What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daryl Washington (1 Viewer)

Bdub

Footballguy
I'm pretty sure that I'm not buying into this Rotoworld article today, but it certainly grabbed my attention. Is there any chance of this happening? For the sake of discussion, is he fit to play MLB in a 4-3 like Philly runs? As fast as he is, who knows?

I'm sure it's just speculation, but it's still IDP news to discuss at the least...

I can't remember the last time a team traded away a solid early round draft pick who is projected to be their starting ILB in his second year.

Daryl Washington - LB - Cardinals

FOX Sports' Adam Caplan suggests 2010 second-round pick Daryl Washington as a player that could interest the Eagles in a Kevin Kolb trade.

Washington, the 47th pick in last year's draft, showed terrific closing speed and promise in his first season. It's hard to imagine the Cardinals parting with Washington, and the Eagles would want him as well as a future high draft pick. Caplan does not believe Arizona would be willing to part with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in a post-lockout trade for Kolb.

Pretty funny that all these rumors start out of Philly. I think their is starting to be desperation on there part to get something really good for Kolb. Most experts dont think he is really that good to lead Arizona where they want. More AJ Feeley than Matt Schuabb is what I have read.

Arizona D is a problem. I dont see how this would help them in the end but who knows. I put as just rumor.

These rumors have been going on for weeks.

Caplan is almost certainly plugged in and hearing that Philadelphia wants players for Kolb. A corner and linebacker would undoubtedly be on the top of the list. We've heard Toler, rumors that the Eagles would be interested in DRC and now Washington. I'll believe it when I see it.

I think Washington would slot to WLB in Philadelphia and his long term upside significantly less than it would be as the WILB in Arizona. But this is a good place to note that Washington, while I really like him in his current projected role, carries some risk. If Arizona moves away from the 3-4 due to coaching change or other reason in the next 2-4 years, Washington's future becomes a little murkier. He's in that Witherspoon, Beason, Jackson group that could play either MLB or WLB in a 4-3 and are at the mercy of the depth chart when scheme changes are made.

These rumors have been going on for weeks. Caplan is almost certainly plugged in and hearing that Philadelphia wants players for Kolb. A corner and linebacker would undoubtedly be on the top of the list. We've heard Toler, rumors that the Eagles would be interested in DRC and now Washington. I'll believe it when I see it.I think Washington would slot to WLB in Philadelphia and his long term upside significantly less than it would be as the WILB in Arizona. But this is a good place to note that Washington, while I really like him in his current projected role, carries some risk. If Arizona moves away from the 3-4 due to coaching change or other reason in the next 2-4 years, Washington's future becomes a little murkier. He's in that Witherspoon, Beason, Jackson group that could play either MLB or WLB in a 4-3 and are at the mercy of the depth chart when scheme changes are made.
I know this belongs in the AC forum, but as dead as the boards are I thought I'd give it a shot. I can get Vilma right now for Washington. Should I do it? I know that Washington is young, Vilma is 29 now, but there's no questions with Vilma for a few more years. He did suck last year, but if he hadn't had 2 to 3 games with bad scoring, he'd have had another 85 solo season. I'm not interested in 4 years from now, I'm interested in the next 2. Can Vilma pull a 90 solo season this year, and maybe next year? My keeper deadline is coming up in about a week.

Not sure how bad. From Darren Urban via Twitter.

Linebacker Daryl Washington has a calf strain, will b reevaluated tomorrow.

Wisenhunt said he was fine after the game and he should be good to go next week.

Obviously tomorrow will be more definitive, but that is good news imo

How much time did he miss in yesterday's game? He had 11.9 points in my scoring system, which I'll be thrilled to have every week. But it looks even better if he missed significant time.

He also had another INT that was taken off due to some weak penalty. He was all over the field and we should expect good numbers from him. The guys that took Paris Lennon in front of him are probably sick.

(KFFL) Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington (calf) might be able to play in Week 2 against the Washington Redskins, his agent said Monday, Sept. 12. "Daryl should be fine. I believe he will be back for (the) next game but may miss several days of practice," his agent said via e-mail. Washington strained his calf in the fourth quarter in Week 1 against the Carolina Panthers.

He also had another INT that was taken off due to some weak penalty. He was all over the field and we should expect good numbers from him. The guys that took Paris Lennon in front of him are probably sick.
Well you are right about the ability of Washington for sure. He should be a great LB for years to come. He went in the 9th round in my main IDP league. I scooped up Lenon in the 21st. The fact is, although he should be taken before Lenon is every format out there this year, Lenon is no slouch and I feel just fine having him on my team. He basically matched stats with Washington in week 1. Was damn close to taking the QB down on multiple occasions throughout the game and basically clinched the win for the Cards on the final drive. He was also made a team captain before the start of regular season.Paris Lenon gets no love on the boards here. I feel good taking him 12 rounds later than Washington and watching him start off the season where he left off last year, on the field for every snap making plays.

Sorry, but that should have read he MISSED practice today.

Again, my apologies. Been a long day and it's late. *d'oh!*

Last edited by a moderator:
What are Bradley's prospects for this week and beyond? People were really high on him after the trade and people assumed he'd take Lenon's spot....however he didn't and his value plummeted. Now he has the knock of not "knowing" the defense well enough to stay on the field.

Presumably, he'd start in Washington's place, but will he do well this week against a horrible Seattle team and will he retain an active role going forward?

Bradley did okay enough last week filling in. 5-2 line. Nowhere near as productive as Washington was week one, but okay.

If he does start again this week I worry that the opportunities will likely be limited for all the LBs though. Seattle is almost certain to be coming from behind for most of the game and rush attempts will be low as a result. Happened vs. Pittsburgh last week. Only Timmons had more than a couple tackles among the starting LBs(although, Larry Foote also got 4 stops in "cleanup duty."). If Woodley/Farrior/Harrison hadn't made some splash plays(each had sacks or TFLs) it would have been a pretty lean week for their LBs

So, back to D-Wash...

Does anyone know the specific nature of the injury? Is it something that could affect his performance when he gets back on the field, or worse, linger all season? Thanks!

(Rotowire.com) Thu, Sep 22

Washington (calf) was limited in practice Thursday, AZCardinals.com reports.

Recommendation: As one of the league's top emerging talents at linebacker, it would be great news for Arizona if Washington could make a return Sunday. Consider him questionable for now.

(Yahoo! Sports) Thu, Sep 22

LB Daryl Washington practiced on Thursday, so it seems possible he could play against Seattle. Washington suffered a strained calf in the season opener and didn't play in the second game.

Please post any news as you hear it

Not sure why it didn't hit me until today, but my wife suffered a strained calf just 11 days ago. She's getting along much better than a week ago, but not nearly back to 100%. I realize that strains can be mild or severe, but I would be shocked if Daryl Washington is ready to play an NFL game in week 3. He'll be on my bench this week.

Not sure why it didn't hit me until today, but my wife suffered a strained calf just 11 days ago. She's getting along much better than a week ago, but not nearly back to 100%. I realize that strains can be mild or severe, but I would be shocked if Daryl Washington is ready to play an NFL game in week 3. He'll be on my bench this week.
:lmao: Not sure this is apples to apples here, Juggernaut.

(Rotowire.com) Fri, Sep 23

Coach Ken Whisenhunt said Washington (calf) had his practice work escalated Friday but is expected to be a game-time decision for Sunday's game against Seattle, AZCardinals.com reports.

Recommendation: Washington's status is worth watching down to game-time if his IDP owners have late-game replacement options, but the rest of his owners will want other defenders occupying the starting slots.

I just hung up from his teammate and he said that Daryl is a true "game time decision" (not coach speak). However he said after talking to him and watching him, he would bet on DW being a no go.

I usually know a day or two before Sunday who's out or in so it sounds like AZ still TRULY isn't sure. I own DW and I can tell you I'm benching him whether he plays or not.

