Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. No

Is there a way to eliminate week 17 stats?

Is there a simple way to make the VBD Spreadsheets not have the week 17 projections in there?

I think that well over 50% of leagues don't use week 17, surely there's an option to remove those stats to get a truer value for the players we draft isn't there?

I know it could be done manually... but is there a set of projections we can use that's just through week 16?

By default the DD doesn't include Week 17. You can see this by looking at the File - Setup - Schedule page, Week 17 is set to none. Likewise on the Game By Game window, the weekly weight for Week 17 is set to zero.

If you manually calculate the fantasy points for a player, you will see that the fantasy points that show up in the player pool are roughly 16/17 of the number you calculate. It will be a little different because SOS is used to determine how many points that player will score each week. So if that player has an easy week 17 game, it might be a little less than 16/17.

By default the DD doesn't include Week 17. You can see this by looking at the File - Setup - Schedule page, Week 17 is set to none. Likewise on the Game By Game window, the weekly weight for Week 17 is set to zero.If you manually calculate the fantasy points for a player, you will see that the fantasy points that show up in the player pool are roughly 16/17 of the number you calculate. It will be a little different because SOS is used to determine how many points that player will score each week. So if that player has an easy week 17 game, it might be a little less than 16/17.

Sorry, I meant the VBD spreadsheets.you are right about the DD.I want to make the VBD spreadsheet and DD match

Bump... anyone know how to get week 17 out of VBD?

Unlike DD, VBD doesn't take into account SoS - all weeks are weighted equally. Therefore, even if you did take week 17 out, the projections still won't be exact. Taking week 17 out doesn't change the overall rankings.But, there is a way to get 16 weeks worth of data without having to change it manually. I haven't fully tested this, and some of this is conjecture, but try it out...Take the VBD Cheatsheet and 'copy' the sheet to a new Excel Workbook. Do it again to create a second Cheat sheet (Cheat (2)). It should keep the original links in both sheets back to the vbd book.Create a new sheet (default in Excel is 'Sheet2'. In the first column top cell, click on it, type an '=' sign and then switch to the first Cheat sheet and click on the top QB cell in col E, then type in '*(16/17)'. The text in the cell should read "=(Cheat!E3)*(16/17)". You can click on the cell and drag the bottom right corner down to fill the rest of the column (to at least row 104). Repeat this for Column J, RB's and Col O, WR's. Assume the columns are A. B, C for the next step.Then go to sheet Cheat (2) and in Cell E3 type '=Sheet2!A1'. This will take the calculated data from the first Cheat sheet and enter it in calculated for 16 weeks into your new sheet. You can click on the cell and drag the bottom right corner down to fill the rest of the column (to at least row 104). Repeat this for all three columns. In Cell J3 type '=Sheet2!B1' and fill and in Cell 03 type '=Sheet2!C1' and then fill You can now go into you VBD app - get latest projections and generate cheat sheets, then open up this new workbook and the data will be populated for 16 weeks worth of data.PM me if you have problems.

Unlike DD, VBD doesn't take into account SoS - all weeks are weighted equally. Therefore, even if you did take week 17 out, the projections still won't be exact. Taking week 17 out doesn't change the overall rankings. But, there is a way to get 16 weeks worth of data without having to change it manually. I haven't fully tested this, and some of this is conjecture, but try it out... Take the VBD Cheatsheet and 'copy' the sheet to a new Excel Workbook. Do it again to create a second Cheat sheet (Cheat (2)). It should keep the original links in both sheets back to the vbd book. Create a new sheet (default in Excel is 'Sheet2'. In the first column top cell, click on it, type an '=' sign and then switch to the first Cheat sheet and click on the top QB cell in col E, then type in '*(16/17)'. The text in the cell should read "=(Cheat!E3)*(16/17)". You can click on the cell and drag the bottom right corner down to fill the rest of the column (to at least row 104). Repeat this for Column J, RB's and Col O, WR's. Assume the columns are A. B, C for the next step. Then go to sheet Cheat (2) and in Cell E3 type '=Sheet2!A1'. This will take the calculated data from the first Cheat sheet and enter it in calculated for 16 weeks into your new sheet. You can click on the cell and drag the bottom right corner down to fill the rest of the column (to at least row 104). Repeat this for all three columns. In Cell J3 type '=Sheet2!B1' and fill and in Cell 03 type '=Sheet2!C1' and then fill You can now go into you VBD app - get latest projections and generate cheat sheets, then open up this new workbook and the data will be populated for 16 weeks worth of data. PM me if you have problems.

wait, there has to be an easier way.

With 90+% of leagues not using week 17 in any capacity, can't we get projections without week 17 in the excel app?

Unlike DD, VBD doesn't take into account SoS - all weeks are weighted equally. Therefore, even if you did take week 17 out, the projections still won't be exact. Taking week 17 out doesn't change the overall rankings. But, there is a way to get 16 weeks worth of data without having to change it manually. I haven't fully tested this, and some of this is conjecture, but try it out... Take the VBD Cheatsheet and 'copy' the sheet to a new Excel Workbook. Do it again to create a second Cheat sheet (Cheat (2)). It should keep the original links in both sheets back to the vbd book. Create a new sheet (default in Excel is 'Sheet2'. In the first column top cell, click on it, type an '=' sign and then switch to the first Cheat sheet and click on the top QB cell in col E, then type in '*(16/17)'. The text in the cell should read "=(Cheat!E3)*(16/17)". You can click on the cell and drag the bottom right corner down to fill the rest of the column (to at least row 104). Repeat this for Column J, RB's and Col O, WR's. Assume the columns are A. B, C for the next step. Then go to sheet Cheat (2) and in Cell E3 type '=Sheet2!A1'. This will take the calculated data from the first Cheat sheet and enter it in calculated for 16 weeks into your new sheet. You can click on the cell and drag the bottom right corner down to fill the rest of the column (to at least row 104). Repeat this for all three columns. In Cell J3 type '=Sheet2!B1' and fill and in Cell 03 type '=Sheet2!C1' and then fill You can now go into you VBD app - get latest projections and generate cheat sheets, then open up this new workbook and the data will be populated for 16 weeks worth of data. PM me if you have problems.

wait, there has to be an easier way.

With 90+% of leagues not using week 17 in any capacity, can't we get projections without week 17 in the excel app?

I've never tried it, but you could go into the projection sheets, go out to the very last column (BR?) and delete week 17.