What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Directv NFL Ticket.... (1 Viewer)

Has anyone gotten DTV to give them Redzone by itself this year yet? I heard people got it last year, but tried to do it this year and so far having no luck

Has anyone gotten DTV to give them Redzone by itself this year yet? I heard people got it last year, but tried to do it this year and so far having no luck
I did but then I called back after reading this thread and got the whole sunday ticket for free. I pretty much only watched red zone channel anyway so figured it'd be easier to try to get that one channel for free rather than the whole ST package. Then I realized I could probably get the whole thing for free if I asked. So i called and asked and got a nice guy who said yes. I said that I was offered a discount for the entire sunday ticket but my friend got it for free and I was wondering if I could get that same deal. Took 90 seconds i think.

when you call directv say CANCEL SERVICE a few times to get transferred to the "Customer Retention" reps on the phone. They can give you discounts on your Sunday Ticket and regular programming. I'm still under the first contract and got $180 off sunday ticket last year.
YES YES YES , I just got off the phone with them , and was prepared to cancel my service all together, I told them I was upset the the new customers get free sunday ticket, And i had to pay 300+. the person you will get is prepared to do almost anything to keep you as a customer. I was able to get the Sunday Ticket and Cinamax FREE for a year ...stop what your doing and call now
To add to my earlier post... here is a post from last month on how to work over DirecTV for as big a disscount as possible. (Aside: yes they are kinda "working us over" even if we pay them $80+ a month for TV these days when 5-10 years from now the distribution of TV content will be different/cheaper)....Never pay full price for TV & Internet. The big dogs will reduce your bill to keep you a customer. More and more people are just scrapping cable/satellite altogether, going with discount internet providers and Hulu subscriptions. If that's too extreme, just follow the steps listed below

With negotiation, you can always get a discount with Directv--on sunday ticket, your monthly package bill, premium channels, service fees. Usually they will give you 4-6 month discounts on different parts of your bill.

Just call 1-800-directv and say "CANCEL SERVICE" ... you will be transferred to "Account Retention" instead of their sales people. The Account Retention people have the authority to give you discounts on your monthly bill. If you talk to a directv employee named Darius he always hooks it up, i've talked to him twice in the handful of times i negotiate.

The following generic story usually gets them to lower your bill (i also negotiate for my friends and family to knock their bills down):

1. Bad economy - bills are hard to meet, watching every dollar, have to cut back

2. My wife wants to cancel the satellite TV and switch to AT&T U-Verse / Comcast / (insert local cable company)

3. My wife got laid off her job, we have to cut back on bills, and we cant continue to pay $___ a month for directv

(note you dont have to be married to use the "my wife wants to switch" story.. i'm not married and i use that every time!)

Just go through that basic laundry list and they will claim to understand and take money off your bill. Once you starting saving money on your TV bill, try calling your other monthly bills--- like Internet. You can probably get your DSL speed upgraded and save $10-$20 a month off your bill.

I'm still on my initial 2yr contract and get $40 a month off. Last year i got $180 off my Sunday Ticket. Saved my folks $30 a month on their AT&T uverse and got them a $100 credit off their next bill.
Unreal...I just got the following (and I've only been with Directv for over a year.)Free Sunday Ticket and ToGo

Free Showtime for year

2 for 1: cinemax and HBO for 3 months

Free DVR service for a year

$20 off per month for 6 months

Thanks...just stated wife lost her job and this nice lady started ringing up the deals.

Just called and didn't have much leverage after adding a second DVR for free a month ago so went the CANCEL SERVICE route...he offered ST for half price or Redzone for free. I took Redzone and am now a happy camper.

thanks everyone

Today i called on my lunch hour. First girl I got in the customer service area offered me 10 bucks off a month. I said I couldnt afford it and that My wife was fed up with my sports.

I hung up and called the retention dept. He said I was still under contract for another year. I told him my wife is mad cause others are getting it for free. He said that Since I have been paying my bills on time he would check some things out. After about 5 min on hold he came back and offered me free HD for 2 years and Sunday ticket for half off.

I have a pretty good feeling I could have pushed for more, but a few hours ago I was ready to pony up 360 some dollars for the ticket and was paying for HD every month. I am pumped.

Just made my annual call. Told him my wife wants to cut back on expenses and the only reason I got Directv in the first place was because of ST. I followed up by saying I knew I couldn't afford ST this year.

He initially offered me $20 off per month for 12 months :yawn: .

I told him that was still twice as much as it would cost me to switch to Dish.

His next offer included free ST with free ST to go :pickle: .

I tried to get an extra receiver out of him but he said he would have to have a 2 year commitment for any type of equipment upgrades. I'm happy.

I was just able to get free Sunday ticket plus free HD by signing up for autopay (no new contract). Also received free Palladia pkg for six months - that channel is awesome. I figure I'll probably turn the autopay off sometime soon after the Superbowl so I can get this promotion again next season.

She wouldn't give me Sunday ticket to go, but implied that I would have luck getting a credit for it if I called back during the season.

It's amazing what the Account Retention group can do. Truth is, in this economy, I am tempted to actually cancel, so this kind of service is actually saving my account. Good for them and me.

I just recently moved and hooked up with DirectTV. Received a free year of NFL ticket.....One question, how does this work??? Is it like the nfl network, just one channel? Or multiple channels? Will the games show up on certain channels once they are viewable to watch? ETC.

Thanks

11 months in a 24 month contract. already have free hd for life. told them I was going back to local cable company due to price and NFL ticket costing too much.

Just got this deal.

Free NFL ticket $355 value

$35 off for 6 months $210

Free wireless adapter for 1 dvr. $29.95

Free installation of wireless adapter. $49.95

Total savings $645.

And bonus co worker just signed up today so an extra $10 off for 10th months.

0 for 2 so far.

Best offer I've gotten is ST for half off and enough bill credits to make up for the other half. Shooting for Free ST plus the credits.

Redzone channel still comes with the ticket, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I called in. I was able to get Sunday Ticket for half price. They would not do free at all and I tried hard...

I also received a $20 credit for 6 months.

When I asked about ToGo they said no way they could do free.

But after talking they gave another $5 credit for 6 months taking that to half price as well.

I also received a new HD DVR. the new ones are much smaller and quieter.

So I paid in $191.86

Credits $150

Not too bad. Not as good as hoped for, but much better than full price.

4th time's the charm. Got free ST, free ST to go, $20 off for 6 months, and a free replacement HD DVR for my old HR20 that was slowly dying.

It's weird how different people offer completely different stuff. I don't know if people are just authorized to give different things or if some people are just really gung-ho about trying to save DTV as much money as possible.

The first lady I talked to was practically begging me to stay with DTV but still wouldn't offer any better than half off ST. The last person took all of 10 seconds to offer the whole she-bang, and then even after I'd agreed to it she went and looked to see what other free stuff she could give me.

Their retention team is getting tougherI've been threatening to leave & haggling with them for year - been with DTV since 2006 - I usually get the ST down to about $100 per year.Spoke to Mark yesterday who gave me $30 off my bill for the next 6 months - bringing ST to $170.Spoke to Tracy today and asked to cancel - going to Dish Network and the Red Zone for $60 per month - she offered to give me a credit of $150 to make up the difference of price and cancel my ST just giving me the Red Zone. This she says is now comparing apples to apples. If you're only getting the Red Zone with Dish Network - DTV can do the same and come close to their price. She also bashed Dish Network saying . . . .If you record a movie you can't watchsomething else on another channel, etc.Told her the final straw was the free ST offer to new subscriber - she didn't care.She keeps telling me to compare apples to apples. THAT is not what I want - I want to keep DTV with the ST - but not pay for it.
I think it may just be the individual reps. I've worked in call centers before where you have a certain amount of leeway with what you offer. Some reps will just offer you the best deal right away, while others will try to do the best thing for the company by negotiating with you and slowly increasing the offer. Then there are the kind of try to read the customer and realize that they are bluffing, and offer them the bare minimum possible and call their bluff.
they are very inconsistent

Made the call today, but I'm a new customer. ST and To Go free, plus all this other stuff including free HD receiver, free HD DVR receiver, and half off the third receiver. No installation, plus another $10 bucks off for using someone here as a referral :thumbup: My monthly bill for the first year is damn low, pretty pumped. Throw in VZ internet, and I'm ready to move into the new place :excited:

Katie took my call. I mentioned that it was unfair that new customers were getting Ticket for free and I have been customer for nine years. Plus since my wife and I are expecting new baby this year, I couldn't justify spending that much. She came back with "How about $20 per month off the Ticket price? Would that help with the finances?" I said is there anything else you could possibly do? She said no. "Ok, then please remove Ticket from my programming." A long silence..."Ok, it's been removed. Is there anything else today?"For the first time in sevene years, I will be Ticketless. :cry:Anybody thought about making switch to Dish? The main reason I chose Direct was because of the Ticket. No need to stay now. I know everyone on this thread, obviously, are DTV customers, but is Dish pretty compareable with regards to price and service. I will research, but any thoughts would be appreciated. THX
I did that last year when they called my bluff but I hung up on him, and immediately called back. Next CSR I talked to I explained that I just called a minute ago to cancel ST, but the gentleman offered me $150 off, and when he put me on hold we got disconnected. She said OK no problem and gave me the offer

I just recently moved and hooked up with DirectTV. Received a free year of NFL ticket.....One question, how does this work??? Is it like the nfl network, just one channel? Or multiple channels? Will the games show up on certain channels once they are viewable to watch? ETC.Thanks
The games will show up on multiple channels in the 700 range.

First try got half off ST

Second try got ... Free ST + $20 off for 6 months.

Said wife got laid off and had to cut back on a few things, TV being one of them. Said I was hoping to get some help from their side. Told her that I really only switched to DTV because of sunday ticket so if they can do something with ST I would be more willing to stay if they could help with the cost and what not... otherwise Timewarner cable is more than half their price for the same channels. She then hooked me up.

Boom!

Called this morning. Was already getting statement credits for over $20/month on my programming. First offer was for $200 total. After I said that's not going to cut she came back with a one-time charge of $100 for the entire season. So, I am pretty happy with that.

Free Sunday Ticket

Free HD for year

10 bucks off a month for 6 mo

Free HD/DVR rec

579 bucks saved

this thread gets my vote for "best thread of the year" 3 years in a row

I am moving and thinking of getting Directv. Never had it, so don't know much about what is and is not considered a good deal. Thus, I was hoping I could post what they are offering and someone could tell me if that is a good deal or not. I honestly do not know. On one hand, it sounds good to me. On the other hand, I have heard & read things regarding others getting even more - so perhaps it isn't that great. Someone that knows, please give me their opinion.

Choice Ultimate package

225+ channels

Plus Encore, Sundance, and The Movie Channel

For 3 months only: HBO, Starz, Cinemax, Showtime all free

Free Sunday Ticket, Free ST To-Go, Red Zone

2 yr deal - if cancel before then it costs $20/mo for all remaining months

Free membership to DTV Cinema (6000 movies free)

Can rent movies that are still technically in the theatre

2 HD boxes - 1) that is an HD DVR/Receiver, 2) the other is an HD receiver (but not DVR)

Supposedly can access what is recorded on the DVR in either location; dvr holds 500 hours

All this for $81/mo (if I do phone and internet as well)

However, I don't want to do phone & internet through them b/c of the slow speeds. If I don't do all 3, then they subtract out the $40 for phone & internet, but add $15 because they had reduced it by that much if I did bundle.

So $56/mo for TV without phone & internet

Installation & activation free

That cost is at $10/mo less than it would have been, but will waive the $10/mo HD fee if I set up automatic bill pay

What happens in the 2nd year:

Goes up $31/mo to $87

No Sunday Tix, Tix to go, or Red Zone for free anymore

To add HBO: $16/mo

To add any of Starz, Showtime, or Cinemax: $13/mo for each

Is this a good deal? Bad deal? Jump on it? Ask for more?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Just an FYI that Charter now has the NFL Network and the Red Zone channels in reg. and HD. Cost $10 for the sports package and I have them both. Thank God they have the NFL Network finally!!!!

Saved hundreds on DirecTV with 1 phone call! Called and said cancel service twice (since Dish is cheaper), then connected with the retention dept. After a pleasant conversation with James from Alabama, received Sunday Ticket free (originally offered half off, I asked if he could do better), ST To Go free, $25 off/mo for 24 months, $10 off/mo for 6 months on HBO and Sports Pack, and a free service call to upgrade to Whole House DVR. Definitely worth the 25 min call.

Free NFL Sunday Ticket = $355

Free NFL ST To Go = $60

Free HD Access for 24 months = $240

Additional $10 off for 24 months = $240

Additional $5 off for 24 months = $120

$5 off of HBO for 6 months = $30

$5 off of Sports Pack for 6 months = $30

Free upgrade of Whole Home DVR = $50

TOTAL SAVINGS = $1125

*Contract free and customer since 2007.

Called talked Robert young kid. Made up some numbers with Dish said I could have the same package for 53 a month for 6 months including red zone channel.

Got $20 off for 12 months, another $20 off my Sunday ticket for 6 months and a one tome credit of $53.

Total savings of $413 for the yr

And getting ticket for $145 less than $10 per week. Not bad could have maybe gotten a lot more like whole home DVR, but I didnt push it. kid was really nice and shot the #### with him a little about the Lions

I made the call yesterday. I'm still in the first year of my contract, and the lady said she couldn't give me any discount on my package yet (she said call back in November when my first year was up and they would give me a discount) I did however get the ST for free, but she wouldn't budge on the ST to go. All in all, I'm pleased with just the ST for free.

Just called for the first time this year. DTV gave me $40/month off for 6 months and free ToGo. So I'm paying $100 for Sunday Ticket and the call only took 7 minutes. I'm quite happy.

Good luck to those that still have to get a deal.

9 year old big screen TV blew last week- needed/ wanted new HD DVR ($199) from Direct TV anyway to work on new HD 1080 TV for clarity/ sharpness (old receiver couldn't cut it- got better picture with old TV/ old receiver)) Got free + monitoring + $120 off NFL Ticket. Have had Ticket off and on (used to work some years on Sunday) since 1999 average bill without Ticket $120 month. Got a little something last year. When you call in ask for what the first guy said "I'll transfer you to the 'NFL Division'".

bottom line $320 (agreed to 24 months)

I've got the Choice Ultimate package with free ST (with entire home DVR) and my total bill for the next 6 months is only $31 a month. In 6 months from now it goes up to $46. I think that's about as low a bill you can get for that package and getting ST free. :thumbup:

Struck out on my first attempt with Kenneth. I've got 16 months left on my contract after getting a free HD DVR out of them, so not dealing from a position of strength.

He offered $10 off for 6 months. I passed, and he said he could do the $10 and another $20 for 24 months if I did auto-pay.

Will try again later.

I'm happy I found this thread. I never even knew that negotiating with Directv was an option. I think I did pretty well...I probably could have done better but I didn't want to be greedy. I also didn't think I had so much leverage. I decided not to threaten to cancel my service and switch to another company. I don't think that approach would make sensed because I have only been a customer since late September 2010 so I am still under contract for a while. I am also already enrolled in auto-bill pay so I didn't think I would get any extra bonus since I can't switch to that eiter.

I called customer service yesterday and told them that I want to order Sunday Ticket but my bill is already high because I have the Premier package. I told the customer service rep that I needed help figuring out which of my premium channels I would have to cancel to make the extra charge ($50 something a month) for Sunday Ticket more manageable. She immediately offered to give me a $10 credit for 12 months. I told her that was a a little bit helpful but my biggest concern was keeping my bill down for the 6 months that I will be paying for Sunday Ticket. I asked if there was a way to give me the same amount of credits but for 6 months instead of 12 (so $20 credits for 6 months.) She took a few moments and told me that she could not do that but she would transfer me to the NFL package department and they could probably help.

The NFL package rep was extremely helpful. I told her the same story and said that I didn't want my bill to go up too much...but I really want Sunday Ticket. She asked me how much extra I could pay. I acted uncomfortable and told her that I realistically did not want to pay any more than an extra $20 per month. She said she would work on it. After a pause, she told me that I could keep all of my current services and get Sunday Ticket...pretty much for the amount I requested. I acted excited about keeping all of my channels and agreed to let her activate the discounts (yea, I know...I was supposed to ask if she could do better though lol.) It took her several minutes to activate everything and then I asked her what I should expect with my bill. Here is a breakdown of the savings:

$10 off Premier x 12 months = $120

$10 off Sunday Ticket x 6 months = $60

$5 off HBO x 6 months = $30

$5 off MAX x 6 months = $30

$5 off STARZ x 6 months = $30

$5 off SHOWTIME x 6 months = $30

$5 off SPORTS x 6 = $30

So I basically saved $330 by making the phone call...and I didn't have to threaten to leave or anything! I thanked the NFL service rep and now I'm ready for opening day! Now that I look at it, the auto-renew would have been $53.99 for 6 months ($323.94 total.) So they are basically paying me $6.06 and giving me Sunday Ticket for free lol.

Is there a time that is too late to call? I've usually made my call by now, but am a little hesitant. I mean, when DTV let's you preview the ST the first week of the season, will it be too late to get a deal on the ST after that? I cancelled the ST as soon as the season was over last year blaming the lock out and they were fine with that. I've been looking into the dish network and they seem to be pretty cheap compared to ST. Does anyone have dish network and how is their service compared to DTV. I really only want the Red Zone channel as that's all i watch. I'm happy with DTV, but am always looking to save a few bucks!

Struck out on my first attempt with Kenneth. I've got 16 months left on my contract after getting a free HD DVR out of them, so not dealing from a position of strength.He offered $10 off for 6 months. I passed, and he said he could do the $10 and another $20 for 24 months if I did auto-pay.Will try again later.
Called back and Violet hooked me up. Gave me $50 credits for 6 months. So the Ticket that was going to cost $324, now costs me $24. It's not free, but I will take given my contract situation.

'swirvenirvin said:
Called talked Robert young kid. Made up some numbers with Dish said I could have the same package for 53 a month for 6 months including red zone channel.Got $20 off for 12 months, another $20 off my Sunday ticket for 6 months and a one tome credit of $53.Total savings of $413 for the yrAnd getting ticket for $145 less than $10 per week. Not bad could have maybe gotten a lot more like whole home DVR, but I didnt push it. kid was really nice and shot the #### with him a little about the Lions
This is pretty much what i got. And i'm only a year into my contract. Also got them to waive some $7 fee.If you are out of contract, I see no reason to pay for the ticket. Why wouldnt you just threaten to cancel and rebuy in someone elses name? The only reason I could see is if you were grandfathered in @ $135 or so

Called earlier in the week and the first thing they offered was $20 off per month for 6 months. Would have liked more but didn't put up a fight and accepted it.

After reading about more and more people getting it for free, I tried to call back right now and the guy only offered me an additional $5 off per month for 6 months.

I said that wasn't going to help and asked what the next steps would be for cancelling my account. Guy went into like a 5 minute rundown of how and when I'd need to ship back my receivers and remotes. Obviously had no interest in keeping me as a subscriber even though I've been a Directv and Sunday Ticket subscriber since 2000. So, I said I was going to see what Dish and cable were offering and then call back if I decide to cancel.

Lame.

Called earlier in the week and the first thing they offered was $20 off per month for 6 months. Would have liked more but didn't put up a fight and accepted it.After reading about more and more people getting it for free, I tried to call back right now and the guy only offered me an additional $5 off per month for 6 months.I said that wasn't going to help and asked what the next steps would be for cancelling my account. Guy went into like a 5 minute rundown of how and when I'd need to ship back my receivers and remotes. Obviously had no interest in keeping me as a subscriber even though I've been a Directv and Sunday Ticket subscriber since 2000. So, I said I was going to see what Dish and cable were offering and then call back if I decide to cancel.Lame.
Just keep calling, you'll get one that will help you out.

Called earlier in the week and the first thing they offered was $20 off per month for 6 months. Would have liked more but didn't put up a fight and accepted it.After reading about more and more people getting it for free, I tried to call back right now and the guy only offered me an additional $5 off per month for 6 months.I said that wasn't going to help and asked what the next steps would be for cancelling my account. Guy went into like a 5 minute rundown of how and when I'd need to ship back my receivers and remotes. Obviously had no interest in keeping me as a subscriber even though I've been a Directv and Sunday Ticket subscriber since 2000. So, I said I was going to see what Dish and cable were offering and then call back if I decide to cancel.Lame.
Just keep calling, you'll get one that will help you out.
THis is the only correct advice. Keep calling, they will accommodate.

I just want to add my experience with DirectTV to the discussion so that other subscribers can benefit:

I called DirectTV earlier today to see what they were willing to do. As background - I am a six-year subscriber that has purchased NFL Ticket each season.

Initially, the agent would only offer me $20 discount for six months and waived my $10 per month HD access fee as long as I kept my account on auto-pay which would have been a grand total of $240 in savings. I told him that it wasn't enough given DTV was offering NFL Ticket for free to new subscribers. I pointed out that I had Fios internet installed in my house, and I was willing to walk and change over to Fios TV if they couldn't do better. I said that offering new subscribers NFL Ticket for free while not offering any discount to long-standing customers was a slap in the face. To his credit, the agent agreed and said it was a stupid promotion that was angering a lot of people.

I asked him to go back and see if he could do better. He obliged and I was on hold for about five minutes while he worked it out with his supervisor. Here is what he came back with:

Waived the entire cost of NFL Ticket ($325)

$20 discount/6 months ($120)

Waived my HD access cost as long as I kept auto-pay active. ($120 per year)

I told him that would work. So for about 15-20 minutes of conversation I saved $565 for this year.

While you results may vary, and your circumstances may be different than mine, I think this does show that they will work with you if you make your case.

Called last week and got $20 off a month for 6 months, free dvr service for 12 months and ST for $140.

Just called back now and said I got the ST for $140 but a couple of friends got ST plus ST to go for free, just wondering if I could get the same deal since I've been with them so long. Ended up with free ST to go and since I accepted the last deal the only thing she could do was give me a one time credit of $150. So they essentially paid me $10 to get the ST and ST to go.

Total savings about $620. :thumbup:

Customer since 1998 and ST subscriber all but one of those years, usually at a discount. :)

Directv is awesome to deal with, just call and be nice!

Just posted this in FFA but wanted to share it here too....

Holy crap...just called....couldn't be happier with the results!! First attempt got Mauricio...best he could do it 1/2 off Ticket and $15 off 24 months...thank you but no!

Called back, Daniel hooked it up. He looked up my history and was almost shocked that I wasn't already getting ST for free. (Premier customer with 5 receivers (one HD) usually order ST, Hockey package and NBA package--auto pay customer since 2006.) Told him it was just too expensive and although I loved Directv was switching to Dish to save money. Here is what I ended up getting:

ST FREE $355

Ticket to GO FREE $60

$10 off 24 months HD access

$10 off 6 months Sports package

$6.50 off 12 months Stars

$5 off 6 months Showtime

$5 off 24 months (something else I could even keep track of because he was rattling off so many discounts! ;)

$5 off 6 months (same as above...one of these was HBO I believe)

$10 off 24 months Premier package

I always get nervous when I call them and I'm still shaking now I'm so excited!! Quickly added it up I think it's a total savings of just over $1200 Can't believe it!! :eek:

Also I am under contract until December next year I think...it was never even mentioned.

Just made my annual call to DTV today.

Member since 2007. Currently not under contract. Just had last years discounts expire about a month ago. I mentioned that other companies have great deals and it seems like I have to leave directv to get new equipment and the movie packages. Here is what I got offered immediately

With the premium package (I was on the 2nd best package before) $5 off per month for 6 months for something, $10 off per month for 24 months, $5 off per month for 24 months and the football package free. I told him that I liked that but that we watch a lot more soccer than football. (I actually still have the red zone channel free from last year and when I've had the whole package that's the channel I always end up watching) I asked about getting Fox Soccer Plus (14.99/month) He got that thrown in and gave me a $15/7 mos credit of $105 thrown on my next bill. After that was all taken care of I told him what I really need is a new HD DVR so I can put HD in my bedroom. He got me the HD DVR (had to renew a 24 month agreement) for free and waived the professional installation.

I didn't add it all up but I'm liking my deal. This guy seemed like I was his personal project to get everything for free. He apologized and seemed to feel really bad that there is a state tax charge for the new HD DVR and he couldn't do anything about that. Great deal for me, but also for DTV. If it wasn't for their abiity to negotiate to keep me I'd have left after my 2 year contract was up.

I called last night... when prompted to say what my call was about by the recording, I said "cancel service"... It was only a semi-bluff as I would follow through without a problem, but in reality I just wanted Sunday Ticket for free.

When the rep got on the phone, I told him that I've been a loyal customer and felt cheated that new customers were getting great deals. I had Primestar since 1996 and then they were bought out by Directv in 1999. I complained that I had to buy my last two HD DVR's for $199 and they are giving them away to new customers.

He informed me that because I was such a loyal customer, that had I called in (I bought the receivers online thru directv website), I could have gotten them for free. :wall:

He asked me if they gave me $15 per month off my bill for 24 months and Sunday Ticket for no charge if I would stay with them. I don't know if I could have gotten more and didn't really care as all I really wanted was the Ticket.... I agreed to stay with Directv and thanked him...

Just got off the phone with DTV. I am under contact for another year due to an equipment upgrade last August (whole home DVR, 2 new HD receivers), so I really couldn't threaten to cancel, but went to "cancel service" from the voice prompt. Got a very nice guy, I told him we need to lower our bill, wife was upset at seeing free ST commercials etc. After a few probing questions, he offered 2 deals. #1 $15 off/month for the next 24 months and #2 Free ST. I took door #2. :) The end.

First off, thanks to everyone for posting in this thread. I came to the forums to read up on some fantasy football discussions, and I stumbled on this thread.

Took me 2 tries within the span of 10 minutes to get ST and ST-to-go for free, along with $5 off for 6 months. I've been a subscriber since 2008. First rep offered ST for half price. I said my friend was getting it for free. Rep checked and came back with free ST, but $50 for ST to go. Hung up and called right back to get a new rep. Got both ST and ST to go for free, along with $5 off for 6 months.

Just got off. First call and they hooked it up right away. I'm Premier customer with Ticket since 2003. Made sure to mention the commercial running for Free ST for new subscribers.

I got:

Free ST

$10 off for 24 months (Free HD) - with sign up for Auto Bill Pay

$10 off for 24 months

$6.50 off for 12 months - Starz

$10 off for 6 months - Sports Pack

$5 off for 6 months - HBO

$5 off for 6 months - Cinemax

$5 off for 6 months - Showtime

$84 one time credit (I got this for asking for free DVR payment $7/mo)

In all about $1100 in savings.

Told them I heard others from this forum got it and they could give it to me without hemming and hawing or I would be cancelling on the spot which I was willing to do.

Directv gave me redzone free last year without Sunday ticket.
What did you say to get that? Seems strange for them to give it away knowing that is likely going to cost them sunday ticket purchases. Didn't even know it was possible. (When I asked last year they told me it wasn't).
same. i have done this the last two years. call and go to cancellation right away. say you are leaving because you want the rzc only but directv does not give you the option. they will try to upsell you on sunday ticket. say no. then they will give it to you.you dont ask for it. you threaten to leave over it. and you get it.