'G-King said:
I just hung up from his teammate and he said that Daryl is a true "game time decision" (not coach speak). However he said after talking to him and watching him, he would bet on DW being a no go.I usually know a day or two before Sunday who's out or in so it sounds like AZ still TRULY isn't sure. I own DW and I can tell you I'm benching him whether he plays or not.
:thumbup:

'G-King said:
I just hung up from his teammate and he said that Daryl is a true "game time decision" (not coach speak). However he said after talking to him and watching him, he would bet on DW being a no go.I usually know a day or two before Sunday who's out or in so it sounds like AZ still TRULY isn't sure. I own DW and I can tell you I'm benching him whether he plays or not.
it is a drag when you start players with pulled muscle issues, than even if they go, they aggravate it and don't finish the game... i don't like playing medical roulette...

'G-King said:

Anyone see the game? How much run did D-Wash get? Was he in the sub-packages? Did he split time in the base packages? Or, was he just a little rusty, or worse, tentative?

Anyone see the game? How much run did D-Wash get? Was he in the sub-packages? Did he split time in the base packages? Or, was he just a little rusty, or worse, tentative?
I didn't get a chance to watch every snap, but I believe Washington played only in nickel packages. He looked like he was moving very well. I expect he'll be back playing every-down this week, barring a midweek practice setback.

I didn't get a chance to watch every snap, but I believe Washington played only in nickel packages. He looked like he was moving very well. I expect he'll be back playing every-down this week, barring a midweek practice setback.

Any word on this guy? He got a lot of hype but he doesn't seem to be doing to much of anything.

Is he due to breakout or this what he is?

Any word on this guy? He got a lot of hype but he doesn't seem to be doing to much of anything.Is he due to breakout or this what he is?
He seems to be doing well in the league I own him in......averaging more than 13 points a game.

Any word on this guy? He got a lot of hype but he doesn't seem to be doing to much of anything.Is he due to breakout or this what he is?
He seems to be doing well in the league I own him in......averaging more than 13 points a game.
Then you have a weird scoring system ... He is avg just under 7 in my league. He is tied for 100th place in total pts for def players

Then you have a weird scoring system ... He is avg just under 7 in my league. He is tied for 100th place in total pts for def players
This is meaningless without knowing the parameters for your scoring system. Also keep in mind, as far as total points goes, he's only played 6 games.He's scoring over 15 PPG/13 PPG in the two leagues in which I own him(they have slightly different scoring setups, but both are fairly balanced between tackle and big play). If he'd played all seven games and hit his average he'd be LB23-24(he's currently LB32-33 even with the missed game). So, he's basically been a low end LB2 when he's played. Not fantastic, but not a bust either(unless you were expecting him to be Patrick Willis/Ray Lewis/et al).If he's only bagging just under 7 points a game in your scoring setup....I'm thinking you must be in a big play league(or your system is the weird one). Washington doesn't get sacks/ints. He gets tackles. He's not going to be a stud in a big play format. It's also worth noting that, unless your name is Paris Lenon, it appears that the AZ stat crew are reticent to give out assists.

I am in a sfairly standard IDP format (1 pt per unassisted tackle, 2 pts per sack, int or safety, 6 pts per td). In that scenario he is a solid LB2 or 3. Just checked, he is 31st in LB scoring so in a 12 team IDP league where you start 2 LBs and a flex he is just outside LB2 range - but a definite flex possibility. ETA - and he missed one game to injury and has already had his bye; so in reality on a PPG basis he is probably a solid LB2.

I did some digging when he was listed as O, someone close family, grandmother iirc, had died and he was absent from the team. Didnt appear he would miss a start though.

Clunker? In strict, tackle-heavy leagues maybe, but 5 total tackles, with two for losses, plus a sack hardly constitutes a "clunker" otherwise.

Hell, that's pretty much been his baseline for the better part of a season and a half now. Can't get 11 tackles with a sack+FF every week.

yeah, those big games like the first two are really nice and tend to affect your judgment.

he's gone 12, 11, 7, 6, 6 in five games in my league's scoring. 6 is very average for a LB. there were 40 last week, 36 the week before, 33 week 2 and 39 week 1. so in a league where i only have to start 1 LB, but can start several at flex - 6 is still a solid number and I'll take the consistency.

Users who are viewing this thread