What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 Anarchy League 5 (1 Viewer)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
Here is the league site for Anarchy League 5, If you were in League 5 last year, your password is the same. If you were not in League 5 last year, your password will be anarchy5. The draft is set to start 8/23 at 9 am. I realize this is on short notice, so the clock is off for now.

Draft order

1. firstseason1988

2. No. 16

3. jsharlan

4. The Wormanizers

5. Binky The Doormat

6. adrenaline

7. Steel Dillo

8. Blinky The Three Eyed Fish

9. Faux Bear

10. Football Critic

11. SouthJersey

12. IndyHavoc

13. ZWK

14. Go DC Yourself

15. Sinrman

16. Buddy Ball 2K3

Can the Muff Staches please change their avatar on the league website? It's so big that the league homescreen doesn't show up right for me.

I pm'ed No. 16 since he must not have seen David's e-mail. I also pm'ed Buddy Ball and Blinky the Fish since they are not showing up as having signed into the league.

I took NE Team qb first, they are killing it in preseason and look to be odds on favorite to go to super bowl in afc. It was a tough call with phi and gb, phi was #2 on my list. I envy the #4 pick right now.

'Go DC Yourself said:
'Steel Dillo said:
'ZWK said:
Blinky still hasn't logged onto the league site... not a good sign.
Actually, no activity on FBGs since he got cut off from the soup kitchen.
But he signed up, likely in response to David's e-mail, and thus should have gotten the e-mail invite to the league.
Guess it's not a big deal, and I do have a lot going on this weekend. but, like any true gamer, I have draft fever. Timer on Monday? But really, I can make my turn picks at some point this weekend, not feeling it getting to me. David, are we sure that our staller has signed up again? Replacement?thanks for the time you put into this bro, really enjoy it.

We might be in for another prolonged wait for the next few picks. Neither IndyHavoc or ZWK have been on in a while.

This league needs to get on it drafting wise or they will go WAY past opening day and still be drafting.

No. 16 is up and needs to get a pick in.

Sorry. Had a friend stop by last night before he is deployed to Afghanistan so of course we partied and I called in sick today.

Love how my team is shaping up....

QB Green Bay

RB Jhavid Best

RB LeGarrette Blount

WR Mike Wallace

WR Reggie Wayne

I got an email asking us to pick up pace. My immediate thought was that i was going fast. But:

Average Time Waiting For Pick To Be Made Franchise Avg. Wait Time # PicksIndyHavoc 1 hour, 46 minutes 6Go DC Yourself less than a minute 6No. 16 7 hours, 47 minutes 5ZWK 2 minutes 6Muff Staches 48 minutes 6jsharlan 32 minutes 5Sinrman 1 hour, 29 minutes 6Steel Dillo 1 hour, 39 minutes 6Honey Badger Don't Give a @#$! less than a minute 6The Wormanizers 7 minutes 6Faux Bear 8 minutes 6SouthJersey 1 hour, 58 minutes 6Binky The Doormat 3 hours, 55 minutes 6firstseason1988 7 hours, 30 minutes 4adrenaline 1 hour, 43 minutes 6Blinky The Three Eyed Fish 3 hours, 34 minutes 6
So according to this, I am going slow. But I started draft 1.5 hours early and that pick wasn't part of avg. time to pick. Any time I accumulated was on the weekend. Time to pick up the pace ladies. this is dumb.

I got an email asking us to pick up pace. My immediate thought was that i was going fast. But:

Average Time Waiting For Pick To Be Made Franchise Avg. Wait Time # PicksIndyHavoc 1 hour, 46 minutes 6Go DC Yourself less than a minute 6No. 16 7 hours, 47 minutes 5ZWK 2 minutes 6Muff Staches 48 minutes 6jsharlan 32 minutes 5Sinrman 1 hour, 29 minutes 6Steel Dillo 1 hour, 39 minutes 6Honey Badger Don't Give a @#$! less than a minute 6The Wormanizers 7 minutes 6Faux Bear 8 minutes 6SouthJersey 1 hour, 58 minutes 6Binky The Doormat 3 hours, 55 minutes 6firstseason1988 7 hours, 30 minutes 4adrenaline 1 hour, 43 minutes 6Blinky The Three Eyed Fish 3 hours, 34 minutes 6
So according to this, I am going slow. But I started draft 1.5 hours early and that pick wasn't part of avg. time to pick. Any time I accumulated was on the weekend. Time to pick up the pace ladies. this is dumb.
The system counts all times, so for someone like Blinky he's been on the clock overnight on a few occasions. It's big lulls during broad daylight that slows things down . . .