Just called. Been a customer since 2001, so they usually hook me up.Told them that Dish was giving me a big push and their having the Red Zone finally made it viable. She offered $20 off Sunday Ticker for 6 months (so $120 off) and I told her that DISH was offering me a lot more to leave, plus it was kind of offensive that DTV is giving new customers the Ticket for free and here I am, a customer of more than 10 years, having to jump through hoops.She put me on hold, and came back with:*** $20 off Sunday Ticker per month ($120)*** $50 one time credit*** $5 off HBO per month for a year*** Continued waiver of my HD fees ($10 per month x 12 = $120)*** Free Sunday Ticket to GO :pickle: ($60 value)*** $50 credit toward pay-per-viewsSo all in I got $460 of "discounts" which completely erases the list price of Sunday Ticket and To Go. :thumbup:
this was great, as i used this as a template, and I also got a hold of a good rep.I had called dish, found out there best offer, called in to dtv and stated:I am done. . . My receivers arent working, i have a good offer from dish, and its time to cancel after 9 years.Dtv: well, what is the offer from dish? What will it take to make you happy?Bingo. Done deal. I stated dish's offer: 250 plus programming, free equipment, free hd. Free installation, 66 bucks for 12 months then 73 after. The offer i received:New equipment, 3 dvrs. 2 with hdhd waived, 24 months. 240 savings6 months, 20 off. 120 savingsHalf off starz, cinemax 6 months 72 savings6 months, 5 off hbo and showtime. 60 savingssunday ticket, reduced to 5 payments at 33 apiece, 200 savingsfree ticket to go: 60 savingsnew bill: 77.98Total savings: 752.00, not counting new equipment.I was taken care of, adriana was the rep, from texas good luck fellas
doesnt your bill explode to $115 in 6 months? i know directv is getting sued because the free ST is only good for the 1st 12 months of the 24 month contract, but their ad never says that. it implies that its free for the length of the contract. i dont care how they calculate the price. i want to know what i will be getting and how much will it cost on my 1st bill, my 7th bill, my 13th bill, and my last bill.

I posted this in the FFA yesterday. HTHFYI - Just this morning I noticed DTV billed me an extra ten dollars. I had already danced this dance with them last month when my 12 month refer a friend promo ended. It "slipped" off again, the promo that is, in spite of last months lady telling me she would extend another 12 months. I called this morning, said cancel, and informed Patricia that I was done with this crap of calling every month. I told her Dish is offering 2 years at 39.99 for something very similar and I'm done. She offered 12 x 10 AND $200.00 off the sunday ticket (130 for the season w/ this promo - very reasonable price imo). I took it and watched her put it on my account. No arguing at all which is weird b/c, in the past, DTV fought me toothe and nail for every dollar on ST. Good luck friends.
update: Saw that some people were getting it free and called in. "Josh" took care of me and added an additional 120 credit effectively giving me sunday ticket free. :banned:

I called and got:

50% off Sunday ticket

$10 x 6 months off Sports Pack

Free HD DVR with installation

I see lots of people getting free Sunday Ticket and ST To Go. After having already accepted this deal, should I call and try to get the rest of Sunday Ticket knocked off and ST To Go added, or are you out of luck once you've accepted a deal?

I called and got:50% off Sunday ticket$10 x 6 months off Sports PackFree HD DVR with installationI see lots of people getting free Sunday Ticket and ST To Go. After having already accepted this deal, should I call and try to get the rest of Sunday Ticket knocked off and ST To Go added, or are you out of luck once you've accepted a deal?
I did. I just told them that my wife found out that my in laws got the ST for free and was livid that we had to pay. Also, reference that new customers get it free.

I called and got:50% off Sunday ticket$10 x 6 months off Sports PackFree HD DVR with installationI see lots of people getting free Sunday Ticket and ST To Go. After having already accepted this deal, should I call and try to get the rest of Sunday Ticket knocked off and ST To Go added, or are you out of luck once you've accepted a deal?
See my post #188 above.

Users who are viewing this thread