What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How did you do? (3 Viewers)

Chad has had some monster wins in high stakes games.I first crossed paths with him in CDM fantasy golf years ago.That is surprising but I bet his teams have some similar players that either bombed or were injured.With some hedging and as much research as he does you'd think he'd have at least 20% in Champ bracket.He'll be back.

yep. make that 1 of 30. 4 in consolation. 25 toilet bowl.
I guess his bets must not have paid off this year

I was about 500th in average heading into the first week, up to 56th now... but I had been relying on a Brandon Jacobs / Toby Gerhart combo as my last starting spot over the last few weeks and am not sure I have the depth to keep up a good run (something like 180+ points each of the past three weeks).

i still think that all teams should start at 0 points so everyone has the same advantage.the way this is set up is that going into the championship round the top seed has a 39 point advantage already from the last person on list!! i understand these were the rules before we signed up but who the hell agreed to this?? that is like a nfl team going into playoffs with something like a 3 points or more on scoreboard before the games even start due to the teams one game point average over the other teams.just my opinion on the matter.but im going to be really pissed if i place in the money but miss the next bracket of payoffs by less than the points that the team that beat me by had before the start of the playoffs started.someone needs to change this maybe next year .doesnt everyone agree except if your in number #1 seed.lol.
I agree big time..and even worse for my team was that i put up almost 200 points week 13 and it did NOTHING for my average so instead of chasing like 5-9 points I was still behind 18 or so when the playoffs started..will really suck to lose by less than ten points now. I am in first place at the moment so at least was able to overcome the 20 point head start i gave to the top ranked teams. Just hoping to stay on top now.. there are so many good teams and lots of games left so its still up in the air. This contest wont likely be determined until the last plays of next Monday nights game NO vs Atl. I have another team like 30 points behind my top team that im hoping to get up closer to the top also. Screwed up making my line up last week or both my teams would be at the top and wow would that be great..still time to get it back up there though! Great contest!

Just want to say that I feel ALL weeks should count for the average not just weeks 1-11. To put up 200 or so points weeks 12/13 and not have them count for your average then be losing by 20 odd points when playoff bracket starts is just wrong imo. that needs to change. That just makes no sense because i had my best weeks in weeks 12/13 when it matters most(playoffs)yet it doesn't count toward my average and instead of being close to even with the top teams im running 20 points behind? Just awful if you ask me. Again that rule needs to change and i would also like to have the league playoffs be a two week TP run off between the four teams that makes the playoffs and have ALL weeks 1-13 count for average score so all teams must play and put in line ups every week for there average score.

I would argue the other way and say that I would prefer that the scoreboard is reset to zero in week 14. The teams that score high in weeks 12 and 13 are already rewarded by likely winning their leagues and the associated prizes and week 1-11 results are counted in who qualifies for the various rounds.

Just want to say that I feel ALL weeks should count for the average not just weeks 1-11. To put up 200 or so points weeks 12/13 and not have them count for your average then be losing by 20 odd points when playoff bracket starts is just wrong imo. that needs to change. That just makes no sense because i had my best weeks in weeks 12/13 when it matters most(playoffs)yet it doesn't count toward my average and instead of being close to even with the top teams im running 20 points behind? Just awful if you ask me. Again that rule needs to change and i would also like to have the league playoffs be a two week TP run off between the four teams that makes the playoffs and have ALL weeks 1-13 count for average score so all teams must play and put in line ups every week for there average score.
It's not a bad suggestion but it's not obviously a better approach either. Of course, Donny's not making this suggestion because it's a better approach, he's making it because he scored well in weeks 12-13. Donny you've got a couple of good shots at the big prize, good luck to you. Hopefully if you don't get it you'll lose with grace.

Took a horrible beat in semifinals by a team that was 5-8, then knocked of the #1 seed and then me last week...he is now in the process of dismantling the #2 seed in the championship game. Luckiest SOB I have ever seen - but he has earned the titlethis year...he could have packed it in.

In my other league I missed the playoffs hwn the commish decided to change the tiebreaker. Wound up winning all 3 games of the consolation bracket to get my money back. The guy that won it was the guy that got the tiebreaker on me - and the guy I went 2-1 against in the season...and outscored by 56 points. He will wind up winning the title - would have been me if I had a better divisional record. He played one more divisional game than I did going 5-2 to my 4-2.

Lost in 3 of my 5 playoff games :(

Won 1 standard league, and headed to the SB next week in my 16 team dynasty league

Last edited by a moderator:
First year in the contest and finished 18th in the consolation round. Zero winnings, but it sure was interesting. I'll be back. :boxing:

Users who are viewing this thread