What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Setting up the DD for FFPC (1 Viewer)

LHUCKS

Footballguy
For roster spots, how did you configure it.

Right now the DD is very heavy on RB early.

For roster spots, how did you configure it.Right now the DD is very heavy on RB early.
Did you read my articles on the FPC?Starters are 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE and 2 flex (84 RB/WR/TE spots for 12 teams).So starters in DD are 1-2-2-1 with 2 flex (check RB, WR, TE)Up to you as to which VBD you use ("Secret" formula, worst starter, etc.)

'Jeff Pasquino said:
For roster spots, how did you configure it.Right now the DD is very heavy on RB early.
Did you read my articles on the FPC?Starters are 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE and 2 flex (84 RB/WR/TE spots for 12 teams).So starters in DD are 1-2-2-1 with 2 flex (check RB, WR, TE)Up to you as to which VBD you use ("Secret" formula, worst starter, etc.)
yes I read it, my question is regarding the roster spots column...should have been more clear. I left them all at zero hoping that takes into account the flexible roster format.is this correct?

'Jeff Pasquino said:
yes I read it, my question is regarding the roster spots column...should have been more clear. I left them all at zero hoping that takes into account the flexible roster format.is this correct?
yes/no.You do need to check them like Jeff said. However I usually adjust the weighting to more closely represent current ADP. The formula you pick (joe's, worst starter) greatly impacts things. By ADP, I mean where the QBs, TEs go compared to othr drafts. When I set-up the DD and it only has three WRs going in the first two rounds or 8 QBs in the first, I'll adjust the flex rankings to correct for that.

I've read the articles (more than once) and really appreciate the insight they provide to a FPC newbie. That said, I'm having problems with the DD for Mac. There isn't an option to choose which VBD (as far as I can see), so the only way to tweak values is by adjusting the starting/roster spots. Please correct me if I'm wrong. My question is: What settings for starting/roster spots have been found/used that make the Overall ratings in the Player Pool a little more realistic? By that I mean, moving WR up slightly so that the first WR isn't ranked after the 14th RB and has a more reasonable 1st round ranking. This might be a problem with the MAC DD, or just interpreting the rankings too literally. If anyone has found a useful way of setting up staring/roster spots that gives a (seemingly) more realistic ranking, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread