What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dorial Green-Beckham (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Player
Missouri WR Dorial Green-Beckham measured 6-foot-5, 237 at the NFL Scouting Combine weigh-in.
The measurements are truly Megatronian. Green-Beckham was listed at a much-slimmer 225 pounds on the Oklahoma website, where he practiced with the scout team last year but never actually played. Put simply, DGB was created to score touchdowns in the NFL. At the below link is a recommended read from Jonathan Bales on how height and weight correlate to TD-scoring efficiency.

Source: WR Size & Red-Zone Efficiency
Feb 19 - 12:10 PM

He added another 10 pounds? That's identical to Calvin. I think it will all come down to the 40 to see if he's an exact replica. I'm not expecting Calvin's 4.35, but if he can nail a .38-.44 I'd be very pleased.

He added another 10 pounds? That's identical to Calvin. I think it will all come down to the 40 to see if he's an exact replica. I'm not expecting Calvin's 4.35, but if he can nail a .38-.44 I'd be very pleased.
In the video he ran 4.51 and the trainer was talking about him getting into the 4.4's.

How are his hands and route running? :stalker:
He's said to have good hands. Although for his size, they are almost freakishly small if they are indeed 9". There were only a few WR prospects that measured smaller hands a year ago. Most were in the 175-180lb range. I don't think it's the end of the world. Davante Adams measured 9" hands too. As a point of reference though, Benjamin measured 10 1/4, Beckham 10, Landry 10 1/4, Evans 9 5/8.

Scouts are saying he runs two routes.

I want the Bucs to draft this guy at the top of the second round just for the ridiculousness of it. Evans and DGB on the outside. VjAx in the slot. ASJ at TE. Maybe I just like the abbreviations?

In the video he ran 4.51 and the trainer was talking about him getting into the 4.4's.
I think this video is more just propaganda by his camp. He's always been rumored to be significantly faster than a 4.5.

ShamrockPride said:
cstu said:
ShamrockPride said:
I think this video is more just propaganda by his camp. He's always been rumored to be significantly faster than a 4.5.
He never looked significantly faster than 4.5 on the field.

Big guys never look like they moving. Then they take three steps, and they cower 10 yards.
Yep, as has been said before, he's a long-strider. Guy was a track star in HS.
Yeah, maybe we should clarify a few things here. First, 4.5 IS fast. The average 40 for WRs over the last 5 years is 4.55. It's the fastest of any position, tied with CB. For a guy like DGB to run for 4.5 at his size would be estremely impressive. What is considered significantly faster than that? To me, that would be in the 4.39 and below range. That would be insane speed for a guy his size. Calvin ran 4.35 at this size, which is insane. Calvin looked significantly faster than 4.5 on the field. I'd put a guess of a time between 4.40 and 4.48 for DGB. That would still give him a crazy fast time for his size. It wouldn't be significantly faster than 4.5, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a guy like DGB to run for 4.5 at his size would be estremely impressive. What is considered significantly faster than that? To me, that would be in the 4.39 and below range. That would be insane speed for a guy his size. Calvin ran 4.35 at this size, which is insane. Calvin looked significantly faster than 4.5 on the field. I'd put a guess of a time between 4.40 and 4.48 for DGB. That would still give him a crazy fast time for his size. It wouldn't be significantly faster than 4.5, though.
If he can run in the low 4.5s there's NO chance he makes it out of the first round. Guessing he'll run well and get drafted 20-25 -- elite talent, but lots of question marks.

For a guy like DGB to run for 4.5 at his size would be estremely impressive. What is considered significantly faster than that? To me, that would be in the 4.39 and below range. That would be insane speed for a guy his size. Calvin ran 4.35 at this size, which is insane. Calvin looked significantly faster than 4.5 on the field. I'd put a guess of a time between 4.40 and 4.48 for DGB. That would still give him a crazy fast time for his size. It wouldn't be significantly faster than 4.5, though.
If he can run in the low 4.5s there's NO chance he makes it out of the first round. Guessing he'll run well and get drafted 20-25 -- elite talent, but lots of question marks.
Cmon Rob. He may belong in the 1st from a talent perspective. He may even belong in the top 10.

Plenty of reasons to think he won't go in RD1 though.

-Still has 2 more months to do something stupid.

-Could flunk the interview process with teams.

-Josh Gordon fiasco could weigh heavier on NFL teams than we think.

-We don't know what the Mizzou and Oklahoma coaches/teammates/classmates are saying about him.

I agree that he's probably getting drafted in the 2nd half of RD1. That 40 time is just one piece of the remaining puzzle though.

Everything I have read from people at OU including coaches and that teammate that said he dominated practices has been glowing praise. I just think he's one of those rare cases where the potential is so overpowering that teams will be willing to overlook the risk, even in the first round. If it doesn't work out, they say "well, we tried."

3:00 video showing DGB's combine prep, etc.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000470808/On-the-Clock-Dorial-Green-Beckham

Looks smooth out there, huge hands, much more built than his tape at Missouri. Seems focused, I could see him winning over a couple teams in interviews and convincing them to take him high.
What's going on at the 1:35 mark?
And right as his agent is talking about character concerns. I didn't realize THAT was the concern :lol:

Everything I have read from people at OU including coaches and that teammate that said he dominated practices has been glowing praise. I just think he's one of those rare cases where the potential is so overpowering that teams will be willing to overlook the risk, even in the first round. If it doesn't work out, they say "well, we tried."
Not to say that his career will turn out this way - that would be crazy to suggest - but this is the same stuff people said about Randy Moss. I'm guessing of teams could do over the 1998 draft, most NFL teams would have gladly taken Moss, who had plenty of character questions, and similarly dominated the practice squad at Florida St. when he was sitting out. The difference is that he then went out and dominated in his season at Marshall before getting drafted, as opposed to DGB who missed the whole year.

Not to say that his career will turn out this way - that would be crazy to suggest - but this is the same stuff people said about Randy Moss. I'm guessing of teams could do over the 1998 draft, most NFL teams would have gladly taken Moss, who had plenty of character questions, and similarly dominated the practice squad at Florida St. when he was sitting out. The difference is that he then went out and dominated in his season at Marshall before getting drafted, as opposed to DGB who missed the whole year.
Exactly.

Moss absolutely dominated in college - 96/1820/26 in one year at Marshall - while DGB didn't match that in two years.

DGB was not even better than L'Damian Washington both years at Missouri.

:lol:

did you see how effortless the gauntlet was for him? that's not human

my lord. I have this guy rated higher than most, I may be moving him top 1-2 sooner than later, year off or not.

my lord. I have this guy rated higher than most, I may be moving him top 1-2 sooner than later, year off or not.
He let a ball into his body on that run. I have no idea why they said it was clean.

One would think you might be a bit more skittish than most when it comes to off-field baggage.

One would think you might be a bit more skittish than most when it comes to off-field baggage.
Nah. A guy will either get it, or wont get it - I'm a talent/skill/freakishness type of dynasty guy... right or wrong. Wont pretend Im sitting around winning every single year, but Im always competitive and a threat, even in my leagues w Gordon.

DG Beckham has a new name from me... And I will use it until it sticks. Galactus.

Monsterous, and the balls seemed to just get sucked into his grasp, with absolute zero effort

With SoulFly here. Guy's too good. And it's plain stupid, uninsightful, and lazy to compare two different human beings on something like this DGB/Gordon comp that's been going on. I didn't know those two had the same personalities, background, and addiction tendencies. Thanks for the update you FBG experts.

Cooper - 6'1", 211 - 4.42

DGB - 6'5", 237 - 4.49

--------------

blink of an eye slower, a mountain of a man more.

just sayin'

With SoulFly here. Guy's too good. And it's plain stupid, uninsightful, and lazy to compare two different human beings on something like this DGB/Gordon comp that's been going on. I didn't know those two had the same personalities, background, and addiction tendencies. Thanks for the update you FBG experts.
Compare him to Ray Rice if you want.

Actually, he's like if Ray Rice and Josh Gordon had a baby. Women-smacking, with the nice addition of two weed arrests. The best of both worlds.

The scariest thing is DGB could end up in NE.

I mean.... not very likely... but if he's sitting there at NE's pick, do they pass on a guy who could legit blow that offense out of the water?

Bill isnt scared, we all know that. And they could use some patchwork elsewhere... But I mean... My lord, can you imagine?

slant drop was ugly
Let the other in route into his body and double caught it.
as long as it's caught I dont stress too much about that stuff... In fact, it's sometimes good to see that they can overcome the initial lapse in concentration well enough to "double catch" a ball... but definitely not something you wanna see very often. at all

Wish the deep route wasnt blown by the QB, I wanted to see him get nasty with a pass I expect him to dominate in, in the NFL a la Mike Evans

slant drop was ugly
Let the other in route into his body and double caught it.
as long as it's caught I dont stress too much about that stuff... In fact, it's sometimes good to see that they can overcome the initial lapse in concentration well enough to "double catch" a ball... but definitely not something you wanna see very often. at all

Wish the deep route wasnt blown by the QB, I wanted to see him get nasty with a pass I expect him to dominate in, in the NFL a la Mike Evans
The problem is, he did the same thing in the gauntlet.

Every year I see some guy hyped up in the SP that comes with lots of personal baggage, and I cannot think of one instance where the player's career actually matched the hype. It takes a lot more than just physical tools to become an impact NFL player. My assessment is that DGB's past indicates that he does not have the personality or discipline to make an impact in the NFL. Someone please enlighten me and give me the name of a player with his type of baggage that had an impactful career.

Every year I see some guy hyped up in the SP that comes with lots of personal baggage, and I cannot think of one instance where the player's career actually matched the hype. It takes a lot more than just physical tools to become an impact NFL player. My assessment is that DGB's past indicates that he does not have the personality or discipline to make an impact in the NFL. Someone please enlighten me and give me the name of a player with his type of baggage that had an impactful career.
Jeremy Hill?

never heard of Dez Bryant?

hell... even josh gordon set records, despite his consistent knuckleheadedness..

Dez Bryant and Randy Moss turned out OK.

Both had huge success in college. Dez caught 19 of his teams 25 TD's...no one else had more than 2.

Talk about expectations - dude shares his name woth boyh A.J. Green and Odell Beckham

-QG
Dude has the potential to blow them both out the water.
Seeing as Beckham averaged 100+ receiving yards per game last year, I'm going to say that's unlikely.

Unless he's the best WR in the history of the NFL, his stats are highly unlikely to ever consistently "blow them both out the water."
I'm not talking about rookie year. I will say that IF he can stay on the field, he will have a better career than OBJ. Green might be a little tougher. Feel free to mark this comment for 5 years from now.
After watching the routes, I think you are crazy. He's a big guy, he could have a solid career, but I will take OBJ and Green all day long over him. I watched OBJ and I saw a guy who could be one of the best WRs ever. He may not attain that, but in watching the drills, I didn't see DGB anywhere near that. I also love AJ Green.

Fail. Neither player was ever suspended from their teams, transferred to another school, or had the off field issues of DGB.

Fail. Neither player was ever suspended from their teams, transferred to another school, or had the off field issues of DGB.
There are scouts that have said Dez's background was the worst they'd ever seen.

Fail, Moss was kicked off 2 teams, ND and FSU. Regardless, your building a strawman by attempting to match exactly player off field issues.

Users who are viewing this thread