What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Directv NFL Ticket.... (2 Viewers)

hustedj

Footballguy
Just called and they don't have any offers on the Ticket yet.... Man they are slow.... So if you looking for a deal give it a few days....

I just dropped it today. Hell, I was watching the RZC 95% of the time so I just couldn't justify getting the Sunday Ticket just for the RZC. I'm going to leave Direct TV and go to Dish Network come September unless they give me the RZC without having to get NFL Sunday Ticket. Dish charges $7 a month for the Red Zone Channel and that's all I want anyway.

Directv gave me redzone free last year without Sunday ticket.

I just dropped it today. Hell, I was watching the RZC 95% of the time so I just couldn't justify getting the Sunday Ticket just for the RZC. I'm going to leave Direct TV and go to Dish Network come September unless they give me the RZC without having to get NFL Sunday Ticket. Dish charges $7 a month for the Red Zone Channel and that's all I want anyway.

If you switch to Direct TV and I assume it is a 12 month contract, you get the ticket for free. It was hard for Direct TV to market it in May/June/July because of the lockout so they are simply throwing it in this year. Many will get hooked, they probably will report record profits after the 2012 season when they switch back to something like $300 for the ticket spread out over 4 months and then Free Direct TV during those 4 month etc...if you were ever thinking of getting this, 2011 is the season to do so.

What did you say to get that? Seems strange for them to give it away knowing that is likely going to cost them sunday ticket purchases. Didn't even know it was possible. (When I asked last year they told me it wasn't).

Told them I heard others from this forum got it and they could give it to me without hemming and hawing or I would be cancelling on the spot which I was willing to do.

What did you say to get that? Seems strange for them to give it away knowing that is likely going to cost them sunday ticket purchases. Didn't even know it was possible. (When I asked last year they told me it wasn't).

I think the we should ask for a discount, more so this year....DO something for the fans! The NFL should give back or cut some rates to Directv, so that they (directv) can pass that on to the subscribers!

Who was representing the fans in these negotiations? We make it all work!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the we should ask for a discount, more so this year....DO something for the fans! The NFL should give back or cut some rates to Directv, so that they (directv) can pass that on to the subscribers!

Who was representing the fans in these negotiations? We make it all work!
NFL Ticket included at no extra charge when you switch to Direct TV...what could be better?

I got the Redzone as a stand alone (last season), simply by telling them that I was switching from DirecTv to Dish........just because the Sunday Ticket price was too high, and all I wanted was the Redzone channel anyway. They obviously didn't want to lose a customer over such "small potatoes". I've also been a customer of DirecTv for 15+ years (not sure if that helped or not).

I got the Redzone as a stand alone (last season), simply by telling them that I was switching from DirecTv to Dish........just because the Sunday Ticket price was too high, and all I wanted was the Redzone channel anyway. They obviously didn't want to lose a customer over such "small potatoes". I've also been a customer of DirecTv for 15+ years (not sure if that helped or not).
Did the exact same thing last year. This year actually cancelled for 2 weeks in June. When I was getting ready to return equipment I called customer retention to see if they would offer anything before shipping. I received the offer they give new customers. Free Sunday tickeet, 3 months of all Movie channels, free Hd for life, few other credits for 12 months (about $35). The best part is I didn't have to renew my contract so I can do this again next year.SN: The 2 weeks with no directv were horrible.

Basically the exact same thing here but they did it for me this year.Just about a week ago.Said I was switching to dish for the above reasons and all I watched was redzone. They are giving it to me free this year and I couldnt be happier.

We're moving to a new apartment, and DirecTV gave me the ticket for free this year. Make sure you ask for it right now if you're moving, they'll give it to you.

been a DTV customer since 95. if they are giving it free to new customers then they are going to give me one hell of a deal to stay with them, I will not expect free but a really good price. if they are not willing to take care of a long time a customer then I will be leaving them

been a DTV customer since 95. if they are giving it free to new customers then they are going to give me one hell of a deal to stay with them, I will not expect free but a really good price. if they are not willing to take care of a long time a customer then I will be leaving them
I hear ya. Some hammerhead did some sort of research and came up with the idea that you screw the loyal customer instead of rewarding him. That's how you bring in new customers. It's bull####. I'm setting this up right now. Having Verizon FIOS internet & phone installed on Saturday. Then I will threaten to leave Direct TV for Verizon FIOS TV. They will either give me a deal incl. NFL sunday ticket or I leave. I don't need the sunday ticket but would like it again. I'm not paying a bull#### amount when new people get it for free.

