What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blind Bidding Historical Data? (1 Viewer)

STONER

Footballguy
Was wondering if anyone out there knows of a place to take a look at historical data of winning blind bids possibly collected from prior seasons from this or similar leagues using this type of blind bid format.... simply as a reference for a first timer to this format. If you aren't aware of anything like this, them maybe if you had a team in this league last year, you might like to volunteer what some of the players were acquired for last year in your league. How much did Michael Vick go for in your league(s) last year? How much did a typical WR3 type go for? A kicker? A Defense? Thanks in advance.

i was looking for the same thing. surprised not easy to find in threads. Have no idea what is a legitimate offer and being the first and very important waiver wire, its a bummer for a newbie.

Vick went anywhere from 100 to 998 bucks it always depends on how important that guy is to your team. I took him for 383 in a league I had Kolb I needed him badly. In other leagues I only went 100-200 and lost out others needed him more. Brandon Jackson went for 986 in 1 of my leagues that didn't work out to well.

DF's and K's don't go for much.

There will be lots of overbids in week 1 especially by teams that lost. Unless you feel really strongly about a particular player that is available, my advice would be to bid conservatively and wait for a better opportunity in week 2. Plus it doesn't hurt to wait and see which bench players get dropped in week 1 by a team that overeacts to a bad performance.

'STONER said:
Was wondering if anyone out there knows of a place to take a look at historical data of winning blind bids possibly collected from prior seasons from this or similar leagues using this type of blind bid format.... simply as a reference for a first timer to this format. If you aren't aware of anything like this, them maybe if you had a team in this league last year, you might like to volunteer what some of the players were acquired for last year in your league. How much did Michael Vick go for in your league(s) last year? How much did a typical WR3 type go for? A kicker? A Defense? Thanks in advance.
First let me say that asking what a player went for in a particular league last year is as useful as knowing how much they got paid last year.Second - do NOT go crazy and think one single player is all you need and bankrupt your team - first they aren't worth it and you are going to have bye week issues and maybe injuries to deal with.As far as results, you can search this forum history to try and find posts from players last year.You could also search the theads on myffpc.comThe NFFC which also uses a $1,000 FAAB budget publishes the adds/drops each week on their website and again you would have to page back to last years posts.Lastly if you can't find what you want or want additional information, go to www.mastersball.com, register for free and find the FF forum and ask a question

Users who are viewing this thread