What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MSBL 2 Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

Is my clock really cut in half? I was only 17 minutes late in the first round with everyone starting the Monday morning draft on Sunday night.

I PM lists regularly, but a 2 hour clock right at the beginning is going to make this next to impossible for me. A little leniency would be appreciated.

Is my clock really cut in half? I was only 17 minutes late in the first round with everyone starting the Monday morning draft on Sunday night.I PM lists regularly, but a 2 hour clock right at the beginning is going to make this next to impossible for me. A little leniency would be appreciated.
I'm cool with leniency. I want to keep everyone engaged as long as possible. Is anyone going to be available to take lists? I'm leaving for Vegas at 6:15 tomorrow morning. I'll have the phone but with the last board update there seemed to be a couple blackberry issues.

The clock was off until Monday -

PM'd BnB for a ruling on the first round timeout at 1.04

Last edited by a moderator:
The clock was off until Monday - PM'd BnB for a ruling on the first round timeout at 1.04
NOthing to see here.....never post at 4:47 in the Ambut anyways, i was at Thursdays night pits vs iggles. Good luck with Vick..heheh.... peace

The clock was off until Monday - PM'd BnB for a ruling on the first round timeout at 1.04
There really aren't any good excuses since everyone knew the draft started Monday and they could be on the clock with 1.1 at 8 am. Regardless, I don't want anyone to get upset over this so we'll go with a clean slate on the clocks starting now. Hopefully the people with tighter access restrictions will make use of the pm feature so we can roll through about 1.5 rounds each day.

There really aren't any good excuses since everyone knew the draft started Monday and they could be on the clock with 1.1 at 8 am. Regardless, I don't want anyone to get upset over this so we'll go with a clean slate on the clocks starting now. Hopefully the people with tighter access restrictions will make use of the pm feature so we can roll through about 1.5 rounds each day.
THANKS. Adjusting the draft thread now.

Officially don't like the 10th pick and it's the 3rd time since Saturday I've been in a league and picked from it.

The Rbs I was not happy with at 1.10 or 2.07 so I took WR. At 2.07 I could have went with 2 or 3 different TEs but they all have injury concerns in terms of lasting the entire season and at 2.07, I don't like drafting Tes where I have question if they're hurt or how long till they're hurt again.

So I took Wallace, don't love the pick, more of a don't lose pick than going for the gusto pick. That usually means Wallace will now get hurt while those Tes go on to Pro Bowl years.

I wanted Forte at 2.04. Duckboy hurt me.

While the projections are mostly similar, I have less faith in SJax.

RB-ADP

RB-M.Turner

Drafted out of the 2/3/4 hole earlier in the year and a few things have changed. First of all it seemed like there were a lot more RBs to choose from for value in the sweet spot rounds of 3-8...now those choices are not there and whatever is is gone in 3 or 4. I would much rather reach a tad for Michael Turner who barring injury will get the rock a good bit and should be the guy near the goal line as well. I was down on the Falcons OL but it looks like a serious threat in the passing game is going to open up some magic holes for him. I am starting to feel like Turner will be a fantastic RB2 for most owners so why not me? I feel like now I have one position under control and I don't have to burn a couple picks in rounds 5 and 7 on guys like Greene and Addai who I am not wild about. I don't like most of the RB options on the 4/5 turn so I'll just go ahead and lock that up now with someone that has a pretty reliable track record.

Interesting so far.

Guys - I usually don't ##### about the clock, but.....

we only have 15 days to complete 16.02 more rounds.

WE MUST PICK UP THE PACE

PM lists, exchange cell numbers, blow off the no internet policies at work, etc......

please do what you need to do to keep us moving

'ShadowMaster said:
Guys - I usually don't ##### about the clock, but.....we only have 15 days to complete 16.02 more rounds.WE MUST PICK UP THE PACEPM lists, exchange cell numbers, blow off the no internet policies at work, etc......please do what you need to do to keep us moving
Having just done 20 rounds In the FIX in about 9-10 days I notice the hot spots tend to be around dinner time or early evening. Day time is the slowest part of the draft.

If anyone needs help because they won't be around let me know and I can help if necessary. Especially at the other end. I won't open your list unless necessary of course. So there is an option if anyone needs it.

Fullsnack Fro

QB:

RB: Mendenhall, Best

WR:

TE: Finley

Three explosive upside guys. All you can ask for in the first three rounds.

my personal 2 cents is that Rudnicki keeps a four hour clock. Body of Work...etc etc...

i don't mind me getting a 2 hour clock, but AR does some work around here. 4 hour.

peace

3.16 teamramrod - Matt Ryan QB9 ATL

2.01 teamramrod - Peyton Hillis RB10 CLV

4.01 teamramrod - Ryan Matthews RB21 SD

1.16 teamramrod - Vincent Jackson WR5 SD

I like it so far

Peace

If there's someone who's active around here, one of our owner's in league 1 could use some draft help for the next few days. Drop in the MBSL1 Discussion thread if you can assist.

QB: P. Manning (11), Sam Bradford (5)

RB: Darren McFadden (8), Micheal Bush (8), James Starks (8)

WR: Steve Johnson (7), Steve Smith (9)

TE: Jason Witten (5)

Think I'm anchored reasonably well at every position except WR. Peyton may need to sit a game or two, but that's no big concern if he can come back reasonably healthy for the remainder of the year.

Probably reached on Bradford, but I have high hopes for him this year. Steve Smith is fine in the thirties.

I love the value of Daniel Thomas at 8.04

Sure the rookie is off to a slow start with the funky off season, but I still expect him to take over the starting role this year.

'ShadowMaster said:
I love the value of Daniel Thomas at 8.04Sure the rookie is off to a slow start with the funky off season, but I still expect him to take over the starting role this year.
GL with that, Go Phins!

You officially suck ### if you post up picks like this...

ben franklin

instead of...

8.02 TE Iron Giant

Is it just too difficult to post the pick in a way that is easy to skim thru...I find myself having to go back and figure out if it was actually a pick. TY Shadow for updating the picks.

You officially suck ### if you post up picks like this...

ben franklin

instead of...

8.02 TE Iron Giant

Is it just too difficult to post the pick in a way that is easy to skim thru...I find myself having to go back and figure out if it was actually a pick. TY Shadow for updating the picks.
I blame it on not so smartphones.

'ShadowMaster said:
I love the value of Daniel Thomas at 8.04Sure the rookie is off to a slow start with the funky off season, but I still expect him to take over the starting role this year.
GL with that, Go Phins!
Don't get me wrong. I think the phins personel selection is utter crap. I don't understand why we want Reggie Bush over a decent WR2 or some offensive linemen. Now we've brought in LJ2. It's comical.Thank god i still have the Steelers

Half way home......

QB Jay Cutler

QB Joe Flacco

RB Steven Jackson

RB DeAngelo Williams

RB Daniel Thomas

WR Roddy White

WR Dwayne Bowe

WR Greg Little

TE Tony Gonzalez

I am not feeling it with this team

QB Phillip Rivers

QB Alex Smith

RB Ray Rice

RB Brandon Jacobs

RB Ronnie Brown

RB Shane Vereen

WR Marques Colston

WR Julio Jones

WR Mike Sims Walker

WR Malcolm Floyd

WR Micheal Crabtree

TE Vernon Davis

TE Zach Miller

D Atlanta

D Dallas

I am not feeling it with this teamQB Phillip RiversRB Ray RiceRB Brandon JacobsRB Ronnie BrownWR Marques ColstonWR Julio JonesWR Mike Sims WalkerWR Malcolm FloydWR Micheal CrabtreeTE Vernon DavisTE Zach Miller
I'd trade my team to you straight up. Your WR4 is my WR2. :cry:

This might be the worst team I have drafted in any of these survivor leagues

QB- Campbell/Dalton

RB- Ingram/R Bush/Spiller/Sproles

WR- AJ/Jennings/Bryant/D Moore

TE- Graham

So, I'm WAY behind at QB, RB and TE, and slightly ahead at WR. I'll be out quickly.

This might be the worst team I have drafted in any of these survivor leaguesQB- Campbell/DaltonRB- Ingram/R Bush/Spiller/SprolesWR- AJ/Jennings/Bryant/D MooreTE- GrahamSo, I'm WAY behind at QB, RB and TE, and slightly ahead at WR. I'll be out quickly.
These teams all looked better earlier in the year when we had a glimmer of hope for everyone we drafted. On the positive side...Either Campbell or Dalton will give you 15 pts every week. You won't be taking a donut. since this is survivor, you don't need the biggest score, you just need to avoid the donuts.It's possible that you have two top 16 backs in Ingram/Bush. Spiller and Sproles are above average backups. I think you're falling in the 12 team thought process...you're better than you think here.Your WR trio is just plain sick. I think Bryant takes off this year and you're staring at 3 WR1s here. Bryant's only downside is his variability which will be covered in this bb format.Graham could easily be above average.I'll predict that you make it to the second half of the season without problems.

This might be the worst team I have drafted in any of these survivor leaguesQB- Campbell/DaltonRB- Ingram/R Bush/Spiller/SprolesWR- AJ/Jennings/Bryant/D MooreTE- GrahamSo, I'm WAY behind at QB, RB and TE, and slightly ahead at WR. I'll be out quickly.
QB-J.Freeman, M.SanchezRB-ADP, M.Turner, P.ThomasWR-M.Austin, J.Maclin, L.Evans, H.WardTE-T.HeapI got major bye week issues so as much as I might like my team, I'm likely out early too.

fyi...

Since everyone has been making a good effort and the timeouts have been minimal, everyone (including those with reduced clocks) will be on an 8 hour clock this weekend and won't incur a clock reduction if they miss their pick. Tuesday morning at 8 am all the reduced clocks will be back in place. If we haven't started round 16, I will be reducing all the clocks across the board by 50%

fyi...

Since everyone has been making a good effort and the timeouts have been minimal, everyone (including those with reduced clocks) will be on an 8 hour clock this weekend and won't incur a clock reduction if they miss their pick. Tuesday morning at 8 am all the reduced clocks will be back in place. If we haven't started round 16, I will be reducing all the clocks across the board by 50%
BnB...8 hour clock over the weekend, we'll get like 6 picks in. I would keep it at 4 and people need to find a draft buddy to text back and forth if they are away. We only have a limited amount of days left.

Just my opinion. I don't like a 2 hour clock when I haven't done anything wrong, much better to go with a 4 hour clock over the weekend.

Drew Brees

Matt Hasselbeck

Arian Foster

Mike Tolbert

Bernard Scott

Jason Snelling

Brandon Lloyd

Chad Ochocinco

Sidney Rice

James Jones

Anthony Armstrong

??????? ?????????

Owen Daniels

Dustin Keller

Josh Brown

Robbie Gould

Baltimore

Buffalo

Well with one to go, I've got some major holes at RB and WR. I've got a giant hamstring at RB with situational backups to fill in at RB2. Ochocinco has trouble adapting to the NE offense and Sidney Rice is already dinged. Unless Lloyd and Foster duplicate last year's numbers, I am expecting an early exit.

Okay my team is done

QB Phillip Rivers

QB Alex Smith

RB Ray Rice

RB Brandon Jacobs

RB Ronnie Brown

RB Shane Vereen

RB Stephen Ridley

WR Marques Colston

WR Julio Jones

WR Mike Sims Walker

WR Malcolm Floyd

WR Micheal Crabtree

TE Vernon Davis

TE Zach Miller

PK Jay Feeley

PK David Akers

D Atlanta

D Dallas

QB: I got a stud and I got a crap one for bye week. Hopefully Smith can do anything but that is what happens when you wait till the end. I thought about taking Gabbert but decided to go RB. Not bad but not great but than a few teams are like this. Should have grabbed a 2nd good one

RB: I got a stud in Ray Rice. The rest is RBBC. I hope one of the rookies in NE steps up to be huge and provide that spark. Jacobs and Brown will be consistent but not great

WR: I really like the core but is 5 enough. Doubtful and probably my undoing in this but 18 man lineup is tough when you need 2 PK and 2 D. Crabtree will be a key as what he does will determine how far I go. The rest should be fairly nice foursome but no stud

TE: Stud and good backup. I like this group

PK and D. I got 2 that are not bottom of the barrell and my PK wont lose there jobs.

NOt a bad team but not what I envisioned. Lots of things I would do different but I also hate the top 4 picks in a draft. Rather play RBBC and grab a stud WR at the beginning. I do like my Floyd, Sims-Walker and Brown as best picks I had

Well this is my earliest exit ever by a good bit - feels even worse since WE JUST FINISHED THE DRAFT!

Good luck to the rest of you.

And that's gonna do it for me minus a miracle from Josh Freeman. I think I have something lie 75-80, no way I survive. GL everyone.

Guess I was wrong. Looking at this team, still not really sure how I've made it this far. I guess Graham is the difference maker here.

Users who are viewing this thread