What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MBSL 1 DISCUSSION THREAD (1 Viewer)

Reaper

Footballguy
"That's just criminal getting Maurice at pick 26. I can't believe some of the players that were chosen ahead of him. Great grab Shadowfax."

At this point MJD is one of the most questioned players who I see drafted all over....

I drafted in a FBG Championship draft last week and MJD went at pick 3.6!!!!! I left that draft with MJD on the brain all night... WTF to do???

So, I don't think getting drafted here is a total Shock.

He's gotta come back, show us something and his team might just blow.

I took SJax who is supposedly as healthy as he's been in a while and IMO who's team is ready to take off... SJax should be motivated by finally playing on a good team.

Yeah, I sat there for a while with this one....

... And Game on: FOUR HOUR CLOCK.... I was around all weekend then got caught in all day traffic/weather before I could get back (wasn't really ready for the weekend start) but, I'm ready to take PM"s all day and week.

Drew Brees QB NO

Adrian Peterson RB MIN

Miles Austin WR DAL

* Having the first pick in the draft it was a no brainer to go RB for me. It was between, Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, and Arian Foster. I decided to roll with Adrian Peterson. There was no particular reason why I went with Adrian over the other two, just figured what the heck I own Rice and Foster in my dynasty leagues and don't have Peterson in any of them so decided to roll with him and see what happens.

* With my second round pick I was happy to have a top notch QB to choose from. I was kind of surprised because in the other survivor leagues I have participated in so far this year the top notch QB's were all gone by the end of round 2. It pays to have a top notch QB in these survivor leagues, lots of points to be had.

* In the third round I was looking to grab a WR and was happy to get Miles Austin. With a healthy Romo back I think Austin will get closer to his 2009 numbers which will make this a steal if he can get back close to those numbers. After 3 rounds so far I was happy to get a top notch starting RB,QB,WR to start. Now at the 4/5 turn I can take best player available at many different positions without worring about chasing a position to make up for missing out on the position in rounds 1-3.

Last edited by a moderator:
"That's just criminal getting Maurice at pick 26. I can't believe some of the players that were chosen ahead of him. Great grab Shadowfax."

At this point MJD is one of the most questioned players who I see drafted all over....

I drafted in a FBG Championship draft last week and MJD went at pick 3.6!!!!! I left that draft with MJD on the brain all night... WTF to do???

So, I don't think getting drafted here is a total Shock.

He's gotta come back, show us something and his team might just blow.

I took SJax who is supposedly as healthy as he's been in a while and IMO who's team is ready to take off... SJax should be motivated by finally playing on a good team.

Yeah, I sat there for a while with this one....
I, along with everyone else, don't really know what to think of MJD. And we probably won't know until the regular season, as it looks like he'll sit out the preseason. But he was worth the risk here. Even as I say that, I still almost passed on him. I don't recall the last time I went RB/RB in these leagues and to implementing that strategy on some iffy/potential RBs in McFadden and MJD? Who the hell is making decisions around here? lol

Tony Romo QB DAL

Darren McFadden RB OAK

Maurice Jones-Drew RB JAC

My draft spots this year have been in the middle and I've usually gone WR so I wanted a change of pace and see how a RB would pan out. It was between McFadden and Mendenhall and went with the homer pick and I think a bit more upside. I think Jackson and Saudners really make him the focal point of the offense, running and catching. Was not planning on another RB in the 2nd, as I usually go RB2BC in these things but felt the risk was worth MJD. He's still young, hasn't been injury prone...the yards were there last year but the TDs really fell off. Whether or now Jax can muster up enough TD ops is another thing. I think Romo is in for a big year and can challenge for #1...besides, getting a top QB in these leagues is always nice. Now if y'all just leave me some WRS....

:unsure:

Manning seemed like too good of a value to allow to fall any further even with Rodgers in tow. It's been awhile since anyone has tried stud QB strategy and probably for good reason.

2.01 Vincent Jackson WR SDC

3.16 Santonio Holmes WR NYJ

4.01 Dez Bryant WR DAL

1.16 Jermichael Finley TE GBP

I was planning on going with Ingram and DWill at the 3/4 turn but Ingram was scooped up a few picks before. I saw the end of a tier at WR so decided to just fill up my starting WRs with 2 more top 20 guys.

It wil be interesting to see what's left at 5/6

2.01 Vincent Jackson WR SDC3.16 Santonio Holmes WR NYJ4.01 Dez Bryant WR DAL1.16 Jermichael Finley TE GBPI was planning on going with Ingram and DWill at the 3/4 turn but Ingram was scooped up a few picks before. I saw the end of a tier at WR so decided to just fill up my starting WRs with 2 more top 20 guys. It wil be interesting to see what's left at 5/6
damn thats some firepowerlove it

:unsure: Manning seemed like too good of a value to allow to fall any further even with Rodgers in tow. It's been awhile since anyone has tried stud QB strategy and probably for good reason.
wow didnt realize you took 2 qbs in first 3 roundsthanks for shaking things up

1.12 Vick

2.05 Witten

3.12 Ingram

4.05 Manningham

Liked my first 3 picks even though I knew WR would be an issue. Trying the QB/TE strategy with explosive QB and a 2 PPR TE machine. Liked Ingram's game more than the rest in the third. With the tier of WR's I had to choose from in the 4th, Manningham, while technically a WR2, seemed like the best option with question marks surrounding other guys in that tier whether it be bad knees/concussions, QB play, suspensions, rookies. Think Mannigham will really step up his game this year and improve on the decent stats he already had as the WR3/WR2(injuries) on that team last year. He looks good. Kind of a reach this early but don't love any of the ther guys there and we have to start 3. Almost passed on WR in the 4th and locked up RB2 as still some good guys available but a long time till I pick again. Only good thing about going QB/TE is that I can pretty much sit back and take BPA at RB and WR for the next few rounds.

Why did Collie fall so far? Is there something I don't know?

I would have rather had him than 5-6 of the WRs that went before him.

Collie scares me with the concussions, particularly given the emphasis on sitting out with them these days. But I can see liking him better than Garcon.

For me it was a toss up between britts possible suspension and collies possible concussions. Was a tough call.

UGGGH!!!!

Yeah, I left Shadow a list with Harvin and Boldin at 4.09

Then Snrman showed up right before I left work and took Harvin and I posted my pick of TE Daniels who I like a lot but, damn, that WR run was killer and there was no reason for me to be such a dolt and change my pick. :wall:

OK.. So, that means I have some work to do... These things often come down to avoiding injuries anyway....

QB Josh Freeman

RB Steven Jackson

RB Jahvid Best

WR Andre Johnson

TE Owen Daniels

'valence said:
Why did Collie fall so far? Is there something I don't know?I would have rather had him than 5-6 of the WRs that went before him.
Combination of a lot of balls to go around, concussions, and Manning being hurt drops him for me.

My availability the next several days will be unknown. My FIL past away today, so if you want to have someone make picks for me that would be fine.

I would be happy to help Norseman if he needs a few days. Sorry Norse, that sux, just be there for your spouse, I'm sure she is pretty upset right now as are you.

:sleep: I'm not usually one to complain about the pace of the draft but MBSL1 has really slowed down. I haven't had a pick in 2 days.

:sleep: I'm not usually one to complain about the pace of the draft but MBSL1 has really slowed down. I haven't had a pick in 2 days.
About to post the same thing.....until I realized I was up. Reaper sent a list to me but never got a PM from sinrman. Then Reaper gets back and for some reason doesn't PM me??????We need to PM/email guys OTC to keep it moving. And send lists, if possible. Half a round per day isn't going to cut it. We started off so well........

My availability the next several days will be unknown. My FIL past away today, so if you want to have someone make picks for me that would be fine.
Sorry to hear. Good news is you haven't missed much. :mellow:
I would be happy to help Norseman if he needs a few days. Sorry Norse, that sux, just be there for your spouse, I'm sure she is pretty upset right now as are you.
I'm good with MOP stepping in.

Sorry to here this. My condolences to your family.Your spot will be preserved and MOP has your back.Reality>>>>>>>fantasyRIP Norseman's FIL

QB: Rodgers 8, Manning 11

RB: DWilliams 5, RBush 9

WR: Maclin 7

TE: Gates 6

Feel like I got fortunate that Maclin was around after taking 2 QBs in the first three rounds. Bye weeks got spread around by sheer luck. This could turn out to be ok.

(11)Drew Brees QB NO

(9)Adrian Peterson RB MIN

(6)Ryan Matthews RB SD

(5)Miles Austin WR DAL

(8)Julio Jones WR ATL

(9)Marcedes Lewis TE JAC

(8)Dustin Keller TE NYJ

* Having the first pick in the draft it was a no brainer to go RB for me. It was between, Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, and Arian Foster. I decided to roll with Adrian Peterson. There was no particular reason why I went with Adrian over the other two, just figured what the heck I own Rice and Foster in my dynasty leagues and don't have Peterson in any of them so decided to roll with him and see what happens.

* With my second round pick I was happy to have a top notch QB to choose from. I was kind of surprised because in the other survivor leagues I have participated in so far this year the top notch QB's were all gone by the end of round 2. It pays to have a top notch QB in these survivor leagues, lots of points to be had.

* In the third round I was looking to grab a WR and was happy to get Miles Austin. With a healthy Romo back I think Austin will get closer to his 2009 numbers which will make this a steal if he can get back close to those numbers. After 3 rounds so far I was happy to get a top notch starting RB,QB,WR to start. Now at the 4/5 turn I can take best player available at many different positions without worring about chasing a position to make up for missing out on the position in rounds 1-3.

