Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ex-ghost

Dion Lewis

Lewis is the real deal. I made a big mistake of bidding for Lewis and Matt Jones early in the season. I got Lewis for two of my teams and Jones for my other two teams (re-draft). In retrospect, I should have been all in on Lewis given the more explosive offense in New England versus Washington. Yet, I couldn't be happier as Lewis is playing for my "strongest" team. I know it is way too early, but it will be interesting to see where Lewis is drafted next year. Go Lewis!

Is it time to start worrying if the Pats are going to rest him during the magic football playoffs?

Is that a reason to consider trade offers?

Traded Jeremy hill d.Johnson and Rudolph for.Lewis and Charles clay 3 weeks ago.

Could go down as my best trade ever

For me it's west vs Lewis. Think I will roll with west but could see regretting that decision. Good luck guys!

I'm doing the same thing, but no regrets or any real hesitation.

Yep I regret it already!! at least it bodes well for Lewis the rest of the season

Don't get greedy folks. You weren't liking Blount out there the first 4-5 plays of the game, even were throwing him the ball b4 Lewis got 21 out of the RB spot with 2 carries for 0 yards, control thyself and thank thy lucky stars for what thoust haveth!

• Like 2

So happy i picked him up early in the season thanks to recommendations here. Helps alot after losing Foster.

The real deal, he's gotta be on a pitch count, he's just too good to not be used more...

he has been hurt a ton his entire career, and is hurt and just missed games now.

My guess is they will use him heavily when they actually need to, or in must-win games.

I am comfortable labeling him and injury prone

This may be true but he produces when healthy. As long as you RB depth what's the big deal?

I was talking about real football, not FF

Traded him for hurns after foster went down. Couldn't be happier!

I think you mean the other way around, or you shouldn't be happy.

Traded him for hurns after foster went down. Couldn't be happier!

I think you mean the other way around, or you shouldn't be happy.

Oops traded HURNS for Lewis! Haha good catch

Edited by Tony97gtp

Anybody ha cuffing White to Lewis? He seemed to get Dion's role, albeit against the Jets so he didn't do anything.

I'm not. White just isn't remotely as dynamic as Lewis and because of that NE likely won't have him on the field as much as they do Lewis.
anyone have the snap counts from the jets game?

Just got home, how does he look?

The system looks great. There was one play where Miami dropped back and ran with all other wideouts and Lewis took a dump off and ran 35 yards into the end zone pretty much untouched like the defense wasn't even there.

Oof just missed a touchdown on the one with Grimes. He didn't see the ball till the last second or he was gone.

• Like 1

Its funny when lewis is healthy he is the second option in the O. I mean he is just a different player then Vereen was.BB and Brady clearly love him. I only pray he stays healthy. He is an absolute PPR machine. If he stays healthy he will win a lot of championships for people.

So folks feel Lewis could be doing all this on any team in the NFL? I'm not suggesting NE has anyone else on the roster close to Lewis and his skill set but I'm not sure Lewis is a bell cow kind of RB for a lot of teams around the league.

I own Lewis in multiple leagues, happy to cash in but I don't feel like Lewis is the "real deal" in the way I felt ADP was the real deal when he came out of college or the way Todd Gurley looks like the real deal. Lewis is a guy with a lot of talent around him and is acting like a pro, taking care of his business and making plays when his number has been called. I just don't think he is special or any more special than when Shane Vereen was being thrust into this role.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

So folks feel Lewis could be doing all this on any team in the NFL? I'm not suggesting NE has anyone else on the roster close to Lewis and his skill set but I'm not sure Lewis is a bell cow kind of RB for a lot of teams around the league.

I own Lewis in multiple leagues, happy to cash in but I don't feel like Lewis is the "real deal" in the way I felt ADP was the real deal when he came out of college or the way Todd Gurley looks like the real deal. Lewis is a guy with a lot of talent around him and is acting like a pro, taking care of his business and making plays when his number has been called. I just don't think he is special or any more special than when Shane Vereen was being thrust into this role.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

no I don't think lewis would be as special on other teams. It is a perfect storm on NE. They trust him out there. And Vereen never looked the way he does.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

I think he can be a productive RB1 while in New England, regardless of how/whether other teams would find ways to use him effectively or not.

There's room in the league for players with distinct skill sets that "fit" a particular offense to flourish.

Anybody ha cuffing White to Lewis? He seemed to get Dion's role, albeit against the Jets so he didn't do anything.

I'm not. White just isn't remotely as dynamic as Lewis and because of that NE likely won't have him on the field as much as they do Lewis.
anyone have the snap counts from the jets game?

White played on 64% on the snaps.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

He is obviously not a HOF Rb in ADP or Todd Gurley but nobody is saying he is. And if you don't think he is any more special than Vereen then we are not watching the same games.

A lot of NFL players would be a lot less productive on other teams in other situations. Lewis looks to be a good 2-3 year option for top 10ish PPR numbers. I think a lot of folks like that and like the way the guy plays football.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Shane Vereen never looked like Lewis. Was never this elusive. They look vastly different in my opinion despite being in same role Edited by Gandalf

Yep. Louis has that phone booth quickness that people talk about. The crazy thing is that they've been blowing teams out and killing the clock with blount. Can you imagine what kind of game lewis would have if they were behind most of the game?

Edited by bill bates hits hard

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Lewis is phenomenal. Yeah, New England is a perfect fit for his skills, because they have no qualms about splitting him out wide and letting him run a dozen routes a game like a wide receiver, then motioning him back into the backfield for a draw. A lot of teams wouldn't be creative enough or confident enough to play to his skills.

But make no mistake that it's his skills that are being played to. He's ludicrously skilled. And yeah, some of his production is just New England drawing up great plays and the defense being flummoxed. But a *LOT* of it is just herculean individual efforts from Lewis. New England can't "scheme" Lewis leading the NFL in missed tackles forced per touch by a huge margin. It's not like "let's throw to an immediately covered guy and let him make three guys miss" is really a "system".

Lewis is the real deal. He's a star. Elusive, but still runs with power. Fluid, runs great routes, and is strong in pass protection, too. Easily the best RB to play in the New England "system" in a decade.

Pats are using him to his fullest potential. The fact that he wouldn't be able to do this on another team is irrelevant because he's not going anywhere. Is he the goat? No. But here he is an rb1 and it is clear that the team is better with him. Just because the system allows him to utilize his talent doesn't mean that the system is the thing making him talented

He's ludicrously skilled.

Lewis is the real deal. He's a star. Elusive, but still runs with power. Fluid, runs great routes, and is strong in pass protection, too. Easily the best RB to play in the New England "system" in a decade.

I'm sorry Adam but that's a statement I have no reply for. It would insinuate that he is the best RB in the NFL or at least top5...you used the word ludicrous btw. It is at least in part the system. The OC went on to be a HC and then came back and inserted his offense all over again and part of it is this "role" that they were trying to fill with Shane Vereen. Go back and read some of those threads if you like.

The NE offense supports a WR1 like Edelman, Gronk and then another key receiver whether it is/was a TE2 like AH, then it was Vereen, now its Lewis. he is making plays but go watch that TD play he had tonight, nobody touched him, the entire middle of th efield was wide open, the area was cleared and he ran almost untouched to the goal line.

Real Deal to me are guys like ADP, Lynch, Bell, those guys are real RBs.

I think some of you are way too defensive. I never said the guy was garbage, even identify as an owner, filled out many DK and FD with him in there but to say he is special seems like a stretch to me right now. I wouldn't be jumping up and down if he landed on the Miami Dolphins next week.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

It should apparently last 2-3 more years.

Of course he would not be doing anywhere remotely close to scoring as many FANTASY points in any other offense,, and in most offenses probably wouldnt be fantasy relevant, but so what??

But if you dont think he is better in every way than Vereen, then you need to get your eyes checked.

Pats are using him to his fullest potential. The fact that he wouldn't be able to do this on another team is irrelevant because he's not going anywhere. Is he the goat? No. But here he is an rb1 and it is clear that the team is better with him. Just because the system allows him to utilize his talent doesn't mean that the system is the thing making him talented

5 carries for 19 yards

My league doesn't reward reception points for RBs :P

He's ludicrously skilled.

I'm sorry Adam but that's a statement I have no reply for. It would insinuate that he is the best RB in the NFL or at least top5...you used the word ludicrous btw. It is at least in part the system. The OC went on to be a HC and then came back and inserted his offense all over again and part of it is this "role" that they were trying to fill with Shane Vereen. Go back and read some of those threads if you like.

The NE offense supports a WR1 like Edelman, Gronk and then another key receiver whether it is/was a TE2 like AH, then it was Vereen, now its Lewis. he is making plays but go watch that TD play he had tonight, nobody touched him, the entire middle of th efield was wide open, the area was cleared and he ran almost untouched to the goal line.

Real Deal to me are guys like ADP, Lynch, Bell, those guys are real RBs.

I think some of you are way too defensive. I never said the guy was garbage, even identify as an owner, filled out many DK and FD with him in there but to say he is special seems like a stretch to me right now. I wouldn't be jumping up and down if he landed on the Miami Dolphins next week.

Take away the TD and he had a hell of a game and looked good doing it.

And Adam said he is ludicrously SKILLED. He is very much maximizing his talents, hence the SKILLED reference.

Don't be scared that he isn't a traditional RB. You sound scared.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Of course he would not be doing anywhere remotely close to scoring as many FANTASY points in any other offense,, and in most offenses probably wouldnt be fantasy relevant, but so what??

But if you dont think he is better in every way than Vereen, then you need to get your eyes checked.

I could have scored on the TD play he made. There wasn't a Phin that even tracked him till he was almost in the end zone. You have to take each play individually. Lewis is making more plays than Vereen did, awesome but the system is designed for these things to happen.

I don't even understand why folks feel the need to prop up Lewis. If you own him in FF then great enjoy the ride. But from an NFL starting RB conversation with no FF implications, this guy is not a major RB threat in the NFL, he just isn't.

Posters posted real deal and I guess we are just saying in terms of cashing in FF points in our dungeons and dragons online games? I don't see Lewis as a game changing RB in the NFL, and that would be "real deal" to me. I'm allowed to have my opinion and I have explained how and why I feel that way, you're welcome to a differing view no need to weaken your position with put downs, thanks.

Couldn't pull the trigger for Lewis over miller in time. But glad to see production.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

I could have scored on the TD play he made. There wasn't a Phin that even tracked him till he was almost in the end zone. You have to take each play individually. Lewis is making more plays than Vereen did, awesome but the system is designed for these things to happen.

I don't even understand why folks feel the need to prop up Lewis. If you own him in FF then great enjoy the ride. But from an NFL starting RB conversation with no FF implications, this guy is not a major RB threat in the NFL, he just isn't.

Posters posted real deal and I guess we are just saying in terms of cashing in FF points in our dungeons and dragons online games? I don't see Lewis as a game changing RB in the NFL, and that would be "real deal" to me. I'm allowed to have my opinion and I have explained how and why I feel that way, you're welcome to a differing view no need to weaken your position with put downs, thanks.

How do you explain the fact that he's forcing missed tackles at such a ludicrously high rate compared to anyone else in the NFL? For whatever reason you don't value his skill-set, that's fine. No one is saying he is AP or Gurley. But within his skill-set, he is undoubtedly elite. That's what everyone is saying. NE creates the perfect system for him to show off his particular skill-set, but when it comes to those skills, he's in a league of his own right now.

• Like 1

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Ok, I'll play along. First off, you'll have to define your definition of what makes somebody a "game changer".

Take away the TD and he had a hell of a game and looked good doing it.

And Adam said he is ludicrously SKILLED. He is very much maximizing his talents, hence the SKILLED reference.

Don't be scared that he isn't a traditional RB. You sound scared.

What skills are these? He had 3/54 early, one was a game changing 3rd down play that allowed Gronk to make a big play on the next down. He had the big TD untouched, then he had 5 carries for 19 yards.

I'm not scared, just not seeing ludicrously skilled. Why do posters weaken their stance by trying to use shame tactics that don't exist? It's a faceless forum, can we just stick to the NFL talk on the field? I don't remember trying to make this personal. If anything its the posters who try to attack and get off topic instead of sticking to the actual field play that seem scared.

Jeff Tefertiller has been a long time friend and won't even post in the SP any more because of this nonsense.

People are allowed differing points of view, was a time when this forum welcomed it.