What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Thoughts (1 Viewer)

ffrookie

Footballguy
I just finished my draft and would love some thoughts. I experimented by waiting a long time on both TE and QB this time.

QB- Stafford, Hill

RB- McCoy, SJax, Felix Jones, Hightower, McGahee, Brandon Jackson

WR- Bowe, Steve Johnson, Manningham, Roy Williams, Benn, Emmanuel Sanders, Gibson, Cruz

TE- Gronkowski, Olsen

PK- Henery

D- Detroit Lions

Some thoughts on the drafts overall:

- The big two QB's- Rodgers and Vick go quick but you can get good value if you want someone else by waiting

- TE runs seem to start anywhere from the mid 2nd to early 3rd and several are gone by the 5th

- Biggest riser seems to be Ingram as of late while VJax seems to be creeping up as well. No major movements in others from what Ive seen so far.

I just finished my draft and would love some thoughts. I experimented by waiting a long time on both TE and QB this time.

QB- Stafford, Hill

WR- Bowe, Steve Johnson, Manningham, Roy Williams, Benn, Emmanuel Sanders, Gibson, Cruz

TE- Gronkowski, Olsen

PK- Henery

D- Detroit Lions
Looks good at two of the three positions that matter most (RB/WR). :thumbup: A bit weak at TE but Gronkowski has a top 10 ceiling.

As for QB, I'd possibly look for Garrard on the waiver wire when it opens. He's usually not drafted and would be a better backup if Stafford gets injured IMO. I think he quietly finished in the top 15 last year too thanks to his rushing yards ...

QB- Stafford, Hill

TE- Gronkowski, Olsen

PK- Henery

D- Detroit Lions
here are my first thoughts....QB - Hill? really? WHY? fine to wait on Stafford but you should have another starting QB whether it is to choose on matchups or just have a solid backup for a young quarterback (especially one with Stafford's injury concerns)....IF you were gutsy enough to go "naked" with Stafford (and you just did) then drafting Hill is a waste of a roster spot you could have used at one of the other positions

RB - Excellent job here - good enough to flex one if not two.....even if Brandon Jackson is RB2 in Cleveland due to Hardesty's injury you should never think about playing him so that spot is wasted

WR - having a LOT of depth does NOT make up for lack of quality guys - now I realize that that way your draft unfolded you are heavy at RB and some of the later receivers who are not even playable now mightdevelop and that is good but your WR1 and WR2 are WEAK (okay but you have to realize that)

TE - not a fan of waiting so long that you are not solid here and that is from a guy who loves Gronk - the problem is that there will be some games where Brady is just not distributing his direction - if you had Gronk and a lower TE1 - say Winslow or Lewis it would be much better. Olsen may well turn out to be Newton's security blanket....maybe

Still you may contend in your league IF Stafford stays healthy - he certainly has plenty of weapons - and IF Manningham earns WR2 numbers which I think is very possible - of course there will be some Sundays where you will have to guess correctly which two of Bowe, Johnson, and Manningham to play.

Regarding Hill, I figured Id pick up another QB later in the year but wanted a security blanket in case Stafford gets hurt in the preseason. Hill was very good in replacing him last year. At WR, Gibson, Benn and Roy Williams are all starters so Im not worried at all. I probably should have gone Collie instead of Steve Johnson but otherwise Im very happy at that position. Obviously at RB, Im very strong as I have 4 RB's not in a RBBC (I believe Hightower is the bell cow unless he has fumbling issues). I agree at TE, I was targeting Lewis and just missed on him.

'Captain Hook said:
'ffrookie said:

QB- Stafford, Hill

TE- Gronkowski, Olsen

PK- Henery

D- Detroit Lions
here are my first thoughts....QB - Hill? really? WHY? fine to wait on Stafford but you should have another starting QB whether it is to choose on matchups or just have a solid backup for a young quarterback (especially one with Stafford's injury concerns)....IF you were gutsy enough to go "naked" with Stafford (and you just did) then drafting Hill is a waste of a roster spot you could have used at one of the other positions

RB - Excellent job here - good enough to flex one if not two.....even if Brandon Jackson is RB2 in Cleveland due to Hardesty's injury you should never think about playing him so that spot is wasted

WR - having a LOT of depth does NOT make up for lack of quality guys - now I realize that that way your draft unfolded you are heavy at RB and some of the later receivers who are not even playable now mightdevelop and that is good but your WR1 and WR2 are WEAK (okay but you have to realize that)

TE - not a fan of waiting so long that you are not solid here and that is from a guy who loves Gronk - the problem is that there will be some games where Brady is just not distributing his direction - if you had Gronk and a lower TE1 - say Winslow or Lewis it would be much better. Olsen may well turn out to be Newton's security blanket....maybe

Still you may contend in your league IF Stafford stays healthy - he certainly has plenty of weapons - and IF Manningham earns WR2 numbers which I think is very possible - of course there will be some Sundays where you will have to guess correctly which two of Bowe, Johnson, and Manningham to play.

On the positive side, at least you're got 10 plausible starters, which is more than you can say for many teams. (Which is one of the benefits of waiting on a QB.) Drafting Hill is a mistake, or, if you wanted him that bad, you should have picked up a #2 QB somewhere between Stafford and Hill. At least Detroit has a late bye - so you can spend your time watching the waiver wire for a starter in Week 9. Who were the next 3 or 4 WRs still available when you selected Bowe? You probably could have done better than him. Did you draft 6th? What was the sequence of the first round? Overall, pretty good team - if you truly are a FF rookie you did a lot better than guys far more expereinced. As you're looking at the 11 other teams I'm sure you agree.

Yes, I was at the 6 spot. A few teams picked up 3 QB's leaving me with not much but I figure they will have to drop some players once the byes start. Other WRs when I picked up Bowe- Desean Jackson, Brandon Marshall, Welker, Mike Williams as there was a big run b/t my second pick (SJax) and third pick (Bowe). I dont particularly like any other of the others better than Bowe especially when considering KC's schedule although a case could be made for Mike Williams. 1st round was the usual 6- Foster, Charles, AP, CJ2K, Rice, McCoy then Andre Johnson, McFadden, Forte, Roddy, Gore, Turner.

On the positive side, at least you're got 10 plausible starters, which is more than you can say for many teams. (Which is one of the benefits of waiting on a QB.) Drafting Hill is a mistake, or, if you wanted him that bad, you should have picked up a #2 QB somewhere between Stafford and Hill. At least Detroit has a late bye - so you can spend your time watching the waiver wire for a starter in Week 9. Who were the next 3 or 4 WRs still available when you selected Bowe? You probably could have done better than him. Did you draft 6th? What was the sequence of the first round? Overall, pretty good team - if you truly are a FF rookie you did a lot better than guys far more expereinced. As you're looking at the 11 other teams I'm sure you agree.

Users who are viewing this thread