What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Julius Thomas Hype Train*** (1 Viewer)

Rollin with Doyle over him. I've been burnt too much starting players that are consistently questionable like he is. Gl to those rolling with TE steamers this week. 

Thomas practiced with his elbow in a brace on Friday and was listed as limited. That should be a good sign. He's officially questionable for the London affair. With the Colts and Jaguars kicking off at 9:30 AM ET, owners can wait for inactives before making backup plans for Thomas. Should Julius not be able to play, Marcedes Lewis would appear on the radar as a streaming option. Sep 30 - 10:24 AM
Source: Michael DiRocco on Twitter 

Sry elbow in a brace not a sling

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news on this guy? He was dropped in my league and I'm considering picking him up.

I have Eifert but don't really trust him yet. 

Would be dropping Brate for Julius. 

What do we do with this guy??? I'd hate to drop him and watch him blow up for someone else...Game 1 was great, all poor since.....what are you guys doing with him?

Last edited by a moderator:
What do we do with this guy??? I'd hate to drop him and watch him blow up for someone else...Game 1 was great, all poor since.....what are you guys doing with him?
I've tried moving him, both solo and in packages to TE hungry-ish teams... nothing. I snagged Zach Miller a few weeks ago and have been riding him, so I'm holding orange Julius until his bye... if Julius can't turn it around before then, he's WW fodder IMO.

He's doing what he usually does. He flashes TE1 potential, gets hurt and is always a risky play. The biggest concern is Bortles. This guy is just as erratic as they come and when you couple all of the usual injury concerns of Julius, he's no better than a TE2 bye week filler at this point until further notice.

Wow, ballsy. I can't see how Henry outproduces Thomas this year. 
Not a lot of times I've had to eat crow just 19 days after making a season long prediction, but coming back to take a big bite o' the raven now. Not only has Henry out produced Thomas (injury or no injury), he's looking like the right TE on SD going forward - can see him continue to out produce Gates this season as well.

To quote Joe quoting Ferris: Things change fast.

According to the Florida Times Union, Julius Thomas' poor blocking was one reason the Jaguars decided to move on.
One source called Thomas' blocking "non-existent" and said his presence was a "giveaway" to the defense that the Jaguars were passing or running to the other side of the field. Signed by the Jags to a five-year, $46 million contract, Thomas only played about 25-32 snaps a game while often battling injuries. After coaching him in Denver, Dolphins HC Adam Gase should have a better feel for Thomas' strengths and weaknesses than Gus Bradley's staff did.

Related: Jaguars

Source: Florida Times Union
Feb 26 - 8:25 AM

Thomas said this is "probably the best I've ever felt."
He was present for the start of offseason conditioning and claims to be 100 percent coming off an injury-plagued 2016 season. Thomas also said he feels "at home" playing under coach Adam Gase, who coordinated Denver's offense when Thomas was there from 2013-14. The 28-year-old reeled in four touchdowns with Jacksonville last season, his fewest since his rookie year in 2011.

Source: Florida Times-Union 
Apr 22 - 1:25 PM

When asked about what Julius Thomas can add to the offense, Dolphins OC Clyde Christensen said, "10, 12 touchdowns."
"That's what he added in Denver," Christensen continued. Thomas caught 24 touchdowns in 27 games playing for now Dolphins coach Adam Gase in Denver, and the tight end said he feels "at home" after being reunited with Gase this offseason. Thomas' touchdown total dipped to four in nine games last year with the Jaguars, the same total Dion Sims managed on limited targets in Miami. If he can stay on the field, Thomas should easily better that total this year.

Source: Armando Salguero on Twitter 
May 6 - 12:35 PM

The Miami Herald reports Ryan Tannehill’s timing with Julius Thomas "remains a work in progress."
It’s a non-concern this early in the offseason. Thomas is healthy after dealing with injuries the last two years and projects for a high volume red-zone role. Dolphins OC Clyde Christensen thinks Thomas can push for 10-plus touchdowns.

Source: Miami Herald 
May 26 - 5:40 PM

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero believes Julius Thomas is "going to be a thing" this year, and the Dolphins have "multiple plays" designed just for him.

The same could be said for most offenses; the good ones design plays for all their best players. But it's at least notable in Thomas' case. He played for coach Adam Gase in Denver and caught a whopping 24 touchdowns in 27 games for the Broncos. Now healthy and out of Jacksonville where Thomas admits he didn't fit schematically, Gase has shown the best knowledge of how to feature the tight end. OC Clyde Christensen has said Thomas could score 10-plus TDs.

Dolphins No. 2 QB Matt Moore expects new TE Julius Thomas to be a big part of the 2017 offense.

Nevermind the fact that the Dolphins' backup quarterback is giving a press conference on June 6 for some reason. Just roll with it. "It's no secret (Julius Thomas) is going to be a big part of what we do," was Moore's exact quote. There's been a palpable sense of excitement surrounding Moore in Dolphins OTAs as he reunites with coach Adam Gase. Thomas will be a double-digit touchdown threat if he can stay healthy.

Julius Thomas missed Monday's practice with a back injury.

Normally we wait until a player has missed three practices to post injuries, but this one is notable after Thomas fought through back issues last season with the Jaguars. Despite an offseason full of praise, Thomas has also failed to make a notable impact early in camp. Still, as long as this injury turns out to be minor, Thomas' touchdown upside makes him worth a look at his TE18 draft cost.

Source: Palm Beach Post

Aug 14 - 10:02 AM

Users who are viewing this thread