What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

-Stafford owners- (1 Viewer)

Just a matter of staying healthy. No one should be surprised by the talent and he has the weapons around him..

Yes. Congratulations for waiting to take a top 6-7 QB in the later rounds of your draft.

If you notice the Lions as a team threw for over 4001 yards and 26 TDs, that is with Stafford out half the year.

Who needs experts whn the proof is in the pudding? He is capable of doing even better if he is around for all year.

He will be hurt by week 5
A very original post.Why because the one injury that he hurt his rookie year kept happening...good thing people have access to news to see he had a surgery to fix that.Anyone can be hurt by week 5, including you and I, so you never know.

Absolutely. 16 team league and landed him and Bradford back to back while loading up on other positions. This is the year for him and he knows it.

It is a stupid thread, what Stafford owner is going to say they aren't expecting a good year out of him? Face it, lame thread.

Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt all the Stafford owners fluffing each other. Please continue.
Do you have any basis for your prediction other than Stafford getting unlucky the last two years? Coming out of college, Stafford had never missed a game at any level of play, HS through College, starting all 4 years for Georgia. Your prediction is thoughtless and stupid.

If you notice the Lions as a team threw for over 4001 yards and 26 TDs, that is with Stafford out half the year.Who needs experts whn the proof is in the pudding? He is capable of doing even better if he is around for all year.
Exactly, these numbers prove the point. The Lions are loaded and Stafford has superstar ability. If (and it's a big if) Stafford stays healthy he is at worst a top 5 qb with an outside chance at being number one.

Adding to the fluff party, yeah, I'm starting Stafford every week. I fully expected #'s like last week on a routine basis.

The Lions have no short yardage run-game to speak of, so they'll be throwing whenever they get into the redzone mixed with a couple shotgun draws to Best. Contrary to Henne, who lucked into his 400 yard game last week, Stafford knows how to make all of the throws into coverage for his premier receiver in CJ. Stafford is going to throw a lot of TDs just by flicking a lob ball to the corner for Calvin to come down with.

Hoping for a full season to see what he can do.. Have him in two dynasties and have tried a few standard redrafts this year..

This will be the last year to get him late in redrafts..

Anybody all in with Staff and CalvinJ? Was able to double down in two redrafts...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hes a DEEEEEEEP sLeePer. If hEs aVaiLaBle in YouR lEagUe maKe sUre to sCoOp him up nOw aNd iNSeRt into your lineup ASAP!

Yes, but I'm still starting Romo over him.
Are you not in my sleeper thread saying Stafford is not a sleeper, and yet he is a backup on your team? lmaoAnd better yet you bench him for Romo? lol
I'd explain, but I'm only here to troll, apparently. Good day.:reported:
Reported? lol For what I might ask?That just proves I made my point through debate...you lost. you are aware this is a debate thread correct?Thanks for trolling and bringing us all a laugh.

Are you not in my sleeper thread saying Stafford is not a sleeper, and yet he is a backup on your team? lmaoAnd better yet you bench him for Romo? lol
Reported? lol For what I might ask?That just proves I made my point through debate...you lost. you are aware this is a debate thread correct?Thanks for trolling and bringing us all a laugh.
OK, really. Take it back to the other thread Just Cuz, there's no reason to duplicate a petty argument to this thread. Take it to PM if you need to.

Hoping for a full season to see what he can do.. Have him in two dynasties and have tried a few standard redrafts this year.. This will be the last year to get him late in redrafts..Anybody all in with Staff and CalvinJ? Was able to double down in two redrafts...
Oh yeah. Every re-draft I could, and in my fairly recent Dynasty start-up I drafted Calvin at 1.6, and Stafford in the 9th or so. I'm all in, and it feels good right now.

I'm not terribly concerned about an injury, but given his history, I do think it's important to hold Shaun Hill on your roster, assuming you don't have a great option at backup QB. Shaun Hill was no slouch, and still has the weapons that Detroit has on offense. So if injury is a concern to you, pick up some insurance in Hill.

He was behind Vick in one of my leagues and outscored him by a good bit. If Vick weren't playing ATL I would start him this week.

-Stanley

Stafford has some more work to do to be a every week starter. Needs to show he can consistantly put up the points. That being said, this week seems like a "too-good-to-be-true" matchup. At home, against the Chiefs with their top CB out. I'm starting him over my keeper QB Rivers.

i have him backing up vick at the moment...hoping he gets through another 2-3 games unscathed and putting up good numbers, then trade him

i have him backing up vick at the moment...hoping he gets through another 2-3 games unscathed and putting up good numbers, then trade him
Same for me. I just hope some QBs regress and this week one arena league is not the norm when that time comes. He wont be worth a top player that I'd llke to add to my roster.

Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt all the Stafford owners fluffing each other. Please continue.
Ummmm....IT SAYS STAFFORD OWNERS IN THE TITLE! Were you the first in your class?Face it, you wanted to cause some problems in a thread.
:reported:
Reported? lol For what I might ask?That just proves I made my point through debate...you lost. you are aware this is a debate thread correct?

Thanks for trolling and bringing us all a laugh.
:confused:

I'm starting him over Brees this week, and I'm a Saints fan. Hope I'm not over thinking this. I also have Calvin, so I'm hoping to exploit this connection.

Ummmm....IT SAYS STAFFORD OWNERS IN THE TITLE! Were you the first in your class?Face it, you wanted to cause some problems in a thread.
:reported:
Reported? lol For what I might ask?That just proves I made my point through debate...you lost. you are aware this is a debate thread correct?

Thanks for trolling and bringing us all a laugh.
:confused:
Back at ya dude!

I'm starting him over Brees this week, and I'm a Saints fan. Hope I'm not over thinking this. I also have Calvin, so I'm hoping to exploit this connection.
I'm doing the same. I can't really see Stafford going for less than something like 250/2 in this game, and that would be a pretty nice day for Brees against the Bears D, so why the heck not.

Stafford will be on my bench......

Only because Rodgers is my other QB, at this stage I think Rodgers and Brady are the only two QB's I would start ahead of Stafford

Stafford will be on my bench......Only because Rodgers is my other QB, at this stage I think Rodgers and Brady are the only two QB's I would start ahead of Stafford
Vick? I Think you got to start him every single week - especially against that falcons D on turf. Too much upside with rushing..

Stafford will be on my bench......Only because Rodgers is my other QB, at this stage I think Rodgers and Brady are the only two QB's I would start ahead of Stafford
Vick? I Think you got to start him every single week - especially against that falcons D on turf. Too much upside with rushing..
OK you got me there but I just don't trust Vick long term.

That's fine and I can agree. I just have Vick Stafford combo in a league and I can't think of any time I wont start Vick over Stafford. Hoping Staff keeps producing so I can trade and upgrade elsewhere.

Starting Stafford over Romo this week.

I also have the Stafford-CJ connection on my team. Nothing like seeing your score instantly go up 10+ points every time they hook up for a TD. Hopefully that will happen a couple times this week.

That's fine and I can agree. I just have Vick Stafford combo in a league and I can't think of any time I wont start Vick over Stafford. Hoping Staff keeps producing so I can trade and upgrade elsewhere.
Same boat, you know the week we trade Stafford Vick will get hurt though.

Same boat, you know the week we trade Stafford Vick will get hurt though.
Had the same situation...traded Vick for Mendy straight up in a TD heavy league.

People are still laughing at you not knowing what "sleeper" means. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread