What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Homeland (1 Viewer)

The final season. So far, a lot of closeups of Saul's beard, and Carrie's frantic emoting. 

It seems impossible to tie up all the loose ends, so it wouldn't be surprising to see the show just end on a sudden ambiguous note. 

On a sidenote, Beau Bridges is pushing eighty. He looks fantastic. Trim, handsome, full head of hair. He could pass for twenty years younger. 

lips will quiver!

Just go through season one and fist couple epsiodes of season 2.  On the fence for sticking with it anyways.

Was season one the high point?

right on, thanks.   I did get through season 2, which was pretty decent.

I had read elsewhere that season 4 is really good, maybe I'll stick with it through that.
I don't remember at which point it got goofy...but it's not long after or maybe even during s2.

lol... forgot I watched a few episodes of this season with the wife while we had free Showtime (the last 3 before the final). it's just... dumb. 

I streamed through season 4.  The wife did me a favor and started watching watching season 5 without me and is like half way through, I won't watch this solo so I am officially tapped out.

I liked season 1 (very good), season 2 was super boring until the last 3-4 shows, then it got good.  3 was just ok, 4 was actually pretty good.   Carrie is annoying and hard to root for (saul is too alot of times).

I'll preface by saying that I liked this entire series and watched every episode as released.  Every season was at least good.  None were great.

I'm in the large minority here but I preferred the latter half of the series to the first half.  Brody,/Brody's wife/Carrie, Brody's surly teenage daughter---a little too soapy for my taste.

The faults of the later seasons have been well documented here (Franny, Daines' and Patinkin's overacting, crazy story lines, etc.) but those issues were present from the beginning and the marked decrease of the soap opera story lines was a welcome improvement for me. I enjoyed the spy #### and the last few seasons focused way more on that.  

I'm not going to miss it like I miss the great series' but think it was not a waste of my time having watched it.  

I'll preface by saying that I liked this entire series and watched every episode as released.  Every season was at least good.  None were great.

I'm in the large minority here but I preferred the latter half of the series to the first half.  Brody,/Brody's wife/Carrie, Brody's surly teenage daughter---a little too soapy for my taste.

The faults of the later seasons have been well documented here (Franny, Daines' and Patinkin's overacting, crazy story lines, etc.) but those issues were present from the beginning and the marked decrease of the soap opera story lines was a welcome improvement for me. I enjoyed the spy #### and the last few seasons focused way more on that.  

I'm not going to miss it like I miss the great series' but think it was not a waste of my time having watched it.  
I liked the entire series, some seasons more than others. That said, Carrie got beyond my nerves towards the end. I won't miss all the twitching.

Most people on the internet seemed happy with the finale. I spent most of it wanting her to die. I forgot how to insert a spoiler tag, so I'll just avoid the ending for now.

I liked the entire series, some seasons more than others. That said, Carrie got beyond my nerves towards the end. I won't miss all the twitching.

Most people on the internet seemed happy with the finale. I spent most of it wanting her to die. I forgot how to insert a spoiler tag, so I'll just avoid the ending for now.
I really couldn’t stand Carrie towards the end either.

really wished they would have killed off her characters so there wouldn’t be any chance I would ever see Carrie Mathison again

Her "twitchiness" had to be endured each episode.

That said enjoyed most of the show. Also thought the season when the Pakistanis kicked their behind was interesting as the Americans are usually shown prevailing.

Wife and I just wrapped up Season 8. The series finale was a perfect ending, IMO. Great show overall - maybe not Top 10 of all time but definitely Top 20.

I don’t get the Claire Danes hate at all.  She was very convincing imo.
She was very convincing.  The problem was more one of motivations.  She rarely, if ever, was willing to do the right thing...unless that right thing also was what she wanted to do anyway.

There's a level of respect one can give to a character that goes with their own beliefs - against a system or leader - but time after time after time?  Without any real understanding or care for the downstream effects on those on your own side, striving to accomplish the same goals.  You can only screw over those on your side so many times, even if it's for the right reasons, before you should rightfully be sent packing, ignored, or hated.

She was very convincing.  The problem was more one of motivations.  She rarely, if ever, was willing to do the right thing...unless that right thing also was what she wanted to do anyway.

There's a level of respect one can give to a character that goes with their own beliefs - against a system or leader - but time after time after time?  Without any real understanding or care for the downstream effects on those on your own side, striving to accomplish the same goals.  You can only screw over those on your side so many times, even if it's for the right reasons, before you should rightfully be sent packing, ignored, or hated.
I think what they were trying to go for here is what most people in her field are. Some want to do the right thing but didn't unless it helped them. Also I think them including she had Bi-Polar helped play a part in her aspect of not wanting to do the right thing unless she felt like it 

Users who are viewing this thread