What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dorial Green-Beckham (2 Viewers)

Paul Kuharsky@PaulKuharskyNFL 8h8 hours ago

.@1kendallwright loves @realdgb, says wants rookie to get in shape like he had to do as rookie. Down to 225 or 230 be 'unstoppable' #Titans
"says wants rookie to get in shape like he had to do as a rookie. Down to 225 or 230 ..."

Like he had to do for the NFL combine also, but didn't. This is why I'll probably pass on DGB, not self motivated.
I agree with you. It isn't that he can't be good, but so many posts in here about how he has top tier talent and he just has to get his head on straight. I think there is a big assumption that he really does have top tier NFL talent.

Can't be good for a kid that has character issues to be popping red flags already. I think he's now well below the Agholor/Perriman tier. In fact, I think I'd rather Dorsett too. I have him right in there with Funchess.

Can't be good for a kid that has character issues to be popping red flags already. I think he's now well below the Agholor/Perriman tier. In fact, I think I'd rather Dorsett too. I have him right in there with Funchess.
Well it's somewhat common in the NFL as long as a team has a vocal WR coach. Some rooks have this "hey I'm here" mindset like they're gracing the world with their presence and the WR coach loudly reminds them to "move it" and hustle and work hard. I wonder about that hamstring strain and if it's real or geesh these guys are working me hard.

McBride came in great shape and worked hard and there's zero mention that Jefferson got on him at all. Ya gotta figure DGB noticed.

Hunter did not become Britt II and there were Titans fans scared of that. He has never been the arrest type trouble. The worst Hunter has done is dog it on a play where he's a decoy or dog it in drills and he's heard it. I think the beginning of camp is DGB meet Jefferson time. Thursday he leaves for the rookie symposium stuff and maybe the young guy whines to other rookie wideouts and they tell him they had to work hard too and geesh the NFL is hard or whatever conversation takes place.

Stoops has some tough workouts people write about. He would have booted DGB if he dogged it. DGB can put forth the effort and has. I think it's becoming a millionaire and they just need to be corrected.

He didn't know the small group of plays (nor that it was small, which was kind of funny-yep NFL is huge playbook) and was offsides too much day one of rookie minicamp but there weren't articles of him performing poorly after that first day.

I hate primadonna WRs but I can handle a day or two oops I had better hustle now type experience. As long as DGB moves his tail today and doesn't hear it from Jefferson, I'll just think of it as part of a rook learning. Jefferson being arguably the loudest WR coach in the NFL is great for FF because we will know exactly how the coaches feel about DGB's work ethic.

DGBs other problem is Hunter has come into camp in awesome shape and he's the guy that DGB has to beat out. The focus of the media has even switched from Hunter to DGB. You wanna start? beat him out. He's also tall, also fast, also has incredible ups, also was a high draft pick- beat him out.

We'll see how he does today and the day after this rookie symposium. Hopefully this is just his realization that the NFL is loaded with talent and that he has to work for a living.

DGB got some love from Whisenhunt but it also came out that the hammy flared up originally during rookie minicamp.

He's 7/8" taller and 5 lbs heavier than Devin Funchess. Not sure why he needs to lose weight.

He's 7/8" taller and 5 lbs heavier than Devin Funchess. Not sure why he needs to lose weight.
Looks

It's always that way this time of year. He looks light looks heavy blah blah blah. Five pounds doesn't matter with DGB or Sankey or anyone in the free world really

Rotoworld:

Dorial Green-Beckham (hamstring) remains sidelined from Titans OTAs.

The No. 40 overall pick has been on the shelf since rookie minicamp. He's supposedly nearing a return, but the Titans have little reason to push DGB and risk a setback. Green-Beckham has unique physical skills, but hasn't played a live game in well over a year. With the Titans breaking in a rookie quarterback, DGB will be hard pressed to make a 2015 impact.

Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter
Jun 2 - 1:58 PM

Rotoworld:

Dorial Green-Beckham (hamstring) is still limited to individual drills.

Green-Beckham missed most of the rookie camp and the first seven OTA sessions. It's not ideal for a supremely talented yet raw player who didn't even play football last year. DGB said he's aiming to participate fully in next week's minicamp as he battles Justin Hunter for a starting spot opposite Kendall Wright.

Source: Nashville Tennessean
Jun 9 - 8:00 AM

Rotoworld:

Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Titans

The Titans don't want to "over-rep" Dorial Green-Beckham early in training camp, and will limit the packages he's involved in.

Green-Beckham is being babied along after missing all of OTAs with a hamstring injury. It's far from ideal for a player who enters the league as an exceptionally-raw prospect. DGB oozes upside, but it's hard to see him making a consistent re-draft impact as a rookie.

Source: John Glennon on Twitter

Jul 30 - 1:45 PM

Rotoworld:

Dorial Green-Beckham revealed he weighed 246 pounds at the end of offseason practices.

It's nine pounds heavier than his Combine listing, where Green-Beckham weighed in at 6'5/237. DGB missed the entire offseason due to a hamstring injury, which presumably contributed to his weight gain. He says he's down to 240 pounds now, and hopes to get to 230 by the end of camp. DGB is battling Harry Douglas, Hakeem Nicks, and Justin Hunter for snaps opposite Kendall Wright.

Source: Terry McCormick on Twitter

Jul 31 - 2:13 PM

Rotoworld:

Dorial Green-Beckham revealed he weighed 246 pounds at the end of offseason practices.

It's nine pounds heavier than his Combine listing, where Green-Beckham weighed in at 6'5/237. DGB missed the entire offseason due to a hamstring injury, which presumably contributed to his weight gain. He says he's down to 240 pounds now, and hopes to get to 230 by the end of camp. DGB is battling Harry Douglas, Hakeem Nicks, and Justin Hunter for snaps opposite Kendall Wright.

Source: Terry McCormick on Twitter

Jul 31 - 2:13 PM
Oy...this came about when asked what he weighed today-240. Why ignore that roto?

I think a rule of thumb is approximately 5 lbs. per inch. In other words, if he is 6'5" and gets to 230 lbs., let's say he was 5 inches shorter and about 6'0" like OBJ, he would than weigh 205 lbs. In the ball park of OBJ, so fairly proportionate.

Day 2 Training Camp Observations:

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Day-2-Training-Camp-Observations/67f7fd82-82b8-4e96-90eb-f7777f0b5ed4

Excerpt:

• It’s very apparent fans love receiver Dorial Green-Beckman, and I can see why. The guy looks the part. Green-Beckham annihilated a blocking sled at the start of practice, and seemed to enjoy hearing the crowd get excited about it. During one-on-one drills, he got past defensive back Marqueston Huff and caught a touchdown pass from quarterback Charlie Whitehurst. Green-Beckham remains a work in progress, however. He had one drop, and so far receivers Kendall Wright and Justin Hunter have been more impressive.

Rotoworld:

Titans.com's Jim Wyatt indicates rookie Dorial Green-Beckham shouldn't be expected to make an early impact as a rookie.

The Titans' practice play by play on Twitter has indicated DGB is struggling with drops at early practices. Wyatt refers to Green-Beckham as a "work in progress," and cautions that "some patience might be needed with him." Wyatt hints Kendall Wright, Harry Douglas, Justin Hunter, and quite possibly Hakeem Nicks are all ahead of Green-Beckham on the depth chart at this stage.

Source: titansonline.com

Aug 5 - 5:44 PM

WR Dorial Green-Beckam

- 6'5 and 1/8

- 237 lbs
- 4.49 forty

...Titans receivers coach Shawn Jefferson said. “DGB has shown the ability to pick up on the playbook very well. For a big guy he can run, and he sink his hips, and get out at the top of his routes. … Putting him in with the first group kind of elevates that sense of urgency for him. He has done well. There have been so growing pains, but that kid is going to be all right.”

... coach Ken Whisenhunt said Green-Beckham has been working, and is making progress. Green-Beckham missed a good portion of the offseason with a hamstring injury.

... he missed so much,’’ Whisenhunt said of Green-Beckham. “But he is working at it, and that is why we’re putting him in there and trying to put him in situations to see how he responds, and that will continue.”

Green-Beckham will get a big test on Friday night in the team’s preseason opener at Atlanta. Green-Beckham didn’t play at all last fall while at Oklahoma, so he hasn’t played in a football game since the 2013 season when he played at Missouri.

“I am big-time anxious to see how he does on Friday,’’
The reported weight gain was when he was dealing with a hamstring injury so I'm sure he wasn't running and he only put on 3 lbs over his college playing weight so it wasn't like he went Ompha Loompha or anything like that.

He has, size, speed, strength, athleticism, catch radius, and now he's being fast-tracked into a starting role. From what his position coach is saying he is, taking in the playbook, sinking his hips, and getting out the top of his routes.

If he shows anything in preseason he could wind up the top producer of this rookie WR crop this year.

I'm sure he'll struggle having so much thrown at him so quickly but if he hangs in there by the end of the year then I like the upside. This is happening much sooner than expected and I love the quote from his college coach.

Texas receivers coach Jay Norval -- "(Dorial Green-Beckam is a) Nightmare matchup for any cornerback at any level."

Also, he's not 280 pounds.

I think he's Plax with better wheels if he can keep his head on straight.

Last edited by a moderator:
WR Dorial Green-Beckam

- 6'5 and 1/8

- 237 lbs

- 4.49 forty

...Titans receivers coach Shawn Jefferson said. “DGB has shown the ability to pick up on the playbook very well. For a big guy he can run, and he sink his hips, and get out at the top of his routes. … Putting him in with the first group kind of elevates that sense of urgency for him. He has done well. There have been so growing pains, but that kid is going to be all right.”

... coach Ken Whisenhunt said Green-Beckham has been working, and is making progress. Green-Beckham missed a good portion of the offseason with a hamstring injury.

... he missed so much,’’ Whisenhunt said of Green-Beckham. “But he is working at it, and that is why we’re putting him in there and trying to put him in situations to see how he responds, and that will continue.”

Green-Beckham will get a big test on Friday night in the team’s preseason opener at Atlanta. Green-Beckham didn’t play at all last fall while at Oklahoma, so he hasn’t played in a football game since the 2013 season when he played at Missouri.

The reported weight gain was when he was dealing with a hamstring injury so I'm sure he wasn't running and he only put on 3 lbs over his college playing weight so it wasn't like he went Ompha Loompha or anything like that.

He has, size, speed, strength, athleticism, catch radius, and now he's being fast-tracked into a starting role. From what his position coach is saying he is, taking in the playbook, sinking his hips, and getting out the top of his routes.

If he shows anything in preseason he could wind up the top producer of this rookie WR crop this year.

I'm sure he'll struggle having so much thrown at him so quickly but if he hangs in there by the end of the year then I like the upside. This is happening much sooner than expected and I love the quote from his college coach.

Texas receivers coach Jay Norval -- "(Dorial Green-Beckam is a) Nightmare matchup for any cornerback at any level."
Easy there. He was "rewarded" starting-unit reps over Justin Hunter and Hakeem Nicks.

Saying this kid is going to be all right isn't exactly a ringing endorsement

WR Dorial Green-Beckam

- 6'5 and 1/8

- 237 lbs

- 4.49 forty

Easy there. He was "rewarded" starting-unit reps over Justin Hunter and Hakeem Nicks.

Easy there?

You seem confused to I'll explain why I left off 'rewarded'.

I left off 'rewarded' because I think its a stretch to say he was 'rewarded' first team reps after WR Justin Hunter was jailed on an assault charge.

Even though Hunter is still practicing with the team as the legal process plays out it seems inevitable he will get suspended by the league and the Titans know this and that is why they are force feeding DGB into a starting role.

Instead of 'rewarded' I would use the term 'gifted' first team reps.

The article used 'rewarded', I didn't agree so I left it out.

You seemed upset that I left it off so I hope my explanation ok with you.

WR Dorial Green-Beckam

- 6'5 and 1/8

- 237 lbs

- 4.49 forty

Easy there?

I left off 'rewarded' because I think its a stretch to say he was 'rewarded' first team reps after WR Justin Hunter was jailed on an assault charge.

Even though Hunter is still practicing with the team as the legal process plays out it seems inevitable he will get suspended by the league and the Titans know this and that is why they are force feeding DGB into a starting role.

The wording just seemed a bit disingenuous. It's not like he leapfrogged an established and proven vet based on merit.

Easy there?

Hunter may not sit. There's prior examples of fights where the players were suspended in preseason and missed a game and practices. His lawyer was very confident he could prove Justin wasn't the aggressor(but I think he meant instigator) here. When you add up 10 days to report the crime, first reported as stabbing, and the oh so likely common fear NFL players have of being stuck in a similar situation of people "starting" with them for financial gain...it all gets pretty muddy. Webster on Midday said "probably not" when asked of him missing regular season games. We don't know all the details but his lawyer being super confident and the GM not seeming worried makes me hmmmm.

DGB was not rewarded a thing because of Hunter. Really has nothing to do with it whatsoever.

DGB ran wrong routes, ran routes slowly as he was unsure, and dropped balls. He dogged it out of the huddle and Jefferson would run behind him yelling at him to "move it." He stayed late often and used the veterans for advice and really is starting to put it together. I loved seeing him at the jeggs machine, turning hips 90 degrees every so many catches. He crept up every so often and was like 3 feet away at the end. That is a great response from a rook who dropped too many balls.

Part of why he got first team reps is Kenny Britt and then Justin Hunter's JAG on top of his own prior history. There's gotta be some urgency to get it right with a supposed gem rook WR and I don't think you can discard the two guys before him. He has been a good boy. Everything Stoops said has been true.

Wyatt called year one his JV year. He was only going deep against the ones and spending much of his time against the 3s. Looked about like Hunter's rookie year.

Not long after, is when he got the first team reps.

During this time, McBride and Turzilli have gotten first team reps. Hunter has played a bunch in the slot and both Wright and Nicks have sat a little more than usual. Many writers characterized it as seeing what the WRs can do in this or that role.

It's been said over and over that rookie WRs need to memorize the routes and get comfy with them quick; once they do, they can play full speed but before that they struggle. McBride and DGB are not there yet, but closer. Turzilli is and (in that same article) was complimented for his route running. Turzilli is probably better than the other two right now simply because he's running full speed. By the same token though, if they're comfy a week from now, they're both more talented than Turzilli and should be able to easily leap frog over him.

Nicks doing well is a surprise but that's fading some as if he's wearing down already. The Titans drafted extremely well here and the players attitudes are great. The competition is perfect. McBride, Douglas, and Wright all pushing each other and helping each other with similar attributes. Turzilli, DGB, and Hunter are also very similar and doing the same. DGB is still 5th or 6th on the assumed depth chart (not the phony junk they've put out). That's not much to sing about. It's early though and he's showing signs of moving up and improving. Ya can't forget he hasn't played in two years. He's got all of TC and it might take that long to move up. I'm half expecting him to stink week one and do well week two of preseason. Shouldn't he stink? First game in two years with competition eons better than the last time he played? I just think it all has to play out and the cream rise to the top. He is one of the true freaks in the NFL and once he "gets it" you gotta figure he's too much for opposing teams CBs (or the Titans CBs in practice) to cover.

Today though he's closer to Brian Quick in year two and Hunter in year one, than being the stud he can become.

Anyone see him play? Saw he had a grab for 32 yards
He just played some. Totally a "feet wet" day for a rook and a guy who hadn't played in 2 years.

Whisenhunt does this annoying thing with veterans being first on the depth chart. This week, when he reasonably could he gave the veterans first reps.

They didn't give Mariota a tall WR but their sets in camp very often involve one.

Hunter's ahead of him on the veteran fake chart or a real one but there's this feel they want him to creep up the depth chart if he can, so I'm figuring the rest of preseason those two sub for each other.

SMorton@smorton101368 3m3 minutes ago

@Jeff_LJ_Lloyd @Jmcobern1 DGB is going to be insanely good. Fav this for three years from now.

Honest question: who is this guy that his opinion is worth posting?

Not a flame here, just asking.
From his Twitter profile:

SMorton

@smorton101368

Math nerd with 16 yrs data analysis/mining/administration experience w/the State of TN, Citi, and a coal company. Opinions are mine. Link is my wife's business

@Jeff_LJ_Lloyd @Jmcobern1 DGB is going to be insanely good. Fav this for three years from now.

SMorton

@smorton101368

Math nerd with 16 yrs data analysis/mining/administration experience w/the State of TN, Citi, and a coal company. Opinions are mine. Link is my wife's business
Oh, so only guys from Pro Football Writers Association and beat reporter have valid takes, gotcha.

How bout this guy?

Does he got nuff street cred so share his tweets?

--------------------------------

TURRON DAVENPORT

@TDavenport_NFL

Member of Pro Football Writers Association/ Ravens Reporter for the Baltimore Times/ NFL Draft Analyst for @FBallGameplan/ Heb.11:1 BELIEVE IT!

----------------------------

He is watching the shared practice as a beat writer for Baltimore and he says Agholor has already snatched Cooper's starting role away from him.

---------------------------

TURRON DAVENPORT@TDavenport_NFL 26m26 minutes ago

TURRON DAVENPORT retweeted Michael Pomroff

Should have it now. https://twitter.com/PhillyBoyInTN/status/634406918564352002 …

TURRON DAVENPORT added,

Michael Pomroff @PhillyBoyInTN @TDavenport_NFL Agholor will have Cooper's spot by week 4.
===========================

​​

EDIT: Thought this was the Agholor thread since I just posted in that one. My mistake. Wrong thread was looking for a DGB tweet from a guy I thought was a Titan beat writer but he's not going to pass muster with the impeccably high standards of the Shark Pool.

SMorton

@smorton101368

Oh, so only guys from Pro Football Writers Association and beat reporter have valid takes, gotcha.

How bout this guy?

Does he got nuff street cred so share his tweets?

--------------------------------

TURRON DAVENPORT

@TDavenport_NFLMember of Pro Football Writers Association/ Ravens Reporter for the Baltimore Times/ NFL Draft Analyst for @FBallGameplan/ Heb.11:1 BELIEVE IT!

----------------------------

He is watching the shared practice as a beat writer for Baltimore and he says Agholor has already snatched Cooper's starting role away from him.

---------------------------

TURRON DAVENPORT@TDavenport_NFL 26m26 minutes ago

TURRON DAVENPORT retweeted Michael Pomroff

Should have it now. https://twitter.com/PhillyBoyInTN/status/634406918564352002 …

TURRON DAVENPORT added,

Michael Pomroff @PhillyBoyInTN @TDavenport_NFL Agholor will have Cooper's spot by week 4.
guy clearly doesn't know what he's talking about..Cooper is white, isn't he?

I mean, at least be associated with a media outlet of some sort. Feels like Free Agency where people post links from random Twitter accounts.

ETA: And to be fair, I want that to be true. I just don't know if this is a beat writer or a guy with a cell phone at camp.

I mean, at least be associated with a media outlet of some sort. Feels like Free Agency where people post links from random Twitter accounts.

ETA: And to be fair, I want that to be true. I just don't know if this is a beat writer or a guy with a cell phone at camp.
OK, I understand the criticism but let me ask you who is a valid media person?

Then continue that line of reasoning that their are valid and in-valid media people and ask the next question, if a media person who you respect has a take that you disagree with do you change your stance or look to attack their credentials to dismiss the take about player X-Y-Z?

Attacking credentials instead of an argument is a fallacy of logic called an ad hominin attack where what is said is dismissed by attacking the person rather than addressing the take. It can lead to creating only a few gate keepers of disseminating information and keep people in group think.

So going back to the tweet. The take that began with that tweet continued with an exchange with others who noted DGB was considered a top-four talent early in the pre-draft evaluation process and that in a few years his talent should rise to the top. But they lack PFW credentials so is that take valid or not because of the people who presented it?

OK, I understand the criticism but let me ask you who is a valid media person?

Anyone linked with a media outlet (TV station, newspaper beat reporter, radio station, etc.) I would consider a valid media person. Everyone else is just the Twitter community. It'd be no different than every poster in the CJ Anderson thread/any other thread on here, substituting Twitter handle for member ID.

Then continue that line of reasoning that their are valid and in-valid media people and ask the next question, if a media person who you respect has a take that you disagree with do you change your stance or look to attack their credentials to dismiss the take about player X-Y-Z?

I would take the time to engage the thought of someone from the media with my own, because I believe/perceive that they are starting from a basis of above-average knowledge based upon credential/association. Always debatable, but it's what they do for a living. E.g., people hate an endless list of media personalities like Berman, Cowherd, Bayless/Smith, etc. But, I'll engage their thoughts because it's at least their profession, and it's not some bro with a cell phone linked to Twitter that had the day off and decided to hit up camp.

Attacking credentials instead of an argument is a fallacy of logic called an ad hominin attack where what is said is dismissed by attacking the person rather than addressing the take. It can lead to creating only a few gate keepers of disseminating information and keep people in group think.

I'm attacking lack of credentials. If i want to debate a stance on a player, I'll pick a thread and dive in here with you guys. Admittedly, guys on here are good and know their stuff and will win and argument against me, but none of us are professionals/media members and that's what I like about the forum. When i see a Twitter link, I have a reasonable expectation that it's news related from a news outlet.

So going back to the tweet. The take that began with that tweet continued with an exchange with others who noted DGB was considered a top-four talent early in the pre-draft evaluation process and that in a few years his talent should rise to the top. But they lack PFW credentials so is that take valid or not because of the people who presented it?

It's not if that take is valid or not, but we're getting into just posting people from Twitter's thoughts in this case, not pros/media members. We have thousands of members posting here with the same level of credibility as the tweet.

Users who are viewing this thread