What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Homeland (1 Viewer)

7 episodes in and it's just ok. Every episode seems so similar. I'll go ahead and try to make it through the entire season. Not sure after that.
I was going to say, after 3 episodes, if you aren't hooked it probably won't get there. It picks up a bit after the 3rd episode but not much more. And either towards the end of season 1 or beginning with season 2, it just goes crazy.

7 episodes in and it's just ok. Every episode seems so similar. I'll go ahead and try to make it through the entire season. Not sure after that.
Blah blah blah. I already told you BE is better.
I like the spy type shows. Gangster stuff doesn't interest me much, but I'll definitely check it out now.
I'm not sure you will make it through S1 of BE then. I love gangster stuff and I thought it really dragged.

And the CIA agent banging a dude she thinks is a turned terrorist, very far fetched. :mellow:
:lmao: I would quit now if I were you
Are you saying I'm being too picky, or does it get more outlandish than that?
A little of the former but a lot of the latter. Most people loved the show until it got really crazy midway through season 2.
Oh boy. I don't love it now. Sounds like I'll be laughing my way through the second season. When people said "crazy", I thought they meant exciting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll put this in spoilers since it looks like there may be some people catching up...this is about season one though

The writers really dropped the ball when they had Brody chicken out at the end of season one. If he had detonated the bomb, that would've resonated for a long time. Of course, if he detonates the bomb he's not going to be in season two...so they find a way to get him out of it.

The writers really dropped the ball when they had Brody chicken out at the end of season one. If he had detonated the bomb, that would've resonated for a long time. Of course, if he detonates the bomb he's not going to be in season two...so they find a way to get him out of it.
I would have been a ballsy move for a TV show and really would have set the show up for a better second season.

I plan on identifying this guy as a terrorist and have him sentenced to death, but I think I'll screw him in my car a few times first. :rolleyes:

It's really the last 3 or so eps of S2 where it goes off the rails. But we are talking nuclear-armed, full-speed derailment over a waterfall.

And the CIA agent banging a dude she thinks is a turned terrorist, very far fetched. :mellow:
:lmao: I would quit now if I were you
Are you saying I'm being too picky, or does it get more outlandish than that?
It goes completely off the rails half way through season 2. I cannot think of another show that implodes as fast as this one.
Maybe that's a thread, what would have happened if other shows "pulled a Homeland in S2"? Bunk falls in love with Omar and begins providing him with inside info so he can evade the gangs and police. Avon and Stringer pose as women to flee the police and take a road trip to Vegas. McNulty begins killing homeless people to fake a aerial killer so that he can divert money to the drug war.

I don't get it. The second half of season 1 was great. Then season 2 turns into a turd? Maybe they complicated things too much and then couldn't figure out how to write their way out of it.

One question, and you can put this under spoilers, was her recent pregnancy related to the last half of the second season?

One question, and you can put this under spoilers, was her recent pregnancy related to the last half of the second season?
I had no idea she was even pregnant until after I watched the second season. They hide that for the show, not part of the storyline.

Basically, the first four episodes of S2 are amazing. It was knocking on the door of my top 5 shows. Then all of a sudden you are reminded that these producers worked on 24, with some asinine side plots popping up and the kids acting like morons. I still think the finale was pretty good, though it also had its issues. The producers stepped up and accepted responsibility in post-season interviews, so I'm hoping it will get back on track in S3.

Basically, the first four episodes of S2 are amazing. It was knocking on the door of my top 5 shows. Then all of a sudden you are reminded that these producers worked on 24, with some asinine side plots popping up and the kids acting like morons. I still think the finale was pretty good, though it also had its issues. The producers stepped up and accepted responsibility in post-season interviews, so I'm hoping it will get back on track in S3.
What did they say?

I'll put this in spoilers since it looks like there may be some people catching up...this is about season one though

This. It went from a "serious" show to more like Breaking Bad...not that its a bad thing but still enjoyable.

I had no idea she was even pregnant until after I watched the second season. They hide that for the show, not part of the storyline.
Right. Good God do I hate it when they write a real-life pregnancy into a show.

I knew about it and was watching for it, and it's only in the last S2 ep or two that Carrie is wearing baggier clothes and moving around a bit less. No impact on the plot at all. They wish they had that excuse.

In the few episodes of 24 that I watched, I hated them.

That's not nearly as bad as taking the climax you were building your first season towards and doing the opposite simply because Damien Lewis won an Emmy.

Apple Jack said:
Aerial Assault said:
That's not nearly as bad as taking the climax you were building your first season towards and doing the opposite simply because Damien Lewis won an Emmy.
Is that the working theory? Oof.

Watching the rest as soon as I can this evening. The sidestory with the daughter and the VPs son is wasted time.

Apple Jack said:
Aerial Assault said:
Is that the working theory? Oof.
Sort of. Brody was originally supposed to die. Obviously, they decided against it. I don't think it was the Emmy. I think they switched about halfway through filming S1, not because of the Emmy.

It was a little worse in this case because it screwed up a great season ending, but it's not like it's uncommon for characters that were originally supposed to die off early to go on and become an integral part of the show because the producers or network realize they are even better than expected.

I think this is the case with two best characters on the best drama on TV right now (Breaking Bad).

Brody needs to die or not be shown for a season or so. I wonder how the show would have looked with Brody's death in season 1. Would it have been better? More grounded? That is why he needs to go because with him, now, it is too far fetched.

Killing off Brody at that point would've been a mistake. He's been a huge part of the show. Lewis and Danes have both pulled off their roles fantastically.

Killing off Brody at that point would've been a mistake. He's been a huge part of the show. Lewis and Danes have both pulled off their roles fantastically.
Disagree. Killing Brody at the end of S1 would have been very similar to the end of 24 S1. Could have been built on for future seasons.

Disagree. Killing Brody at the end of S1 would have been very similar to the end of 24 S1. Could have been built on for future seasons.
I haven't seen 24. I like Brody's character a lot and think he brings a lot to the show far. Remember, I haven't seen the second half of season 2 yet. I could change my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread