What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Directv NFL Ticket.... (3 Viewers)

I've been telling my buddy about this thread and he said he's tried and they will not give it to him for free. I said give me your info and I'll call acting as you (him) and see if I can get it. So I did and they would not budge. He's been with them for 10 years I guess and they will not give it to him.

What do you think I should do? Should I just keep trying? I don't understand why they won't give it to him for free.

Thanks

Is anyone's receiver's down this morning with message 726? I'm in Canada technically we are not supposed to have the service here but no way Direct Tv could tell since we don't connect the receivers to the internet. I've been told not to call in either since they can trace the number. I know it sounds odd but can someone call in and ask if they are doing network upgrades or something?
Sounds like they found you.
A few people in Canada have been complainning if this is true this is horrendous.

Is anyone's receiver's down this morning with message 726? I'm in Canada technically we are not supposed to have the service here but no way Direct Tv could tell since we don't connect the receivers to the internet. I've been told not to call in either since they can trace the number. I know it sounds odd but can someone call in and ask if they are doing network upgrades or something?
A few people in Canada have been complainning if this is true this is horrendous.
Seems like most of the suggestions are to pull your card, power off, insert card and power on. Best of luck.https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS497US497&aq=0&oq=726+d&sugexp=chrome,mod=4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=726+directvhttp://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/192885-Error-code-726

I've been telling my buddy about this thread and he said he's tried and they will not give it to him for free. I said give me your info and I'll call acting as you (him) and see if I can get it. So I did and they would not budge. He's been with them for 10 years I guess and they will not give it to him. What do you think I should do? Should I just keep trying? I don't understand why they won't give it to him for free.Thanks
I called today and they would not budge either, they even brought up the point that I called last year and did the same thing :unsure:

Is anyone's receiver's down this morning with message 726? I'm in Canada technically we are not supposed to have the service here but no way Direct Tv could tell since we don't connect the receivers to the internet.

I've been told not to call in either since they can trace the number. I know it sounds odd but can someone call in and ask if they are doing network upgrades or something?
It's cool.. you guys can still watch football.

I've been telling my buddy about this thread and he said he's tried and they will not give it to him for free. I said give me your info and I'll call acting as you (him) and see if I can get it. So I did and they would not budge. He's been with them for 10 years I guess and they will not give it to him. What do you think I should do? Should I just keep trying? I don't understand why they won't give it to him for free.Thanks
I called today and they would not budge either, they even brought up the point that I called last year and did the same thing :unsure:
You sure you guys are talking to retention? Worked for my buddy just 2 days ago.

Definitely make sure you are getting Retention. After I gave my number to the VRU and said cancel it wanted to know if I was moving - I said no. I was honest with them and told them the truth - as a long time subscriber I am unhappy that friends of mine who unsubscribed last year are now being rewarded with the free Ticket for coming back. I researched a local TV provider, who will indeed pay my penalty to DirecTv via bill credit, and explained that I am willing to jump. The response I was given was " you are completely right and we apologize". I already have the HBO package and just renewed this year for 2 more years. There was nothing to up-sell me on. Everything considered I thought it was a customer satisfaction issue which DirecTV quickly responded to. I never would have thought to be the squeaky wheel if it were not for this thread.

Just got free Sunday Ticket w/redzone for my newphes while in Ohio. Same script for my subscription. Called, 'cancel service', complained that new subscribers get it for free and that's not fair. Looked up brothers account, subscriber for 10+ years, 'I'll give it to you for free'. Done. Everyone laughing in the background. Newphes stiff me on the $20 fee I was charging them.

Just got off the phone. Called the main number and indicated I wanted to Cancel (even though I'm under contract). Transerred to retention.Very low key discussion with a nice guy, no drama. He offered a number of different things to keep me from cancelling, and I ended up agreeing to a package that includes:- $20/month off for the next year- Sunday Ticket Max for free, including RedZone, Superfan, Shortcuts, etc- HBO for free - HBO GO for free In exchange, I agreed to move my contract end date out 1 month from where it already was. :thumbup:
how long do you have HBO for free?
1 Year

Got to the retention department and told them I was considering canceling to move to FIOS. This was true, as Verizon now has Red Zone Channel and was offering me a good deal.

No drama at all. Offered and immediately accepted $30 off per month for a year + free Sunday Ticket Max package.

I still had a year left on my commitment. No extension was required.

$660 savings for a five-minute call.

For you direct TV people - how is the on demand programming.

We have comcast and my contract is up and I'm thinking of switching but my kids and wife love the on demand stuff....

I keep calling back when I feel like my bill is too high. They've also gave me an additional $15 off per month for 3 months, then an additional $10 off per month for three months after that. When that runs out or when there is a break in coverage, I will call again and get more off.

For you direct TV people - how is the on demand programming.We have comcast and my contract is up and I'm thinking of switching but my kids and wife love the on demand stuff....
the box needs to be connected to the internet instead of a phone-line for On Demand and because of where my TVs are, I don't have it (and I don't want my TV connected to the internet). I'm not sure if new boxes come with Wi-fi or need a hardline.Worth calling and asking them

After my phone call my bill went from 121.50 to 116.50 for four months with the Sunday Ticket Max. Then for the rest of the year my bill drops to $80 with two free receivers.

'NCPanthersFan said:
'GreekFreak said:
'JNox3 said:
Definitely make sure you are getting Retention. After I gave my number to the VRU and said cancel it wanted to know if I was moving - I said no. I was honest with them and told them the truth - as a long time subscriber I am unhappy that friends of mine who unsubscribed last year are now being rewarded with the free Ticket for coming back. I researched a local TV provider, who will indeed pay my penalty to DirecTv via bill credit, and explained that I am willing to jump. The response I was given was " you are completely right and we apologize". I already have the HBO package and just renewed this year for 2 more years. There was nothing to up-sell me on. Everything considered I thought it was a customer satisfaction issue which DirecTV quickly responded to. I never would have thought to be the squeaky wheel if it were not for this thread.
I have talked to retention department...like 9 of them as well as two corporate folks and a supervisor. They have decided to to put their foot down for some people (I have successfully played the game for years) and they will not budge. I have told them that if they insist on charging me full price while giving hundreds of people a heavy discount or the package for free that I will end my service with them entirely after this season. They don't care.I am paying them full price and then pulling the plug. I warned them...in January when I call to cancel, they are not able to negotiate the price of the 2013 package so they will have nothing that is of any use to me. Somewhere in the 45 conversations I had with em, it was put to me that they are trying to put a stop to this game we all play every year. We'll see how that goes...I told em that by just doing to some and not all of us that they are looking like a bunch of hosers.Oh well, I look forward to saving $1300/yr and doing something else with it. Netflix costs me 7.99 a month and totally works for me.

called and they gave an option to just get the red zone channel for free or red zone and ticket for free with a 1 yr sub. chose the latter.

just said i was cancelling to get the red zone channel on cox.

'NCPanthersFan said:
'GreekFreak said:
'JNox3 said:
I have talked to retention department...like 9 of them as well as two corporate folks and a supervisor. They have decided to to put their foot down for some people (I have successfully played the game for years) and they will not budge. I have told them that if they insist on charging me full price while giving hundreds of people a heavy discount or the package for free that I will end my service with them entirely after this season. They don't care.I am paying them full price and then pulling the plug. I warned them...in January when I call to cancel, they are not able to negotiate the price of the 2013 package so they will have nothing that is of any use to me. Somewhere in the 45 conversations I had with em, it was put to me that they are trying to put a stop to this game we all play every year. We'll see how that goes...I told em that by just doing to some and not all of us that they are looking like a bunch of hosers.Oh well, I look forward to saving $1300/yr and doing something else with it. Netflix costs me 7.99 a month and totally works for me.
Sounds like your account is flagged somehow/someway based on the history. I would consider a new phone number maybe and start anew when you do. I gave this to 11 other guys in my league yesterday morning and the 5 or 6 who called all received it with no problems. A couple of them who were month-2-month had to commit to a year but that was about it.

Just hung up with retention. Told Alicia that I was only calling to get the Sunday Ticket for free as I was annoyed new customers were getting it without being charged. Three minutes later, I had it free without extending my contract. It's not the Max package, but whatever it's free football.

called and they gave an option to just get the red zone channel for free or red zone and ticket for free with a 1 yr sub. chose the latter.just said i was cancelling to get the red zone channel on cox.
I checked my redzone channel on 741 comcast and saw it was free yesterday. Not sure if they will do that again.

Just hung up with retention. Told Alicia that I was only calling to get the Sunday Ticket for free as I was annoyed new customers were getting it without being charged. Three minutes later, I had it free without extending my contract. It's not the Max package, but whatever it's free football.
Called yesterday morning. Didn't even bother making things up either, just told her I want the sunday ticket free like the new customers. I pay 160.00+ per month for Diretv and think I deserve it. SHe looks it up and says thank you for being a valued long time customer. Lowered my monthly bill to 120.00 and gave me the ticket for free.I love Directv. Pay your bills on time thru-out the year and you can get free football every single year.

Seeing if anyone can help me with a technical question. My google search is yielding different answers.

I want to run a "splitter" on the line coming into my HD DVR receiver so that I can get my old setup back and watch two TVs with two different receivers off of the same line in one room.

Unfortunately I was not home when DirecTV came out and I asked my wife to have the guy set this up during the installation. Of course it was a FAIL as guy told her he couldnt do it because of the HD.

It looks like I need a multiswitch to do this. Has anybody done this and does anyone know of a chain retailer or one in the DC area that sells a multiswitch that will do what I need it to do?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing if anyone can help me with a technical question. My google search is yielding different answers.I want to run a "splitter" on the line coming into my HD DVR receiver so that I can get my old setup back and watch two TVs with two different receivers off of the same line in one room.Unfortunately I was not home when DirecTV came out and I asked my wife to have the guy set this up during the installation. Of course it was a FAIL as guy told her he couldnt do it because of the HD.It looks like I need a multiswitch to do this. Has anybody done this and does anyone know of a chain retailer or one in the DC area that sells a multiswitch that will do what I need it to do?TIA
Anyone........

I had mine installed last Friday and the guy put a splitter on the line coming into the family room. He then ran the second line to the outside bar where he put a 4-way splitter to run 4 tvs out there. The family room tv has the HD DVR and it works great, no signal issues at all. The outside tvs are all HD boxes and they also work great. He did tell me that the splitters I had out there previously were not sufficient for DirectTV so he used what he brought.

Let me know if you want the specifics on what splitters he used and I'll post it ...

Have a Great Day!

I had mine installed last Friday and the guy put a splitter on the line coming into the family room. He then ran the second line to the outside bar where he put a 4-way splitter to run 4 tvs out there. The family room tv has the HD DVR and it works great, no signal issues at all. The outside tvs are all HD boxes and they also work great. He did tell me that the splitters I had out there previously were not sufficient for DirectTV so he used what he brought.Let me know if you want the specifics on what splitters he used and I'll post it ...Have a Great Day!
Thanks for the response, man.I really wish I had been home at the time of installation but they had to come back a 2nd time.Any info you could share on the specifics of the splitter would be greatly appreciated.

I took a couple pics of the two splitters. small one is split to the bar and the HD DVR, big one is for the 4 tvs outside at the bar ....

'Hopefully these pics show up ... if not then I'll PM you and send them to you in an email .... Good Luck!

Not sure how the pics are supposed to work on this forum.... try and copy those urls and see if you can see them, if not send me a pm with your email and I'll send them that way...

ETA - just copy the url without the at the front and the back and paste in your browser, they should show up ...

Not sure how the pics are supposed to work on this forum.... try and copy those urls and see if you can see them, if not send me a pm with your email and I'll send them that way...ETA - just copy the url without the at the front and the back and paste in your browser, they should show up ...
I copied and pasted into my url and the pics worked.Thanks, DS!Now I just need to find a retailer. Looks like I might just end up having to call DTV and let them bend me over and pay for to have a tech come back out. But we'll see.

wow I should have called last week. free sunday ticket with a year renew on my contract and I already have a bunch of credits on my bill. I looked at the timer on my phone and the call took a total of 4 min and 30 some seconds.

Holy hell. After being on the phone for around an hour, switching multiple supervisors all I could get was $30 off a month and showtime free for a year with a year agreement.

They stated many times that only new customers were getting the Ticket for free and I called BS. I originally wasnt going to cancel but after the runaround I turned serious and once I picked a date to cancel they sent me to some Cancellation supervisor and she made everything go through in about 2 minutes. Very frustrating and I let them know this process is a total cluster####.

anyone make the annual call yet?

I am thinking of calling very soon and just wanted to see how good/bad the old call retention get free stuff game is working...

I am thinking of calling very soon and just wanted to see how good/bad the old call retention get free stuff game is working...
I have gotten the ticket and red zone free (plus $20.00 a month off for a year) the last three years, but they always make me wait until last years promo ends to give me a deal for the current year, so I have to wait until August to make the call. They seem to be all over the board with how they handle this, so not sure this is standard, but I get the same deal offered me every year once my current promotion ends.

If you are not locked into a contract, they are pretty generous...............

I cancelled Direct TV and couldn't be happier. AT&T Uverse gives me NFL Redzone channel for free because I told them I had an issue with internet speed and wasn't happy. You can get any NFL game on the internet through sites. So I just stream the game I want and watch Redzone. Works well for me and I don't have to pay for NFL package.

pantherclub said:
this absolutely sucks that as DirectTV customers we have to do this stupid song and dance every ####### year.
There is some idiot at the top of the DirectTV sales food chain that has some worthless stat that tells him that it's better policy to screw existing customers than reward them.

I have gotten the ticket and red zone free (plus $20.00 a month off for a year) the last three years, but they always make me wait until last years promo ends to give me a deal for the current year, so I have to wait until August to make the call. They seem to be all over the board with how they handle this, so not sure this is standard, but I get the same deal offered me every year once my current promotion ends.

If you are not locked into a contract, they are pretty generous...............
agreed

pantherclub said:
this absolutely sucks that as DirectTV customers we have to do this stupid song and dance every ####### year.
completely agree

pantherclub said:
There is some idiot at the top of the DirectTV sales food chain that has some worthless stat that tells him that it's better policy to screw existing customers than reward them.
Every other service out there would tell their customers to screw off when they called in threatening to cancel if they didn't get a repeat of the new subscriber deal every year. The notion that you should be upset because you have to put in 15 mins to get something for free that you should be paying for is ridiculous. Every one of these companies offer new subscriber bonuses and none of them will extend it to current customers like DirecTV will. Why don't you go ahead and switch to cable, and call them up after your "6 months for $10 a month" new subscriber deal expires and try and get it again. They'll laugh in your face.

Called in yesterday to cancel the soccer package and asked about a Sunday Ticket deal. Guy was straight forward with me says he knows what people do. He said they arent allowed discounting it till August but if I call back in August I can get it for like 150. Im happy paying that for the Sunday Ticket Max.

Called in yesterday to cancel the soccer package and asked about a Sunday Ticket deal. Guy was straight forward with me says he knows what people do. He said they arent allowed discounting it till August but if I call back in August I can get it for like 150. Im happy paying that for the Sunday Ticket Max.
I always get more than a free or discounted ticket. Get customer retention on the line and school them every time. Usually get credits, free programming, free hardware, or all of the above. ..

pantherclub said:
I have to preface this with the fact that I am a longstanding DirecTV haggler. I am not ashamed to admit that I have gotten so caught up in the act that I did in fact cancel our service one time; my wife was watching TV and the plug was pulled right in the middle of it because what I was trying to work out a Sunday Ticket deal on the phone. They called my bluff and I was too proud to budge; until 5 minutes later when I called right back and claimed there was some sort of mistake :) , and 15 minutes after that when I called back again to get a new retention agent and continued haggling.

Unfortunately, I do feel that there a ton of people who do not do this at all, and I really think that is DirecTVs business model. I can't blame them. I would much rather make the yearly call multiple times in a single night to get what I want than switch to Dish Network.

Users who are viewing this thread