What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Homeland (1 Viewer)

Excellent again. :thumbup: Wonder if we'll find out how they made her. You'd think they'd let the viewer know eventually, yes?And yes, the boobs are spectacular. : :wub: :yes:
she wasnt made. I thought that was pretty clear. The necklace the prince gave her was the target so the handler can finance his terror plot.Can anyone explain the couple at the end? Im assuming the guy was a terrorist. Was he financed with the necklace $$? Married to a white woman. Interesting stuff
Seems pretty clear that that's the connection. Right by an airport (didn't catch the city they were in). The wife may not be in the know.
How they get the black limo driver to kill her? That part didn't make sense since even if he's a hitman I can't imagine the terrorists would want an outsider knowing anything.

Excellent show. Well done to set up plenty of doubt about Carrie and Brody. Everything they do can be evidence of either something mundane or serious nefariousness. Well acted, which I was worried about since I don't like the Brody actor, but even he's great. Inigo Montoya was a little hard to recognize behind the beard but his deep voice and even keel lends a great air of authority.

I actually cringed up and started biting my fingernails and grinding my teeth when they revealed Brody was doing the punching and Nazir was holding his head

I haven't had that visceral of a reaction to a show in a looooong time. Maybe first season of Dexter.

Oh, but whoever approved the line "I'm just a simple girl from Sandusky, Ohio" ought to be flogged. Just a simple girl who bangs as well as arranges harems for one of the richest men in the world. Yeah, just a simple girl...
After that line I was like "Carrie, go ahead and use the asset without remorse".
I don't want her to die... :unsure: I felt bad for her, but the whole hooker-with-a-heart-of-gold thing is tiresome.

Excellent again. :thumbup:

Wonder if we'll find out how they made her. You'd think they'd let the viewer know eventually, yes?

And yes, the boobs are spectacular. : :wub: :yes:
she wasnt made. I thought that was pretty clear. The necklace the prince gave her was the target so the handler can finance his terror plot.
yeah I misremembered...not sure why I :whoosh:
Can anyone explain the couple at the end? Im assuming the guy was a terrorist. Was he financed with the necklace $$? Married to a white woman.
definitely the way I saw it

Necklace money went to buying the house. I was thinking about this show before I went to sleep last night, alot. Can't think of a show that I've ever done that for.

Excellent again. :thumbup: Wonder if we'll find out how they made her. You'd think they'd let the viewer know eventually, yes?And yes, the boobs are spectacular. : :wub: :yes:
she wasnt made. I thought that was pretty clear. The necklace the prince gave her was the target so the handler can finance his terror plot.Can anyone explain the couple at the end? Im assuming the guy was a terrorist. Was he financed with the necklace $$? Married to a white woman. Interesting stuff
Seems pretty clear that that's the connection. Right by an airport (didn't catch the city they were in). The wife may not be in the know.
How they get the black limo driver to kill her? That part didn't make sense since even if he's a hitman I can't imagine the terrorists would want an outsider knowing anything.
You never know who actually interfaced with the driver. All he had to know was be here at this time and shoot a chick while robbing her of her $400K necklace. Dude never had to know who was hiring him.

Just watched the first 3 episodes on-demand. Very good show so far. **** Winters is a pretty underrated actor.

My only gripe so far is Claire Danes. I never paid much attention to her acting before but I'm pretty underwhelmed so far. I don't know if she can carry (no pun intended) that character.

Just watched the first 3 episodes on-demand. Very good show so far. **** Winters is a pretty underrated actor. My only gripe so far is Claire Danes. I never paid much attention to her acting before but I'm pretty underwhelmed so far. I don't know if she can carry (no pun intended) that character.
I've never liked her, but she seems good at playing a wacko chick to me.

Just watched the first 3 episodes on-demand. Very good show so far. **** Winters is a pretty underrated actor.

My only gripe so far is Claire Danes. I never paid much attention to her acting before but I'm pretty underwhelmed so far. I don't know if she can carry (no pun intended) that character.
you gripe about everything

you gripe about everything
I don't gripe about your mom.BUUUUUURRRRNNNNNN!

