Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ok, I think I'm lossing it here... I like using the DD to create my own cheat sheet as I like the separate columns for age, adp and years of experience. But I just noticed that when I enter the exact same scoring in both applications (DD and the VBD app) I am getting different numbers.

In my specific scenario, the first difference I noticed was for Andre Johnson. The DD shows his will score 277.7 fantasy points, while the VBD excel app shows he will score 298 points. I've compared the projections used by both, and they are the exact same. I've triple checked the scoring that I've entered in both applications, and they are identical. I've compared the scoring to the cheatsheets, and found that the same 298 points indicated in the cheat sheets...

Why is DD calculating a different amount?!

Ok, I think I'm lossing it here... I like using the DD to create my own cheat sheet as I like the separate columns for age, adp and years of experience. But I just noticed that when I enter the exact same scoring in both applications (DD and the VBD app) I am getting different numbers.In my specific scenario, the first difference I noticed was for Andre Johnson. The DD shows his will score 277.7 fantasy points, while the VBD excel app shows he will score 298 points. I've compared the projections used by both, and they are the exact same. I've triple checked the scoring that I've entered in both applications, and they are identical. I've compared the scoring to the cheatsheets, and found that the same 298 points indicated in the cheat sheets...Why is DD calculating a different amount?!

I'm new to all this, but it's my understanding that the DD calculates 16 weeks and the VBD app is 17 weeks. Thus the difference. Theres a few threads regarding this, so you might check those.

Ok, I think I'm lossing it here... I like using the DD to create my own cheat sheet as I like the separate columns for age, adp and years of experience. But I just noticed that when I enter the exact same scoring in both applications (DD and the VBD app) I am getting different numbers.In my specific scenario, the first difference I noticed was for Andre Johnson. The DD shows his will score 277.7 fantasy points, while the VBD excel app shows he will score 298 points. I've compared the projections used by both, and they are the exact same. I've triple checked the scoring that I've entered in both applications, and they are identical. I've compared the scoring to the cheatsheets, and found that the same 298 points indicated in the cheat sheets...Why is DD calculating a different amount?!

I'm new to all this, but it's my understanding that the DD calculates 16 weeks and the VBD app is 17 weeks. Thus the difference. Theres a few threads regarding this, so you might check those.
Correct.

Then I have a different issue. In mine, the DD shows higher than VBD. Just like the OP, I have checked that the projections and scoring rules are the same, but Andre Johnson shows as 388 pts in DD and 347 in the VBD.

Also, I'm confused about the difference in 16 vs 17 weeks if we are talking about the total points. The total projections over the full year are the same and the scoring is the same, so the total points should be the same even if it was 16 or 17 weeks. I must be missing something.

Then I have a different issue. In mine, the DD shows higher than VBD. Just like the OP, I have checked that the projections and scoring rules are the same, but Andre Johnson shows as 388 pts in DD and 347 in the VBD. Also, I'm confused about the difference in 16 vs 17 weeks if we are talking about the total points. The total projections over the full year are the same and the scoring is the same, so the total points should be the same even if it was 16 or 17 weeks. I must be missing something.

Do you have GBG weightings enabled? Try setting those to 1

Yes, I did have that. Didn't realize that actually changed the individual players values in the player pool, but I guess that makes sense. Now it's showing less than the VBD, which I guess is because the VBD includes week 17.

Thanks for your help!