Same here. If their going to give it to new customers for free, they will be giving it to me for free or I will going to cable. The ticket is basically the only reason to keep DTV now. Been paying for premium package, HD, DVR, etc for quite a few years. They usually hook me up with a pretty sweet deal to keep the Ticket. I think one year I paid 39.99 after all the deals. I'll be calling before that extra hits my bill.

Just called in. Have been with Direct for 2 years and our contact ran out next month. Complained about Ticket being offered for free, and also about HD (we never called in when that was offered to new customers). Actually planned on switching to Dish if they didn't bring a nice offer, and threw the numbers out there to the rep for the package I was getting from Dish. Free HD for life, free HD DVR receiver, and package was $20 cheaper per month.

Guy said since we've been a great customer with no credits and never missed a payment, he is sure he can offer enough to make us stay. Ended up getting NFL Ticket absolutely free, free HD DVR upgrade, free HD for life, and $10 credit for 12 months. :thumbup:

Can't wait to watch my free Sunday Ticket on my new free HD channels! :football:

problem is that they don't care about their customers unless you are on the brink of the contract running out. Direct TV is annoying, I am a subscriber and I get a lot, and they don't hook me up with crap! I wish I could just talk to a sensible person like the person you did, but too often they contract out and you are just talking to a wall

I just got off the phone and am pleasantly surprised if not shocked. We are currently under contract for 1 more year, and right now have the Choice Ultimate package that comes to $50 a month after several discounts. We started this account last year in August so like all "new" subscribers they gave us Sunday Ticket for free last year. We are going to be moving in a new house in late August/Early Sept so I called and wanted to find out what kind of packages we might be able to get when we move. I was offered ST for free again, I'll keep the exact Choice Ultimate package I have now, plus we're getting a 3rd DVR with the Whole Home DVR package. While the rep said the Whole Home will cost $3 per month and the 3rd receiver will have a monthly charge, she was going to give us $22 worth of credits on top of what we already have. IF she's telling the truth, it sounds like we might end up with a monthly bill under $40 a month. I can definitely live with that! :thumbup:

Just called in. Have been with Direct for 2 years and our contact ran out next month. Complained about Ticket being offered for free, and also about HD (we never called in when that was offered to new customers). Actually planned on switching to Dish if they didn't bring a nice offer, and threw the numbers out there to the rep for the package I was getting from Dish. Free HD for life, free HD DVR receiver, and package was $20 cheaper per month.Guy said since we've been a great customer with no credits and never missed a payment, he is sure he can offer enough to make us stay. Ended up getting NFL Ticket absolutely free, free HD DVR upgrade, free HD for life, and $10 credit for 12 months. :thumbup:Can't wait to watch my free Sunday Ticket on my new free HD channels! :football:
I just called and got the same deal, but it's a 24 mo service agreement. I'm ok with that considering the deal I just got.

I just called and got $100 credit instantly and another $20 off for 6 months. Also getting ST-To-Go for free. So, not as good as "free", but considering I'm still under contract and will be paying about $120 for the year, I can't complain too much. Seems to be a good time to call.

Just called in. Have been with Direct for 2 years and our contact ran out next month. Complained about Ticket being offered for free, and also about HD (we never called in when that was offered to new customers). Actually planned on switching to Dish if they didn't bring a nice offer, and threw the numbers out there to the rep for the package I was getting from Dish. Free HD for life, free HD DVR receiver, and package was $20 cheaper per month.Guy said since we've been a great customer with no credits and never missed a payment, he is sure he can offer enough to make us stay. Ended up getting NFL Ticket absolutely free, free HD DVR upgrade, free HD for life, and $10 credit for 12 months. :thumbup:Can't wait to watch my free Sunday Ticket on my new free HD channels! :football:
I just called and got the same deal, but it's a 24 mo service agreement. I'm ok with that considering the deal I just got.
Yea, forgot to mention that I guess. I'm ok with that too though. The HD DVR upgrade was the reason for the service agreement, he offered the Sunday Ticket with no agreement needed. I mentioned being disappointed in not having free HD, thats when he offered the free HD DVR and $10/month for 12 months (to negate the HD charges for a year). He said once that credit is up, I could call back in and get another applied. Seems I got pretty lucky and got a very reasonable guy on the phone.

Ok, called for the 4th time today and finally got a good deal.... Half off the ticket this year.... Just like last year.... 3rd call tonight the guy would only do -$10 for 6 months, NO THANKS... Still to much.... Called right back and told the guy what deal I got last year and seen what new people get and said I want what I had last year and got it.... HERE WE GO!!

Not sure why every year I have to play this game... Crazy...

Called and cut to the chase. The customer service guy was rude, so I just said to put me through to cancel some services.

The cancellation guy was very polite. I have an account with Directv since 1999. I told the guy I hate to make the call, but as a consumer when I see other people paying less than I am I have to. He totally understood.

Here's what he did for me:

$200 instant credit towards my next bill.

$5 credit for 24 months, and a $10 credit for $24 months. So $380 for that discount.

He also tossed in 6 months of no HD costs , so another $60 savings.

$640 for one phone call, and there was very little haggling. He says because I am a loyal customer.

Good licks boys, and girls.

Thanks for this info, I'm gonna try this weekend. I tried last year and they told me it wasn't possible.

If you switch to Direct TV and I assume it is a 12 month contract, you get the ticket for free. It was hard for Direct TV to market it in May/June/July because of the lockout so they are simply throwing it in this year. Many will get hooked, they probably will report record profits after the 2012 season when they switch back to something like $300 for the ticket spread out over 4 months and then Free Direct TV during those 4 month etc...if you were ever thinking of getting this, 2011 is the season to do so.
Everythings 24 month contracts now and if you cancel it is 20 a month for the rest of the contract.6 months down the line you have to move to a place that can't get directv you pay them $360 for watching their programing 6 months.

I've had DirecTV for 3 years now and I called last evening. Seems like I got a better deal than some, but not as good as some others. My deal came down to $30 off/month x 6 months + Free Sunday Ticket To Go ($50 value). Basically the Sunday Ticket is going to cost me $144 this year with To Go. Not bad, but I might call in a few days and complain that my friends got a better deal from them to see what else they can throw in.

So am I.

Called today and got some woman who took 30 mins to figure anything out, then disconnected me. So I called back and got a cool guy who gave me free HD DVR, free Showtime/Starz for 6 months and $25/mo credit for 12 months. They wouldn't budge on the Sunday ticket. I had to agree for 24 months...overall not too bad. Saved $300 over the next 12 months and got new equipment.

I get the RZC for free on FIOS (and my first year with it so I'll get NFLN for the first time, now that I'm off TWC). I DID consider DirectTV's "Manhattan" plan just to watch my Jets games now in Pittsburgh... but I guess RZC will do.

'hustedj said:
Ok, called for the 4th time today and finally got a good deal.... Half off the ticket this year.... Just like last year.... 3rd call tonight the guy would only do -$10 for 6 months, NO THANKS... Still to much.... Called right back and told the guy what deal I got last year and seen what new people get and said I want what I had last year and got it.... HERE WE GO!!Not sure why every year I have to play this game... Crazy...
You know they record every time you call and mark it down what you called for.

'cr8f said:
'Hoss_Cartwright said:
So am I.
Based on what I've read/heard, DTV's customer retention can get you the Redzone channel, stand alone, if you threaten to cancel service… and that is about the only way for an existing customer to land it. I tried last year on 2-3 occasions, not threatening to cancel as I had 1+ years left on my contract, and I got nowhere.

I just got off the phone with DTV's customer retention.

I have 1 year remaining on my contract and had free Sunday Ticket last year (I have only been with them for just under 1 year). I called and told the woman that another firm had contacted me and offered more reasonable programming and offered to give me a $250 credit towards future programming to cover the cost of me breaking my contract with DTV. I asked her "How much it would take me to break my contract?", and after about 10 minutes of double talk she gave me the $260 figure. So I then said that the other firm would be essentially covering 98% of this cost that I'd like to cancel. She then asked me "who was offering this?", and I told her AT&T. She also asked how much they would be charging me monthly? I replied $80/month and that it include the NFL Redzone in HD and all the channels that I need. I informed her that I don't really watch the ticket and that the Redzone channel will give me eveything that I need. I told her that the $80/month includes all receivers, DVR etc..... I also told her that I don't watch half the channels that I get anyway and I'm looking for the best cost solution. SHE THEN ASKED ME IF I'D LIKE TO CANCEL RIGHT NOW (essentially seeing if I was really prepared to cancel...)? I told her that "I don't want to cancel as of right now, but I would like to cancel as of Aug 1st. How do I get this equipment back to you?". THERE WAS THEN ABOUT A 20 second pause.....

She then offered to drop my programming cost to $78.98 (essentially matching AT&T's quoted price with no added length of contract). I was paying $119/month. She also offered me a $150 credit towards the Sunday Ticket (dropping the cost from $334 to a more respectable $184).

I accepted!

Good Luck!

I posted this in the FFA yesterday. HTH

FYI -

Just this morning I noticed DTV billed me an extra ten dollars. I had already danced this dance with them last month when my 12 month refer a friend promo ended. It "slipped" off again, the promo that is, in spite of last months lady telling me she would extend another 12 months. I called this morning, said cancel, and informed Patricia that I was done with this crap of calling every month. I told her Dish is offering 2 years at 39.99 for something very similar and I'm done. She offered 12 x 10 AND $200.00 off the sunday ticket (130 for the season w/ this promo - very reasonable price imo). I took it and watched her put it on my account.

No arguing at all which is weird b/c, in the past, DTV fought me toothe and nail for every dollar on ST. Good luck friends.

Wish the non-Dtv Redzone touting cable companies would promo the redzone over the next few weeks to entice people to sign up. I know redzone isnt much (sometimes free, cox charges 45 i think).

My buddy called yesterday and got a $100 off the Sunday Ticket. He told me the rep on the phone told him DirecTV actually has an entire group of reps this time of year that deals exclusively with people asking for deals on Sunday Ticket.

How bogus is the $29.99 package they're offering now? Looks like most of you guys are still in the $100 a month range for this.

Been with Direc tv since 2007'. Called them up and told them I was switching to Dish network as they offer free RZC. I ended up getting 24 x $10 off per month and getting the ticket for $125 off(5 x $25.00). So I ended up saving $365.00....I'll take it!!

When you sign up, use this number as a referral: 045839559

You will get $100 off over the year (on top of the NFL Ticket deal) and of course, I get the referral credit. :excited:

You guys that are getting free DVR upgrades, what are you saying to get it? I tried that last year and they wouldn't budge.

I swear I think their deals are randomly generated and you just gotta keep calling until you get the best one. I called to cancel last week and got $20 credit for 12 months plus $10 credit for 24 months, plus free HD for 2 years, plus some free movie channels for 3 months, plus $170 off Sunday Ticket (1/2 price) plus they gave me a free whole home HD DVR upgrade. Came out the next day and setup the DVR upgrade for free and didn't make me sign another 2 year agreement.

Whole home DVR is awesome plus I got a free DVR upgrade because my 6 year old one was a piece of crap and noisy, new one is awesome, super quiet and has almost twice the hard drive space.

The only thing they were stubborn about was they wouldn't throw in the Sunday Ticket to go for free, they wanted the $50 for that and wouldn't give it to me for some reason. But I think I found a workaround, I have 5 TVs in my living room and I usually like to watch a 6th game on my laptop with the TO GO, but with the whole home DVR, they have an application called DIRECTV2PC that you can watch anything on your DVR over your internet connection on a laptop so I can just start recording an extra game on DVR and then watch it live on the laptop with DIRECTV2PC and from what I can tell so far, its much better picture quality than I used to get with the Sunday Ticket To Go.

