What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB in the first round of a PPR? (1 Viewer)

There is certainly nothing wrong with it. I have 6 RBs I believe are elite and far and above the rest of the field, and then I'd take my first QB or WR (I lean towards WR as I believe they're the key to a championship in PPR league...especially if you can/do start 3 WR) but yes. If you've only got 4 backs you really think are elite, yes, take your top QB if that's your feeling. The numbers certainly back it up -- and you aren't getting your top QB on the way back down in the 2nd.

I think if you are at the end of Round 1 you have to consider it. I took Brees in a 10-team, PPR, 6-pt TD startup dynasty league last year at 1.10.

You could grab a QB the likes of A. Rodgers or Vick BUT IMO grabbing QB in round 1, will make you play catch up for the rest of the draft.

Not at 1.05. At that point you still can get one of the top RBs (ADP, Foster, Chris Johnson, Charles and either Rice or McCoy). If you go QB there, your next pick is at 2.08 and at best for RB your choices are Hillis, Forte, Turner or Jackson. If you go RB in the 1st round, if you want to go QB in the 2nd, you probably would still have a good shot at Brees, Brady, or P. Manning.

At 5 no. In the IDP survivor I went Vick at 7. But it's only an 8 week season which I think gives Vick a big bump. It's also 6 per TD and 1 for every 20 passing. The draft went like this:

1 Foster

2 Peterson

3 Rice

4 Charles

5 McCoy

6 A. Johnson

The only other player I considered was CJ, but going QB there was pretty much a no brainer for me.

Thanks so far guys. So i looked at my scoring from last year, Roddy and Andre outscored all RB's but the top 5 QB's outscored everyone. Is Andre the pick at 5?

Thanks so far guys. So i looked at my scoring from last year, Roddy and Andre outscored all RB's but the top 5 QB's outscored everyone. Is Andre the pick at 5?
I'd still go RB. I've seen the top RBs go in every order possible in PPR leagues, out of the top 5 PPR RBs you should have a stud that could be All Day, Charles, Foster, Ray Rice, CJ3, or even McCoy.The only QB I could see going in the first is Vick if your a believer that he has a record season, but you can get the likes of Romo or Rivers for a much later pick at a loss of only a few PPG and use early picks on skill players that score much more PPG compared to others at their positions.

I'd still go RB. I've seen the top RBs go in every order possible in PPR leagues, out of the top 5 PPR RBs you should have a stud that could be All Day, Charles, Foster, Ray Rice, CJ3, or even McCoy.The only QB I could see going in the first is Vick if your a believer that he has a record season, but you can get the likes of Romo or Rivers for a much later pick at a loss of only a few PPG and use early picks on skill players that score much more PPG compared to others at their positions.
I find it funny that a QB is not considered a skill player on a FF board....

I wouldn't take Vick/Rodgers or Andre over:

AP

Foster

Rice

I might take them over:

CJ

Charles

I would take them over every other RB in 6 pt pass TD PPR scoring.

I find it funny that a QB is not considered a skill player on a FF board....
:rolleyes: You knew what I ment.If I can get a QB in the 4th/5th while only loosing 5PPG compared to the QBs selected in the first/top of the 2nd while gaining 10-20 PPG by selecting WRs/TEs/RBs in the early rounds then it's a great play.

never ever ever ever

You only start 1 QB. The drop off in PPG between the top 12 QBs (other than Vick last year which he will not duplicate) is much less than the drop off in RB and WR. It makes no sense to draft a QB that early. 6 points per TD has no bearing on the decision...the rest of the QBs get 6 points also not just the one you draft at 1.05.

'TheWick said:
never ever ever everYou only start 1 QB. The drop off in PPG between the top 12 QBs (other than Vick last year which he will not duplicate) is much less than the drop off in RB and WR. It makes no sense to draft a QB that early. 6 points per TD has no bearing on the decision...the rest of the QBs get 6 points also not just the one you draft at 1.05.
Last season I believe that FBGs had Rodgers and Brees ranked in the top 12 players in dynasty. And that was for only 4 pts/passing TD. Rodgers is the only one who makes the cut this season.Again, I think if you are picking toward the end of Round 1, when the top RBs and WRs are gone, you have to consider at least Rodgers.

'TheWick said:
never ever ever everYou only start 1 QB. The drop off in PPG between the top 12 QBs (other than Vick last year which he will not duplicate) is much less than the drop off in RB and WR. It makes no sense to draft a QB that early. 6 points per TD has no bearing on the decision...the rest of the QBs get 6 points also not just the one you draft at 1.05.
Last season I believe that FBGs had Rodgers and Brees ranked in the top 12 players in dynasty. And that was for only 4 pts/passing TD. Rodgers is the only one who makes the cut this season.Again, I think if you are picking toward the end of Round 1, when the top RBs and WRs are gone, you have to consider at least Rodgers.
I agree here. At the end of the day you dont want to risk playing catchup at EVERY position. The QB advantage allows for the few ppg differential lost to grabbing Hillis,Forte, Fitz, Jennings..etc. In my PPR 6pt/TD Im open to idea of going WR/WR/QB in no particular order before grabbing my RB's.

'TheWick said:
I htink we got a little off track talking about the end of the round. the question was about 1.5 and whether or not to consider a QB. My answer would be no as Rice/Mccoy are the last 2 RB's I couldnt pass up on before considering WR/QB. Just 1-2 picks too soon IMO.

I'm in a league with the same scoring and pick 1.4 and am considering Vick or Rodgers if both are there. Rice and McCoy are keepers so I'd likely be at the Charles choice at that point. Not that big on Charles but can also see how next week's games go (draft is on 8/28).

You could grab a QB the likes of A. Rodgers or Vick BUT IMO grabbing QB in round 1, will make you play catch up for the rest of the draft.
I agree. It kind of depends what the first 4 picks are before you. If you they are taking QB's and WR's in those spots, I would suggest not passing up on a chance to pick up Foster, AP and CJ. They are just head and shoulders above the rest of the pack. You'll have good QB's still available in the 2nd round. Getting a QB that can run and catch at the level of those guys I mentioned is essential. Don't play catch up. Let everyone else make that mistake.

That sums it all up. Im sold. Great points there, thanks

Im in the same situation guys need advice but im in a 2qb start league 6pt td ppr but also start 4 wr & 2 rb! Crazy league guys i have 5th pick please help! p.s i know vick and rodgers are going 1 & 2

Users who are viewing this thread