Its pretty easy to set up a pre-draft list as well.
I concur. And DY just want to be clear, that it didn't take my 1st pick into account, you manually did it for me. You can see by the number of picks next to my name. I guess because draft hadn't officially been started. And I am fast, my only lull was a Friday afternoon and night when I was not in a state of mind to make a pick. I am a book end so a pre draft list is good but I need to see who my first pick was before making a 2nd, as I won't have another for 31 picks.I assume everyone got that email?

The system counts all times, so for someone like Blinky he's been on the clock overnight on a few occasions. It's big lulls during broad daylight that slows things down . . .
With Labor Day weekend approaching we might want to start shortening the window to pick. Something like 4 hours, reduced to two hours if the front page is showing the owner at that point not to have logged in within the past 18 hours.

With Labor Day weekend approaching we might want to start shortening the window to pick. Something like 4 hours, reduced to two hours if the front page is showing the owner at that point not to have logged in within the past 18 hours.
Pretty sure we can knock out 8 more rounds before the seasons starts without the clock. We're not moving at break neck speed but we're getting there.

Pretty sure we can knock out 8 more rounds before the seasons starts without the clock. We're not moving at break neck speed but we're getting there.
Not if people fail to log in a couple of times of day to check on the status we won't.

'Go DC Yourself said:
Not if people fail to log in a couple of times of day to check on the status we won't.
Blinky.....

I will be going away for the holiday weekend with out internet access. Unless the weather is crappy, I wont be able to draft until some point on Monday.

I will be going away for the holiday weekend with out internet access. Unless the weather is crappy, I wont be able to draft until some point on Monday.
What team are you?ETA: Never mind see you're at the turn.I actually think we may get to you today. Sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Draft is complete:Here is what the FBG Rate My Team thinks of my squad (Week 16/17 playoffs, 4 make it)...So

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Jason CampbellRB: LeGarrette Blount, Jahvid Best, Brandon Jacobs, Mike TolbertWR: Mike Wallace, Reggie Wayne, Jordy Nelson, Jabar Gaffney, Roscoe ParrishTE: Chris Cooley, Anthony Fasano, Delanie WalkerPK: Josh Brown, John KasayTD: Baltimore Ravens, San Francisco 49ersOverview:We think you're looking good at quarterback and running back. Your squad is therefore easy for us to like despite a bit of weakness at the receiver position. But as weaknesses go, this is one is survivable. It's usually relatively easy to find fill-in guys on a weekly basis until a better player emerges during the season. As long as you stay on top of things inseason, you should be among the top teams in the league.Players we particularly like on this team include Jason Campbell, Brandon Jacobs, Mike Tolbert, and the 49ers defense. We have all these guys ranked ahead of where they are typically being drafted.Bottom line: With great inseason management, we think you have about a 70 percent chance of making the playoffs. With good inseason management, we think you have about a 55 percent chance of making the playoffs. With average inseason management, we think you have a 37 percent chance of making the playoffs.In any event, we wish you the best of luck. Here's hoping all your weeks are like week 13 of 2010:Reggie Wayne vs. DAL: 200 receiving yards, 1 TDBrandon Jacobs vs. WAS: 103 combined yards, 2 TDAaron Rodgers vs. SF: 298 passing yards, 3 TDLeGarrette Blount vs. ATL: 103 combined yards, 1 TD
I think the "average inseason management" is the one to look at and it says I have a 37% shot of being a Top 4 team through the NFL regular season.

This is my second year doing anarchy. Last year I finished 8th in Anarchy League 5, writeup here. This year I drafted two anarchy teams, one in league 5 and one in league 3 taking over for a missing owner. A posted my general strategy in the general thread here, so this is just a few of the specifics about my AL5 team. My general approach, in brief, is to go by my draft list for the first half of the draft (not worrying too much about roster balance or runs) and then to pay more attention in the second half of the draft to filling out my roster and not getting stuck with junk. I usually find that the value is at WR/TE early and RB in the mid rounds.

In my other anarchy drafts my first 5 picks have always been WR/TEs, but this draft played out differently. Rounds 1-4 I got major point scorers, including 2 RBs along with 2 WRs, which left me with more flexibility for the middle rounds. Rds 5-8 were 4 very solid players with upside (2 TE, 1 RB, 1 WR), although now one of them is on IR. Rds 9-11 were a solid WR, a solid TMQB (now not-so-solid after the starter's been cut), and a decent RB. Over the last 7 rounds I filled out my roster, including pretty strong defenses & kickers, 2 hopefully decent WRs, and a scrambling quarterback.

