Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aaron Rudnicki

***Official 2011-2012 NHL Season Discussion Thread***

6,693 posts in this topic

Let's goo!

Jaromir Jagr gets his 1600th career point on an assist to an awesome goal by Giroux. :thumbup:

Leafs look like, well, the Leafs.

looked like a totally different team after the first.

Reimer looked great

Reimer looked great
cocky even

Reimer looked great
cocky even
Jesus Power

Pens with a much better looking PP. 2 for 2 already as the new and improved Matt Cooke buries one.

Reimer looked great
cocky even
I did say I liked the pick

Reimer looked great
cocky even
I did say I liked the pick
;)

The new and improved Matt Cooke with the shorty. :eek:

I see Vancouver got rid of Holiday this year.

about ####### time.

it would be nice if the Canucks would mix in a ####### forecheck at some point in the game.

:thumbup:

listened to Jim Hughson call the Toronto game earlier. Now getting Dave Strader on Versus.

Speaking of junior-eligible players who made NHL rosters, Devante Smith-Pelly who had a nice showing in last year's Memorial Cup Playoffs, made the Anaheim roster and will play against Buffalo in Helsinki in a few hours.

As is the case with Coutrier in Philly, I think he'll get the nine-game once over, a pat on the back and a ticket to Mississauga. I think Bob Murray and Randy Carlyle are as interested in sending a message to Kyle Palmieri as they are getting the longest possible look at Smith-Pelly and I'm expecting to see Palmieri back up before the end of the month.

may need to turn to a rookie Erixxon now.

I don't understand how he didn't make the team initially. Was easily one of the best players at last year's World Juniors, IMO.He forced the trade out of Calgary because he was wanted to play in the NHL sooner.
The kid the Flames got in return (plus two 2nd round picks) for Erixon made the team. Horak will be centering the 3rd line.

Sorry to ruin the 5 hour long banner raising celebration in Boston last night. :thumbup: I'm all for celebrating and honoring a championship, but that was a little bit excessive. The kids played well, Sean Couturier was playing a lot on the pk and got important minutes in the closing minutes. Lavi is real high on this kid and he didn't look out of place. He was our best pker all night. And some awesome saves by bryzgalov to start the season, it's nice to have a goalie that makes the opponent shake their head. :)

Sorry to ruin the 5 hour long banner raising celebration in Boston last night. :thumbup: I'm all for celebrating and honoring a championship, but that was a little bit excessive. The kids played well, Sean Couturier was playing a lot on the pk and got important minutes in the closing minutes. Lavi is real high on this kid and he didn't look out of place. He was our best pker all night. And some awesome saves by bryzgalov to start the season, it's nice to have a goalie that makes the opponent shake their head. :)

I thought Talbot was the best PKer last night, but Couturier defintely looked good out there. What might happen if Couturier continues to play like this is they may not send him back to Jrs. and rather move him to the wing and put Schenn at C and then move Matt Read to line 4 and 13th forward Rinaldo or Shelley. Also Jagr and Giroux looked like they've been playing together for 10 years. They are gonna rack up a ton of PP points. Pronger looked rusty, but that's to be expected considering he really didn't do much playing in the pre-season. Probably gonna take about 10 or so games to get him back to form. There is a lot of tightening up the Flyers need to do defensively from both the forwards and defensmen, but once they do that, they will be tough to play against. Bryzgalov looked awesome back there and bailed them out everytime (Timonen too) they needed it. Excited to get Schenn in there and start rolling these lines.

I thought Talbot was the best PKer last night, but Couturier defintely looked good out there. What might happen if Couturier continues to play like this is they may not send him back to Jrs. and rather move him to the wing and put Schenn at C and then move Matt Read to line 4 and 13th forward Rinaldo or Shelley. Also Jagr and Giroux looked like they've been playing together for 10 years. They are gonna rack up a ton of PP points. Pronger looked rusty, but that's to be expected considering he really didn't do much playing in the pre-season. Probably gonna take about 10 or so games to get him back to form. There is a lot of tightening up the Flyers need to do defensively from both the forwards and defensmen, but once they do that, they will be tough to play against. Bryzgalov looked awesome back there and bailed them out everytime (Timonen too) they needed it. Excited to get Schenn in there and start rolling these lines.
Wondering if the Flyers might try to trade Hartnell for a 6th defenseman under 30 and a bag of pucks. That's what has me worried about their roster over the course of a season almost as long as last night's pregame ceremony. They're counting on heavy minutes from Timonen and Pronger and the 6th D-man is Lilja. All three are over 35. Seventh defenseman apparently is chronically injured matt Walker who was mysteriously scratched last night. Oh, and Oskar Bartulis is un-good.

Wondering if the Flyers might try to trade Hartnell for a 6th defenseman under 30 and a bag of pucks. That's what has me worried about their roster over the course of a season almost as long as last night's pregame ceremony. They're counting on heavy minutes from Timonen and Pronger and the 6th D-man is Lilja. All three are over 35. Seventh defenseman apparently is chronically injured matt Walker who was mysteriously scratched last night. Oh, and Oskar Bartulis is un-good.
Getting rid of Hartnell would be a mistake. When he isn't taking dumb penalties, he a good forechecker, a gritty guy with size and he can score 25-30 goals. That last thing this team needs is to trade him for a defenseman who will get maybe 14 minutes a night and probably less in the playoffs. Erik Gustafsson will be on this team by mid-season. The guy they need to get rid of is Jody Shelley.

Did Lucic make it to the game last night? Or was he too busy throwing his girlfriends shoes and purse at her and screaming at the cops "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM!?!?!?"

FYI for anyone who cares. Center Ice is a free preview for the first week of the season.

So what is the parade route through Toronto?

505 rings distributed by the Bruins :shock: Do teams typically make this many?

I love the Kings team. They were one of the best teams in the league for goals against last year, and their two best defencemen (Johnson/Doughty) are just going to get better and better. They also have proven veterans on D with lots of playoff experience (Mitchell, Scuderi, Greene). They have two goalies who could start for half the teams in the league, which has been a kep component of recent successful teams (Couver & Bruins). Up front they added Mike Richards, and are loaded with big, fast, offensive players - Kopitar, Richards, Brown, Gagne, Penner, Williams, and they have third liners who can play - Stoll, Richardson, Hunter and toughness as well - Moreau, Clifford...They've been slowly building and getting better and were in the playoffs last season, I think they make their run this year.

:thumbup:

Fleury in shootouts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Luongo in shootouts.

Eastern Conference

1. Pittsburgh

2. Washington

3. Buffalo

4. Boston

5. Tampa Bay

6. NY Rangers

7. Philadelphia

8. Toronto

9. NY Islanders

10. Montreal

11. New Jersey

12. Carolina

13. Florida

14. Ottawa

15. Winnipeg

Western Conference

1. Los Angeles

2. Detroit

3. Vancouver

4. San Jose

5. Nashville

6. St. Louis

7. Minnesota

8. Anaheim

9. Chicago

I would love to hear your reasoning for St. Louis and Minnesota jumping over the Hawks with them dropping out of the playoffs.

Awesome ceremony last night. :thumbup:

LOVE being a fan of this team. All the pieces are in place for years of continued excellence. :)

Matt Cooke had two goals last night? :lmao::lmao:

Where's Sherriff? He's gotta have a huge boner going right now... :lmao:

Looks like the Caps will turn to Neuvy between the pipes in the season opener and not Vokoun.A little surprised by this to be honest but to be fair he has outplayed him in the pre-season.Also seems like BB is gonna mix and match the lines to start the season in hopes of finding a hot hand.

25 minutes to pucks dropping in Helsinki and Stockholm.

I'm working from home and will be giving the remote a workout.

EDIT: Never mind. Just saw that Doc and Pierre are in Connecticut. 15 hours from Boston to Stockholm would have been quite the turnaround.

'Falo looks good.

(Paging Rud in ... 3 ... 2 ... 1)

Nice to see the Ducks still have no D again this year.

2-0 Sabres and it will get much worse if they don't protect the front of the net

14 minutes into the 1st period and the Kings are dominating the Rangers so far.

0 shots on goal for the Rangers so far and down 1-0 but could easily be 3 or 4