What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Atlanta and Jax (1 Viewer)

How's J. Rodgers look?
Rodgers has looked about 20x faster and more effective than Turner's handoff, run 2-3 yards and fall over. Turner looked big and slow. Granted Turner was starting and facing the first team D. But Rodgers is running with the second team facing Jax's 2nd team D. He's running with some authority and making something out of nothing. So far Rodgers looks better able to improvise, could be more effective than people think.

How's J. Rodgers look?
Rodgers has looked about 20x faster and more effective than Turner's handoff, run 2-3 yards and fall over. Turner looked big and slow. Granted Turner was starting and facing the first team D. But Rodgers is running with the second team facing Jax's 2nd team D. He's running with some authority and making something out of nothing. So far Rodgers looks better able to improvise, could be more effective than people think.
Jax strikes me as a team with less depth on D than almost anybody. Their entire LB corps is all FA's I believe. Turner had almost nothing to run thru, and the line didnt give much time for Ryan either.

apparently no one watched the Jags o?
At a quick glance..QBs: Garrard looked like Garrard. He'd make a very polished play or two and then look lost. Gabbert was really hurt by the lack of off season work and looked like a rookie at times. It's clear he is the guy long term but he needs more reps to push for the starting gig. McCown looked very good against the 3rds and 4ths and might have earned himself some more reps earlier next week. RBs: MJD and Jennings both sat out. Karim looked decent at RB and seems to have a lock on RB3. Harris, much like McCown looked good late and might be worth keeping an eye on. TEs: Lewis didn't see much action. WRs: Shorts was very impressive for a rookie. Thomas looked good, Hill looked okay. I'm beginning to think that Lewis, Thomas, Hill and Shorts might all end up with 60-100 targets and none of them will have much fantasy value week to week as the Jags go with the hot hand.O-line: There are issues with right tackle to say the least.

I was pleasantly surprised with the Jags' defense last night. Secondary looks much improved with the addition of Landry and Rashean Mathis looks healthier than last year. If the defense isn't getting torched repeatedly like last year, you might plan on more rushing and lower the Jags' passing numbers.

I was pleasantly surprised with the Jags' defense last night. Secondary looks much improved with the addition of Landry and Rashean Mathis looks healthier than last year. If the defense isn't getting torched repeatedly like last year, you might plan on more rushing and lower the Jags' passing numbers.
How much lower can they get? The Jags were 31st in passing attempts last season.

Users who are viewing this thread