Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
STEADYMOBBIN 22

Dark Souls :Remastered :YOU DIED:

912 posts in this topic

On 7/2/2018 at 10:48 AM, JerseyToughGuys said:

Decided to save up 20K souls to unlock the second part of Darkroot Garden. Fun area. Battling the protectors of the forest was pretty neat. Now I joined them.

Probably should have tried to farm them a bit before joining so I could recoup my 20K.

I'm at around level 30 and still fighting with my upgrade scimitar. 

good times.

Repeatedly making them fall off the cliff is awesome. It's like a souls ATM. 

Posted (edited)

I figure this is a good place to ask, full of hard core Dark Souls folks. I am having a blast going back and wrecking Bloodborne. My new toon has only died to two bosses so far, once to Darkbeast Paarl (crushed him on try two after putting on better bolt gear) and twice to Martyr Logarius (until I once again got smart and loaded up my anti-arcane armor). Admittedly I beat him on try 3 with ZERO viles left.

Anyways, I have never played Dark Souls III. How is that one? Where does it rate in the Dark Souls lore? I can get it now for like $19.99. Worth it? I just don't see much chatter about it in here.

Edited by DallasDMac

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, DallasDMac said:

I figure this is a good place to ask, full of hard core Dark Souls folks. I am having a blast going back and wrecking Bloodborne. My new toon has only died to two bosses so far, once to Darkbeast Paarl (crushed him on try two after putting on better bolt gear) and twice to Martyr Logarius (until I once again got smart and loaded up my anti-arcane armor). Admittedly I beat him on try 3 with ZERO viles left.

Anyways, I have never played Dark Souls III. How is that one? Where does it rate in the Dark Souls lore? I can get it now for like $19.99. Worth it? I just don't see much chatter about it in here.

They're all great. Ive never played blood borne but I know its a faster paced dark souls set in a more gothic/horror universe as opposed to a fantasy universe. Not that you can't play similarly but you can also play slower stronger builds.

But about DS3 - I thought it was great. I like all of them for different reasons. DS1 is the best imo, DS2 is great for PVP and duel wielding builds. DS3 is great because it looks amazing and has the most polished from a control standpoint. 

If you really liked Bloodborne I think you will like DS3. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

4 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

I haven’t played Bloodborne (no PS4), but I’ve read that it clearly had influence on DS3. The combat in that game is very fluid and fast compared to DS1 and 2. 

15 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Having played all of them, yea, DS3 is the closest to Bloodborne. You'll still need to be a little less aggressive in combat (no healing from counter attacking), but you should enjoy it. Heck, you might even like having a shield more than a gun.

1 minute ago, jwb said:

Having played all of them, yea, DS3 is the closest to Bloodborne. You'll still need to be a little less aggressive in combat (no healing from counter attacking), but you should enjoy it. Heck, you might even like having a shield more than a gun.

I had always been a sword and board guy before Bloodborne, though I always sucked at the whole shield parry dynamic. I'm sure it will be like riding a bike. Trying to find it local so I don't have to ship it.

Gave up on my mage build. I got stuck in Tomb of Giants. I had a brutal time trying to beat the rolling skele's, accidentally attacked Vamos, and then finally got to the 2nd bonfire in ToG and just can't beat all of the skeleton giants/dogs.

Started over with a sword/board planning to build a char based on the items that drop. The first decent drop was the Fang Boar Helm, that matched with the Drake Sword has me rolling right through everything. 

I caved.  Haven't played a Souls game in a while (never finished any of them, really) and I'm terrible.  

Started with a dex build relying on Uchigatana.  Blew my souls and humanities in Blightown and started another build, this time strength and two handing the Zweihander.   Pretty fun for now.  

1 person likes this

On 7/11/2018 at 9:54 AM, munga30 said:

I caved.  Haven't played a Souls game in a while (never finished any of them, really) and I'm terrible.  

Started with a dex build relying on Uchigatana.  Blew my souls and humanities in Blightown and started another build, this time strength and two handing the Zweihander.   Pretty fun for now.  

The best part is when you get strong enough that you don't need to two hand it!

Can someone give me a top 5 noob mistakes not to make? Regarding build set up, leveling, whatever. Pretend I know nothing.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Worm said:

Can someone give me a top 5 noob mistakes not to make? Regarding build set up, leveling, whatever. Pretend I know nothing.

I feel like this is pretty comprehensive...

https://m.imgur.com/r/darksouls/QXNVwLa

Id say 1-13 and 19 are good advice to get you rolling for a good bit. 

Edited by bigmarc27
1 person likes this

53 minutes ago, Worm said:

How far did you make it last time and what kind of build did you do then?

51 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I feel like this is pretty comprehensive...

https://m.imgur.com/r/darksouls/QXNVwLa

Id say 1-13 and 19 are good advice to get you rolling for a good bit. 

Link doesn’t work for me. Didn’t you and I both have this problem recently where our links weren’t working?

3 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Link doesn’t work for me. Didn’t you and I both have this problem recently where our links weren’t working?

Hmmm maybe?  I do all my browsing on mobile, so maybe I should have taken the “m” out of my link. 

56 minutes ago, Worm said:

I’m gonna leave out a few things that I normally do in the beginning and just keep it easy for you:

1)From firelink make a few suicide runs into the graveyard to get all the items there.

2)Work your way up to the undead burg to the first bonfire. Get yourself about $5000 and buy yourself a heater shield, large club, short bow nd about 50-100 arrows from the undead merchant. (The heater shield has 100% physical damage resistance, the large club will allow you to one shot most enemies and you’ll use the bow and arrow to get your next weapon that will get you through the first 1/4 of the game.)

3) Farm this area a bit until you can Kill the first boss at the top of the Underberg Berg. (Taurus Deamon)

4)  talk to the Knight Solitar to get your stone to summon others for help when you need it. When you run across that bridge a dragon is going to light your ### on fire so hurry up, stay to the right and after he hit you with the first thing a fire you’ll be able to dive down those stairs. Kick the ladder down and rest at the bonfire.

5)Go back up the ladder poke your head out until the dragon breeze fire kills everybody on the bridge there are you 550 souls each time. Rinse and repeat unit you Get your strength to 16 and our Dex to 12.

6) Go back up the ladder but this time don’t go up to the steps of the Dragon. Go underneath the bridge to the dragon, on the right side and use your bow to hit the Dragon’s tail. It might take anywhere between 15 to 20 arrows but eventually you will Knock his tail off, Gaining you the Drake sword.

7)With this weapon you will be able to get quite far before you find another weapon you like. It doesn’t matter how hard your weapon hits, it’s more about how comfortable you are with its movest. 

That will get you a fast start. Keep pushing your endurance and strength up words towards 40. Sprinkle in some vitality and you’ll be good to go. 

Other Early weapons to consider are the longsword, Claymore (which can be found on the bridge where the Dragon is) and if you get really lucky, you’ll get one of the black Knights weapons when you kill one of them. (A lot of people roll characters of beginning, hurry up and get to the black knight at the bottom of the stairs near the end of the first boss in the undead Berg and try to get one of their weapons. If they don’t get one they start a new character and do it again.)

Good luck big worm!

2 people like this

Also for you guys that are having a lot of trouble with this admittedly hard game, figuring out how old the summons work can really turn this hard game to comically easy.

In case I love you new guys are reading and don’t know, you have to be human to summon others to help and the local boss should be alive. 

Another tip is when you get invaded and you have a lot of souls that you don’t want to lose, if you’re not confident you’re going to beat your invader, hightail it back as close you can to the bonfire. That way if you die you’ll be able to recover your souls not far from the bonfire.

22 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

Hmmm maybe?  I do all my browsing on mobile, so maybe I should have taken the “m” out of my link. 

Yeah, that’s probably it. I just typed up that whole thing for worm on my iPhone with a broken screen and a combination of voice to text. It took forever. I’m so sick and tired of my voice to text doubling up what I say and then having to go back to erase it. So tedious.Yeah, that’s probably it. I just typed up that whole thing for worm on my iPhone with a broken screen and a combination of voice to text. It took forever. I’m so sick and tired of my voice to text doubling up what I say and then having to go back to erase it. So tedious.

Seee! WTF Does voice to text do that all the time

8 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

4)  talk to the Knight Solitar to get your stone to summon others for help when you need it. When you run across that bridge a dragon is going to light your ### on fire so hurry up, stay to the right and after he hit you with the first thing a fire you’ll be able to dive down those stairs. Kick the ladder down and rest at the bonfire.

I would just add to this a bit and say don’t attack something that’s not coming to attack you. There’s a few times where I’ve taken out friendlies because I didn’t know any better.  When you see that knight staring at the sun on the balcony, that is NOT the time to take a free backstab kill. 

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

How far did you make it last time and what kind of build did you do then?

I killed the dragon (had to look up how to kill that ####er) and got to the Knights... I think... but never killed them. I really don't remember. No idea what build I did.

Thanks dudes. :thumbup:

Looking forward to being deaded.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Worm said:

You just started? I am not that far along. post your progress imo and we can compare notes.

Just now, JerseyToughGuys said:

You just started? I am not that far along. post your progress imo and we can compare notes.

Was gonna start this weekend.

Posted (edited)

You guys should know that the soft level cap is 40 on each ability. So any point you put in over 40 will get you significantly less return.

Forgot to mention as well that you should for the most part either pick strength or dexterity, not both. IMO the easiest build for PVE is a strength build of 40 strength,, endurance, vitality and what’s left into INT or faith.That will give you a pure strength build that can wear heavy armor and tank bosses while having a little bit of flexibility with some ranged magic.

The PVP level cap Is about 120 to 125. Most people design their bills with that in mind.

The new hip thing to do because the way matchmaking works with the remastered version is for very low level characters to suicide run to super difficult areas of the game to get the higher level spells and then just murder the noobs and other low level players.This will likely be patched out somehow someway or adjusted

I am currently back at the Asylum killing the second boss there. I have some other random stuff to do (go back and kill the dragon on the bridge). I will wait for you ;)

The weapons stuff is complicated imo I and don't have the patience to study up. 

I upgraded my scimitar to "raw" so I can enchant it, but it sounds like I could have done that going another route. 

I really need to find another weapon I like. I've settled into the way the scimitar moves (slash). If I ever do another run thru I will mix it up.

7 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

You guys should know that the soft level cap is 40 on each ability. So any point you put in over 40 will get you significantly less return.

The PVP level cap Is about 120 to 125. Most people design their bills with that in mind.

The new hip thing to do because the way matchmaking works with the remastered version is for very low level characters to suicide run to super difficult areas of the game to get the higher level spells and then just murder the noobs and other low level players.This will likely be patched out somehow someway or adjusted

Every time I get invaded its by someone who casts something that drops me in one shot. 

2 minutes ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

I am currently back at the Asylum killing the second boss there. I have some other random stuff to do (go back and kill the dragon on the bridge). I will wait for you ;)

The weapons stuff is complicated imo I and don't have the patience to study up. 

I upgraded my scimitar to "raw" so I can enchant it, but it sounds like I could have done that going another route. 

I really need to find another weapon I like. I've settled into the way the scimitar moves (slash). If I ever do another run thru I will mix it up.

It’s not super complicated but that’s because I know it now....

https://youtu.be/eKQerY69BPk

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

Every time I get invaded its by someone who casts something that drops me in one shot. 

If it makes you feel any better I probably win one out of 10 invasions and I’ve been playing this game faithfully for what, 6 to 8 years?

2 hours ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

I used to just shut my PS3 off when I got invaded. Of course I rarely played online because I enjoy PVP about as much as a pineapple enema. But if I went "live"to help others kill bosses or because I needed help with a boss, I simply "quit" when invaded. Didn't even feel a little bad about it.

Been reading up on how PVP matchmaking works and it’s kinda stupid. It’s based on level and weapon level. So even if you pick up and drop a high powered weapon it remembers and “holds it against you” putting you into a tier to face higher level invaders. 

So there some balance issues to building a pvp character. If you want to be a real jerk you basically run through the whole game at a low level without picking up any strong weapons or upgrading them, get the high level spells and you’re OP going againt low level toons. 

I may have to re roll my pvp character as I picked up too many strong weapons. I noticed a dramatic drop in co-op signs once o upgraded to a fire longsword. I’m not going to do the jerk route and not pick up any weapons but I will only pick up and upgrade weapons I plan to use. So just the ballers side sword and a club.

On the PVP front, it’s a pain but if you want to be obnoxious just go hide somewhere and flip it over to tv. It’s nearly impossible to find someone that doesn’t want to be found, and normally guys just drop out after 5 mins. 

Stuck at the Stray Demon. 

I know how to beat him, I just can't pull it off. 

Might have to get a good bleed weapon to speed up the process.