What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** The Big Bang Theory Series **** (1 Viewer)

Mario Kart

Footballguy
First thirty is over. Pretty good and glad to confirm the quick draw didnt allow things to happen. Leonard will find out about that sooner or later. The AT&T line was spot on... AT&T sucks. Penny is now the face of hemmoroids.

Last edited by a moderator:
First thirty is over. Pretty good and glad to confirm the quick draw didnt allow things to happen. Leonard will find out about that sooner or later.The AT&T line was spot on... AT&T sucks.Penny is now the face of hemmoroids.
Those were decent setup eps but I expect it will pickup big time in a week or two. :thumbup:

"I thought it was our Indians that had the occasional drinking problem."

"When I was your age, you could have me for a car ride and a bottle of strawberry wine."

"Hear that? Girl trouble. Turns out we were both wrong on that front."

Awesome. And, Penny looking as good as ever.

'Mario Kart said:
"I thought it was our Indians that had the occasional drinking problem.""When I was your age, you could have me for a car ride and a bottle of strawberry wine." "Hear that? Girl trouble. Turns out we were both wrong on that front." Awesome. And, Penny looking as good as ever.
:goodposting: :lmao:

Not muh discussion this season so far. One thing I have noticed is missing is, Penny. She has not been on screen all that much compared to the other two girls. I'd rather see Penny than the whole Sheldon/Amy story. The show is still top notch but needs more Penny.

This is like the new :nerd: version of Friends. And that ain't bad.
Friends went downhill about this time in its run. When everyone began fornicating with each other it was unoriginal and boring. Bang better not follow the same fate. More Penny!!!!!

I'm surprised this show has lasted this long.

For reasons i'm not sure of, my wife watches this show. Thus i've seen a few episodes.

The first 2-3 episodes, i laughed just a little at the nerd shtick.

Then i didn't watch for awhile, came back 20-40 episodes later and realized they are running the same gags with just a few extra people.

Other than the hot nerdy chick who's light years hotter than "penny" there's really nothing particularly compelling about this show in any way.

Try watching it without the laugh track... horrid.

Even stranger is that it made syndication on late night now.

I don't understand most people's definition of humor... 2.5 men is also in syndication and i've never laughed once at that show.

Maybe it's me... but i doubt it.

Penny >>>>>>>> Bernadette >> Priya >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amy Farrah Fowler

I'm surprised this show has lasted this long.For reasons i'm not sure of, my wife watches this show. Thus i've seen a few episodes.The first 2-3 episodes, i laughed just a little at the nerd shtick.Then i didn't watch for awhile, came back 20-40 episodes later and realized they are running the same gags with just a few extra people.Other than the hot nerdy chick who's light years hotter than "penny" there's really nothing particularly compelling about this show in any way.Try watching it without the laugh track... horrid.Even stranger is that it made syndication on late night now.I don't understand most people's definition of humor... 2.5 men is also in syndication and i've never laughed once at that show.Maybe it's me... but i doubt it.
Can you share 5 TV shows past or present that you thought were pretty funny and also on network TV?

I'm surprised this show has lasted this long.

For reasons i'm not sure of, my wife watches this show. Thus i've seen a few episodes.

The first 2-3 episodes, i laughed just a little at the nerd shtick.

Then i didn't watch for awhile, came back 20-40 episodes later and realized they are running the same gags with just a few extra people.

Other than the hot nerdy chick who's light years hotter than "penny" there's really nothing particularly compelling about this show in any way.

Try watching it without the laugh track... horrid.

Even stranger is that it made syndication on late night now.

I don't understand most people's definition of humor... 2.5 men is also in syndication and i've never laughed once at that show.

Maybe it's me... but i doubt it.
I think it's you.I love this show. The nerdy/intellectual banter is just what the doctor ordered in the evening. I love listening to Wallowitz and I really think Sheldon is hilarious.

Good stuff. Just relax and enjoy, don't be so critical

Mayim Bialik has been a great addition to the show. Great deadpan.
:goodposting: I think the show was starting to go downhill a little until she joined the cast. And since they dumped the Pria storyline.

I'm surprised this show has lasted this long.For reasons i'm not sure of, my wife watches this show. Thus i've seen a few episodes.The first 2-3 episodes, i laughed just a little at the nerd shtick.Then i didn't watch for awhile, came back 20-40 episodes later and realized they are running the same gags with just a few extra people.Other than the hot nerdy chick who's light years hotter than "penny" there's really nothing particularly compelling about this show in any way.Try watching it without the laugh track... horrid.Even stranger is that it made syndication on late night now.I don't understand most people's definition of humor... 2.5 men is also in syndication and i've never laughed once at that show.Maybe it's me... but i doubt it.
I enjoy it enough to watch the new episodes, but only a handful of the repeats. And I am not a fan of 2.5 men with or without Charlie Sheen

I agree with dentist. I really dont get how people find this show funny. Kayley cuoco is hot though.

I dont watch many tv sitcoms but funnier ones are cheers, seinfeld, always sunny in philadelphia, community, up all night, etc.

I agree with dentist. I really dont get how people find this show funny. Kayley cuoco is hot though.I dont watch many tv sitcoms but funnier ones are cheers, seinfeld, always sunny in philadelphia, community, up all night, etc.
:shrug:made it through half an episode of Up All Night.Like the others though.

Kayley cuoco is hot though.
ok. here's the thing. i really think she was hot about 3-4 years ago, but has gotten less hot with time.Now.. obviously she's attractive.But she's not "celeb attractive" to me at all.She's the kind of girl where I feel like in a good bar/club on a saturday night i'm going to see a couple girls in Kansas City of all places that are equal to or hotter than her.maybe that's why she works for teh show... she actually seems attainable.

It's very obviously you. One of the best shows on TV

really? if this is the case i'm worried about the state of television
Not just you... I think the show is watchable and if nothing else is on, I wouldn't complain about somebody putting it on but I don't think its terribly funny. To me it's just vanilla. Not offensive but just is there to please the most amount of people without taking any real risks or putting in any real effort for comedy.FWIW, my favorite comedies are, in no particular order: The League, It's Always Sunny, Parks and Rec, Community, and Archer. Also enjoy watching Eastbound and Down and 30 Rock has been killer this year after some down years. Older sitcoms I enjoyed: Seinfeld and the first few seasons of Scrubs.

Not just you... I think the show is watchable and if nothing else is on, I wouldn't complain about somebody putting it on but I don't think its terribly funny. To me it's just vanilla. Not offensive but just is there to please the most amount of people without taking any real risks or putting in any real effort for comedy.FWIW, my favorite comedies are, in no particular order: The League, It's Always Sunny, Parks and Rec, Community, and Archer. Also enjoy watching Eastbound and Down and 30 Rock has been killer this year after some down years. Older sitcoms I enjoyed: Seinfeld and the first few seasons of Scrubs.
yes, to answer MOPP's question:seinfeldthe league (admittedly this is a pretty specific show for FFL players... it's not a broad comedy... it's not historically great or anything)Sunny (admittedly there's a lot of yelling and you have to be ok with "poor person humor" for this show)WorkaholicsCurb Your Enthusiasm

I just don't get why someone would go into a show thread and ask why anyone would watch that show? What's to gain? Not every show strikes a chord with every viewer. I wouldn't go into the How I Met Your Mother thread and say the show sucks. It's not for me, no big deal. Some people like Two and a Half Men, I didn't. Who cares?

There's no explaining why you find something funny. You just do.

Kayley cuoco is hot though.
She's the kind of girl where I feel like in a good bar/club on a saturday night i'm going to see a couple girls in Kansas City of all places that are equal to or hotter than her.maybe that's why she works for teh show... she actually seems attainable.
Kind of "the girl next door" type. Which I guess is what they were going for considering that on the show she is "the girl next door"

I just don't get why someone would go into a show thread and ask why anyone would watch that show?
oh, that's just my thing. i dislike most shows so i go in and express my displeasure and see if anyone agrees with me, or to see how the viewers defend the program. i dislike HIMYM as well, and i was very vocal about how poorly done the end of lost was after some pretty good writing initially

I enjoy it ... it only takes 20 minutes or so but overall I enjoy it for the most part.

It's obviously not in the class of Sunny, Archer, etc but it has it's moments...

My new show, that I find hilarious is Happy Endings :unsure:

'jamny said:
I just don't get why someone would go into a show thread and ask why anyone would watch that show? What's to gain? Not every show strikes a chord with every viewer. I wouldn't go into the How I Met Your Mother thread and say the show sucks. It's not for me, no big deal. Some people like Two and a Half Men, I didn't. Who cares?There's no explaining why you find something funny. You just do.
When Hitler and the Nazis were gaining power in Germany, did the US just shut up and stay out of the way?No, they didn't.I rest my case.

'Dentist said:
'renesauz said:
Me too...but not because of Big Bang, which I agree is one of the best shows on TV.It's the Kardashian/Real Housewives garbage that makes me worry about the state of television.

'jamny said:
I just don't get why someone would go into a show thread and ask why anyone would watch that show? What's to gain? Not every show strikes a chord with every viewer. I wouldn't go into the How I Met Your Mother thread and say the show sucks. It's not for me, no big deal. Some people like Two and a Half Men, I didn't. Who cares?There's no explaining why you find something funny. You just do.
When Hitler and the Nazis were gaining power in Germany, did the US just shut up and stay out of the way?No, they didn't.I rest my case.
I'm not sure which is worse, your case, or your knowledge of history.

Finally a new episode last week. I saw pictures on line of Nimoy with the cast. So why did they only use his voice for the show? Seems it would have had more impact with the actual Spock. I know he's older but he still looks good.

I just don't get why someone would go into a show thread and ask why anyone would watch that show?
oh, that's just my thing. i dislike most shows so i go in and express my displeasure and see if anyone agrees with me, or to see how the viewers defend the program.
Well, one thing I think everyone should appreciate about the show is the talent of Jim Parsons.He's won 2 straight Emmys....his comedic timing and physical comedy is fantastic in this role, with a lot of complex dialogue.

oh, that's just my thing. i dislike most shows so i go in and express my displeasure and see if anyone agrees with me, or to see how the viewers defend the program.
Well, one thing I think everyone should appreciate about the show is the talent of Jim Parsons.He's won 2 straight Emmys....his comedic timing and physical comedy is fantastic in this role, with a lot of complex dialogue.
Parsons seems to have a perfect actor's memory, like some of the runs he goes on and then repeats again without fail.

Users who are viewing this thread