What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MBSL Signup Thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Standard 18 round league.

We'll start the draft on August 22 and use a 4 hour clock during the weekdays 8am to midnite going to 8 hours on the weekends/holidays. This will give us about 2.5 weeks to complete the draft.

Please post in this thread if you want in for this year. First come, first serve. I'll determine how to assign leagues later.

1. BassNBrew

2. Twilight

3. Reaper

4. Shadowfax

5. Radballs

6. Go DC Yourself

7. Stinkin Ref

8. krsone21

9. AhrnCitypahnder

10. Kruppe

11. Norseman

12. Sinrman

13. OldMilwaukee

14. Fiddles

15. Valance

16. by_the_sea_wannabe

17. Fullbackfro

18. Duckboy

19. BusMan

20. Nugget

21. Shadowmaster

22. jeter23

23. Blue-Kun

24. BroadwayG

25. Iwannabeacowboybaby!

26. Ministry of Pain

27. Aaron Rudnicki

28. Atomic Punk

29. Crippler

30. Gunslingerender

31. teamramrod

Last edited by a moderator:
Standard 18 round league.We'll start the draft on August 22 and use a 4 hour clock during the weekdays 8am to midnite going to 8 hours on the weekends/holidays. This will give us about 2.5 weeks to complete the draft.
Any reason not to start earlier (like now)? Looks like we have 32 ready to go. We can get 2 leagues going and fill up a 3rd as needed.

Standard 18 round league.We'll start the draft on August 22 and use a 4 hour clock during the weekdays 8am to midnite going to 8 hours on the weekends/holidays. This will give us about 2.5 weeks to complete the draft.
Any reason not to start earlier (like now)? Looks like we have 32 ready to go. We can get 2 leagues going and fill up a 3rd as needed.
Please see post 14.Let's get some pre-season games under our belts and some insight into the tc battles. It should make the leagues more competitive.

Please see post 14.Let's get some pre-season games under our belts and some insight into the tc battles. It should make the leagues more competitive.
You aren't worried about the Labor Day long weekend slowing everyone down?

We knocked out 24 rounds in just over 2 weeks on one of the PDSLs with the 4 hour clock. A round a day and we'll be done. I'll drop the clock to 1 or 2 hours the last couple of days to move along any leagues lagging. We shouldn't have a problem between applying some courtesy and using the pm function. Any laggers will have their clock cut in half so after one infraction we're only waiting 2 hours for their next pick.

'BassNBrew said:
'Kruppe said:
'BassNBrew said:

We'll start the draft on August 22 and use a 4 hour clock during the weekdays 8am to midnite going to 8 hours on the weekends/holidays. This will give us about 2.5 weeks to complete the draft.
Please see post 14.

Let's get some pre-season games under our belts and some insight into the tc battles. It should make the leagues more competitive.
We knocked out 24 rounds in just over 2 weeks on one of the PDSLs with the 4 hour clock. A round a day and we'll be done. I'll drop the clock to 1 or 2 hours the last couple of days to move along any leagues lagging. We shouldn't have a problem between applying some courtesy and using the pm function. Any laggers will have their clock cut in half so after one infraction we're only waiting 2 hours for their next pick.
Fully on board with a shorter clock...but this (bolded) needs to change. 4 hours is a ridiculously short clock as it is. No need to punish someone for...God forbid...going to bed 6 picks away and waking up 8-10 hours later to find they've timed out.Keep the drafts moving by skipping the pick, but don't cut people in half unless it happens multiple times. (Or, at LEAST twice)

'BassNBrew said:
'Kruppe said:
'BassNBrew said:

Please see post 14.

Let's get some pre-season games under our belts and some insight into the tc battles. It should make the leagues more competitive.
Fully on board with a shorter clock...but this (bolded) needs to change. 4 hours is a ridiculously short clock as it is. No need to punish someone for...God forbid...going to bed 6 picks away and waking up 8-10 hours later to find they've timed out.Keep the drafts moving by skipping the pick, but don't cut people in half unless it happens multiple times. (Or, at LEAST twice)
I kind of second this a little as I know I have gotten caught in this scenerio and it can be affected by what time zone you are in......the east coast bias on the time zone is over the top... ;)

'BassNBrew said:
'Kruppe said:
'BassNBrew said:

Please see post 14.

I got caught like this in the PDSL. Really not that big of a deal having the shorter clock later...just used the pm function more often when I knew I wasn't going to be around.Also speaking to your point, the clock is off for 8 hours so if someone 6 picks away at 7 pm, they'll be clean until at least 8 am and likely closer to 12 noon. Likewise, if you check before midnite and are not up, you'll be good until noon the next day. I suspect most people like myself will get caught out during the workday, but that's when we usually make hay in these drafts.

One of the problems with waiting until 8/22 is that not only will you run into Labor Day Weekend (which means two if not three days with very few pics)...BUT you will also set up a problem with all those drafting (NFFC and many home leagues)..............Start on the 15th and with luck you will be finished before Labor Day

I got caught like this in the PDSL. Really not that big of a deal having the shorter clock later...just used the pm function more often when I knew I wasn't going to be around.Also speaking to your point, the clock is off for 8 hours so if someone 6 picks away at 7 pm, they'll be clean until at least 8 am and likely closer to 12 noon. Likewise, if you check before midnite and are not up, you'll be good until noon the next day. I suspect most people like myself will get caught out during the workday, but that's when we usually make hay in these drafts.
Understand and agree. I'm not arguing with the clock, simply suggesting a slightly more leniant policy on the timeout, at least the first one.

BnB - it is now August 16, and whether you get these up and running or not it is now TOO LATE for me, so please take me off the MBSL list this year.

Thank you very much.....NOT

I'm out also. Would have really enjoyed this as I love the cumulative version better than any other. First year in many that I have NO message board survivor teams.

Are we close to setting up leagues and draft orders? I'll be in Vegas Tuesday and Wednesday and would like to have some PM's set up from my phone. Thanks.

Are we close to setting up leagues and draft orders? I'll be in Vegas Tuesday and Wednesday and would like to have some PM's set up from my phone. Thanks.
Late tonite or tommorrow. Draft can start immediately with the clock going on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread