What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andre Johnson down without contact, right knee (1 Viewer)

Horses Mouth

Footballguy
who knows but he's down and stayed down. grabbing right now. no contact, just fell over

ETA: Hamstring

Last edited by a moderator:
I would call it a hamstring... but the TENDON, not the muscle itself. (i.e. typically a longer healing process if torn)

Right where the attachment takes place at the top and outside of the knee.

I would call it a hamstring... but the TENDON, not the muscle itself. (i.e. typically a longer healing process if torn)Right where the attachment takes place at the top and outside of the knee.
Ooh, are we making wild-assed guesses? I'll say it's appendicitis.

I would call it a hamstring... but the TENDON, not the muscle itself. (i.e. typically a longer healing process if torn)Right where the attachment takes place at the top and outside of the knee.
Who knows what the dianosis will be but it looked Britt-esque and that is exactly where he was grabbing(back bend of knee).

I would call it a hamstring... but the TENDON, not the muscle itself. (i.e. typically a longer healing process if torn)

Right where the attachment takes place at the top and outside of the knee.
Not wild.
McClain:Looks like Andre Johnson has a strained hamstring and not a knee injury. Hamstrings have hamstrung Texans since start of preseason. 12 minutes ago

;)

'Redmen62 said:
'BigSteelThrill said:
Anything new to say?

This is a major injury story, everyone was so quick to say he was hurt, but yet where is everyone with the updates? lol

Can we stick with the injury info, we have posters posting ACL that obviously didn't even see the play because he grabbed the back of his hammy.

Take the emotion out of it please. yes it sux if you own him, deal with it, let's move one

Sincerely,

MOSB

Ask Phrozen about it

This is a major injury story, everyone was so quick to say he was hurt, but yet where is everyone with the updates? lol
And you wonder why people jump on you every thread?
Yes, as I talk it because I provide info...What this, me with yet another update?Andre was seen smiling and joking on the sidelines. Also left the stadium walking and without any assistance.
It was a rhetorical question. LoLz!

Can we stick with the injury info, we have posters posting ACL that obviously didn't even see the play because he grabbed the back of his hammy. Take the emotion out of it please. yes it sux if you own him, deal with it, let's move oneSincerely,MOSBAsk Phrozen about it
Easy Joe

Can we stick with the injury info, we have posters posting ACL that obviously didn't even see the play because he grabbed the back of his hammy.
It was hard to tell whether he was grabbing the back of the knee or the hammy. The back of the knee often hurts when you tear the ACL.

Texans owner saying he's "not overly concerned" about it. Coach said "if he's out for a period" other guys will have to step up. Just from what I've been reading on the internets.

In any case, doesn't sound like a season-ender (a la Britt) but could be something they'd be cautious with, especially considering what Foster just endured. At least that situation gave us a general idea of how they deal with hamstring injuries to star players.

In other words...not great but could be much worse. HTH

Looked exactly like when Vince Young hurt his lower hammy in the preseason. He went down untouched and grabbed the back of his knee. It seemed like a knee injury but ended up being a lower hamstring. That said it's a serious hamstring injury that requires a lengthy recovery. VY is just now getting back to where he is able to play, so it's a 4-5 week injury for a player that is not completely dependant on explosive response from his legs. For a WR I would venture that it would be at least a 6 week recovery, but that is strictly based upon what I saw with a similar injury at a non similar postion.

Looked exactly like when Vince Young hurt his lower hammy in the preseason. He went down untouched and grabbed the back of his knee. It seemed like a knee injury but ended up being a lower hamstring. That said it's a serious hamstring injury that requires a lengthy recovery. VY is just now getting back to where he is able to play, so it's a 4-5 week injury for a player that is not completely dependant on explosive response from his legs. For a WR I would venture that it would be at least a 6 week recovery, but that is strictly based upon what I saw with a similar injury at a non similar postion.
That's what I think. It was a hammy but a bad one. That said he seemed to stroll out of the stadium.

MRI on twitter ... Torn Labia ...
What's a labia? Where did you see this?
This is priceless. Thanks for my new sig Skeletore Eh!
I really hope Skeletore Eh is some kid, cause if not, hooo boy. :mellow:
I thought he was being sarcastic at a clearly sarcastic original post. Post of the day.The guy who corrected him with labrum I think was serious though :lmao:

gah... this thread is doo-doo.

If there's any breaking news on this, let's start a new topic and discuss it there.

Users who are viewing this thread