Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autopsy the Clown

14 Team League converting to IDP finally!

Hello all, we have been running a regular redraft league for 10+ years but have voted to convert it to a IDP league. Me & my brother have been put in charge of coming up with the scoring for the defense & our fear is that we will not balance the scoring between O & D. I listened to the IDP 101 podcast amongst a lot of reading on here and since you guys are the gurus & have experience I thought perhaps you can chime in and point out any flaws/make suggestions to help us out. Below is the scoring for Offense we use which is pretty vanilla. Also is what we were thinking for defense. We also have the green light to change the offensive scoring to make sure the D works out just as an FYI. Thanks for your help & suggestions!! ( If anyone wants to share their league scoring that would be appreciated as well ) Thanks again.

We start the following -

Offense = QB - RB - RB - WR - WR - TE - K - Flex ( RB/WR/TE )

Defense = DL - LB - LB - DB - Flex ( DL/LB/DB )

Scoring System

Scoring for Offensive Categories Setting

FG - Field Goals 3 points

Plus 1 point for a FG of 40 to 49 Yds

Plus 2 points for a FG of 50 to 100 Yds

FL - Fumble Lost, Including ST plays -1 point

MFG - Missed Field Goal -1 point

Pa2P - Passing Two-point Conversion 2 points

PaInt - Passing Interception -1 point

PaTD - Passing TD 4 points

Plus 2 points for a PaTD of 40 to 59 Yds

Plus 4 points for a PaTD of 60 to 110 Yds

PaYd - Passing Yards 0+ PaYds = 1 point for every 25 PaYds

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 300+ PaYd

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 400+ PaYd

Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points

ReTD - Receiving TD 6 points

Plus 2 points for a ReTD of 40 to 59 Yds

Plus 4 points for a ReTD of 60 to 110 Yds

ReYd - Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 100+ ReYd

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 200+ ReYd

Recpt - Reception 1 point

Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points

RuTD - Rushing TD 6 points

Plus 2 points for a RuTD of 40 to 59 Yds

Plus 4 points for a RuTD of 60 to 110 Yds

RuYd - Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 100+ RuYd

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 200+ RuYd

XP - Extra Points 1 point

Scoring for Defensive Categories Setting

Assisted Tackles - .5 points

Tackles - 1.0 points

Sacks - 4 points

Tackles for a Loss - 3 points

Forced Fumbles - 4 points

Fumble Recoveries - 2 points

Interceptions - 6 points

Passes Defensed - 1 point

Touchdowns - 6 points

Blocked Field Goals - 6 points

Safeties - 10 points

No I am not set on that. The other owners voted on that b/c it was a start in which I personally disagreed with. Totally open for suggestions as this is unchartered water. I just want to make sure that the O doesn't overshadow the D. Whats the norm on starters for an IDP team?

I'm not sure what the norm is, but I start 2 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 2 S, 2 CB. It is a lot to keep track with the separation of the d-line. I have seen OLB and MLB separated as well.

I think the ints, blocked kicks, and safeties are a little high for me, maybe drop them down a point or 2.

I would suggesting jumping all the way into the idp component. If not then LB are gold with only 5 players. I would draft to play 3 lb each and every week!!!! D-line is the most unstable, and I would probably avoid any dt, except maybe SUH.

I'm not sure what the norm is, but I start 2 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 2 S, 2 CB. It is a lot to keep track with the separation of the d-line. I have seen OLB and MLB separated as well.I think the ints, blocked kicks, and safeties are a little high for me, maybe drop them down a point or 2. I would suggesting jumping all the way into the idp component. If not then LB are gold with only 5 players. I would draft to play 3 lb each and every week!!!! D-line is the most unstable, and I would probably avoid any dt, except maybe SUH.

Thanks for the response, with starting 10 on Defense, how many do you start on Offense?

I'm not sure what the norm is, but I start 2 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 2 S, 2 CB. It is a lot to keep track with the separation of the d-line. I have seen OLB and MLB separated as well.I think the ints, blocked kicks, and safeties are a little high for me, maybe drop them down a point or 2. I would suggesting jumping all the way into the idp component. If not then LB are gold with only 5 players. I would draft to play 3 lb each and every week!!!! D-line is the most unstable, and I would probably avoid any dt, except maybe SUH.

Thanks for the response, with starting 10 on Defense, how many do you start on Offense?
We start 1qb, 2 rb, 4 wr, 1te, 1 k.I would prefer 3 wr with the flex option since I am stack at rb.It took me a full year to appreciate the whole idp system as opposed to playing 3-5 idps. Most owners like it as well, but it is a niche market. I know a lot of guys hate the idea of any idps, but that is what separates the boys from the men.Have fun

I agree with what the other guys are saying. More IDPs.

Our league goes with a pretty simple IDP Roster and an extremely detailed scoring system with tons of small threshold bonuses and scoring plateaus.

I don't know if I'd recommend you jump into an overly detailed scoring system right off the bat, though (unless you're really comfortable with it - it sounds like the other owners are wanting to ease into this). Usually scoring modifications are tweaked over time. Our league's been IDP for 10 years.

As for our roster - we keep it simple and it's worked great. 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB and 1 ST. All depending on what program you're using to score the ST may be a problem. Hopefully it can track stats for plays that happen only on Special Teams because it adds to the fun of IDP.