: Sorry, I may be getting my own circle going!!!

Ok now this is getting gay :rolleyes: MuffDiver, you might want to look to your right. There's a Quentin Griffin prayer circle too, they're praying the little squirt gets his first start next week.

Right now it is looking like I am playing the team with Portis next week in the SuperBowl. :thumbup: Sorry, I may be getting my own circle going!!!
I am looking at facing Portis in the two league semi-finals next week. Hope the guy is alright but not until week 17 :P .

I agree. I hope that Portis has a nice little high ankle sprain that will keep him out 1-2 weeks only! :thumbup:

Bless you Clinton and may God, good faith and good vibes be with you and we hope for a swift return from any injury you may have suffered.
Please, please, let him be ok.

i hate to admit this, but its my fault. my brother-in-law (who iplayed against, and beat today) showed up with clinton's shirt today. he bought it for me as a late b-day gift. he told me about all the guys who have bought shirts of their players and they have wound up getting hurt. i told him forget it, portis is my favorite football player and i was gonna wear this damn shirt no matter what.well, clinton did enough to beat his ###, but then this happens. i was also gonna buy an LT shirt if i win any money. i will have to rethink that.....

I just watched the replay in slow motion......ouch!!!! I hope you guys have a decent #3 RB to plug in next week, it does not look good!

This thread makes me :yucky: Really guys......I am sure God cares about your Fantasy team :rolleyes:
God hates communists, and Red Sox fans. God is great in all things big and small, who's to say that he doesn't care about my fantasy team?

Portis showing his skat-back qualities: break away speed and moves to kill, but fragile as a glass lamp.FT2, behind a better line, if you ask me.

Portis showing his skat-back qualities: break away speed and moves to kill, but fragile as a glass lamp.FT2, behind a better line, if you ask me.
Thats a totally bogus comparison. Yeah Portis has had his fair share of unfortunate injuries this year, but at least he plays through most of the pain and was able to miss only min. time. Unlike FT who clearly dogged it and refused to play through even the minor injures. Portis remained healthy last year and as of now this is only a one season occurance for him. Who is to say that he doesn't do things over the off-season coming up to better himself unlike FT who had this happen for multiple seasons. He clearly seems motivated and who knows could wind up being even better next year.

I agree. I hope that Portis has a nice little high ankle sprain that will keep him out 1-2 weeks only! :thumbup:
I agree. Portis is a stud and it would really s*ck if his injury will carry over till next year.

The clear difference between Portis and Taylor is attitude. Taylor has always had his butt kissed and took himself out of games because he didn't want to end his career short.. Portis has a chip on his shoulder.. He was the back up RB in high school and in college.. He said he gets out of bed thinking he has something to prove every day.. A guy like that, doesn't take time off if he doesn't have to.. My guess for Portis would be, barring any career ending injury,, he'll be breaking a lot of records befor he's done..

This thread makes me :yucky: Really guys......I am sure God cares about your Fantasy team :rolleyes:
God hates communists, and Red Sox fans. God is great in all things big and small, who's to say that he doesn't care about my fantasy team?
I believe the first two, but the rest is just crap. :bag:

I'd be crying if LT2 tore an ACL today. I'm also in the super bowl next week, and would be devastated if my horse went down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be crying if LT2 tore an ACL today. I'm also in the super bowl next week, and would be devastated if my horse went down.
Yes if he can't go, I'll be disappionted. But anything can happen in a given week so even if he's down I remain optomistic. The thing that sucks is than my opponent will have LT in the Super Bowl and Portis was my kryptonite for him. My back-up is Henry who I aquired in a trade earlier this year though so I still like my chances.

A no-crying-from-Portis-owners-in-thirty-minutes-bump.
Crying is negative, we're being positive! And in the worst case scenario for MOST Portis owners is that he got you to your Bowl. Next week is a one game season. Anything can happen, including a clean bill of health for Clint.We're still praying for you brother! Can I get an AMEN?

Since I face the Portsi/Manning team in my super bowl next week, I hope for a speedy 2 week recovery for the ailing back. Let the poor guy get his rest, he has carried enough of the load, let some of his teammates get a chance for a week.

Since I face the Portsi/Manning team in my super bowl next week, I hope for a speedy 2 week recovery for the ailing back. Let the poor guy get his rest, he has carried enough of the load, let some of his teammates get a chance for a week.
I knew the Big Guy was looking after me. I am not relishing in others worries but as a last year Priest owner I can relate. This will be a rough couple of days and with Skeletor playing hide and seek with the injury report. Bottom line is this, thanks to Skeletor if he is ok then he will be a gametime decision and if he is out for the remainder or a couple of weeks then he will be a gametime decision. Same hand of cards were played by Vermeil last year.

Should we start refering to Portis as FT2? :confused:
A no-crying-from-Portis-owners-in-thirty-minutes-bump.
Prayer???? :confused: Are you kidding me? I'll take a tommyGunZ jinx any day over a prayer ;) But just in case......Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth (umm...more scecifically Indy this upcoming weekend), as it is in heaven.Give me a healthy Portis, my daily bread (#1 pick in the draft).And forgive Shanahan for being a total headcase, as we forgive our debtors.And lead us not into temptation, but deliver to us a League Championship.For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.P.S. I promise to give to tithe on anything I win.Thanks :bag:

Must be in the wrong thread, looking for the Portis pentagram hex circle.
I'm sorry, but...NOTHING beats a good atheist vs. christian fantasy football thread! ;-)Seriously, there's nothing like people praying for the health of others when we're talking padding their wallets with gambling winnings!

Several questions about God and football come to mind:1. If you were God, wouldn't you spend as much time as possible playing fantasy football?2. If Portis is ok and plays next week, does this mean that God has Portis on his team?3. If Portis is out for awhile, can we assume God's opponent next week has Portis? If so, is this collusion (or something along those lines)?P.S. Clinton: my postive thoughts are headed your way.

remember when Montana went to the Chefs, and was always getting hurt? then the chefs had an upcoming game against the 49rs, and the station carrying the game was hyping it with a commercial with a guy at the end hovering over a shrine to Montana with incense and ringing bells and chanting "Joe stay healthy, Joe stay healthy?" I'm doing the same thing for Portis now.After losing Priest the same friggin week last year going into my fantasy bowl I'm starting to think the fantasy gods just want to torture me

Several questions about God and football come to mind:1. If you were God, wouldn't you spend as much time as possible playing fantasy football?2. If Portis is ok and plays next week, does this mean that God has Portis on his team?3. If Portis is out for awhile, can we assume God's opponent next week has Portis? If so, is this collusion (or something along those lines)?P.S. Clinton: my postive thoughts are headed your way.
I consider mysefl to be very religious. And I, as one would expect, get irritated when people mock christianity. But there are times when you have to be realistic, and not so serious and realize the humor in some things.that said, very funny post! I have Portis in a big league and I have to admit, I'm worried. I've dealt with Shanny's fixation on playing head games with fantasy owners before. I'm not looking forward to the next couple weeks.

You've already proved your inability to evaluate RBs. But thanks for playing.

Users who are viewing this thread