1.13 WR White ATL (WR2) - close call between him & TE Witten

2.04 RB Mendenhall PIT (RB7) - a workhorse on a good team; a clear first rounder in ordinary leagues & just ahead of WR Fitzgerald on my draft board here

3.13 RB Hillis CLE (RB14) - another do-it-all back who's underrated this year

4.04 WR Lloyd DEN (WR17) - I'm a believer in Lloyd too, at least as a high-end WR2

5.13 TE Keller NYJ (TE12) - a step down from what I hoped to get here; WR Boldin (pick 5.11) was the end of a tier

6.04 RB Moreno DEN (RB26) - a great round for RB value, with several starters left and not much at other positions

7.13 TE Moeaki KC (TE20) - the Chiefs' #2 target should catch a lot of passes and has some upside... but now he's out for the season

8.04 WR A Green CIN (WR39) - has looked like a pro in preseason; good to get any team's top WR this late

9.13 WR D Bess MIA (WR46) - he's the kind of unsexy pick I like in this format (I took him in the 8th on my other team); consistently catches a lot of balls and ranks in the 30s

10.04 QB Jaguars JAC (QB25) - Garrard has been the most average fantasy QB over the past 3 years which makes him good value here... but now it's McCown/Gabbert

11.13 RB Sproles NO (RB49) - one of the last RBs left with a clearly defined role that should consistently get him touches

12.04 D Bears CHI (D10) - a good defense, but I probably should've taken WR Williams SEA or TE Fasano here

13.13 K Cundiff BAL (K5) - a good kicker; worth getting since I just missed out on a tier of WR/TEs

14.04 WR Washington TEN (WR71) - a starting receiver

15.13 K Longwell MIN (K19) - filling out my kickers

16.04 D Vikings MIN (D18) - a pretty good defense, surprised they're still here

17.13 QB Seahawks SEA (QB31) - avoiding Dalton, and Tarvaris Jackson will get points with his legs as long as he keeps the job

18.04 WR D Jones BUF (WR84) - a starting receiver, for now; there's some risk but also some upside across from Stevie Johnson

Vikings, Minnesota MIN TMQB 26

49ers, San Francisco SFO TMQB 30

The Redskins with McNabb ranked 22nd in this format last year and the 49ers ranked 25th, so there might be a slight value in both of this late round picks.

Rice, Ray BAL RB 3

Gore, Frank SFO RB 13

Williams, Ricky BAL RB 52

Scott, Bernard CIN RB 63

Rice should be a top RB, especially when you consider potential playoff points. Gore ranked 7th the past two seasons in PPG in this format. RW should be a suitable replacement for McGahee (who ranked 43rd) but is Rice insurance. Who knows with Scott.

Johnson, Calvin DET WR 4

Bryant, Dez DAL WR 16

Collie, Austin IND WR 26

Burleson, Nate DET WR 42

Roberts, Andre ARI WR 51

Not sure I love having the two starters for the Lions. No Manning will probably kill Collie. If Roberts stays as a starter he could be a decent value.

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE 10

Miller, Zach SEA TE 19

Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE 21

Having 3 mid range TE is still a scoring advantage in this kind of format and scoring system.

Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK 4

Rackers, Neil HOU PK 9

Two decent kickers with playoff possibilities.

Raiders, Oakland OAK Def 18

Panthers, Carolina CAR Def 27

IMO, taking defenses early not worth it unless they are top defenses and likely playoff teams.

Overall, pretty please with the team and the outlook of the individual players if everyone stays healthy. Probably not a lot of post season guys, though.

Weekly Point Totals # Ovr Player Pts Avg 1 2 3 Status Bye1. 1. Patriots, New England NEP TMQB 110.18 36.727 42.98 35.22 31.98 firstseason1988 72. 2. Welker, Wes NEP WR 102.70 34.233 36.00 15.10 51.60 firstseason1988 73. 3. Saints, New Orleans NOS TMQB 96.76 32.253 35.06 29.00 32.70 Steel Dillo 114. 4. Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 92.10 30.700 26.60 28.60 36.90 adrenaline 75. 5. Lions, Detroit DET TMQB 90.20 30.067 28.20 34.98 27.02 firstseason1988 9
My first 3 picks are in the top 5. Including the #1 pick being #1. It takes a bold man to blaze a trail. :thumbup:

Weekly Point Totals # Ovr Player Pts Avg 1 2 3 Status Bye1. 1. Patriots, New England NEP TMQB 110.18 36.727 42.98 35.22 31.98 firstseason1988 72. 2. Welker, Wes NEP WR 102.70 34.233 36.00 15.10 51.60 firstseason1988 73. 3. Saints, New Orleans NOS TMQB 96.76 32.253 35.06 29.00 32.70 Steel Dillo 114. 4. Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 92.10 30.700 26.60 28.60 36.90 adrenaline 75. 5. Lions, Detroit DET TMQB 90.20 30.067 28.20 34.98 27.02 firstseason1988 9
My first 3 picks are in the top 5. Including the #1 pick being #1. It takes a bold man to blaze a trail. :thumbup:
#1) No. 16 676.84 225.6#2) firstseason1988 666.98 222.3Though my team is looking like a mirage.BAL and SF are the #1 and #2 DEF and I doubt they keep that up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread