What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How did you do? (1 Viewer)

rustycolts

Footballguy
Of course the team I thought would do great stunk it up only scored 85.25 with my D and kicker to go.Not only did I lose game but might have lost Jackson for awhile too.My other team which I thought sucked won going away scored 153.15.Guess you can never tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey rusty i think you commented on the second chance thread. no wife here yet and wish i was closer to marrying because this week is going to make me puke. i might have played every owner with britt. mendy or vjax are on half my teams.

I took out Nate Kaeding and Sam Bradford. I kept CJ to just 49 total yards.

I kept Eli Manning from scoring.

Sounds like a good fantasy week for me.

I have the worst luck sometimes.

hey rusty i think you commented on the second chance thread. no wife here yet and wish i was closer to marrying because this week is going to make me puke. i might have played every owner with britt. mendy or vjax are on half my teams.
Lol when I saw how many teams you had I thought to myself if my wife knew I had played two of these I would be sleeping outside with my dog Wolf.Good luck this season :thumbup:

I know that its kind of crazy but I was in 11 leagues.

Leagues I entered on 8/21 or earlier 0-5

Leagues entered after 8/21 6-0

Finish : 6-5

Guess I should have started drafting after 8/21 based on these results. Interesting!

Unfortunately, I had Tolbert in a bunch of leagues but didnt play him in any.

I know that its kind of crazy but I was in 11 leagues. Leagues I entered on 8/21 or earlier 0-5Leagues entered after 8/21 6-0Finish : 6-5Guess I should have started drafting after 8/21 based on these results. Interesting! Unfortunately, I had Tolbert in a bunch of leagues but didnt play him in any.
Nothing wrong with 11 teams if you can afford it.Should really increase your odds.Good luck with them. I have Jackson,Moore,amd Colston out in one league so probably toast there,won in my other league.Glad I played two leagues or I think the fun would already be over.

I had the lowest score in my league at 117.25. Had Steve Smith on my bench (who knew?), but even if I had started him, I still would have lost my head-to-head matchup! Didn't lose anybody to injury. Hoping for a turnaround in week 2.

good week for me, won both my matchups around 150pts each team and i left quite a bit on the bench trying to figure out which TE to go with so i'm looking forward to better weeks ahead.

41.15-Tom Brady

09.90-Derrick Ward

24.40-Reggie Bush

16.60-Darren McFadden

17.60-Ben Tate

22.50-Andre Johnson

20.90-Brandon Marshall

23.60-Rob Gronkowski

00.00-Nate Kaeding

11.00-Green Bay Defense

Jackson being out is going to kill me.I have never drafted him before,but had AP and wanted two stud RBs gut was telling me not to do it.Always listen to your colon :yes:

Below average, got pasted by Brady. :(

Picking up where I left off last year with injuries already to Nicks and Dez. I've got the depth to cover for them, but the depth all play at noon. :wall:

Not a bad week going 7-4 this week (could have been better if Manningham could have had a handful more points). Interesting that my one team that is 0-2 is beating the league in pts by more than 30.

had a great week. 9-4.

scores are waaaay up. had 5 of 13 teams score above 170 , but when i look at the overall leaderboard the top 300 teams are averaging 170 a week!

something has gotta give and i'm afraid injuries are going to return fantasy scores to the mean. already suffering charles, austin, hernandez injuries is going to be tough for a lot of teams, mine included.

Managed to pull out a win with 155pts. :yes: I'm feeling fortunate to be 1-1 with my top two picks (Foster and Sjax) on the mend. Hitting on those mid to late round picks has been critical for me.

No need to post score, my season is over after 3 weeks. Wow, that was fun. By far the worst drafted team i have ever seen. I should have just donated my 350.00 to charity and not bothered drafting.

one of my teams (now 0-3) lost by .05 points on the last drive...for the third time in 2 years. rodgers run on 2nd down for 3 yards.

lots of guys like torrey smith got involved so scoring was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down this week unless you own gronk and/or welker.

Been right at 190 every week. Not sure where that puts me overall but definitely starting to build a nice point cushion in my league.

Not sure how long I can stay in the mix. I really like my team's depth and thankfully it was deep. Lost Charles, have Steven Jackson, Ced Benson who will miss 3 games likely, Miles Austin, and Tony Romo. Hitting the waiver wire hard for anything that looks decent. If I don't lose anyone for the year there is a chance to still win the league.

Scored 173.05, 138.3, and have 98 with Romo and Santana Moss left tonight. I'll be 2-1 after tonight as long as those two out score Hightower & Armstrong by 5 points.

Havent been successful at the waiver wire at all this year but so far am hanging in there with my teams:

3-0 3 teams

2-1 5 teams

1-2 3 teams (1 of these teams is high scorer in the league by a wide margin)

The loss of Britt will hurt certain of my teams going forward and Beanie's late scratch cost me a game as well but was also fortunate to win one by 0.05 points.

Not sure how long I can stay in the mix. I really like my team's depth and thankfully it was deep. Lost Charles, have Steven Jackson, Ced Benson who will miss 3 games likely, Miles Austin, and Tony Romo. Hitting the waiver wire hard for anything that looks decent. If I don't lose anyone for the year there is a chance to still win the league. Scored 173.05, 138.3, and have 98 with Romo and Santana Moss left tonight. I'll be 2-1 after tonight as long as those two out score Hightower & Armstrong by 5 points.
CicncyKid - looks like you had a nail-biter last night. Seems that the game went down to the nitty-gritty as far as decimal points going in/coming out. How did the final score wind up points-wise for you - if I can get you in off the ledge, that is?

After week 4, here are my results among my 11 teams:

4-0 2 teams

3-1 4 teams

2-2 4 teams

1-3 1 team (team is high scorer in the league)

this week teams went: 7-4

I guess the good news is that all my teams are alive at this point despite some injury issues as Im sure everyone has had.

Up to 2-2. Average to slightly above average team with a decent shot at getting a 3/4 playoff seed. Blew nearly all of my waiver bucks on Ridley/J Casey last week. Ingram's inept scoring and the Hernandez injury leaves me desperate for a viable flex option to get me through the bye weeks.

that was painful. during the early games i was up in 12 of 13 teams before making it out 4-9.

records:

1 4-0

3 3-1

5 2-2

3 1-3

1 0-4

perfectly distributed. the good part is with the exception of the team that lost britt charles and has austin out, i'm optimistic. newton or stafford are my qb1s on 8 of 13 teams so i've been waiting for the bye weeks. i feel i can continue to score at the same pace or better during the byes.

Not sure how long I can stay in the mix. I really like my team's depth and thankfully it was deep. Lost Charles, have Steven Jackson, Ced Benson who will miss 3 games likely, Miles Austin, and Tony Romo. Hitting the waiver wire hard for anything that looks decent. If I don't lose anyone for the year there is a chance to still win the league. Scored 173.05, 138.3, and have 98 with Romo and Santana Moss left tonight. I'll be 2-1 after tonight as long as those two out score Hightower & Armstrong by 5 points.
CicncyKid - looks like you had a nail-biter last night. Seems that the game went down to the nitty-gritty as far as decimal points going in/coming out. How did the final score wind up points-wise for you - if I can get you in off the ledge, that is?
Ended up winning by 0.30 points last week and this week won again. I thought it was a sure loss when they kept throwing screens to Hightower on the last drive. Thankfully the fumble occurred. Romo kneeling on it 3 times with a .30 lead = a tie. Very lucky to win last week. Currently at 3-1, tied for 1st, but 4th due to points.

Looks like I went 7-4 again this week (same as last week).

Overall the records of my teams are:

5-0 2 teams (2nd in points in one, 7th in points in the other with a 2 game lead- not sure how the team is 5-0 but Ill take it)

4-1 2 teams (6th & 4th in points)

3-2 4 teams (4th, 10th, 8th & 5th in points)

2-3 3 teams (1st, 7th and 2nd in points) -- interesting that 2 of my teams at 2-3 are doing better in points then the majority of my other teams, shows the variance of H2H

I guess at this point all my teams are still in which is nice although Im sweating a couple of my teams

Both teams won this week so I am 3-2 and 2-3.Of course looks like I lose Blount this week on the 2-3 team.I have been snake bit with that team.Jackson,Colston now Blount lucky I'm 2-3. :rolleyes:

my worst week of the season, by far. had to start CJ Spiller, Ryan Grant and LaDainian Tomlinson due to week 5 byes. Picked up Steve Breaston and left him on the bench, and dropped Jason Avant and James Jones in week 4. could have been a great week, ended up not so much. my RBs are absolutely brutal and there's just nothing on the waivers at all.

my worst week of the season, by far. had to start CJ Spiller, Ryan Grant and LaDainian Tomlinson due to week 5 byes. Picked up Steve Breaston and left him on the bench, and dropped Jason Avant and James Jones in week 4. could have been a great week, ended up not so much. my RBs are absolutely brutal and there's just nothing on the waivers at all.
In the same boat as AIU....my worst week of the season. My competitor sucked as well, but still managed to beat me 121.85 to 113.10. With those totals, I honestly don't deserve to win. I have excellent depth, but that does me no good unless season ending injuries start occurring at a rate of half-dozen a week.

4-2 after barely escaping the Bradshaw onslaught. Gonna take a massive hit week 7 as I'll barely be able to field a lineup. Triple digits will be a miracle.

Well I am 3-3 and 4-2 after this week starting to have some glimmer of hope for sucsess.I know its just the fantasy gods screwin with me though next week they will yank the rug from under my feet :P

I've won the past two weeks and managed to hit 4-3, only one game behind first place 5-2 (four players), HOWEVER.....last week's carnage will have an impact as I've lost Hightower, Ingram, and McGahee. Suddenly, RB is a position of weakness.

....so yeah, hoping to hang on.

I am 5-2 and 4-3 in my leagues.I am probably in a win out situation in both leagues with only 4 games remaining.Really important in the league I am 4-3 in because the 8th place team has scored the 2nd highest points by a wide margin so I need to finish in 3rd place to make playoffs.Its getting to be crunch time.

Last edited by a moderator:
dropped 3 in a row, now 4-3 and i have no RBs in the top 25 (how's this for brutal: Hillis, Ryan Grant, Maurice Morris, CJ Spiller, Donald Brown, Tashard Choice and LaDainian Tomlinson are all I have left).

9 other teams are within 1 game of me plus or minus. not looking good.

i need Vick to go crazy and start averaging 40 pts per game or I'm sunk.

The obscenely lucky teams with 900 total points against are really throwing a wrench in my playoff picture.

Below are my records in terms of standings and points at the conclusion of week 8:

Records shown from best to worst with ranking by record first and then standing by points:

7-1 (1, 3)

6-2 (3, 4)

6-2 (2, 5)

6-2 (2, 3)

6-2 (3, 3)

4-4 (7, 5)

4-4 (8, 10)

4-4 (6, 6)

3-4-1 (8, 3)

3-5 (10, 7)

3-5 (9, 1)

Interesting that my worst team by record has the highest points in that specific league (in fact it scored over 200 last week). I guess Id say I still have a shot to get to the playoffs in all but 2 leagues at this point. Overall record: 52-35-1 (59.09% winning percentage).

Sitting at 7-3 if I win next week I am in.
Spoke to soon.Standings in my league are1st place team is 8-2 with 1465.052nd place 7-3 with 1410.103rd place is my team 7-3 with 1384.454th place the team I play next week is 6-4 with 1445.90So as of right now the 4th place team is 2nd seed, 2nd place is 3rd seed and the 9th place team with a 4-6 record and 1385.20 is the 4th seed.So I really don't need to beat next weeks opponent,I have to beat the 9th place team who has me by less than a point.I'm afraid the handwriting is on the wall I'm doomed :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread