What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daryl Washington (1 Viewer)

Certified stud.
Fantasy-wise, absolutely. In real life, he's great. But boy did he have a few ugly plays yesterday. FJAX stiff-armed him and made him look like a 50 pound kid out there the way he got shoved into the dirt. He also was completely missingt he angles on Spiller a few times (although i imagine he's not the first nor the last to do that).

'Shutout said:
Certified stud.
Fantasy-wise, absolutely. In real life, he's great. But boy did he have a few ugly plays yesterday. FJAX stiff-armed him and made him look like a 50 pound kid out there the way he got shoved into the dirt. He also was completely missingt he angles on Spiller a few times (although i imagine he's not the first nor the last to do that).
I cringed a little on the FJax missed tackle, as well. But he remains a fantasy beast. Top scoring IDP in my format.

Has a good shot at being just the 4th Inside Linebacker since 1982 to record 10+ sacks in a season.

Last edited by a moderator:
strange discrepancy in scoring between sites right now. MFL says 2 tackles + 2 sacks, RTS says 6 tackles + 2 sacks. NFL.com's box score says 6 tackles as well

And it should be 1.5 sacks but he tends to get a lot of love. They said during the game looks like he gets credit for half the sack then the announcer says no he gets the whole sack lol must be nice.

And it should be 1.5 sacks but he tends to get a lot of love. They said during the game looks like he gets credit for half the sack then the announcer says no he gets the whole sack lol must be nice.
Second year I have D-Dub and I don't think I have ever had such a man crush. We have Keeper Defense and I can tell you guys he is never gonna leave my side. Stud City Baby!

gave B Hartline + a 3rd round rookie pick for him after Hartline's huge game. Maybe the best trade I ever made.

I think they cal that London Fletcher and Jared Allen syndrome. Somehow, those two get credit for tackles if they are on the same side of the field as the play.

I think im the only one in this thread who dealt DWash recently but i just trade him and Eli for Cam and Pat Angerer in a dyno. LB's are much easier to find than top 5 Dyno QB's.

I love me some washington, but with the help here at FBGs and paying close attention, you can play the matchups w/ D and score well.

I think im the only one in this thread who dealt DWash recently but i just trade him and Eli for Cam and Pat Angerer in a dyno. LB's are much easier to find than top 5 Dyno QB's. I love me some washington, but with the help here at FBGs and paying close attention, you can play the matchups w/ D and score well.
Im sure you have your reasons, but I think thats a double down grade in redraft, dynasty, and in the real NFL. Pat Angerer is going to be exposed as an overachiever who will be nothing more than a LB 2/3 who benefitted from a non producing offense. He couldn't carry DW's shoulder pads to the locker room. And Cam is one hissy fit from being Vince Young in my opinion. Although I could see the argument for him being a little closer to Eli, he is still a downgrade on a bad offense.

Where do people really stand on the sustainability of Daryl Washington's performance in 2012? I realize he had great stats - particularly in fantasy regular season games (weeks 1-13) - but his results were propped up by a whole lot of sacks, particularly earlier in the year. Pair that with a new coaching staff....is he really a clear cut stud LB? Interested in FBG views.

'Alex P Keaton said:
Where do people really stand on the sustainability of Daryl Washington's performance in 2012? I realize he had great stats - particularly in fantasy regular season games (weeks 1-13) - but his results were propped up by a whole lot of sacks, particularly earlier in the year. Pair that with a new coaching staff....is he really a clear cut stud LB? Interested in FBG views.
Very much helped by sacks, yes, but he was still 4th in solo tackles for LBs - and was the clear cut #1 LB in my league last year. I do view him as a stud in that he's top 10 for sure, likely still top 5, but I'd still rather have a few others as the top guy on my list - dynasty or redraft.

Just saw this FBG news blurb:

"ARI - Daryl Washington suspended four games - Wed Apr 3, 04:48 PM

Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington has been suspended for the first four games of the 2013 season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Footballguys' view: Bad news for the Cardinals here. Washington is coming off his best season as a pro. In 2012 he compiled 123 tackles, nine sacks, and one interception."

Dang is all I can say. He's my #1 LB in one zealots league. This will hurt some.

Just saw this FBG news blurb:"ARI - Daryl Washington suspended four games - Wed Apr 3, 04:48 PMArizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington has been suspended for the first four games of the 2013 season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.Footballguys' view: Bad news for the Cardinals here. Washington is coming off his best season as a pro. In 2012 he compiled 123 tackles, nine sacks, and one interception."Dang is all I can say. He's my #1 LB in one zealots league. This will hurt some.
Dang doesnt quite sum it up for me. More like what the ####!

Not good!

Here's the FBG blurb about it:

ARI - Daryl Washington being investigated - Thu May 2, 08:27 AM

The Phoenix Police Department is investigating a woman's claim that Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington was involved in a domestic dispute. Sources say there are clear indications the victim had been physically attacked. No arrests have been made and police are looking for Washington.

I was talking to someone about trading for him 4 months ago. He wouldn't budge. He sent me a text this morning asking if I wanted to work something out. :lmao: now I know why.
I hear that. Sometimes the best deal you make is the one you never make. Was rejected by an owner in one of my dynasty leagues on Washington, when I offered him McCarthy and some other compensation, after Washington's 4-game suspension.

Owner laughed at McCarthy, he's not laughing now and while McCarthy has his injury concerns, he's looking good if this situation blows up.

AAAAHHH!!! This is terrible!

FBG blurb:

ARI - Daryl Washington arrested - Fri May 3, 03:10 PM

Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington was arrested and booked into jail for two counts of aggravated assault.

Minter in Rookie drafts just moved up the boards right next to Arthur Brown.
We'll see. If Brandon Marshall stayed out of jail, Washington has to like his chances.
Good points James and PlasmaDog.

I forget though, was Marshall ever suspended before his issues? I find it interesting that Washington is already set to serve a 4-game suspension for drugs for performance and now this, so close together.

Interesting because we look at Justin Blackmon and he could be suspended for a year for his next off the field issue, if I'm not mistaken.

I know Washington situation may not be exactly like Blackmon, but we should expect Commissioner Goodell will have a long visit with Washington and he can lay the hammer down, for sure.

Though it will be interesting to see what he chooses to do, before Washington has his day in court.

Fox 10 Arizona's Mia Garcia reports Cardinals ILB Daryl Washington was arrested Friday on two counts of aggravated assault. Already suspended for the first four games of 2013 for a substance-abuse violation, Washington has been under investigation by Phoenix Police for allegedly attacking a woman and choking her to the point he has marks on her neck as proof. Before Friday's arrest, police had been searching for Washington for the better part of this week. The Cardinals can no longer realistically count on Washington making an impact during the 2013 NFL season.

I'd say Washington is worthless for 2013 season. The guy has just been an idiot. His Dynasty value has to take a big hit too. He is an LB2 at best at this point.

CBS5 in Phoenix is reporting that Cardinals ILB Daryl Washington’s alleged domestic assault victim has a broken collarbone.
Police say Washington went to his ex-girlfriend's house to see their 5-month-old daughter. They got into a fight and Washington allegedly grabbed his ex's neck and choked her near her apartment. They allegedly got into a second fight in the parking lot, where she was pushed to the ground and broke her collarbone. Washington is charged with two counts of aggravated assault. He is currently out of jail after posting $4,200 bond.

this isn't going to end well

PlasmaDogPlasma said:
DanishKings said:
I inherited him on a dynasty takeover. I want out, what is the value???
Sell low isn't generally the recommended approach.
right now you'd get a late 3rd from me; maybe. Thats about the range of the 3rd or 4th rookie LB taken

Probably another suspension coming for Daryl Washington. He probably won't even play this year. He is kind of worthless this year. I'm thinking of unloading him for a bag of peanuts at this point. :(

you guys are jumping to some serious conclusions. why on earth would you move him now? you'd be giving him away at this point, and there is chance he is only out 4 games.

Is bringing Karlos Dansby in for a visit just a ploy to motivate?

If Dansby signs multi year contract then look out Daryl

One year deal according to this FBG blurb. I'm holding...

ARI - Karlos Dansby signs - Fri May 10, 11:32 AM

The Arizona Cardinals signed free-agent LB Karlos Dansby (Dolphins) to a one-year deal.

golfguy said:
you guys are jumping to some serious conclusions. why on earth would you move him now? you'd be giving him away at this point, and there is chance he is only out 4 games.
golfguy,

I will agree that owners should probably hold Washington rather than trade him. In leagues I'm in I've seen some owners hold and others give him away at a major bargin.

But I will say, while their is a CHANCE he's only out 4, with what happened to his ex and the fact that the cops had to go out on a man hunt for him, isn't good.

No, the owner and people inside the franchise know what they are getting in Dansby, real leadership and accountability and that's what you want around young Kevin Minter and even Tyrann Mathieu.

Could be wrong, but with the signing of Dansby, I think we may see a D.J. Williams situation from last year in Denver. He disappointed the team big time, and while others may be less talented, they are likely to play, until Washington gets his S*^* together. I don't believe fantasy owners should expect him to play this year. But again, I wouldn't give a great player like that away for nothing.

If I were the Cardinals owner, I would be really ticked at Washington right now! Giving him his job back like nothing happened after for games is no message to send to the rest of the team, fan base and overall community of Arizona. That would look really bad.

BallsySmurf said:
Where would you draft him today in a start up dynasty league? Top 5 LB off the board still? Top 10? Lower?
Quite a bit lower imo. Almost have to fall to absurd levels before I take him.

When drafting in the first 7 or so rounds of a draft, I think you want to be as safe as possible. I have no idea what round the 10th LB goes off the board as I usually play auctions, but I cant see taking him unless it just gets ridiculous.

So where would he have to fall for you to take him. Would you take him an LB3?
for me he'd have to fall farther than he likely will.

LB3 if I can start 2. Lb5 if I can start 4. I can't trust that he won't get a yearlong suspension in the future and as a result I can't count him as a starter. But realistically I couldn't let him slide past the top 25-30 LBs

I dunno though, you could be ballsy and take him earlier

So where would he have to fall for you to take him. Would you take him an LB3?
for me he'd have to fall farther than he likely will.

LB3 if I can start 2. Lb5 if I can start 4. I can't trust that he won't get a yearlong suspension in the future and as a result I can't count him as a starter. But realistically I couldn't let him slide past the top 25-30 LBs

I dunno though, you could be ballsy and take him earlier
Yes, this is where I would be.

Cant draft a guy that high and rely on him.

It means he will likely be able to postpone league action until he's been to court.

It may also mean that there isn't a strong case against him (witnesses, physical evidence etc)

Users who are viewing this thread