What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Homeland (2 Viewers)

Next week when interviewing captured terror cell members this line will be said...

Tell me, WHO DO YOU WORK FOR??

Not really sure where they go now. Can the POTUS basically control a member of Congress? Can't imagine that is plausible. If Brody resigns, say health reasons, doesn't that blow things with Abu Nasir?Got a feeling we are going to be dissappointed.Brody returning home was a bit sloppy. "I need answers Brody." "Uh...I'm working for the CIA can't tell you anything." The hit and run storyline is going to be annoying too. Will say the scenes with Carrie and Brody in the interrogation room were scintillating.
Loved everything but the hit and run...very Friday Night Lights Landryish....they need to lose that story line ASAP
Wasnt the chick they ran over the contact Brody had that they are looking for? I swore when the did a close up on her face it was her.Screencaps?
I dont think so, there is no way they would actually do that, that would be the death of a show like this to have a coincidence that grotesque
I agree, I never would have figured that they would do that. But this is from the people that wrote 24, right?
Sadly, this whole point became true....RIP Homeland. What you were in Season 1 will be missed.

This thread is like a bunch of women gossiping in a nail salon. If you really dislike the show that much, then don't watch it. I swear, its like you guys race to the innerwebz to compare how much more you dislike the show then the last guy.
unfortunately it's not possible to know whether or not you like a particular episode until after you've already seen it. If only I knew when shows I otherwised like decided to turn in clunker episodes or strings of episodes before I bothered to watch them, I'd be all set.

This thread is like a bunch of women gossiping in a nail salon. If you really dislike the show that much, then don't watch it. I swear, its like you guys race to the innerwebz to compare how much more you dislike the show then the last guy.
:thumbup: I bet we'll see the exact same people saying this show is dead or has jumped the shark back here next Sunday breaking down the episode. Some people just like to complain.

Not really sure where they go now. Can the POTUS basically control a member of Congress? Can't imagine that is plausible. If Brody resigns, say health reasons, doesn't that blow things with Abu Nasir?Got a feeling we are going to be dissappointed.Brody returning home was a bit sloppy. "I need answers Brody." "Uh...I'm working for the CIA can't tell you anything." The hit and run storyline is going to be annoying too. Will say the scenes with Carrie and Brody in the interrogation room were scintillating.
Loved everything but the hit and run...very Friday Night Lights Landryish....they need to lose that story line ASAP
Wasnt the chick they ran over the contact Brody had that they are looking for? I swore when the did a close up on her face it was her.Screencaps?
I dont think so, there is no way they would actually do that, that would be the death of a show like this to have a coincidence that grotesque
I agree, I never would have figured that they would do that. But this is from the people that wrote 24, right?
Sadly, this whole point became true....RIP Homeland. What you were in Season 1 will be missed.
I still think the show can be fine.Yes, they just had a gawd awful, terrible episode. But the show was in a great place only a few episodes ago, and I trust the writers to right the ship. The writing on this show is usually fantastic. Action really isn't their thing and they tried too much of it last night.Part of the problem with last night's episode was that Damian Lewis was completely exposed. He was terrible last night. Time for him to go anyway.They still have a decent chance to pull off these next couple episodes and start fresh next season with Carrie, Saul, and Dar Adal. That can work.Certainly, it could be a sign of the fall, but so far, every time they've teetered, they've made a nice comeback.

Last edited by a moderator:
:shrug: Would you rather the discussion be "OMG! Greatest episode yet!""goodposting""I agree. So awesome.""What about that part where...""Yes! That was my favorite part""I know, right?"

I don't think it's been particularly catty, at least not towards other posters

There's been a fair deal of sarcasm about the show itself,but I;m sure the show doesn't mind

I've been a big supporter throughout, but even I thought this week's was pretty crappy

Rather have some dissenting opinion, humor and commentary than a Homeland circle jerk

As far as predicting what is going to happen next, more often than not that sort of stuff ends up being more absurd than the show

:shrug: Would you rather the discussion be "OMG! Greatest episode yet!"

"goodposting"

"I agree. So awesome."

"What about that part where..."

"Yes! That was my favorite part"

"I know, right?"
:shrug: anything less catty...maybe more about what we all think is going to happen next?
My link

I spent the last couple of weeks asking why everyone was complaining about this show. Now I see what everyone was talking about. That was brutal. I don't even care if it's plausible to kill someone's pacemaker with a password, it was just silly.

I'm gonna withhold judgment on whether Nazir running the show all by himself from a warehouse and being caught on camera is stupid, because it could be some part of his plan or whatever. But yeah, terrible episode. And I loved 24, but this show was supposed to be 24 for grown-ups.

Instead of making a big splash consistent with the m/o the show previously created for him, Nazir secretly kills the president via his pacemaker.

so fn dumb

The show is getting comical, anyone catch the title of next week's episode?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeland_(season_2)

I think the writers just gave up.
I assume this means Chris is going to walk in on Nazir ####### his mom. He won't notice, though, since he'll be mesmerized by the giant TV on the wall.
Notice how Chris hasn't said anything about the bad-### aquarium though? Stupid kid.
2 AQUARIUMS DAD!~@!~@!~

Agreed. Message boards are full of this. I don't like soccer but I'm not on all the boards and threads expressing how much it sucks. It's strange actually.

Agreed. Message boards are full of this. I don't like soccer but I'm not on all the boards and threads expressing how much it sucks. It's strange actually.
What you guys are missing is that the show was actually good once. Like not that long ago. That's why you still have people here. The season started with high hopes. You are being dense about this. And yaying up a bad show is more of a pathetic sewing circle than people critiquing a bizarre rapid disappearance of the elements that made the show good.

What you guys are missing is that the show was actually good once. Like not that long ago. That's why you still have people here. The season started with high hopes. You are being dense about this. And yaying up a bad show is more of a pathetic sewing circle than people critiquing a bizarre rapid disappearance of the elements that made the show good.
And what's the shelf life for this? Years? Yep. You'll see these same people here next year saying the same thing over and over. To look through the LOST thread. It's just strange the amount of torture people put themselves through on a weekly basis.

And what's the shelf life for this? Years? Yep. You'll see these same people here next year saying the same thing over and over. To look through the LOST thread. It's just strange the amount of torture people put themselves through on a weekly basis.
hyperbole

fans of sports teams often criticize the team, but still follow them.

fans of television shows often criticize the shows, but still follow them.

Simple as that. :shrug:

fans of sports teams often criticize the team, but still follow them. fans of television shows often criticize the shows, but still follow them.Simple as that. :shrug:
Okay, but how many men sit in a salon complaining about a tv show?This thread is turning into that salon for some. Only question is if they are getting their nails done too.

fans of sports teams often criticize the team, but still follow them. fans of television shows often criticize the shows, but still follow them.Simple as that. :shrug:
Okay, but how many men sit in a salon complaining about a tv show?This thread is turning into that salon for some. Only question is if they are getting their nails done too.
This salon line doesn't make you look very self-aware. Might want to reconsider.Anyway, yay away. There are others here who love it unconditionally and will engage you. Why are you so concerned with what others have to say anyway? Especially when they're at the salon and you are not?

Agreed. It enevitably happens in every show thread. Sopranos, LOST, The Walking Dead....(I could keep going) of threads about great shows that degenerate into a bunch of people whining/complaining about how good things used to be, the actors are either annoying or can't act, and how the writers (who were once brilliant) are all now stupid and/or must not even be trying anymore.

Complaining about men "sitting in a salon complaining about a tv show" is even more frivolous than complaining about the show. "Can you believe those guys going to the internet to complain about Homeland? How feminine is that? I went to the internet to complain about it to set them straight!"Not that we should buy into the sexist notion that men doing something is troubling because women do it... not that women are the only ones that sit around and complain about things (which in a way was your point)...

Things heard at the salon today: "Is this the dumbest metaphor ever?"

Pretty weak finale to me... ep 1 of season 2 will have to be pretty catchy to get me back on board with this show.
I came into this thread today hoping there would be awesome reviews of this show. Glad I abandoned it when I did.
i would actually say that eps one through about 6 were some of the best TV i have ever seen. Its unfortunate the show went off the rails right after that, but you should for sure watch the first 6 eps of this season

'Apple Jack said:
'Bigboy10182000 said:
Xwe had people who hated lost from the get go in that thread doing the same thing. should have two threads for shows like this. One for the #####es and one for the rest of us who actually enjoy the show and don't need to rip it apart every week.

'Apple Jack said:
'Bigboy10182000 said:
Xwe had people who hated lost from the get go in that thread doing the same thing. should have two threads for shows like this. One for the #####es and one for the rest of us who actually enjoy the show and don't need to rip it apart every week.
well, Lost sucked. so there you go.

'Apple Jack said:
'Bigboy10182000 said:
:cry:

Its funny how even all the actors on the show are admitting the show took a turn for the worse (or as they call it out of character) with all the Action Jackson stuff

Very curious to see what happens tonight.

I think they've usually bounced back after lackluster episodes. I'd normally expect them to right the ship, but I never expected they'd drop a stinker as bad as last week.

Users who are viewing this thread