I think the city is somewhere in Virginia. Carrie works in Langley, VA.

My guess is that the white wife is in on a plot to shoot down a plane flying over their new house. The bald terrorist will use the $400k to buy a SAM for the couple to use.

I don't understand the term "made". In mafia-speak, being made is a good thing, like being brought into a crime family and trusted by the boss. "Made" in terrorist circles must mean something different.

I think the city is somewhere in Virginia. Carrie works in Langley, VA.My guess is that the white wife is in on a plot to shoot down a plane flying over their new house. The bald terrorist will use the $400k to buy a SAM for the couple to use.I don't understand the term "made". In mafia-speak, being made is a good thing, like being brought into a crime family and trusted by the boss. "Made" in terrorist circles must mean something different.
The $400K was to buy the house in cash.Being "made" has been used in cop shows for as long as I can remember for being found out as undercover or tailing someone.

I think the city is somewhere in Virginia. Carrie works in Langley, VA.My guess is that the white wife is in on a plot to shoot down a plane flying over their new house. The bald terrorist will use the $400k to buy a SAM for the couple to use.I don't understand the term "made". In mafia-speak, being made is a good thing, like being brought into a crime family and trusted by the boss. "Made" in terrorist circles must mean something different.
The $400K was to buy the house in cash.Being "made" has been used in cop shows for as long as I can remember for being found out as undercover or tailing someone.
TY, that makes sense.I still think the location of the house will be critical in shooting down planes.This show has a 24-type feel to it. I'd like to have seen Rene Walker's boobs, though.

TY, that makes sense.I still think the location of the house will be critical in shooting down planes.This show has a 24-type feel to it. I'd like to have seen Rene Walker's boobs, though.
Of course, that's the whole reason they bought the house there. Although the plan may be more ambitious than shooting down a single plane, or the single plane they're targeting is extra special (President).

I watched the first episode, so I guess the third makes a bit more sense now.

There are some minor flaws in the show but not enough to detract from the overall dynamic for me, and I doubt anyone else would notice.

I'll list them in spoiler fashion though, just because it's enough for me to have to pass them along even though they make very little difference in the big picture.

-The deputy director of the CIA pronounced Korengal as in Korengal Valley, incorrectly

-When Sgt Brody first called home and his wife was rolling around with the captain he was at Ramstein Air Base in Germany. He was in the barbershop, it was daytime. When his wife got dressed it was dark outside and the clock said 8:54. Ramstein is six hours ahead, it would have been 2:54 am.

-Claire Danes character is a GS-14 or 15. You don't call the deputy director and remind him he's a deputy director. Her boss is an SES 2 or 3, he probably wouldn't let a loose cannon into a debrief like that.

-Sgt Brody and the captain are old pals. Brody said, "so you stayed in??" Couple of problems with this. If the Captain was an officer when he knew Sgt Brody he would be in the zone for promotion to Major at 7-8 years meaning he would be a Major now. If he was prior enlisted, I'm sure Brody would have said something to the effect of, "so you're an officer now?!"

-So...Brody and the Captain wouldn't be drinking buddies if the Captain had always been an officer, the Marine Corps doesn't work that way. It's plausible but very, very unlikely.

-Nice coincidence that the Brody's live in the DC area. I thought it might be Quantico before his jog, but it wasn't. Someone mentioned something about Langley in here, no reason he's jogging DC then.

-I liked the learjet inbound flight, that is well done.

-Putting him in front of a podium to speak minutes after he first reunites with his family is unlikely. Works for the script though.
I'd like to see how they open up the show from here. Showtime/HBO usually consults with the military on these shows (DoD has an office in LA specifically for this purpose) and since people seem to like this program, I would imagine they will ask more questions. Obviously the CIA doesn't have a Hollywood field office, but there are many former officers that they probably consulted.

Last edited by a moderator:

There are some minor flaws in the show but not enough to detract from the overall dynamic for me, and I doubt anyone else would notice.

I'll list them in spoiler fashion though, just because it's enough for me to have to pass them along even though they make very little difference in the big picture.

-The deputy director of the CIA pronounced Korengal as in Korengal Valley, incorrectly

-When Sgt Brody first called home and his wife was rolling around with the captain he was at Ramstein Air Base in Germany. He was in the barbershop, it was daytime. When his wife got dressed it was dark outside and the clock said 8:54. Ramstein is six hours ahead, it would have been 2:54 am.

-Claire Danes character is a GS-14 or 15. You don't call the deputy director and remind him he's a deputy director. Her boss is an SES 2 or 3, he probably wouldn't let a loose cannon into a debrief like that.

-Sgt Brody and the captain are old pals. Brody said, "so you stayed in??" Couple of problems with this. If the Captain was an officer when he knew Sgt Brody he would be in the zone for promotion to Major at 7-8 years meaning he would be a Major now. If he was prior enlisted, I'm sure Brody would have said something to the effect of, "so you're an officer now?!"

-So...Brody and the Captain wouldn't be drinking buddies if the Captain had always been an officer, the Marine Corps doesn't work that way. It's plausible but very, very unlikely.

-Nice coincidence that the Brody's live in the DC area. I thought it might be Quantico before his jog, but it wasn't. Someone mentioned something about Langley in here, no reason he's jogging DC then.

-Putting him in front of a podium to speak minutes after he first reunites with his family is unlikely. Works for the script though.
I'd like to see how they open up the show from here. Showtime/HBO usually consults with the military on these shows (DoD has an office in LA specifically for this purpose) and since people seem to like this program, I would imagine they will ask more questions. Obviously the CIA doesn't have a Hollywood field office, but there are many former officers that they probably consulted.

:lmao: Those are like me noticing that they turned off the kicker light on a reverse two shot. A couple of notes on the episode:

- it's getting beyond ridiculous that super MILF hasn't told him about Mike yet, or more that it's being dragged out too long for us. He obviously knows, yet she insisted that HE needed help, not THEM.

- the whole bar scene with Estes seemed forced, unless there was a reason her parntner and boss wanted her to not go home too soon. I half (more than half) expected that when she was cleaning up in her apartment that they were going to cut away to a b/w monitor in some observation room with a few agents watching her through the cameras they just planted.

- I still really like how there's always more than one reason why someone might be doing something. Estes could be trying to find out about Carrie because he wants to figure HER out, or so that he can find out more about Brody. He could want to know about Brody because Carrie is right about him, or so he can give info to the politicos and build up his political favors. Every character has possible motives for their actions, so that even rug praying, gun cleaning, brainwashed (damaged or turned?) Brody isn't a clear cut good or bad guy.

A few questions of things I might've missed.

- The house that the woman popped the American flag out of the window as a danger symbol, was that the one they bought by the airport? Or was it their "real" house and the one by the airport is a base of some sort. I didn't remember other houses being so close to it.

- I had another one but can't remember it right now.

:lmao: Those are like me noticing that they turned off the kicker light on a reverse two shot. I'm not easy to watch TV/Movies with. :bag:

:lmao: Those are like me noticing that they turned off the kicker light on a reverse two shot. A couple of notes on the episode:

- it's getting beyond ridiculous that super MILF hasn't told him about Mike yet, or more that it's being dragged out too long for us. He obviously knows, yet she insisted that HE needed help, not THEM.

- the whole bar scene with Estes seemed forced, unless there was a reason her parntner and boss wanted her to not go home too soon. I half (more than half) expected that when she was cleaning up in her apartment that they were going to cut away to a b/w monitor in some observation room with a few agents watching her through the cameras they just planted.

- I still really like how there's always more than one reason why someone might be doing something. Estes could be trying to find out about Carrie because he wants to figure HER out, or so that he can find out more about Brody. He could want to know about Brody because Carrie is right about him, or so he can give info to the politicos and build up his political favors. Every character has possible motives for their actions, so that even rug praying, gun cleaning, brainwashed (damaged or turned?) Brody isn't a clear cut good or bad guy.

- The house that the woman popped the American flag out of the window as a danger symbol, was that the one they bought by the airport? Or was it their "real" house and the one by the airport is a base of some sort. I didn't remember other houses being so close to it.

That was the airport house. Now who called to tell her that her "husband" had a tail is the real question.. Oh wanted to add, the scene where he rubs one out while she sits there naked was one of the best, creepiest, scenes :unsure:

I think the city is somewhere in Virginia. Carrie works in Langley, VA.

My guess is that the white wife is in on a plot to shoot down a plane flying over their new house. The bald terrorist will use the $400k to buy a SAM for the couple to use.

I don't understand the term "made". In mafia-speak, being made is a good thing, like being brought into a crime family and trusted by the boss. "Made" in terrorist circles must mean something different.
TY, that makes sense.I still think the location of the house will be critical in shooting down planes.

This show has a 24-type feel to it. I'd like to have seen Rene Walker's boobs, though.
Believe the creators of 24 also created this show.

-Sgt Brody and the captain are old pals. Brody said, "so you stayed in??" Couple of problems with this. If the Captain was an officer when he knew Sgt Brody he would be in the zone for promotion to Major at 7-8 years meaning he would be a Major now. If he was prior enlisted, I'm sure Brody would have said something to the effect of, "so you're an officer now?!" -So...Brody and the Captain wouldn't be drinking buddies if the Captain had always been an officer, the Marine Corps doesn't work that way. It's plausible but very, very unlikely.
Wasn't there a flashback last night that showed Brody and Mike getting on a bus apparently about to be deployed to Iraq? And I could be totally wrong but I thought I saw a single chevron on Mike's collar. Doesn't that mean he would be a private back in 2003?

-Sgt Brody and the captain are old pals. Brody said, "so you stayed in??" Couple of problems with this. If the Captain was an officer when he knew Sgt Brody he would be in the zone for promotion to Major at 7-8 years meaning he would be a Major now. If he was prior enlisted, I'm sure Brody would have said something to the effect of, "so you're an officer now?!" -So...Brody and the Captain wouldn't be drinking buddies if the Captain had always been an officer, the Marine Corps doesn't work that way. It's plausible but very, very unlikely.
Wasn't there a flashback last night that showed Brody and Mike getting on a bus apparently about to be deployed to Iraq? And I could be totally wrong but I thought I saw a single chevron on Mike's collar. Doesn't that mean he would be a private back in 2003?
Didn't see that but that might explain things a little better. If so, kudos to the show producers.

how many episodes have there been? I know the new one was last night, and I haven't gotten to watch it yet, but got it recorded. I saw 2 this weekend, but it seemed like there may have been one before those, that I missed.

Didn't see that but that might explain things a little better. If so, kudos to the show producers.
I don't know much about the military when it comes to promotions especially going from non-com to officer but would 8 years be enough time to do that?

That was the airport house. Now who called to tell her that her "husband" had a tail is the real question.. Oh wanted to add, the scene where he rubs one out while she sits there naked was one of the best, creepiest, scenes :unsure:

Are you sure? I know they showed them at breakfast in the flight path, but why did she say "No one knows we live here". And why, when they tailed him from the university, did they make a point to mention that he wasn't heading towards where he lives? It seemed to me that there are two residences for the couple. I'll rewatch it later, but I thought the airport house was on a culdesac and the house he drove past was on a straight street with houses packed fairly close together (though the shot/lens selection at the end of last week's episode could make it look like more space between houses).As for the no humping scene. Almost the most unbelievable scene in the whole show! Naw, I understand the psychological aspect of it but they'd have to chain me up to keep me off of her. Daines' reaction to it was just as uncomfortable. I think she's doing a good job of playing a bi-polar woman in a world of subterfuge and suspicion. At times she seems like she's barely holding on.

Now, does it get complicated with her and Brody hooking up?!

I don't know much about the military when it comes to promotions especially going from non-com to officer but would 8 years be enough time to do that?
Yes. It would also explain why he is still a captain.

Are you sure? I know they showed them at breakfast in the flight path, but why did she say "No one knows we live here". And why, when they tailed him from the university, did they make a point to mention that he wasn't heading towards where he lives? It seemed to me that there are two residences for the couple. I'll rewatch it later, but I thought the airport house was on a culdesac and the house he drove past was on a straight street with houses packed fairly close together (though the shot/lens selection at the end of last week's episode could make it look like more space between houses).As for the no humping scene. Almost the most unbelievable scene in the whole show! Naw, I understand the psychological aspect of it but they'd have to chain me up to keep me off of her. Daines' reaction to it was just as uncomfortable. I think she's doing a good job of playing a bi-polar woman in a world of subterfuge and suspicion. At times she seems like she's barely holding on. Now, does it get complicated with her and Brody hooking up?!

I'm pretty sure they mentioned he has an apartment and they were wondering why he didn't head to his apartment address. They then mention that he stopped to eat at some awful food joint by the airport. I'm 99% sure it's the same house

Yes the flashbacked to him and brody being the "same" company getting ready to deploy.Also when the guy told to tail Claire Danes forget her character name, he asks her if the rumors are true. Was that the rumor of her and the black CIA guy? I missed who he asked about.

Yes the flashbacked to him and brody being the "same" company getting ready to deploy.Also when the guy told to tail Claire Danes forget her character name, he asks her if the rumors are true. Was that the rumor of her and the black CIA guy? I missed who he asked about.
I think that they were involved, when they had the beer she alluded to something about ruining his marriage (or family or something), I could be off base, but that is what I remember.

Also when the guy told to tail Claire Danes forget her character name, he asks her if the rumors are true. Was that the rumor of her and the black CIA guy? I missed who he asked about.
Yes. In one of the earlier episodes Estes (THE black CIA guy) even mentions something about his wife living in Florida and seeing his kids twice a year in reference to Carrie.

Are you sure? I know they showed them at breakfast in the flight path, but why did she say "No one knows we live here". And why, when they tailed him from the university, did they make a point to mention that he wasn't heading towards where he lives? It seemed to me that there are two residences for the couple. I'll rewatch it later, but I thought the airport house was on a culdesac and the house he drove past was on a straight street with houses packed fairly close together (though the shot/lens selection at the end of last week's episode could make it look like more space between houses).As for the no humping scene. Almost the most unbelievable scene in the whole show! Naw, I understand the psychological aspect of it but they'd have to chain me up to keep me off of her. Daines' reaction to it was just as uncomfortable. I think she's doing a good job of playing a bi-polar woman in a world of subterfuge and suspicion. At times she seems like she's barely holding on. Now, does it get complicated with her and Brody hooking up?!
I'm pretty sure they mentioned he has an apartment and they were wondering why he didn't head to his apartment address. They then mention that he stopped to eat at some awful food joint by the airport. I'm 99% sure it's the same houseThe food was after he got the signal from his wife to drive on past, so that was just wasting time. I didn't catch the part about having an apartment. I'll watch it again, probably not til tomorrow though.Another thing I thought was interesting was that the woman seemed to be the "leader" of the terrorist duo. Strange for a such a male-centric society to have the man be the demure one.

As for the mysterious call, is there an insider in the CIA itself? Is the professor being constantly watched by the cell that he's a part of, and if so, how big is the cell? The prince's major-domo is a pretty big hitter with his ontacts both above and below the line. It would be odd if he had only one plot going on.

I'm pretty sure they mentioned he has an apartment and they were wondering why he didn't head to his apartment address. They then mention that he stopped to eat at some awful food joint by the airport. I'm 99% sure it's the same house
The food was after he got the signal from his wife to drive on past, so that was just wasting time. I didn't catch the part about having an apartment. I'll watch it again, probably not til tomorrow though.Another thing I thought was interesting was that the woman seemed to be the "leader" of the terrorist duo. Strange for a such a male-centric society to have the man be the demure one.

As for the mysterious call, is there an insider in the CIA itself? Is the professor being constantly watched by the cell that he's a part of, and if so, how big is the cell? The prince's major-domo is a pretty big hitter with his ontacts both above and below the line. It would be odd if he had only one plot going on.

Right, about the bold, but my point was they mentioned he was near the airport. So my guess is he saw the signal and had to improvise to be in that area. That's why I think it's the same house. He gets the signal, realizes #### I need to come up with a reason to be out here and stops to eat. :shrug:

how many episodes have there been? I know the new one was last night, and I haven't gotten to watch it yet, but got it recorded. I saw 2 this weekend, but it seemed like there may have been one before those, that I missed.
They are up to 4 episodes after last night.

As for the no humping scene. Almost the most unbelievable scene in the whole show! Naw, I understand the psychological aspect of it but they'd have to chain me up to keep me off of her. Daines' reaction to it was just as uncomfortable.
I didn't quite understand this. The first night back, Brody mounted her for ~30 seconds. A few days later, he doesn't want to be touched. Wassupwitdat?

As for the no humping scene. Almost the most unbelievable scene in the whole show! Naw, I understand the psychological aspect of it but they'd have to chain me up to keep me off of her. Daines' reaction to it was just as uncomfortable.
I didn't quite understand this. The first night back, Brody mounted her for ~30 seconds. A few days later, he doesn't want to be touched. Wassupwitdat?
He was pretty forceful the first night. Indicative of some kind of issue. And since then he's figured out Mike was jumping her so that may have something to do with it as well.

I'm confused at the confusion.

At the end of EP 3 we see a young couple, a Middle Eastern looking guy and an American woman, buying a house near the airport. The couple is Raqim Faisel and his "wife" (no idea what her name is).

Faisel is the man that Carrie and Danny (the analyst that wants to get into Ops) follow from the university.

Carrie makes some comment about Faisel living near (I didn't catch the name of the place) but leaving the university in a different direction.

The above would suggest that Faisel has an apartment somewhere else and uses it as his official address so the authorities cannot connect him to the house near the airport.

Shortly after Carrie and Danny start to tail Faisel a cryptic phone call is made to "Mrs. Faisel" letting her know that Raqim is being tailed.

"Mrs. Faisel" rushes to hand the American flag outside the house. Faisel sees it and knows he cannot pull into the house.

Faisel tries to play it off by going to some Moroccan restaurant near the airport and then to his apartment.

There is only one house near the airport and there is only one couple at that house.

I'm confused at the confusion.At the end of EP 3 we see a young couple, a Middle Eastern looking guy and an American woman, buying a house near the airport. The couple is Raqim Faisel and his "wife" (no idea what her name is).Faisel is the man that Carrie and Danny (the analyst that wants to get into Ops) follow from the university.Carrie makes some comment about Faisel living near (I didn't catch the name of the place) but leaving the university in a different direction.The above would suggest that Faisel has an apartment somewhere else and uses it as his official address so the authorities cannot connect him to the house near the airport.Shortly after Carrie and Danny start to tail Faisel a cryptic phone call is made to "Mrs. Faisel" letting her know that Raqim is being tailed. "Mrs. Faisel" rushes to hand the American flag outside the house. Faisel sees it and knows he cannot pull into the house.Faisel tries to play it off by going to some Moroccan restaurant near the airport and then to his apartment.There is only one house near the airport and there is only one couple at that house.
That's how I saw it :thumbup: :shrug:

I now know exactly which timezones are where and how many hours different they are. Also the exact way every branch of military works and which officers can have beers with other officers. Thanks doc!!!

I now know exactly which timezones are where and how many hours different they are. Also the exact way every branch of military works and which officers can have beers with other officers. Thanks doc!!!
I'm afraid that if DD starting watching The Walking Dead his head would explode.

Up to date now. Just need some clarification.

Princes body guard had hooker killed to steal necklace to sell at laundry place. Now where does Arab prof. come into picture? Does he get the 400k from bodyguard dude? If so why the need to walk into laundry, why can't bodyguard just give him the cash? Not understanding this point

Last edited by a moderator:
Up to date now. Just need some clarification. Princes body guard had hooker killed to steal necklace to sell at laundry place. Now where does Arab prof. come into picture? Does he get the 400k from bodyguard dude? If so why the need to walk into laundry, why can't bodyguard just give him the cash? Not understanding this point
I think it's to create a separation between the prince (and the bald assistant) and the terrorist. Bald guy doesn't want to be seen with the people carrying out the plan, so the dry cleaner acts as a buffer.

Users who are viewing this thread