I swear I think their deals are randomly generated and you just gotta keep calling until you get the best one. I called to cancel last week and got $20 credit for 12 months plus $10 credit for 24 months, plus free HD for 2 years, plus some free movie channels for 3 months, plus $170 off Sunday Ticket (1/2 price) plus they gave me a free whole home HD DVR upgrade. Came out the next day and setup the DVR upgrade for free and didn't make me sign another 2 year agreement.Whole home DVR is awesome plus I got a free DVR upgrade because my 6 year old one was a piece of crap and noisy, new one is awesome, super quiet and has almost twice the hard drive space.The only thing they were stubborn about was they wouldn't throw in the Sunday Ticket to go for free, they wanted the $50 for that and wouldn't give it to me for some reason. But I think I found a workaround, I have 5 TVs in my living room and I usually like to watch a 6th game on my laptop with the TO GO, but with the whole home DVR, they have an application called DIRECTV2PC that you can watch anything on your DVR over your internet connection on a laptop so I can just start recording an extra game on DVR and then watch it live on the laptop with DIRECTV2PC and from what I can tell so far, its much better picture quality than I used to get with the Sunday Ticket To Go.
When they activate that new HD DVR receiver u will automatically be renewed into a 2 year contract.

called today. Been a customer since 2001. Said "cancel Sunday Ticket", got a recording talking about how the lockout is over and did I really want to cancel it. Said "yes" and was transferred to what I thought was customer retention. Obviously it wasn't as this guy was very short with me and cancelled it right away.

Waited about 15 min, called back and said "cancel service". Got a nice sounding lady on the other end of the line, and proceeded to tell her that I saw that Dish was giving the RedZone channel for free. She went into a canned speech about everything the Sunday Ticket package has, so on and so forth. She told me that this RedZone channel that Dish has didn't show entire games on it like DirectTV's does. I quickly stopped her and asked her if she knew what the "Red Zone" was. She politely said no, that she wasn't a sports fan. A minute or so later, I had her up to speed on what she needed to say when people like me call.

She placed me on hold and came back and said that she was going to give me 1/2 off the Sunday Ticket pkg, plus an extra $20 off my bill through the calendar year.

I didn't need any upgrades to my equipment, and I have every channel they offer, so she threw in the rest of MLB Extra Innings and gave me ESPN gameplan for free as well.

So, if you call to cancel Sunday Ticket, make sure you say cancel service or else I doubt you go to customer retention.

for anybody who wants to know

Just called in and said cancel service

I have been a DTV subscriber for 6 years / got a free HD DVR rec for another room(with 2 yr commitment), 15 credit to bill for 24 months, free dvr for one year(12 bucks off for year) half off sunday ticket, free premium channels for 3 months. worth a 20 min call for sure

I've had DirecTV for 3 years now and I called last evening. Seems like I got a better deal than some, but not as good as some others. My deal came down to $30 off/month x 6 months + Free Sunday Ticket To Go ($50 value). Basically the Sunday Ticket is going to cost me $144 this year with To Go. Not bad, but I might call in a few days and complain that my friends got a better deal from them to see what else they can throw in.
Customer since 07 and pretty much the same thing I got. Told them I had to speak with the wife and call back. Will try to see if they can toss more on as there are better deals being reported here. I really don't mind paying around 144 so my brother and I (he will watch all the games on computer through my To Go) can catch all the Falcon games but certainly don't want to leave anything on the table.

So annoying doing this every year but after my 2nd call

I'm in the middle of 2 years of $10 monthly HD credit (from last summer)

I managed

$20 off per month for 6 months

$150 one time credit

$5 off for 6 months each of Showtime, HBO and Skinemax ($22 per month instead of $37)

So total credit of $360- NFL package costs $324 :thumbup:

Called yesterday got a one time $200 credit to my account and fee To Go. Brings the price of the ticket to $124 not bad at all. This is additional to a bunch of other promos I have Free HD, $20 off a month for a year, Free Showtime for a year.

Exited to have the ticket for another year.

Users who are viewing this thread