What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kolb to AZ... (1 Viewer)

hustedj

Footballguy
Per Twitter....

ClaytonESPN John Clayton

No surprise here. Kolb goes to Ariz for DRC and a No. 2, according to sources.

Per Adam Caplan via Twitter

"caplannfl Adam Caplan

Deal is done. Kolb will sign a five-year extension for over $63 million with over $20 mill guaranteed."

Nice coin for a career backup...

Last edited by a moderator:
One would think this is going to be a boost for the Cards WR, but if I recall, Celek saw the biggest boost in #s when Kolb was at the helm.

I don't think DRC is as good as advertised and a 2nd isn't a huge deal either. The did draft Patrick Peterson and he'll easily fill the DRC spot.

Not that I'm all that sold on Kolb. But what else were they going to do?

John CLayton

Kolb's deal is done. He gets a five-year extension for $63 million. He gets a little more than $22 million guaranteed.

I don't think DRC is as good as advertised and a 2nd isn't a huge deal either. The did draft Patrick Peterson and he'll easily fill the DRC spot.Not that I'm all that sold on Kolb. But what else were they going to do?
DRC was great in 2009, but last year he was downright terrible. He got away with a lot in 2008/9 because there wasn't much film on him, but now that there is he has some tendencies that are easy to game. Unless he changes and improves in Philly (which is entirely probable) he will be a liability most of the time against any receiver who does his film study and occasionally he'll make an amazing play. Maybe the trade will be enough to make him "get it". As for Kolb? He's not Derek Anderson so :thumbup:

Andy Reid would have sold his soul for Kolb at the start of last year.

This year he sells him for DRC and a 2nd.

WOW....Arizona got ripped off.
Only if Kolb ends up being Scott Mitchell.
I guess I don't see Kolb as being worth that trade or the money they gave him....do you? Do you feel he is going to be a good starting NFL QB? Seems like an overreaction to the fact they didn't have a QB. Actually I think a lot of teams reached in the last draft for this same reason versus just staying patient and getting the guy you actually want.

The cromarties are overrated.

If you can get a good QB you do it. Im not saying he's gonna be great or anything, but you have to do what you have to do.

I think it was a steal for Zona getting a legit #1 QB in that division.

Here are the QB starters for the other teams

SF - A. Smith

SEA - T. Jackson

STL - Bradford

ARI - Kolb

Looks to me like St Louis and Arizona are going to be kings of this division until SF and Sea can come up with some decent QB play

The cromarties are overrated.If you can get a good QB you do it. Im not saying he's gonna be great or anything, but you have to do what you have to do.
This is where I kind of disagree. I know they want to keep Fitz happy as the only reason for this deal. Andrew Luck seems to be the best QB prospect to come along since Peyton Manning. I am all for any team that wants to go SUCK FOR LUCK and feel that team will be further ahead than the Cards in a few years. Too many QB's like this have been traded that have not worked out over the years to what worked out. Rob Johnson and AJ Feeley as 2 others off the top of my head but I know alot more

Not really. They got a starting QB for a second and toast.
Do you read Cardinals message boards?
No, why?
Was wondering how you knew DRC's nickname ;)
Kolb's nickname is Pick 6.
Well with the 4 he's thrown in his 4 years in the NFL I can see why.

Actually I think a lot of teams reached in the last draft for this same reason versus just staying patient and getting the guy you actually want.
Who would be the guy you actually want? Who is there worth being patient for? Only one team will get Andrew Luck next year.

I guess everyone knew this would be the deal eventually (Kolb), but I really wish they had gotten Orton and paid less..not so much because of what they had to give but Orton just seems like a hugely underrated guy. he can lead a team.

I'll go on record to say I love this deal for AZ. And congrats to the Cards, they can finally start to go forward with a plan.

This guy was good enough to hand over the eagle offense to last year but not good enough to throw to Fitz this year?

WOW.

And price is relative. DRC and a 2nd is not some great haul and the cards are guaranteeing 20 mil. He only gets 63 if it all works out. Haynesworth was a worse financial deal than that already. Look what O Mare just got if you wanna see money poorly spent.

Like I said in the other thread, Kolb is a starter in a 12 team league in 2012.

Only if Kolb ends up being Scott Mitchell.
I guess I don't see Kolb as being worth that trade or the money they gave him....do you? Do you feel he is going to be a good starting NFL QB? Seems like an overreaction to the fact they didn't have a QB. Actually I think a lot of teams reached in the last draft for this same reason versus just staying patient and getting the guy you actually want.
I dunno. Cassel didn't seem worth the money he was paid by KC, but that's turned out okay.

I'll go on record to say I love this deal for AZ. And congrats to the Cards, they can finally start to go forward with a plan.

This guy was good enough to hand over the eagle offense to last year but not good enough to throw to Fitz this year?

WOW.
How did that work out for the eagles? Why didn't Reid go back to him?

Lot of hate a CB who was a Pro Bowl Player and is only 25. I don't know how anyone can think this isn't a steal for the Eagles. Kolb will be good but he won't be Kurt Warner good.

WOW.
Do you watch any games other than the Seahawks? Serious question.

WOW.
There was this guy named Vick who played out of his mind for a few games. No Big deal. Probably should have gone back to Kolb. :shrug:

Lots of hate for a QB that several people were touting as the real deal at the beginning of last season.
Kolb is a good QB, if you give him time (but what QB isn't when you do that). To me, his ceiling is Matt Hasselbeck. He'll never be an elite talent, but he won't totally blow chunks.

Lot of hate a CB who was a Pro Bowl Player and is only 25. I don't know how anyone can think this isn't a steal for the Eagles. Kolb will be good but he won't be Kurt Warner good.
Not sure it's hate...DRC has the talent, vertical and speed, but he doesn't get it. He goes for the highlight reel play every pass, there is a reason he gets targeted so much. It's not all on him, I definitely blame the Cards coaches for a part of this and expect him to get better coaching in Philly. If he can mature before it's too late he'll be a top 5 corner in the NFL.

Lots of hate for a QB that several people were touting as the real deal at the beginning of last season.
Kolb is a good QB, if you give him time (but what QB isn't when you do that). To me, his ceiling is Matt Hasselbeck. He'll never be an elite talent, but he won't totally blow chunks.
Jamarcus Russel. With that said, Kolb will be fine in AZ. But his laser-lock might be too much and he could throw a ton of INT's too.

Not sure it's hate...DRC has the talent, vertical and speed, but he doesn't get it. He goes for the highlight reel play every pass, there is a reason he gets targeted so much. It's not all on him, I definitely blame the Cards coaches for a part of this and expect him to get better coaching in Philly. If he can mature before it's too late he'll be a top 5 corner in the NFL.
If not, he'll be the 2nd coming of DeAngelo Hall. But at least he can look forward to a couple teams overpaying for his services.

Interesting that only a little over a year after McNabb was traded to DC because Kolb was the future for the Eagles, both were traded today to new teams.

WOW.
Absolutely ridiculous to even remotely suggest they didn't go back to Kolb because of anything Kolb did wrong. Were you paying even a LITTLE bit of attention last year?

Per Adam Caplan via Twitter"caplannfl Adam CaplanDeal is done. Kolb will sign a five-year extension for over $63 million with over $20 mill guaranteed."Nice coin for a career backup...
The Cardinals blew this bad. They could have gotten Orton for a third and he would have cost a lot less money. I would imagine that the results would be about the same. Good luck to AZ, but this was the dumbest move so far in free agency.

One would think this is going to be a boost for the Cards WR, but if I recall, Celek saw the biggest boost in #s when Kolb was at the helm.
Now this is good thinking. Who are we talking about...Housler?
Not sure at the moment. I mentioned it earlier in another post and its purely speculative but with the Bears reportedly shopping Olsen, I wonder if ARI could be a landing spot. Olsen could split out and I'm sure the Cards would be looking at some more receiving options to fill in for Reason and give Kolb another reason to be happy on top of the 63 million reasons he already has.

Users who are viewing this thread