What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The FIX Redraft (1 Viewer)

Easy to see why this thread was started. There have been four QBs selected and MOP has two. That is the most interesting and problematic pick that I have seen in a while. I don't like taking Vick with an early piok due to his injury risk, but MOP has already circumvented that issue by adding Brady.

Waiting to hear more about this.

What if I had nabbed my second QB here? Never mind - not going to happen.

I guess I'll start and try to explain...

1.07 RB Chris Johnson...Even if he had a fat new contract I don't think his production last year warrants #1 overall especially with the hit and miss talent on the OL and surrounding talent. That said you cannot turn a blind eye at the 7 spot to a guy who can single handedly win you football games. I doubt highly I need to explain this pick but rather "HTF did you land him?"

2.06 QB Michael Vick...I wanted him in the 1st so it was fine by me to grab him in the 2nd. In BB he is one of the ultimate weapons and pairing him with Chris Johnson makes me feel like I now have 2 guys who can really distance you from folks many weeks.

3.07 QB Tom Brady...So folks are scratching their heads and probably muttering "he was doing fine, why this?" I feel like Brady has a huge advantage as do a few other QBs(years of the same system and a short off season) by returning his entire offense from an MVP campaign a year ago and now they add more weapons around him. He'll toss more than 4 Int but he has weapons at WR, 2-3 deep, TE-2 Deep, RB-bunch of stuff, very strong OL, no reason he doesn't have another outstanding season. I looked at another QB here but feel that team will try and get their ground game moving more.

Nothing at this point in the draft is "Must have" for me. The 3rd round has a strange vibe to it and mostly the WR/RB here all have questions for me. I feel there is plenty of depth in the rounds ahead and finding what I have so far makes me believe I will find some more gems in the coming rounds. I'm sure many of you feel a lot different about what I did but keep in mind that this combo at QB has the potential for 750-800 points and while I can't start both of them I feel strongly I will have a good 10-20+ point advantage most weeks at the QB spot. The flex spots will allow me to pile in points from other positions, and I did that last year on the dynasty side. Maybe I love my dynasty team a little too much, I do recognize that but also I will become a good target for trades so I also feel on the back end I can make up for missing out on a WR like I am supposed to take if you follow the book.

Thanks everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we can only watch the soap opera of MOP2QB

OTOH I had a very interesting decision at 3.03 and in part it was based on trying to gain an advantage at the TE position like Sean did with the QB slot. If Finley can stay healthy I (once again) think that he can put up a monster season from that slot. The decision was also fueled by my draft slot and things that did or didn't happen behind me. Strongly considered Best there - knowing Scott would be salivating all over him if I let him slide into the Lecacy stable of running backs ;)

But I like the start of Foster, Wallace, and Finley :thumbup:

I see a couple of teams that are dominant at one position, but when drafting with a lot of folks that really know their stuff, I much prefer to not load up one one position early, even when apparent gifts fall in your lap.

This keeps you competitive across all positions and allows you to keep your options wide open as the draft progresses.

Enjoying my start of Rodgers QB, Andre Johnson WR, and Hillis RB.

I see a couple of teams that are dominant at one position, but when drafting with a lot of folks that really know their stuff, I much prefer to not load up one one position early, even when apparent gifts fall in your lap.This keeps you competitive across all positions and allows you to keep your options wide open as the draft progresses.Enjoying my start of Rodgers QB, Andre Johnson WR, and Hillis RB.
Congrads on making staff

'Ministry of Pain said:
'Stephen Holloway said:
I see a couple of teams that are dominant at one position, but when drafting with a lot of folks that really know their stuff, I much prefer to not load up one one position early, even when apparent gifts fall in your lap.This keeps you competitive across all positions and allows you to keep your options wide open as the draft progresses.Enjoying my start of Rodgers QB, Andre Johnson WR, and Hillis RB.
Congrads on making staff
Thanks! I am excited.

My team thus far..........

2.5 QB 1 Aaron Rodgers QB 8

3.8 RB 14 Peyton Hillis RB 5

1.8 WR 1 Andre Johnson WR 11

4.5 WR 12 Dwayne Bowe WR 6

Like Bowe much better in best-ball than any other format

Okay, the FIX Go Big or Go Home team looks GOOD after five rounds

RB - Arian Foster & Felix Jones

WR - Mike Wallace & Santonio Holmes

TE - Jermichael Finley

:thumbup: :boxing: :thumbup: :banned:

Is this like reunion? throw me on the waiting list for next year please :popcorn:
not zactly val - there are two leagues - the FIX Dynasty and the FIX redraft - same twelve owners in both leagues with different competitions. BUT we will definitely move you to the top of the waiting list :thumbup:

Some of my favorite picks the last round or two include the nice double up at WR on the turn, like what Rzrback is doing, and I like the KWII pick Woody.

Jeff really went for the throat on the Dallas passing game. Obviously I want to look at all the teams but so far that stood out.

I am not usually a gambler on these, but with the best-ball format, I was willing to take the risk with Maclin in the seventh round.

When would others have taken that plunge?

QB: Matthew Stafford

RB: Mark Ingram, Shonn Greene, Fred Jackson

WR: Hakeem Nicks, Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Thomas

TE: Owen Daniels

:banned:

QB: Matthew StaffordRB: Mark Ingram, Shonn Greene, Fred JacksonWR: Hakeem Nicks, Larry Fitzgerald, Mike ThomasTE: Owen Daniels:banned:
Feeling good? I might have to do team by team breakdowns. I will say there are several dynamic teams being built. The flexibility of the scoring and starting roster format allows many different battle plans. The Nicks Fitz combo is more than impressive

'Ministry of Pain said:
'Jeff Pasquino said:
QB: Matthew StaffordRB: Mark Ingram, Shonn Greene, Fred JacksonWR: Hakeem Nicks, Larry Fitzgerald, Mike ThomasTE: Owen Daniels:banned:
Feeling good? I might have to do team by team breakdowns. I will say there are several dynamic teams being built. The flexibility of the scoring and starting roster format allows many different battle plans. The Nicks Fitz combo is more than impressive
Yep, feeling good so far. Was veryveryvery close on taking Schaub, but felt the drop at WR was going to be too much vs. the drop to Stafford. Much prefer MThomas/Stafford to Schaub/SSmith or MFloyd.

Yep, feeling good so far. Was veryveryvery close on taking Schaub, but felt the drop at WR was going to be too much vs. the drop to Stafford. Much prefer MThomas/Stafford to Schaub/SSmith or MFloyd.
I'd concur, becuse if you had taken Schaub, I would have gone Stafford/Thomas at the turn instead. Really, I'd rather punt QB even farther but not liking what it would look like when it gets back at the next turn. JP and Wood have been taking pretty much my top 2 options when I've been about 6-7 picks out. Some pretty good teams at the top and bottom in this draft.

I'd concur, becuse if you had taken Schaub, I would have gone Stafford/Thomas at the turn instead. Really, I'd rather punt QB even farther but not liking what it would look like when it gets back at the next turn. JP and Wood have been taking pretty much my top 2 options when I've been about 6-7 picks out. Some pretty good teams at the top and bottom in this draft.
Duckboy, I like your draft although I am not wild about all the players. Let me explain...1st/2n-DMC/Mendy...you were not going to seal up 2 top5 wRs so you took two from the 2nd tier of RBs and gave yourself the go ahead to hammer away at WR the next few rounds. 3rd/4th-B.Marshall/A.Bradshaw....again you got really nice quality on the turn5th/6th-Boldin/Collie...again I like what you did there7th/8th-Schaub/Steve Smith...You have 4 good WRs, 3 nice RBs and a QB...not all the way there but you have a great foundation to build around the rest of the way. I like it.

Well maybe I should have followed Twilight once he took Big Ben, but I fell in love with a play I thought of - being best ball, adding the then undrafted Aaron Hernandez. The main reason was that his big games will likely "Flex In" to the lineup, and I must admit I didn't want the Gronk owner to pair them up which I think is a tremendous play at bestball this year.

So of COURSE you turds grab my QB targets although I really think that Flacco has been underrated (even then he was on a par with others already taken) and adding Evans who can actually give him a deep target should open things up for all the receivers.................that's my story and I am sticking to it.

QB - Flacco

RB - Foster, Felix, & Lynch

WR - Mike Wallace, Holmes, & Evans

TE - Finley & Hernandez

:bag: edited to correct my Mike

'Captain Hook said:
Well maybe I should have followed Twilight once he took Big Ben, but I fell in love with a play I thought of - being best ball, adding the then undrafted Aaron Hernandez. The main reason was that his big games will likely "Flex In" to the lineup, and I must admit I didn't want the Gronk owner to pair them up which I think is a tremendous play at bestball this year.

So of COURSE you turds grab my QB targets although I really think that Flacco has been underrated (even then he was on a par with others already taken) and adding Evans who can actually give him a deep target should open things up for all the receivers.................that's my story and I am sticking to it.

QB - Flacco

WR - good Mike Williams, Holmes, & Evans

TE - Finley & Hernandez
Like your RBs, the rest will be in the write ups.

'Ministry of Pain said:
'bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
QB - Rivers

RB - J.Charles, Addai, Beanie Wells, CJ Spiller

WR - V.Jackson, DeSean Jackson,B.Lloyd

TE - Pettigrew
Green-studs

Red-duds

Black/Blue-strong to solid
You really think Lloyd i a dud? Orton to Lloyd should produce just fine, Fox is a weird coach. Im guessing we dont see Friar Tuck Tebow until the Donks are totally out of it I loved spiller coming into the NFL and Im snagging him every chance I get this year. Kinda like the year I snagged Mendenhall everywhere after his rookie wash out.

'Ministry of Pain said:
'bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
QB - Rivers

RB - J.Charles, Addai, Beanie Wells, CJ Spiller

WR - V.Jackson, DeSean Jackson,B.Lloyd

TE - Pettigrew
Green-studs

Red-duds

Black/Blue-strong to solid
You really think Lloyd i a dud? Orton to Lloyd should produce just fine, Fox is a weird coach. Im guessing we dont see Friar Tuck Tebow until the Donks are totally out of it I loved spiller coming into the NFL and Im snagging him every chance I get this year. Kinda like the year I snagged Mendenhall everywhere after his rookie wash out.
Yes except Mendenhall got hurt, Spiller just plain stunk. And for the kind of offense, OL, running philosophy the Bills have in place, I'm baffled why they ever drafted Spiller because they are a terrible fit for him. Their OL is poor so they need RBs that can maintain blocks on pass protection. Jackson wins that battle hands down every time.

You went RB-RB-RB in the 7th, 8th, and 9th round...why not lock up Ryan Williams if you went Wells in the 8th? Wells/Williams and I think you fill a flex spot most weeks, Wells and Spiller, you might go a month without either hitting your starting roster.

My lousy .02

I can't wait for the all out rip fest on my 2nd/3rd round stunt at QB once this is over.

Really like the Jacoby Ford pick in best ball leagues. He has similar to D Jax long play ability that will post some scores, but on a wildly random basis. However, here the randomness is not a bad thing.

Really like the Jacoby Ford pick in best ball leagues. He has similar to D Jax long play ability that will post some scores, but on a wildly random basis. However, here the randomness is not a bad thing.
:goodposting: agree and wanted Ford but took Lee Evans ahead of him for the same reasons plus having the connection with Flacco>Evans

I like him Rzrback, loved him last year, super talented. Ford will have 4-5 big games IMO, and then he will also have streaks of 2-3 weeks where he does nothing. Oakland has a lot of problems with their OL right now and I don't think the offense is going to have time to set up a lot.

Ok fellas, some good teams I'm seeing here. I think this one runs with the best of em...

Eli, Kolb

McCoy, Forte, Best

Mike Williams, Britt, Garcon

Graham

btw,... better secure that backup QB fellas. Even stud qbs have bad weeks!

'Captain Hook said:

QB - Flacco

WR - good Mike Williams, Holmes, & Evans

TE - Finley & Hernandez
Can't even get your own guys right! I HAVE THE GOOD MIKE WILLIAMS!! If you want to give me Mike Wallace, well that's okay by me!

'Captain Hook said:

QB - Flacco

WR - Mike Wallace, Holmes, & Evans (traded goodMW back to TL)

TE - Finley & Hernandez
Can't even get your own guys right! I HAVE THE GOOD MIKE WILLIAMS!! If you want to give me Mike Wallace, well that's okay by me!
CLASSIC....you are right - maybe I should reach for the glasses for the eyes not the one for the mouth :banned: Actually medical ripoffrant - getting newer prescriptions for glasses is frustrating - makes it easier to see for sure but also wearing eyeglasses more makes the vision Worse

Ok fellas, some good teams I'm seeing here. I think this one runs with the best of em...

Eli, Kolb

McCoy, Forte, Best

Mike Williams, Britt, Garcon

Graham

btw,... better secure that backup QB fellas. Even stud qbs have bad weeks!
Says the guy who just drafted his second hoping to start the run... :rolleyes:

Ok fellas, some good teams I'm seeing here. I think this one runs with the best of em... Eli, KolbMcCoy, Forte, BestMike Williams, Britt, GarconGrahambtw,... better secure that backup QB fellas. Even stud qbs have bad weeks!
Hey TL,You actually are one of the few that stepped out and did something different by going RB-RB-RB thru the first 3 rounds, most put an anchor out at 3 positions and you decided to load up. I like the idea, not sure I agree with your RBs and I am not high on Forte and Best like you and many others are. I like Britt, but the 4 game suspension is looming, if he misses time you are asking Garcon to fill in a lot and he shares balls with Wayne, Clark, and Collie. I'm sure you plan on doing more there. Still early in the draft. Most folks can draft the 1st 6-8 rounds in their sleep. Eli and Kolb made a nice 8/9 pairing, not sure what some are thinking at QB. Eli should have gone well before guys like Stafford. Eli has down it for a long time, is good for 4,000 and 25-30 TD, plays in a super competitive division, and Stafford hasn't even made it thru an entire season yet...even half a season last year? You mopped up at QB and definitely won the chicken game of who can wait the longest at QB and live to tell about it.

QB: Matthew Stafford, Mark SanchezRB: Mark Ingram, Shonn Greene, Fred JacksonWR: Hakeem Nicks, Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Thomas, Danny AmendolaTE: Owen Daniels:pirate:
Looks really strong at WR&TE.....obviously some questions at RB but the format manicures that. Stafford should be very good as long as he and Calvin can stay healthy....not excited by Sanchez - how many weeks will he score? YOU hope it's just a few

Does everyone get a PM from Perry when it is their turn and they haven't picked in 30 seconds? Someone flip on Matlock or call a bingo game for him to distract him or something.... sheesh.

I'll go all Atkins on ya and say "Get those backup WRs before they're all gone"....

10.03 Danny Amendola, STL WR
I like this pick alto more than some of the others recently. Very nice value jeff

Does everyone get a PM from Perry when it is their turn and they haven't picked in 30 seconds? Someone flip on Matlock or call a bingo game for him to distract him or something.... sheesh.

I'll go all Atkins on ya and say "Get those backup WRs before they're all gone"....

10.03 Danny Amendola, STL WR
I like this pick alto more than some of the others recently. Very nice value jeff
:cry: sadly I agree - wanted to take Danny Boy last time but took the big play ability of Evans hoping that the low ranking here would allow Amendola to slide back....ah well

I was GIDDY to see Jeff take Amendola there. I have no interest in him, particularly in a league where TEs get 2 PPR and we can start up to three of them in a week. Amendola...if he's lucky...will average 9.5 to 10 yards a catch, a great many TEs will average more than that and get 2x their money per grab.

I was GIDDY to see Jeff take Amendola there. I have no interest in him, particularly in a league where TEs get 2 PPR and we can start up to three of them in a week. Amendola...if he's lucky...will average 9.5 to 10 yards a catch, a great many TEs will average more than that and get 2x their money per grab.
After waiting I really wanted to get two TEs and very happy getting Gresham and Keller

I was on the Celek train in the 8th but needed more at WR. I thought maybe he will slip to the 9th. When I took Stewart in the 9th(I had to), I figured I would never get Celek. I am very optimistic he has a better 2011 than 2010 and with all the questions at WR right now, I think Vick can find Celek. He had no trouble hitting Fatty down in Atlanta all those years. I thought one of the Philly boys in this league would snatch him as their TE2/TE3 on this last run so I was thrilled to find him in the 10th. And I could kiss Duckboy for going TE/TE on the turn and leaving Celek on the table. FYI...Duckboy is having one of the best drafts IMO.

I need more help at TE and will find some other spare parts along the way but I like Celek to grab at least 15-20 more balls this year and that's only 1 more catch a game, certainly not wishing for the stars. He is 1 year removed from 70+/950+/8TD...will he ever hit that again, probably not but he can rack up 60/750/6TD and if he does anything close to that he is likely in the top10 again. The point is he has a track record that other TEs going ahead of him do not have.

Also the TE selection for me takes some of the pressure off any immediate trade talk. I definitely see some folks though that would make good dance partners.

HAPPY to update this team

QB - Flacco & Orton

RB - Foster, F. Jones, & Lynch

WR - M. Wallace, Holmes, & Evans

TE - Finley, A. Hernandez, & Watson

:banned: and that WAS a great turn - drinks for all my mates :thumbup:

QB-Michael Vick, Tom Brady

RB-Chris Johnson, Ryan Grant, Jonathan Stewart, Javon Ringer

WR-Wes Welker, Mario Manningham, Chad Johnson, Lance Moore, Hines Ward

TE-Brent Celek, Todd Heap

Considering the stunt I pulled in the 2nd/3rd this turned out pretty nice. TE is still a little shaky. Grant needs to stay healthy. Johnson is going to report eventually, right?

In the interest of unity, I need to provide a public announcement. Business trip beginning tomorrow morning. Will be driving most of the day Friday, except eating lunch with my daughter and the grans in Memphis.

I will try to track things via phone and have prepared for my next pick, but after that I may need to hold us up from time to time probably for the remainder of the draft.

Several folks here have my cell and I will share also with Jason Wood, who is drafting next to me.

Was hoping to be farther along, but will do my best to keep things moving.

Users who are viewing this thread