Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Jayrod

Dorial Green-Beckham

25 minutes ago, Fireinside said:

WOW! Didn't see this coming... crazy trade that may end up kicking Titans in the butt...

Sounds like the Titans were just happy to get something of value for this guy.

Shame they needed to waste a 2nd round pick to find out what a lot of teams apparently already knew about this guy.

So frustrating that some of these young guys don't give 100% when given the opportunity to play in the NFL. 

Eagles are on the hook for cheap so if it doesn't work out ... not a big loss for them.

On August 14, 2016 at 4:40 PM, Hoh said:

I can't shake the feeling that the Titans are slow playing this guy.  They seem to be going out of their way to criticize him. I would be more worried if there was NO news.

Ok, it's been shook

• Like 1

I think this quote sums up Dorial Green-Beckham:

"I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice. Not a game. Not, not … Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. Not the game, but we're talking about practice, man. I mean, how silly is that? … And we talking about practice."

-Allen Iverson

18 minutes ago, need2know said:

Wtf could he learn from Chris givens 

What not to do?

1 minute ago, Faust said:

Test drive time.  Take that thing out on the highway and let it open, full throttle.

If you like what you see, you can always back it down a bit if you want.  But he's built for speed.  Tennessee seems to have trouble developing its WRs.

49 minutes ago, need2know said:

Wtf could he learn from Chris givens 

He's a slow learner so the playbook.

One of my favorite comments by Titans fans upset about the trade was something like this- Why couldn't Mariota just tell him which route to run in the huddle? The point was that talent wise he's better than most or all Titans WRs and if that gets him on the field and productive...why not do it? It's wrong. He should know the plays, absolutely. If it gets you a top young wideout, is it really so bad for Mariota to tell him where to go? I'd bet $ the Eagles are in the huddle telling him which route to run week one.

21 minutes ago, Bri said:

He's a slow learner so the playbook.

One of my favorite comments by Titans fans upset about the trade was something like this- Why couldn't Mariota just tell him which route to run in the huddle? The point was that talent wise he's better than most or all Titans WRs and if that gets him on the field and productive...why not do it? It's wrong. He should know the plays, absolutely. If it gets you a top young wideout, is it really so bad for Mariota to tell him where to go? I'd bet $ the Eagles are in the huddle telling him which route to run week one.

Having DBG on the field without knowing the playbook effectively eliminates the ability to check out of plays.  Can't check out of a play if one of the WRs doesn't know what to do with the new play.  It would take Bill Belichick about 0.000001 seconds to figure out and exploit that weakness.

13 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Having DBG on the field without knowing the playbook effectively eliminates the ability to check out of plays.  Can't check out of a play if one of the WRs doesn't know what to do with the new play.  It would take Bill Belichick about 0.000001 seconds to figure out and exploit that weakness.

So Belicheck would just make a team with DBG check out of plays all game?  Or adjust his D when he thinks a team checked out of a play to do what exactly?

2 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

So Belicheck would just make a team with DBG check out of plays all game?  Or adjust his D when he thinks a team checked out of a play to do what exactly?

You serious Clark?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chaka said:

You serious Clark?

Oh yeah.  You're reasoning was ridiculously far fetched.

Seems like the theme in here though....I mean DBG is obviously the stupidest football player ever.  Im surprised he can even spell his name with all those letters.  We should probably give him his playbook with everything written in crayon...

Edited by Bigboy10182000

34 minutes ago, Chaka said:

But what if DGB is just ignored and has taken uo BB's best CB that play?

i don't know that Mularkey was the right coach for him. i hope Pederson can "fix" him so that he can use his God-given talents for fantasy football purposes. 

• Like 1

Wait.  So some of you think that if it is known that when a certain player is on the field the offense cannot check out of the original play it confers zero advantage to the defense?

You're kidding, right?

Right?

3 hours ago, Chaka said:

Wait.  So some of you think that if it is known that when a certain player is on the field the offense cannot check out of the original play it confers zero advantage to the defense?

You're kidding, right?

Right?

Is this just limited to WR's too? I mean, if it's known that the LG may not be bright then the team probably can't check out of plays ever....and if Belecheck knows that he will make the team check out of plays all day and when an offense attempts this he will know it's BS. 

Its like picking someone's play in Tecmo :lmao: 

i undersand what you're saying and you're overstating it...by a lot. Depending on the team/staff they may have limited checks anyway. Depending on the play and formation his route/responsibility may not even change. 

Edited by Bigboy10182000

He should have been traded to SF because Kelly doesn't check out of anything.

• Like 1

Easy too. Against the 1's. He will destroy on the fade. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Insein said:

That play is so basic and that was text book on how you do it. Just throw it high and let the 6-5 guy go get it. Unstoppable. Too bad the Lions were so stupid for the most part of 9 years with Calvin Johnson. So glad I don't have to watch them this year.

23 minutes ago, Insein said:

Tay Glover-Wright is a 2nd year undrafted free agent db who was waived twice before making an active roster. WR convert who started playing db in 2012. A "1" nominally but only because Indy's top 3 corners are injured (vs Detroit week 1, btw)

5 minutes ago, maf005 said:

Tay Glover-Wright is a 2nd year undrafted free agent db who was waived twice before making an active roster. WR convert who started playing db in 2012. A "1" nominally but only because Indy's top 3 corners are injured (vs Detroit week 1, btw)

Well then I guess Colts are in a bit of trouble if he's out there with the first team.

Loser talk- He doesn't know our routes - lets trade him...

Winner talk - we can do great things with this guy - even if he doesn't know what E=MC squared means...

The Titans are foolish!!!

This is what smart coaches do: they see a guy with raw talent and size but no brains and they use him for what his strengths are.  

There was literally No way to defend that td tonight.  He caught the ball 9-10 feet in the air.  Lol.  The defender had no chance.  Watch dgb end up as the Eagles wr1 by midseason or at least by end of this season once he knows the playbook and for the next 10 years.  

Meantime, 600 yards and 10 tds not out of the question this year if they use him correctly.  

Edited by rickyg
  • Like 2

On August 24, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Bigboy10182000 said:

This is going to get interesting after he catches a TD this week

With what we have he's going to be featured down there. He may be able to have 8-9 this season. 

1 hour ago, rickyg said:

How did he look tonight?  Stat line looks good.  Anyone watch?  When did he get his receptions?  

I was there and thought he looked good. He played the first 2 maybe 3 series'. The kid is a specimen that's for sure. Being on the field and watching him in warm ups he looks like he can do it all. Hopefully Dougie gets the best out of him. 

• Like 1

This might be the calm before the storm period..  Ive seen some speak of an increasing role.  (Reps/opportunity's increasing)  I dont believe too many believe Agholor has really done enough to maintain his starting role. Also in the above article DBG is saying, he knows close to 80% of the playbook. 

I abandoned the Swaggy train, to get back inline with DBG.  I like alot about Philly, especially the Coach's ability to evaluate Wentz.  Im probably batting zero this Season, but no activity since the 24th, seemed kinda wrong.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dismattle said:

This might be the calm before the storm period..  Ive seen some speak of an increasing role.  (Reps/opportunity's increasing)  I dont believe too many believe Agholor has really done enough to maintain his starting role. Also in the above article DBG is saying, he knows close to 80% of the playbook. 

I abandoned the Swaggy train, to get back inline with DBG.  I like alot about Philly, especially the Coach's ability to evaluate Wentz.  Im probably batting zero this Season, but no activity since the 24th, seemed kinda wrong.

I think he's a sneaky preemptive pickup this week and feel that they will be getting him more involved as well. 

He's their best RZ threat IMO, and with the bye week to get more acclimated with the offense, I could see him in line for more snaps. 

:popcorn:

You read my mind. With Kevin whites lengthy absence I dropped him for dgb about 2 hours ago based on these rumors f more involvement after the bye week.  

Hes in my bench until I see it though. He's burned me too much.  

1 hour ago, werdnoynek said:

I think he's a sneaky preemptive pickup this week and feel that they will be getting him more involved as well. 

He's their best RZ threat IMO, and with the bye week to get more acclimated with the offense, I could see him in line for more snaps. 

:popcorn:

Isn't Ertz coming back this week?  Seems like he would cap DGBs red zone opps.

19 hours ago, Chaka said:

Isn't Ertz coming back this week?  Seems like he would cap DGBs red zone opps.

You're right, though thru three weeks it seems the RBs and WRs get the most opps in the red zone vs only 1 for TE's. However, that may have been because Ertz was out.

Either way, I still think DGB is a better target in the RZ. He's bigger than Ertz and certainly has more range.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about DGB here!  

1 hour ago, werdnoynek said:

You're right, though thru three weeks it seems the RBs and WRs get the most opps in the red zone vs only 1 for TE's. However, that may have been because Ertz was out.

Either way, I still think DGB is a better target in the RZ. He's bigger than Ertz and certainly has more range.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about DGB here!  

DGB is one inch take but 20 lbs lighter. I wouldn't say that's "bigger" in the form of any advantage.

1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

DGB is one inch take but 20 lbs lighter. I wouldn't say that's "bigger" in the form of any advantage.

I'm not one for nit picking but alright.

I'm right. 

ETA: :lmao:

I was thinking bigger as a target... taller, longer arms, bigger hands, jumps higher. Also runs considerably faster. 

Edited by werdnoynek