What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Father & Son league, anyone interested? (3 Viewers)

My grandson and I would like to join as well. $5 to $7 for MFL sounds great. I agree about the slow draft. It would be much easier for them. My grandson has never played before.

ok i set up a very basic scoring system of 6pts for EVERY type of touchdown scored

(some children including my six year old may not understand why Brady got 4 points for his touchdown pass and Peterson got 6 points for his TD run)

(some children, and adults LOL, may not understand why Randall Cobb gets 6 points if he scores a rec TD but 0 points if he returns a punt for a TD)

1pt for every 20yds passing

1pt for every 10yds rushing

3 pt FG

1pt XP

2pts for any 2pt conversion

-2 for throwing INT or FUMB LOST

i didnt do any PPR again just keeping it simple

working on a simple DEF scoring now

Last edited by a moderator:
1) FWmaker & Son confirmed

2) Papa Georgio & Son confirmed

3) SKbateman & Daughter confirmed

4) Fiddystorms & Son confirmed

5) Firecrackerfreakshow & Son confirmed

6) tradersunlim confirmed

7) godgers12 confirmed (10yr old)

8) godgers12 confirmed (9yr old)

9) Raleigh Reef

10) ThaDude confirmed

11) Lash confirmed (10 yr old)

12) Lash confirmed (6 yr old)

i'm gonna let my two sons play separate and godgers requested the same, so that gives up twelve

i'm not going to allow my two to trade with each other, don't want the 10yr old talking the 6yr old into anything

@ The edge, you're in. get lash your email address.

@ Lash,

perfect, you got the concept of what I was hoping to do.

thanks for jumping in, i can use the help. my email address is greg at acschultes dot com

Any chance you could clear your PM queue a little so we can send email addresses via PM?

We can replace Raleigh Reef with The Edge.

EDIT: I also think we should change the name of the league to Family Fantasy Football league since we have grandfathers & daughters etc.

3) SKbateman & Daughter confirmed

4) Fiddystorms & Son confirmed

5) Firecrackerfreakshow & Son confirmed

7) godgers12 confirmed (10yr old)

8) godgers12 confirmed (9yr old)

9) TheEdge confirmed

10) ThaDude confirmed

11) Lash confirmed (10 yr old)

12) Lash confirmed (6 yr old)

I someone plans to get this started, my email address is: skbatmen@aol.com

I read another post (somewhere) about having a kid's league. It seemed like they were going to allow all of the kids to pick any player they want. In otherwords, we could all have the some of the same players.

This doesn't teach kids about drafting and trading. But, it seems like it would be very easy to do. They kids could enjoy fantasy football because they could have their favorite players on their team. There would be no worries about kids making a bad trade and regretting it.

It seems like a simple, yet fun way for the kids to start.

Thoughts?

Doug

gimme an hour (have some saturday honey-do chores :) ) and i'll get all the new emails loaded

i need to clear my PMs

i changed it to Family Fantasy Football

I someone plans to get this started, my email address is: skbatmen@aol.com

I read another post (somewhere) about having a kid's league. It seemed like they were going to allow all of the kids to pick any player they want. In otherwords, we could all have the some of the same players.

This doesn't teach kids about drafting and trading. But, it seems like it would be very easy to do. They kids could enjoy fantasy football because they could have their favorite players on their team. There would be no worries about kids making a bad trade and regretting it.

It seems like a simple, yet fun way for the kids to start.

Thoughts?

Doug
Unfortunately, my son is unfamiliar with most of the players so it won't matter much either way. I am not opposed to the idea. I will leave that conversation up to the rest of you.

here is simple defense rules

Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 0-10 2 points each Edit Test Interceptions Caught 0-10 2 points each Edit Test Sacked a QB 0-25 1 point each Edit Test Safeties 0-10 2 points each Edit Test Total Points Allowed 0-0 15 Edit Test Total Points Allowed 1-7 10 Edit Test Total Points Allowed 8-14 5 Edit Test Total Points Allowed 15-20 0 Edit Test Total Points Allowed 21-27 -5 Edit Test Total Points Allowed 28-34 -10 Edit Test Total Points Allowed 35-99 -15 Edit Test Number of Defensive & Special Teams TDs 0-10 6 points each Edit Test

shoot, that didnt format well

+2 for INT, FUMB REC, SAFETIES

+1 for SACKS

+6 for TDs

tiered scoring for points allowed from +15 for a shutout (rare) to -15 for giving up 35+ and tiers of 15,10,5,0,-5,-10,-15