* In the next four rounds I was looking to add some RB,WR,&TE's to my roster. I added Ryan Matthews who I am high on, I think his production will go up this year as long as he stays healthy. Grabbed Julio Jones as a WR to add to my team. Sounds like he will be a beast of a player. Should get plenty of opportunities to make pplays opposite Roddy White. Finally my last two picks I was eyeing a couple of WR's and a few TE's. The WR's I was looking at were picked before me and non of the other WR's really excited me so I decided to grab a couple of TE's in Lewis and Keller and between the two I should get very good production each week.

7.16 Matt Cassel QB KCC

8.01 Cam Newton QB CAR

5.16 Fred Jackson

6.01 Tim Hightower

2.01 Vincent Jackson WR SDC

3.16 Santonio Holmes WR NYJ

4.01 Dez Bryant WR DAL

1.16 Jermichael Finley TE GBP

I thought for sure two of Colt Mccoy/Sanchez/Kolb would be there at the 7/8 turn. Much less thrilled with Cassel and Newton.

I thought for sure two of Colt Mccoy/Sanchez/Kolb would be there at the 7/8 turn. Much less thrilled with Cassel and Newton.
7th round does seem a round or so early for a QB2 run, but I guess no one wants to be stuck with those QBs who are going to be on a short leash.

7th round does seem a round or so early for a QB2 run, but I guess no one wants to be stuck with those QBs who are going to be on a short leash.
I actually thought about waiting another 2 rounds. I'm not sure there is a lot of difference between those two and the ones that are left.

It seems impossible to NOT reach for a QB in the survivor drafts.

Everyone is reaching on QBs and the tempatation to grab falling talent is shinny and bright.

The problem is the QBs never seem to catch up to their value slot, thus it really becomes just a matter of when to make your reach.

QB: Rodgers 8, Manning 11

RB: DWilliams 5, RBush 9

WR: Maclin 7, Floyd 6, D. Moore 8

TE: Gates 6, Hernadez 7

Really like the way this team is shaping up. Should be off the charts at the QB spot. Williams and Bush will be hit and miss but will put up some big games. Need to find a consistant point producer or two late. Happy with the WRs for how late I selected them. Loaded at TE.

It seems impossible to NOT reach for a QB in the survivor drafts.Everyone is reaching on QBs and the tempatation to grab falling talent is shinny and bright.The problem is the QBs never seem to catch up to their value slot, thus it really becomes just a matter of when to make your reach.
One of the reasons I went ahead and took Manning. Based on Dodds projections I lost 80 net ff pts by taking Moore over Lloyd. Any backup QB this late would have only added roughly 30 pts to Rodgers output in best ball. Manning was good for an add'l 60 points last year over Rodgers excluding Rodgers injury time. I pretty confident he'll get me that much again this year. The open question is will Moore plus 2-3 other WR best ball score reduce the 80 point deficit to Lloyd by more than 50 points? I'm gambling yes, but after running this analysis, I'm questioning my selection of Manning.

It seems impossible to NOT reach for a QB in the survivor drafts.Everyone is reaching on QBs and the tempatation to grab falling talent is shinny and bright.The problem is the QBs never seem to catch up to their value slot, thus it really becomes just a matter of when to make your reach.
One of the reasons I went ahead and took Manning. Based on Dodds projections I lost 80 net ff pts by taking Moore over Lloyd. Any backup QB this late would have only added roughly 30 pts to Rodgers output in best ball. Manning was good for an add'l 60 points last year over Rodgers excluding Rodgers injury time. I pretty confident he'll get me that much again this year. The open question is will Moore plus 2-3 other WR best ball score reduce the 80 point deficit to Lloyd by more than 50 points? I'm gambling yes, but after running this analysis, I'm questioning my selection of Manning.
Between no power, running around and trying to do other drafts, didn't get to really spend some time with this but....If there was ever a draft and time to Grab an Elite QB1 and run with 1 QB this was it.... If I ever do that I'll do it in the 18 round ssls and I'll have to try to remember especially the MBSL..... What happens this time of year is all the Sleepers you grabbed in the early drafts are all tightened up considerably. That QB2 spot would help me out right now for some depth elsewhere.I also get that stinky feeling that for any draft I have left I should just Grab Brady ASAP. I had this feeling All offseason but, unfortunatley was hardly able to take advantage of it.

'Reaper said:
Between no power, running around and trying to do other drafts, didn't get to really spend some time with this but....If there was ever a draft and time to Grab an Elite QB1 and run with 1 QB this was it.... If I ever do that I'll do it in the 18 round ssls and I'll have to try to remember especially the MBSL..... What happens this time of year is all the Sleepers you grabbed in the early drafts are all tightened up considerably. That QB2 spot would help me out right now for some depth elsewhere.I also get that stinky feeling that for any draft I have left I should just Grab Brady ASAP. I had this feeling All offseason but, unfortunatley was hardly able to take advantage of it.
Things seemed to dry up in hurry at WR/RB and now I'm regretting the Hernadez pick. I think doing a 12 team draft last week lulled me into a false sense of how deep the talent pool was. Just went ahead and picked up a defense because I don't see much difference in the RB I take now or the one I grab in the last round. It's pretty much an lottery for an injury to a starter.

Users who are viewing this thread