Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Jayrod

Dorial Green-Beckham

4 minutes ago, werdnoynek said:

I'm not one for nit picking but alright.

I'm right. 

ETA: :lmao:

He's taller than Ertz. He's not bigger than Ertz. We can discuss which is a better RZ advantage if you'd like: one inch of height or 20 lbs of weight.  Probably a wash overall.

But DGB is not bigger than Ertz. Nitpicking and all.

1 hour ago, werdnoynek said:
1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

He's taller than Ertz. He's not bigger than Ertz. We can discuss which is a better RZ advantage if you'd like: one inch of height or 20 lbs of weight.  Probably a wash overall.

But DGB is not bigger than Ertz. Nitpicking and all.

I was thinking bigger as a target... taller, longer arms, bigger hands, jumps higher. Also runs considerably faster. 

This is the week for DGB. Not to grab him up but for owners to know what to do with him. Saw the last Eagle game and he still didnt have any sort of route tree. He actually just picks up coverage then tries to beat it like it was street ball. He's the Ajayi of WRs.

But Wentz looked for him quite a bit and DGB has some idea how to present a target. The bye week is really the first chance for Wentz - now that he's worked out his own #### with the team and is taking a very Peyton-y role - to show DGB how he wants him to be where and when so, not facing any defensive juggernaut this wk, we'll know from the Det game what we need to decide whether to get, keep or drop the big fella.

54 minutes ago, werdnoynek said:

I was thinking bigger as a target... taller, longer arms, bigger hands, jumps higher. Also runs considerably faster

Actually, Ertz has a better vertical (35.5 vs 33), weighs more (250 vs 237), has larger hands (9 3/4" vs 9"), and they are the same height (DGB is 6'5 but I thought he was 6'6").  I even saw one spot listing Ertz at 6'6", so Ertz might be taller as well but we'll just call it a draw there.  DGB does have slightly longer arms and is faster. 

At least you got 2 outta 5 right.

Edited by gianmarco
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, gianmarco said:

Actually, Ertz has a better vertical (35.5 vs 33), weighs more (250 vs 237), has larger hands (9 3/4" vs 9"), and they are the same height (DGB is 6'5 but I thought he was 6'6").  I even saw one spot listing Ertz at 6'6", so Ertz might be taller as well but we'll just call it a draw there.  DGB does have slightly longer arms and is faster. 

At least you got 2 outta 5 right.

You got the vert wrong, I got the hands wrong. Lets call it even.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/zach-ertz?id=2540158

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/dorial-green-beckham?id=2552491

Edited by werdnoynek

Statistically speaking - their careers in the redzone...

DGB - 9 targets, 4 catches, 30 yards, 3 TD's. 

Ertz - 27 targets, 11 catches, 88 yards, 5 TD's. 

It appears that DBG, 2 years behind Ertz is off to a better start. 

7 hours ago, werdnoynek said:

Statistically speaking - their careers in the redzone...

DGB - 9 targets, 4 catches, 30 yards, 3 TD's. 

Ertz - 27 targets, 11 catches, 88 yards, 5 TD's. 

It appears that DBG, 2 years behind Ertz is off to a better start. 

Well. Ertz has not been on the field with DGB since week 1, so there is that...

That week DGB had two catches, 14 yards for zero TDs, Ertz had 5 catches for 58 yards and zero tds

3 hours ago, msommer said:

Well. Ertz has not been on the field with DGB since week 1, so there is that...

That week DGB had two catches, 14 yards for zero TDs, Ertz had 5 catches for 58 yards and zero tds

DGBs snaps have been steadily increasing too. I'm just questioning how big of an impact Ertz has on DGB. Coming out of the bye the only thing that is certain is there are a lot of questions. 

I like this offense and they need someone else to step up. If DGB is realizing his potential, he could be very valuable. In deep leagues he's a great stash now to see if it happens. Pre-emptive pickup as I said. 

It is off a bye..  Detroit aint looking too stellar,,  Whats other option though?  Or is this like the Elway option (No plan B..)

3 minutes ago, Dismattle said:

It is off a bye..  Detroit aint looking too stellar,,  Whats other option though?  Or is this like the Elway option (No plan B..)

Cook's on bye and Eddie Royal GTD.  If Eddie doesn't play and I don't want to play DGB  I'd have to drop DGB to pick up Brice butler or cordarrelle patterson    

They seem to be as much of a dart throw this week as DGB to me. 

okay so youre playing DGB   Id much rather risk DGB stinking up the place, then them other options.  Its plain to see imho that Coach knows football, so he probably knows exactly what he is doing w/ DGB.  No chit ya may be pushing a week early at least..  But dam that CPatt train is like goin no where fast!

• Like 1

Start DGB with confidence today. 2TDs. 

That didn't quite work out but he did drop a TD pass, although some feel the pass was under thrown. I am intrigued at his increase in snaps played, the guy could be a beast if he got his head on straight. Anyone have better insight into his potential moving forward?

Here's what I just don't get.  These Eagles starting receivers are AWFUL.  Between Mathews and Agholor and all the dropped passes, and yet DGB is only in on occasion and barely targeted.  But when he is targeted, he catches the ball and gets results, time and again.  At what point does whatever idiot is running this offense decide, "hey, you know what?  This guy is pretty athletic, a big target, and seems like he's more effective than the other guys.  Maybe we should start him and get him some more looks."

In any event, leading receiver for the eagles at the half, already 4 catches on 5 targets for 41 yards.  Possibly his breakout game -- both for fantasy purposes but also for someone in the damned organization to wake up.

• Like 1

He looks good to me.  seems to be getting better every week.  thanks tn

2 minutes ago, Otis said:

Here's what I just don't get.  These Eagles starting receivers are AWFUL.  Between Mathews and Agholor and all the dropped passes, and yet DGB is only in on occasion and barely targeted.  But when he is targeted, he catches the ball and gets results, time and again.  At what point does whatever idiot is running this offense decide, "hey, you know what?  This guy is pretty athletic, a big target, and seems like he's more effective than the other guys.  Maybe we should start him and get him some more looks."

In any event, leading receiver for the eagles at the half, already 4 catches on 5 targets for 41 yards.  Possibly his breakout game -- both for fantasy purposes but also for someone in the damned organization to wake up.

Dead on.  he's probably so excited to get out of tn.  no wrs thrive in that wasteland

I also think agolar is on his way out.  Torrey smith hopefully.  but that guy stinks and these new eagles coaches know it 

Was doing good, last 2 trips to the redzone he's had 2 drops that hit him in the hands, neither would have been a TD but probably 20-25 yards plus on this last one they might not have had to settle for a FG

8 hours ago, Bfrahm3 said:

Was doing good, last 2 trips to the redzone he's had 2 drops that hit him in the hands, neither would have been a TD but probably 20-25 yards plus on this last one they might not have had to settle for a FG

:kicksrock: 

Here's my take on DGB for what it's worth: it's obvious he has all the "measurables" but something is off for Tennessee to just throw their hands up in the air at him and trade him for a complete stiff in Dennis Kelly (the very definition of being traded for a bag of balls).

Reading between the lines it would appear that this kid has a sincerely hard time learning the offense and route tree. The team has been giving him easy slants but even though talented, WR still requires much more study than I think people realize. It's not as instinctive as running back. For all we know he has legitimate learning deficits. The kid grew up for how many years in an orphanage for Christ's sake. I have high hopes for him but for now it's what you see is what you get.

Does the release of Huff signal more snaps for DGB, and a continuing increase in production? 

Just now, humpback said:

He looks awful, gets no separation.

He really does look awful.  It's as if he doesn't know his own size/strength.  

8 minutes ago, rickyg said:

Is he really strong though? Granted I haven't seen much of him this year, but he looks so soft in this game.

19 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Well, he doesn't have elite explosiveness, so that makes sense.

Neither do I, but I'm pretty sure I could get at least 3 inches away from a defender at least once by dumb luck.

5 hours ago, humpback said:

Neither do I, but I'm pretty sure I could get at least 3 inches away from a defender at least once by dumb luck.

I'll take the under.

On 11/6/2016 at 2:35 PM, rickyg said:

This has been echoed on Roto/Tennessee for a year. I get Giants secondary isn't a cakewalk but he played like a guy who doesn't know how to body position or use his size as a weapon. He dropped two catch-able balls yesterday, I keep waiting for it to click and maybe it won't this season. Even in a situation he can easily take control of the #2 WR job, I'd take a filer on Treggs over him at this point.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, humpback said:

I would too, if Kyle Shanahan was my OC- that guy's the worst!

You've been waiting a loooooong time to use that one.

I might be done with him in dynasty if he doesn't show me anything for the remainder of this year.  I'm just about done. I feel like I've seen what I need to see to make a determination and the light isn't going on for his kid.  Hope he proves me wrong before this season is over.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chaka said:

You've been waiting a loooooong time to use that one.

:lol:

Why would I wait? Your argument was bunk from the beginning and continues to be proven silly pretty much weekly. You're right though, I figured I'd pass up countless opportunities in that thread and wait for you to quote me in another one instead.

48 minutes ago, rickyg said:

I might be done with him in dynasty if he doesn't show me anything for the remainder of this year.  I'm just about done. I feel like I've seen what I need to see to make a determination and the light isn't going on for his kid.  Hope he proves me wrong before this season is over.  

Same here. I wasn't expecting much since he obviously isn't the brightest guy and is learning a new offense, but I thought he was supposed to be way more physical than he's been so far.

18 minutes ago, humpback said:

:lol:

Why would I wait? Your argument was bunk from the beginning and continues to be proven silly pretty much weekly. You're right though, I figured I'd pass up countless opportunities in that thread and wait for you to quote me in another one instead.

1) If you really want to rehash this perhaps we should take it to the appropriate thread.

2) Remind me again how many TDs Julio had last year?

Jimmy Kempski of the Philly Voice believes Dorial Green-Beckham "must be significantly improved to make the roster in 2017."

Following the additions of Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith, Green-Beckham is at best the No. 4 receiver on the depth chart, and Nelson Agholor's contract essentially guarantees him a roster spot. That means DGB is likely competing for one of the last spots on the roster, and those positions are usually reserved for players who contribute on special teams, which he does not do. Unless he makes a big jump, Green-Beckham could find himself looking for his third team in two years.

Source: Philly Voice 
Apr 11 - 11:11 AM

Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer believes "it's difficult to see" Dorial Green-Beckham making the final roster.

The Eagles added Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, and two rookies at the position this offseason, leaving Green-Beckham to compete with Nelson Agholor and perhaps Paul Turner for at best one roster spot. Agholor's contract makes it difficult for the Eagles to move on, all but ensuring DGB's days in Philadelphia are finished unless he surprises in camp. We are not holding our breath.

According to Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski, Dorial Green-Beckham has gotten off to a "bad start" at OTAs.

We're just now getting into practices, so it's still very early, but DGB needs to be putting his best foot forward at all times. All the other receivers were showing well, except Green-Beckham, who had a drop, badly mistimed a 50-50 jump ball, and was screamed at by WRs coach Mike Groh for running routes with his head down. DGB ran with the second-team offense and is fighting for a spot.

Source: Philly Voice 
May 24 - 8:45 AM

When he's cut, I hope he joins the Ravens, be nice to see the death rattle of this thread extend a little.  

• Like 3

On 6/5/2017 at 9:46 AM, massraider said:

When he's cut,

That time is now 

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 1h1 hour ago

Eagles waived WR Dorial Green-Beckham.

Id suspect he will get another shot in someones camp before the season starts and injuries start happening more often. Some interesting landing spots would be, dallas, indy, NO, IMO

30 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

Id suspect he will get another shot in someones camp before the season starts and injuries start happening more often. Some interesting landing spots would be, dallas, indy, NO, IMO

I'd go wth San Fran...

4 minutes ago, Boone22 said:

I'd go wth San Fran...

intriguing spot with an unspectacular group to beat out, I agree