What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Brandon LaFell - I just... LaFell in love. (1 Viewer)

This guy has put it all together. Hands of Gold Today

Confident it was Cam holding him back as his routes and catches have been aces

Brandon LaFell caught 11-of-11 targets for 124 yards and a touchdown in New England's Week 8 rout of the Bears.

Both the catches and yards were new career highs for the ex-Panther, while LaFell's 11 targets led the team. LaFell has 30 catches for 461 yards and four touchdowns over the Patriots' past six games, and is on pace for 60/922/8 at the season's halfway point. He needs to start being taken seriously as a WR3
11 for 11.

Stonehands. lolz

Rotoworld:

Brandon LaFell caught 11-of-11 targets for 124 yards and a touchdown in New England's Week 8 rout of the Bears.

Both the catches and yards were new career highs for the ex-Panther, while LaFell's 11 targets led the team. LaFell has 30 catches for 461 yards and four touchdowns over the Patriots' past six games, and is on pace for 60/922/8 at the season's halfway point. He needs to start being taken seriously as a WR3.

Oct 26 - 6:16 PM

averaging 7 targets per game over the last 5 weeks...

anyone else think after that performance yesterday, that increases? they were so in sync (he and brady) it was incredible.

the pats offense has really clicked because of 2 things, Healthy Gronk and LaFell getting the rock

Edelman got benched because of his drops yesterday too

the pats offense has really clicked because of 2 things, Healthy Gronk and LaFell getting the rock

Edelman got benched because of his drops yesterday too
LaFell was doing everything Edelman is supposed to do and thensome.

Brady and LaFell were hitting quickslants in the same pedigree as Welker does... tbh, I didnt think LaFell was that type of guy, but wow...

then he also excelled in the long game, running some gorgeous routes.

I'll be honest, I didnt think his upside was this high, but maybe I was wrong. They looked fantastic together yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Both the catches and yards were new career highs for the ex-Panther, while LaFell's 11 targets led the team. LaFell has 30 catches for 461 yards and four touchdowns over the Patriots' past six games, and is on pace for 60/922/8 at the season's halfway point. He needs to start being taken seriously as a WR3.

11 of 11 targets.

LaFell couldn't catch in Carolina, was that it?

In the past 6 games he's averaging 5-77-0.67 on 7.2 targets a game -- about 11.5 pts per game in standard leagues.

Not sure he stays at that high of a TD rate, but hopefully his targets can stay up closer to to the double digit mark we saw last night.

After seeing what we saw last night, I'm comfortable starting him as my WR2 until something changes.

• LaFell will be a WR3 despite a tough matchup with the Broncos in Week 9
  • He needs to start being taken seriously as a WR3.
  • LaFell has a legit role in the Patriots' offense, but it's not translating to more than WR4 value.
  • LaFell is unlikely to be a reliable fantasy option going forward. He's just a low-upside WR4/5
  • LaFell can continue to be ignored in fantasy leagues.
  • There's obviously zero fantasy value.
  • LaFell has no fantasy value.
Every Rotoblurb on Lafell going back to Sept 7th.

Grabbed him in a redraft on Friday out of desperation due to byes and started him and couldn't be happier. Definitely worth holding onto him to see if he keeps it up. I could see him throwing up a dud vs Denver though, as Broncos focus on stopping him leaving Edelman to have a big game.

I give him all credit. He has apparently developed a lot further than anything he showed here. Sometimes a change in scenery changes a player. Seems to have in this case. Still he showed flashes here and never really put it all together for long stretches so I am still cautious to proclaim him a big time receiver but he has definitely exceeded anything I expected of him based on his career.

I give him all credit. He has apparently developed a lot further than anything he showed here. Sometimes a change in scenery changes a player. Seems to have in this case. Still he showed flashes here and never really put it all together for long stretches so I am still cautious to proclaim him a big time receiver but he has definitely exceeded anything I expected of him based on his career.
ditto that. He has what 4 good games now in 5 seasons. I wouldnt quite proclaim him Jerry Rice yet. He was a whole lot of awful in Carolina and in the first few games of this year. Blind squirrel and all.

edit*** After looking at his stats its actually 3 good games.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Faust said:
Rotoworld:

11 of 11 targets.

LaFell couldn't catch in Carolina, was that it?
easier to catch balls when they're stuck in your facemask

Honestly, what should we be thinking ROS for him?
imo, he's now the WR1 in NE... (which is really the WR2, cuz Gronk rules all)

Pretty damn high ceiling, and pretty decent floor as well at this point
Lafell is a really hard player for me to assess. His numbers have been great on New England--but I just have a really hard time trusting him. One of my vendors who is a rookie to fantasy football has asked me for advice so far throughout this season--and just last night--he emailed me a question that I had a hard time answering. He got offered two trades--both from the same owner wanting a player on his team. The other owner gave him the choice of either Keenan Allen or Lafell in a standard league--and frankly--I didn't know what advice to give. Seems like there might be less mouths to feed in New England--which could make him have a higher ceiling than most give him credit for.

Pats homer and I can never recall seeing a vet FA WR make this kind of a complete 180 turnaround. He was looking like he could end up a borderline inactive early in the season and then everything just sort of clicked. Right now he looks like a Moss-Givens hybrid. Solid WR2 of course like all non-Gronk Pats skill players you run a higher risk of total dud than other teams.

AL Louis-Jean, CB: -2.6

Breakdown: Louis-Jean was no match for Brandon LaFell (+3.7) in this one. After replacing the injured Kyle Fuller, Louis-Jean ended up being targeted more times (7) than any other Bear. The results were not encouraging, as the undrafted rookie allowed Brady to complete all seven passes, for 87 yards and a touchdown.

Signature Stat: LaFell caught 6-of-6 passes for 73 yards and 1 TD when covered by Louis-Jean.
~ PFF

I think Lafell is going to be a week to week matchup from now on. And now might be the time to sell high a bit. I still think Edelman winds up as their top wide recevier but Gronk's reemergence means he is going to be their top receiving threat going forward meaning that LaFell will do well on those certain weeks where the matchup favors him. I don't think his next matchup vs the Colts is a good one for him.

Even though the Colts game should be a shootout. I really don't like Lafell's chances in that game. I think Vontae Davis just proved to the world how important he is to the Colts defense and it seems likely to me he will be matched up primarily against LaFell. Lafell primarily lines up on the left side on the outside which is exactly where Davis plays. The Steelers showed how to attack the Colts and that is through bunch formations and I think that primarily favors slot type receivers. I would imagine that Edelman, Gronkowski and even Vereen will have better days against the Colts than Lafell who likely will primarily be lined up against Davis. There just will be easier options for Brady in that game. I could see a monster game for Edleman there and good receiving yards for Vereen too.

Don't get me wrong I do think Lafell has value going forward but I don't he will keep up his recent pace. He will be a bit hit or miss from now on.

Gronk being back to 100% is the BEST thing possible for us LaFell owners.

Coverage is always going to gravitate to Gronk (not that it matters for Gronk), but it will always leave more space and reduced coverage on LaFell.

Higher on this guy by the week. The bye came at the perfect time too, get everyone back healthy, rested, and go full tilt here on out

now might be the time to sell high a bit.
Yeah, I've tried but no luck. People still remember the flameout with stone hands from Carolina. I got no choice but ride this out till it goes cold.
His past 4 weeks have totalled: 25rec, 327yds, 4tds

or about 6/82/1 per game

He was INCHES away from a monster TD last game, if Brady didnt overthrow him. Had a drop or two as well, but the guy is, imo, locked in as a WR2 until further notice in this offense.

Yeah, I've tried but no luck. People still remember the flameout with stone hands from Carolina. I got no choice but ride this out till it goes cold.

or about 6/82/1 per game

He was INCHES away from a monster TD last game, if Brady didnt overthrow him. Had a drop or two as well, but the guy is, imo, locked in as a WR2 until further notice in this offense.
He will be up against Vontae Davis in his next game. Brady will throw elsewhere.

or about 6/82/1 per game

He will be up against Vontae Davis in his next game. Brady will throw elsewhere.
Ill have to go back and check the tape... But didnt LaFell get his TD and near bomb TD over Talib?

24 targets over his last 2 games. I'll take my chances with Vontae Davis.

ETA: Especially in what everyone expects will be a shootout. Won't stop me from shopping him over the next week though.

Vontae is very good... But this game has shootout written all over it.

And like I said, Gronk is going to draw major coverage

or about 6/82/1 per game

Ill have to go back and check the tape... But didnt LaFell get his TD and near bomb TD over Talib?
the TD was against #29 Roby I believe

Vontae is very good... But this game has shootout written all over it.

And like I said, Gronk is going to draw major coverage
= Big Day Edelman. 12 catches 150 yards my prediction. Add in 60 yards receiving for Vereen because really the Colts are confused by bunch formations which Vereen will line up in at times. Put Gronk in the slot on bunch formations and he will get his yards. The bad news for Lafell in that matchup is he is the one guy the Pats don't move around much. He primarily plays on the left outside(Davis' side) and sometimes on the right outside(Toler's side and he ain't no bum either). Lafell rarely if ever plays the slot for the Pats. Both Davis or Toler can severely limit Lafell especially consdiering the Colts are very weak vs effective slot receivers. There just will be easier matchups for Brady to exploit.

Davis is not a shadow corner so he won't be used to cover Gronk. I actually think Gronk will have a big game there too.

I just traded for this guy. Any new thoughts going forward? Can he be counted on as a WR3?
Will be up and down. I expect disappointment this week though as I have stated before. The top 3 receiving threats this week will be in order. Edelman, Gronkowski and then Vereen. LaFell will draw Vontae Davis most of the game who may be the best corner in the game today. Brady will look elsewhere. Gronk will present a mismatch to the LB's of the Colts and he will have a good game but I also expect the Colts the roll extra coverage to him quite a bit. That will leave Edelman who likely will work the slot to get open at will in this game. In my view Edelman will have a monster game here. 12 catches and 150 yards.

Even though this game has all the makings of a shootout I predict. 3 catches 42 yards and no Td's for Lafell.

That being said, I might try and buy low on him after this week as I think he and Edelman will rotate big weeks.

Even though this game has all the makings of a shootout I predict. 3 catches 42 yards and no Td's for Lafell.

That being said, I might try and buy low on him after this week as I think he and Edelman will rotate big weeks.
4/70 is his floor this game, imo.

If i was guessing... 6/110/1

Can we finally say this guy is locked in as a PPR WR2 with high end WR1 upside?

I mean, some of us have been saying it for a month or two now...

Users who are viewing this thread