What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 KEEPER HELP (5 Viewers)

Wrigley

Footballguy
I know it's late, but no better time than the present.

12 team keeper league

Keepers values are based on where they are drafted, with their keeper value increasing with years kept.

We are eligible to keep $18 worth of players(keeper value)

C: J Monerto(1) R Martin(1)

1B: L Berkman(2) T Helton(1)

2B: D Espinosa(2) D Ackley(1)

3B: R Zimmerman(5)

SS: Y Escobar(1)

OF: N Cruz(6) R Braun(5) H Pence(4) B Harper(2) J Francoeur(1) M Trout(1)

SP: D Price(4) M Scherzer(4) I Kennedy(2) E Santana(2) J Jurrjens(2) V Worley(1) J Teheran(1)

RP: A Aceves(1) A Vizcaino(1)

Remember 18 total

I could throw Zimmerman back(missed lots of time this year)

Whatcha think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd throw back Zimmerman at 5. I also think Pence is pricy at 4 though I think I'd keep him anyway.

With the extra 5 I'd keep Berkman, Kennedy and Sanatan while also throwing back Francoeur.

Montero (1)

Berkman (2)

Ackley (1)

Zimmer (5)

Braun (5)

Trout (1)

Francouer (1)

Kennedy (2)

J Monerto(1)

L Berkman(2)

D Ackley(1)

R Braun(5)

H Pence(4)

M Trout(1)

I Kennedy(2)

V Worley(1)/J Teheran(1)????

I wasn't originally thinking of keeping Francouer either

but: 77-20-87-22 throw in an OBP of .329.....he's looking pretty good

I'd probably go

Braun (5)

Price (4)

Pence (4)

Kennedy (2)

Escobar (1)

Montero (1)

Ackley (1)

I wasn't originally thinking of keeping Francouer eitherbut: 77-20-87-22 throw in an OBP of .329.....he's looking pretty good
He's still Jeff Francoeur and you're still in an OBP league :shrug:
Yes he is(22 SB's are what stood out to me), and what's wrong with OBP as a roto category?
22 SBs missed equaling his career totals by one. His 22-10 success rate is of dubious value in real-life but it's hard to argue with the managerial record of Ned Yost :rolleyes:OBP is a fine category unless you have Jeff Francoeur on your team. He has to have a year like 2011 to be just league average in OBP. There's no question he had a productive year this year but I think he's a regression risk. A buck is a fair salary but OF is a deep position. How many teams and OF slots do you play?

I wasn't originally thinking of keeping Francouer eitherbut: 77-20-87-22 throw in an OBP of .329.....he's looking pretty good
Yes he is(22 SB's are what stood out to me), and what's wrong with OBP as a roto category?
Francoeur loses value in an OBP league. Quite a bit, actually. His .285 BA is above average and an asset. However, his .329 OBP is average or slightly below which takes some of his value away.

I wasn't originally thinking of keeping Francouer either

but: 77-20-87-22 throw in an OBP of .329.....he's looking pretty good
22 SBs missed equaling his career totals by one. His 22-10 success rate is of dubious value in real-life but it's hard to argue with the managerial record of Ned Yost :rolleyes: OBP is a fine category unless you have Jeff Francoeur on your team. He has to have a year like 2011 to be just league average in OBP. There's no question he had a productive year this year but I think he's a regression risk.

A buck is a fair salary but OF is a deep position. How many teams and OF slots do you play?
4 OF + 2 UTL spots.

He has 45 career SBs, 22 of which came this year.Also, he got lucky to get an OBP that high. He's not a .285 hitter, nor is he likely to repeat in the power categories. If you're keeping him, do it because you expect 65-15-70-10-.310, not because you expect him to repeat his career year. And if this is a OBP league, I'd seriously consider throwing back Pence and taking Price.

Braun ####ed menow what?
Well it seems like 5 is not a bad price... can you keep him at that price in 2013 as well? If so I'd lean towards keeping him anyway.C: J Monerto(1) R Martin(1)1B: L Berkman(2) T Helton(1)2B: D Espinosa(2) D Ackley(1)3B: R Zimmerman(5)SS: Y Escobar(1)OF: N Cruz(6) R Braun(5) H Pence(4) B Harper(2) J Francoeur(1) M Trout(1) SP: D Price(4) M Scherzer(4) I Kennedy(2) E Santana(2) J Jurrjens(2) V Worley(1) J Teheran(1)RP: A Aceves(1) A Vizcaino(1)Montero (1), Berkman (2), Ackley (1), Trout (1), Kennedy (2) - that's $7 of definites, leaving $11 for the rest. I think I'd rather have Pence over Zim, and you can't keep Pence/Price/Braun. So if you can keep Braun for 2013 and beyond at that price, then keep him anyway, along with whichever of Price/Pence you like better and a couple of $1 guys. If you can't, then I'd keep both Price/Pence.

Braun ####ed menow what?
Well it seems like 5 is not a bad price... can you keep him at that price in 2013 as well? If so I'd lean towards keeping him anyway.C: J Monerto(1) R Martin(1)1B: L Berkman(2) T Helton(1)2B: D Espinosa(2) D Ackley(1)3B: R Zimmerman(5)SS: Y Escobar(1)OF: N Cruz(6) R Braun(5) H Pence(4) B Harper(2) J Francoeur(1) M Trout(1) SP: D Price(4) M Scherzer(4) I Kennedy(2) E Santana(2) J Jurrjens(2) V Worley(1) J Teheran(1)RP: A Aceves(1) A Vizcaino(1)Montero (1), Berkman (2), Ackley (1), Trout (1), Kennedy (2) - that's $7 of definites, leaving $11 for the rest. I think I'd rather have Pence over Zim, and you can't keep Pence/Price/Braun. So if you can keep Braun for 2013 and beyond at that price, then keep him anyway, along with whichever of Price/Pence you like better and a couple of $1 guys. If you can't, then I'd keep both Price/Pence.
Unfortunately, each year a player is kept, his value increases by $2Does anyone think Pujos move to ANA will effect Trout?

Does anyone think Pujos move to ANA will effect Trout?
Not Pujols per se....BUT if Morales is back and Trumbo isn't traded and they don't get rid of Abreu, there aren't enough chairs when the music stops.As the team is constructed today I would expect Trout to start the year at AAA

14-team 5x5 roto. Keep 5. Here's my list:

Alex Avila

Peter Bourjos

Mike Carp

Coco Crisp

Edwin Encarnacion

Danny Espinosa

Jeff Francoeur

Chris Heisey

John Mayberry

Eduardo Nunez

Carlos Peña

Eric Thames

Vernon Wells

Pitchers

Brandon Beachy

Rafael Betancourt

Rubby De La Rosa

Daniel Hudson

Mark Melancon

Ivan Nova

Sergio Santos

Right now I'm leaning toward: Espinosa, Nunez, Beachy, Santos and Betancourt

I like Mayberry if he starts. I was also very impressed with Encarnacion in the second half last season. I like Hudson; I've had him for two years and he's pretty reliable, but none of the gaudy #s that will help win a league.

I need to keep 5. Please note there is no value tied to each player & I play in a points league where pitcher scoring is a little ridiculous. Thus pitchers have more value than most leagues. Ill just list the guys who are in the mix and bold the ones Im planning on keeping right now. I can only keep these players for two more years. I can use some advice:

JUpton

JReyes

Grienke

Kennedy

McCann

Sandoval

Morse

Cruz

Pence

Please note I traded away Kershaw for Reyes & Marcum in this league last year and wanted to kill myself. I also traded away Cabrera for JUp & Price and then turned around and traded away Price for Kennedy & Sandoval to shore up my playoff run.

I need to keep 5. Please note there is no value tied to each player & I play in a points league where pitcher scoring is a little ridiculous. Thus pitchers have more value than most leagues. Ill just list the guys who are in the mix and bold the ones Im planning on keeping right now. I can only keep these players for two more years. I can use some advice:

JUpton

JReyes

Grienke

Kennedy

McCann

Sandoval

Morse

Cruz

Pence

Please note I traded away Kershaw for Reyes & Marcum in this league last year and wanted to kill myself. I also traded away Cabrera for JUp & Price and then turned around and traded away Price for Kennedy & Sandoval to shore up my playoff run.
I think you have the right five guys picked.

Protect 2 of 3:

5x5 roto:

Profar

Machado

Arrenado

I am leaning Profar and Arrenado (after what he did this fall)

thoughts?

H2h 12 Team. Keep 6

M. Cabrera

J. Upton

A. McCutchen

D. Jennings

C. Crawford

E. Hosmer

M. Wieters

H. Kendrick

Cliff Lee

A. Wainwright

J. Garcia

Protect 2 of 3:5x5 roto:ProfarMachadoArrenadoI am leaning Profar and Arrenado (after what he did this fall)thoughts?
Presumably long term keeper league with minor league draft......and no salaries involvedI would keep Arenado and MachadoArenado is clearly #1 - he will have a chance to make the Rockies out of spring training and that will only happen if he is going to play 3B everyday (Casey Blake ain't blocking his path)As far as the shortstops, I like Machado better as a hitter but say you call them even.Who has the tougher path to the majors?Machado to replace a 29 year old J.J. Hardy? (for a losing Baltimore team where the fans would love to cheer for a young star)Profar to replace a 23 year old Elvis Andrus? (where the team is set to compete for several years)

Protect 2 of 3:5x5 roto:ProfarMachadoArrenadoI am leaning Profar and Arrenado (after what he did this fall)thoughts?
Presumably long term keeper league with minor league draft......and no salaries involvedI would keep Arenado and MachadoArenado is clearly #1 - he will have a chance to make the Rockies out of spring training and that will only happen if he is going to play 3B everyday (Casey Blake ain't blocking his path)As far as the shortstops, I like Machado better as a hitter but say you call them even.Who has the tougher path to the majors?Machado to replace a 29 year old J.J. Hardy? (for a losing Baltimore team where the fans would love to cheer for a young star)Profar to replace a 23 year old Elvis Andrus? (where the team is set to compete for several years)
Thanks!

H2h 12 Team. Keep 6

M. Cabrera

J. Upton

A. McCutchen

D. Jennings

C. Crawford

E. Hosmer

M. Wieters

H. Kendrick

Cliff Lee

A. Wainwright

J. Garcia
Great Problem to have.. I go with these, but arguments can also be made for just about everyone. I view Kendrick and Garcia as the weakest selections of the bunch.

'DMXATF23 said:
H2h 12 Team. Keep 6M. CabreraJ. UptonA. McCutchenD. JenningsC. CrawfordE. HosmerM. WietersH. KendrickCliff LeeA. WainwrightJ. Garcia
No details on league size or starting lineupsI read later posts and you say choice is Hosmer,Crawford, or WietersFor keeper leagues Hosmer is the clear choice IMO (especially in one catcher leagues)

I'm in a 10 team h2h league and we're switching to keeping 1 player this year. We can keep a guy based on where we drafted him. I have 2 choices....

1 - Keep Pujols and give up my 1st round pick.....not sure what draft order is yet so this could be pretty good value if I end up picking 10th. Uber-elite power/BA numbers are hard to come by.

2 - Keep J Upton and give up my 5th rounder....I see ADP's with Upton in the 1st so this would be really good value. And I would keep my 1st round pick.

I'm in a 10 team h2h league and we're switching to keeping 1 player this year. We can keep a guy based on where we drafted him. I have 2 choices....1 - Keep Pujols and give up my 1st round pick.....not sure what draft order is yet so this could be pretty good value if I end up picking 10th. Uber-elite power/BA numbers are hard to come by.2 - Keep J Upton and give up my 5th rounder....I see ADP's with Upton in the 1st so this would be really good value. And I would keep my 1st round pick.
Keeping Upton is the slam dunk choice here. Not even much to think about, as far as I'm concerned.

14-team 5x5 roto. Keep 5. Here's my list:Alex AvilaPeter BourjosMike CarpCoco CrispEdwin EncarnacionDanny EspinosaJeff FrancoeurChris HeiseyJohn MayberryEduardo NunezCarlos PeñaEric ThamesVernon Wells PitchersBrandon BeachyRafael BetancourtRubby De La RosaDaniel HudsonMark MelanconIvan NovaSergio SantosRight now I'm leaning toward: Espinosa, Nunez, Beachy, Santos and BetancourtI like Mayberry if he starts. I was also very impressed with Encarnacion in the second half last season. I like Hudson; I've had him for two years and he's pretty reliable, but none of the gaudy #s that will help win a league.
I've already completely changed my mind. Looking at going with Santos, Betancourt, Beachy, Hudson and Vernon Wells. I still like Nunez, if he has a role that'll get him 450-500 ABs.

I'm in a 10 team h2h league and we're switching to keeping 1 player this year. We can keep a guy based on where we drafted him. I have 2 choices....1 - Keep Pujols and give up my 1st round pick.....not sure what draft order is yet so this could be pretty good value if I end up picking 10th. Uber-elite power/BA numbers are hard to come by.2 - Keep J Upton and give up my 5th rounder....I see ADP's with Upton in the 1st so this would be really good value. And I would keep my 1st round pick.
Keeping Upton is the slam dunk choice here. Not even much to think about, as far as I'm concerned.
Agreed. I think Upton has to be the choice here.

14-team 5x5 roto. Keep 5. Here's my list:Alex AvilaPeter BourjosMike CarpCoco CrispEdwin EncarnacionDanny EspinosaJeff FrancoeurChris HeiseyJohn MayberryEduardo NunezCarlos PeñaEric ThamesVernon Wells PitchersBrandon BeachyRafael BetancourtRubby De La RosaDaniel HudsonMark MelanconIvan NovaSergio SantosRight now I'm leaning toward: Espinosa, Nunez, Beachy, Santos and BetancourtI like Mayberry if he starts. I was also very impressed with Encarnacion in the second half last season. I like Hudson; I've had him for two years and he's pretty reliable, but none of the gaudy #s that will help win a league.
I've already completely changed my mind. Looking at going with Santos, Betancourt, Beachy, Hudson and Vernon Wells. I still like Nunez, if he has a role that'll get him 450-500 ABs.
I'd go Avila, Espinosa, Hudson, Nova, Santos.

Agreed. I think Upton has to be the choice here.
Depends to me on whether he can keep Upton in perpetuity as a 5th rounder. If there is some escalation from year to year I think its alot closer.

10 team AL only 5X5 (OBP, not BA) $260 cap 7 keepers

The 5 guys highlighted are penciled in already. Curious if anyone has issues with these 5, but I'm more interested who you would fill in at the last 2.

2 Avila

10 Bautista

18 Mike Young

19 Kornerko

1 Hafner

25 Ellsburry

27 Beckett

18 Pineda

13 D Bard

11 Bailey

10 team 5X5 roto. We start 2 at each INF position and 5 OF. No UTIL. Keep 3 players, but the catch is you can only keep players for one year. Last year I kept Halladay, Hamilton, and Youkilis so I have to throw them back. This year I have Kemp as a no-brainer. I also have Hamels, who I am pretty sold on keeping. I am leaning towards Hosmer as my #3. Anyone disagree?

M Olivo

J Montero

E Hosmer

P Konerko

K Youkilis

R Andino

A Hill

H Kendrick

C McGehee

D Viciedo

I Desmond

J Lowrie

A Escobar

M Kemp

C Beltran

J Hamilton

J Damon

M Holliday

L Morrison

J Hellickson

R Halladay

R Oswalt

C Hamels

V Worley

I Kennedy

D Hudson

D Storen

R Madson

'Matthias said:
10 team 5X5 roto. We start 2 at each INF position and 5 OF. No UTIL. Keep 3 players, but the catch is you can only keep players for one year. Last year I kept Halladay, Hamilton, and Youkilis so I have to throw them back. This year I have Kemp as a no-brainer. I also have Hamels, who I am pretty sold on keeping. I am leaning towards Hosmer as my #3. Anyone disagree?
Hosmer > Holliday? :no:
I admit, I have a decent sized man-crush on Hosmer. I'm also kinda down on Holliday. Seems lately that he's always dinged and I think his production is sure to take a hit sans Pujols. The fact that I'm already keeping an OF is factoring in as well. There aren't going to be many stud 1B's to draft by the looks of things.

'Matthias said:

The 5 guys highlighted are penciled in already. Curious if anyone has issues with these 5, but I'm more interested who you would fill in at the last 2.

2 Avila

10 Bautista

18 Mike Young

19 Kornerko

1 Hafner

25 Ellsburry

27 Beckett

18 Pineda

13 D Bard

11 Bailey
Beckett and either Young or Konerko
Thanks.Verlander, CC, Haren and King Felix are all available in the draft, but Aces go for big bucks in my Legg. I hate to pay the $27 for Beckett, but it keeps me out of the Ace market.

I'm leaning Korky over Young. Young is very well rounded but the only guys left in the draft that have a realistic shot at 30 bombs are Pujols, Prince, Reynolds and Beltre. I guess what I'm saying is there is a premium on power.

I'll be spending more then 8 teams by my projections but nobody has my tallent and I'm not forced to get into any bidding wars. That in it's self makes spending the money pre drat worth it IMHO.

'Matthias said:

2 Avila

10 Bautista

18 Mike Young

19 Kornerko

1 Hafner

25 Ellsburry

27 Beckett

18 Pineda

13 D Bard

11 Bailey
Beckett and either Young or Konerko
Thanks.Verlander, CC, Haren and King Felix are all available in the draft, but Aces go for big bucks in my Legg. I hate to pay the $27 for Beckett, but it keeps me out of the Ace market.

I'm leaning Korky over Young. Young is very well rounded but the only guys left in the draft that have a realistic shot at 30 bombs are Pujols, Prince, Reynolds and Beltre. I guess what I'm saying is there is a premium on power.

I'll be spending more then 8 teams by my projections but nobody has my tallent and I'm not forced to get into any bidding wars. That in it's self makes spending the money pre drat worth it IMHO.
Verlander, CC, Haren and King Felix are all available in the draft, but Aces go for big bucks in my Legg. I hate to pay the $27 for Beckett, but it keeps me out of the Ace marketThis is very poor thinking and saddles you with overpaying for Beckett who is NOT an ace. I would rather pay more to get more.

'Matthias said:
'Man In The Box said:
'Matthias said:
'Man In The Box said:
Hosmer > Holliday? :no:
I admit, I have a decent sized man-crush on Hosmer. I'm also kinda down on Holliday. Seems lately that he's always dinged and I think his production is sure to take a hit sans Pujols. The fact that I'm already keeping an OF is factoring in as well. There aren't going to be many stud 1B's to draft by the looks of things.
Yah, but keeper decisions always have 2 dimensions.1: What players are going to perform the best?2: What would I have to give up to get back the players I release?I haven't thought too hard on how your settings jimmy with rankings, but my guess is that even if you think Hosmer is a better bet for this year, you could get him back 2 or more rounds after you could get Holliday. So your re-acquisition price is lower. If nothing else, you can always flip Holliday to someone else who is a believer once the draft is done.FWIW, I think 1b is pretty deep this year. You're only going 20 down versus 50 OFers and Hosmer is much closer to replacement with that than Holliday is.
Holliday is definitely on the decline and since he doesn't run anymore, he'll bore you to tears. For 2012 and beyond I'd go Hosmer.

Nova over Beachy? I can't do that.

Nova over Beachy? I can't do that.
you shouldnt, but you could.

Users who are viewing this thread