What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McClure's BBQ (5 Viewers)

I'm dumbfounded by how freaking good that turned out. I only injected it with apple juice and cooked like anything else in my pit...it was freaking perfect. The jowl meat was so good I can't stand not having anymore.Instant tradition born @ McClure's....70 people showed up and were not disappointed.
Awesome, dude! So friggin' jealous that you're able to do something you truly love.How did you do from a 'business' perspective yesterday? Did you make money, run out of food, estimate your crowd flow well?

I'm dumbfounded by how freaking good that turned out. I only injected it with apple juice and cooked like anything else in my pit...it was freaking perfect. The jowl meat was so good I can't stand not having anymore.Instant tradition born @ McClure's....70 people showed up and were not disappointed.
Awesome, dude! So friggin' jealous that you're able to do something you truly love.How did you do from a 'business' perspective yesterday? Did you make money, run out of food, estimate your crowd flow well?
Cooked one pig...paid for 2.5 more. Perfect. Could have fed another 20 people probably...but for popping up out of the blue on FaT Tuesday night...awesome turnout.

Injecting goes a long way--and that jowl meat is always a delicacy! glad it was such a success!! :thumbup: How long did you end up smoking it?

I'm :X that I don't get to put some of that :porked: in my mouth.

A place that serves mouth watering whole hog will get all the love. :thumbup:

I'm :X that I don't get to put some of that :porked: in my mouth.A place that serves mouth watering whole hog will get all the love. :thumbup:
Just made another must for my appetizer list (not available until i'm in my own space).... Barbecue Potato Skins: Baked potatoes with insides taken out and mixed with 4 cheeses, butter, milk, sour cream, bacon, pulled pork, rib meat, green onions, salt, pepper, creole seasoning, and then overly stuffed back into the now fried potato boats. Top with more of the 4 cheeses and bake until cheese browning. Picture on facebook later. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm :X that I don't get to put some of that :porked: in my mouth.A place that serves mouth watering whole hog will get all the love. :thumbup:
Just made another must for my appetizer list (not available until i'm in my own space).... Barbecue Potato Skins: Baked potatoes with insides taken out and mixed with 4 cheeses, butter, milk, sour cream, bacon, pulled pork, rib meat, green onions, salt, pepper, creole seasoning, and then overly stuffed back into the now fried potato boats. Top with more of the 4 cheeses and bake until cheese browning. Picture on facebook later. :banned:
Sweeeeeeeet!! :)

It moved. :unsure:Lost me at the pulled pork/bacon/rib trifecta, slobbering now.

It moved. :unsure:Lost me at the pulled pork/bacon/rib trifecta, slobbering now.
:goodposting: :thumbup: Tipsy, that sounds incredible

Damn you, now I have an uncontrollable urge to drive to New Orleans.

Great way to use the leftovers and definitely something that not many places can serve. :lmao: :thumbup:

Just outstanding Tipsey. Just found that our huge conference of the year in 2013 will be in New Orleans. Although I'll be coming in before then, we'll for sure be out in force at this conference. Let's talk catering gigs...

Catering order for 200 people today on top of my lunch & dinner. I get to see just how much food I can cram in the smoker I guess. Whats really awesome is it isn't that much more work ....still just tending fire :)

I started another thread...but if you see it here & can help...awesome.

Help me win the Hogs For The Cause BBQ competition & Fundraising event here in New Orleans in a few weeks.

Buy Tickets Here

Help me win the Hogs For The Cause BBQ competition & Fundraising event here in New Orleans in a few weeks.

Buy Tickets Here
Hey GB, just booked my hotel for the weekend. Going to be at Okeefe downtown. Kinda a dive but at 140 for a downtown/quarter room with 2 beds (in case my buddy comes) it was my best option. Unfortunately I waited too long and the Mariotts on Canal were no longer taking Mariott Rewards for that weekend. Something big is going on because I can't find #### for rooms under 250-300 night. Oof. Anyways.... i'm in for sure. Still waiting to hear from my buddy on if he's in.

Question: Do you get credit for tickets sold? If so that link is a generic one... I'd assume they'd give you a dedicated link so they could track who's buying tickets throughyou?

Buy Tickets Here
Hey GB, just booked my hotel for the weekend. Going to be at Okeefe downtown. Kinda a dive but at 140 for a downtown/quarter room with 2 beds (in case my buddy comes) it was my best option. Unfortunately I waited too long and the Mariotts on Canal were no longer taking Mariott Rewards for that weekend. Something big is going on because I can't find #### for rooms under 250-300 night. Oof. Anyways.... i'm in for sure. Still waiting to hear from my buddy on if he's in.

Question: Do you get credit for tickets sold? If so that link is a generic one... I'd assume they'd give you a dedicated link so they could track who's buying tickets throughyou?
There is a place to type in my team name when u buy the tix online, or just write it in when you send in your thousands...

Really - It looked further on a map. That is great news and I think McClure's is in my future then in April... :excited:

I've never been to Biloxi before. Any BBQ there?

Really - It looked further on a map. That is great news and I think McClure's is in my future then in April... :excited:I've never been to Biloxi before. Any BBQ there?
Yep. It's a bit outside of town.Head West, about 80 minutes or so. Google 'McClures' and ask for Neil (goes by Tipsy). He'll hook you up.

Congrats man, so very awesome. This is what I'm talking about in that other thread, re: guys getting out and taking a chance to do something of their own. So very freaking cool.

Really - It looked further on a map. That is great news and I think McClure's is in my future then in April... :excited:I've never been to Biloxi before. Any BBQ there?
Yep. It's a bit outside of town.Head West, about 80 minutes or so. Google 'McClures' and ask for Neil (goes by Tipsy). He'll hook you up.
Yeah, I see what you did here :lmao: . I love BBQ (smokin' a butt as we speak) but can't spend 3 or 4 hours every day driving to and from NOLA. 1 day, absolutely.

'Otis said:
Congrats man, so very awesome. This is what I'm talking about in that other thread, re: guys getting out and taking a chance to do something of their own. So very freaking cool.
Never been happier Otis. My biggest fears all these years has been the stress I know comes with the opening of a place + the new stress of being on the financial hook for it + the amount of time spent working usually average around 70 hours a week minimum for a new place (that survives anyway). Haven't really paid myself anything except gas and a couple of meals out for myself, but am not losing money...so that stress is out of the way for the moment. Having a wife with an income sufficient to pay the mortgage and most of the other bills, so that has been a huge relief in a way...but i'm still draining the funds we do have and will need to rectify that soon.Opening this has been easier than you might imagine...i'm in an already operation restaurant and need only bring my own supplies. So until I start a build out & get close to a "real" opening in my own building that stress has been minimal.I have been putting in the hours. 1 am to 3 pm is standard, with a dinner on tuesday night just to lengthen that day to a full 20+ hours. I do have time to get kids to school & from school, feed them dinner & get ready for bed before I pass out & wife shows up from her job. I don't see much of her on the weekdays, since i go to bed immediately when she gets home...but we have weekends together for the first time in our 16 years. That has been the biggest change in my life...adjusting to being home two whole days with the entire family.So, easy opening, money problems havent been a problem, and my hours are balanced by more time with family while awake than any point in my adult life. :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread