What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

American Horror Story: Hotel (Season 5) (1 Viewer)

Kenny Powers

Footballguy
Anybody watching this tonight? FX has a good enough track record with shows that I gotta give it a chance, and this is the time of year where I like watching horror/scary stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was planning on starting a thread for this. The promos during the summer were intriguing. Now that I've actually seen some snippets of the actors and the plot I'm less intrigued.

In so far

and out. Gratuitous swearing after 10 doesn't do it for me. Every other word doesn't need to be ####.

a mess. terrible pacing, gratuitous/indulgent editing and camera-work. story-line all over the place and rushed. too much of Dermot's ###. doubt I'll follow up with it, unless I hear that it gets significantly better.

I thought it was the best new show on this year. Little disappointed that the nudity was Dylan as opposed to Connie, but whatever.

Possibly the worst marketing for a TV show...ever. I have no idea what it's about...nor do I care. I dude hanging upside down in black leather?

'JbizzleMan said:
Possibly the worst marketing for a TV show...ever. I have no idea what it's about...nor do I care. I dude hanging upside down in black leather?
That was my take as well. All those damn commercials did was make me NOT want to watch.

'OddibeMcD said:
'Shrugs said:
'OddibeMcD said:
I thought it was the best new show on this year.
Would you mind putting this in your sig so I know to ignore your opinions in the future?
What's better? Pan AM? Terra Nova? There isn't much note-worthy about this season's premieres. At least AHS has potential.
I like Up All Night.

'Shrugs said:
'OddibeMcD said:
Would you mind putting this in your sig so I know to ignore your opinions in the future?
I DVR'd AHS, is it really that bad?

I liked it :shrug:

Nothing else even close to watch that night/time slot. Maybe you guys missed the young maid scenes? Maybe it tries too hard sometimes to scare you, but that's fine. Lots of back story going on.

Nothing else even close to watch that night/time slot. Maybe you guys missed the young maid scenes? Maybe it tries too hard sometimes to scare you, but that's fine. Lots of back story going on.
The pilot introduced too many characters. They should have spread that out over the next few episodes. I thought it was OK but I don't know how long a haunted house series can last. The "WHY DON'T YOU JUST MOVE OUT?" question is going to weigh heavily soon.

The pilot introduced too many characters. They should have spread that out over the next few episodes. I thought it was OK but I don't know how long a haunted house series can last. The "WHY DON'T YOU JUST MOVE OUT?" question is going to weigh heavily soon.
I agree that the daughter's problems should have been saved for a later episode and they went too heavy handed with the house's curses in the first episode. You already have Dylan sleep-burning, Connie banging the gimp and the daughter having not only school problems, not only cutting problems, but basement-demon problems as well. A 13 episode run is enough to tell the family's story. Not sure how they will get more than one season out of this story arch.

brutal. when i saw the nip/tuck commonality i knew it would have shock and shlock just for the sake of it. if i want to watch david schwimmer rub one out or a french maid with her clothes on be naughty i can just grab some pr0n i suppose. i liken watching a guys ### for 1 hour like watching blue schlong in watchmen.

highlight for me is obviously downy girl, she's a star and needs to be in more scenes, but i might be in the minority.

i'll stick to american dad reruns on adult swim thank you.

there, i said it.

:hot:

'JbizzleMan said:
One of the old NYPD Blue shows had a guy dying from autoasphyxiation like this. He was a friend of some gal who had the hots for Sipowicz and who wore a scuba suit under her clothes to work one day.

I didn't hate it. very strange, and they didn't have to expose EVERY creepy thing about the house in the first damn episode, but I'll give it a few more looks. the young redhead maid is HAWT!

and is it just me, or were the twins from 1978 dead ringers for the Shermanator?

I didn't hate it. very strange, and they didn't have to expose EVERY creepy thing about the house in the first damn episode, but I'll give it a few more looks. the young redhead maid is HAWT!and is it just me, or were the twins from 1978 dead ringers for the Shermanator?
Read a review that called them the anti-Weasleys. That seemed apropos.

Yep. Too much, too soon.

'OddibeMcD said:
'Shrugs said:
'OddibeMcD said:
What's better? Pan AM? Terra Nova? There isn't much note-worthy about this season's premieres. At least AHS has potential.
Homeland on Showtime.

Yep. Too much, too soon.
Exactly. I really wanted to like it. But in any successful haunted house story, you've got to build the suspense a bit. Going full-on Twin Peaks finale in the pilot episode was a horrible move. Still, Connie Britton getting impregnated by the gimp will be enough to get me to tune in to episode 2.

Yep. Too much, too soon.
Exactly. I really wanted to like it. But in any successful haunted house story, you've got to build the suspense a bit. Going full-on Twin Peaks finale in the pilot episode was a horrible move. Still, Connie Britton getting impregnated by the gimp will be enough to get me to tune in to episode 2.
When I watched promos for the show, I really thought it was going to be a horror anthology show. Because there were so many weird things that seemed to be from different stories. Instead, they're just glomming it all into one haunted house story. Considering this is from the guys who gave us Nip/Tuck and Glee, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at the "throw everything against the wall and see what sticks" method.It definitely has the Eddie Murphy problem. "Too bad we can't stay!"

Yep. Too much, too soon.
When I watched promos for the show, I really thought it was going to be a horror anthology show. Because there were so many weird things that seemed to be from different stories. Instead, they're just glomming it all into one haunted house story. Considering this is from the guys who gave us Nip/Tuck and Glee, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at the "throw everything against the wall and see what sticks" method.It definitely has the Eddie Murphy problem. "Too bad we can't stay!"
Right. I can't even keep it all straight. There's a demon baby in the basement, right? And then there's the two-face maid. I guess she's a ghost. We've got the gimp. The neighbor lady and her ageless down daughter are also spirits I guess. Them there's the kid in therapy. Is he a real kid? (And why does the therapist appear to only have one patient?)

I thought it was the best new show on this year. Little disappointed that the nudity was Dylan as opposed to Connie, but whatever.
:goodposting: I love creepy, scary shows. After seeing gratuitous McDermott ###, my wife was sold. I kept hoping the male audience would get thrown a bone...no luck. :no:

Users who are viewing this thread