maybe you can read that from that jumbled table

or just goto REPORTS>RULES>LEAGUE SCORING on the website

i asked my 6 year old and he didnt seem to put off by not getting his favorite players

of course he likes the titans so you may see a Chris Johnson, Jake Locker, Kendall Wright after the first 3 rds on his team LOL

i think i will probably help him a little on his draft because i dont want him to go 0-13 and be done with FF forever heh

but the 10yr old i'll just let him roll with what he wants because he watches alot and needs to learn by trial and error

ok, check the basic scoring rules

REPORTS>RULES>LEAGUE SCORING

i'm gonna round up some basic rules to follow that will just detail waivers and stuff, very basic

those will post on: REPORTS>RULES>LEAGUE BYLAWS at the bottom

i went 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1K/1DST with no flex again just basic for the lineups and i think i set 20 players on roster

i was naming the teams 10yrd old, 9yr old, etc but it was overlapping so i chaged em so to avoid confusion

but to customize, just clik on your team name and you can change everything about your team, even make a helmet

need four more

i will then hit the "randomize draft order" button on commish page and post on chat

and then hit "randomize schedule"

set draft to start tuesday cause i'm off work that day and can monitor

12 hours per pick, timer cuts off at night from 11 ET and starts back again at 8ET

all of these times are open to discuss, just giving a starting point

10) ThaDude confirmed

need emails from these four if anyone wants to PM them

if we get em and folk wanna start sooner we can

Great job. The site looks good. Iota you have trouble with 12 teams, go with 10. It will be fun. It doesn't have to be perfect this year. The kids will be fine.

need those three emails, i'd hate to open it back up because they had been posting from the start

maybe just busy this weekend

i have a backup plan no worries, my Brother and his son

he lives in Tampa and I live in TN so it would be fun anyways for the cousins to speak on the league chat to each other

i just mentioned it in passing with him just in case Traders shows up

but if not i can log him on and we have twelve

That would be a terrific solution. I want to give traders every opportunity though. I have PM'd him several times which should go directly to his email. Not sure why he isn't getting them.

ok gonna go with adding my brother and if traders unlim shows up by tomorrow morn then can reverse it

i will add the last email as soon as i post this

at exactly 2:30 EST i will hit the "randomize draft order" on the commissioner page. it will immediately send out the draft order to all emails on the site

i will set a 12 hour timer for the first round or two, this will allow EVERYONE to get their son/daughter acclimated to the site, then we may goto 8hr timer if needed for more speed

the timer will shut off at night

i can set up each team to receive draft emails when picks are chosen and when trades are offered

you can turn all these off if you so choose

you can also set up a Wireless feed that will send you texts of news, trade offers, injuries, draft picks etc

the site is HIGHLY customizable

no problem i will explain to my nephew that he can share with my 6 yr old

i'll get TU in right now

he hasnt missed a pick it is pick #11

If you are all real serious about running a father son league I will let you all use my site for free of no charge. I have a 12 year old son I am trying to get him involved with me in fantasy football and I want him to see others kids involved and become more interested with it himself.

I just need someone to contact me and tell me who wants in and how many leagues. I have a league set up as a ppr league and its really simple and basic to run and the kids will understand the user friendly nature of it. I can even set it up as a slow draft so the kids can take their time drafting and not have the pressure of a clock.

If someone is interested in this free league just contact me and I can set it up for you. And yes it has all the perks of live stats etc.

Email me @ dtriley@optonline.net

thanks working, i guess we already rollin on the MFL site and draft is underway

saying that, if you want to join ours we have one drafter who signed up but hasn't shown

i can put you in that last spot

he drew the 12th pick but of course you get the back-to-back snake picks and we are at pick #10 now

i am so confused, i don't know who's who on the site, i think we need a legend posted somewhere so we can cross reference their team name with their FBG user name. did godgers end up taking his team (i hope).

my team name is the Gridiron Stompers

If anyone is interested, my leagues may be a good start for some of the kids and dads to work together.. strategic.. you can have multiple entries and I allow buy backs...

I am running 2 pools... a $20 Last Man Standing Survivor Pool as well as a $30 NFL Power Ranking Confidence Pool.

let me know if your interested in more information. I'll send it your way.. or you can take a peek at MY TOPICS and check them out....

Have a great season...

Tracey

Man, what a great idea! However, I would LOVE to see this with a small money league for even like $10, because 1st place would get my son (9 years old) the ability to buy himself an xbox 360 or PS3 game. :) That would DEFINITELY hold his interest! ;) Man, I might even start a new league like this! GREAT idea! If you have spots available, please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread