tipsy mcstagger

McClure's Barbecue @ NOLA Brewing

6,457 posts in this topic

McClure's Barbecue opens for business in November. I am starting as a pop up restaurant inside of Dante's on Tuesday nights only (the only night Dante's is closed) and will aggressively start pushing catering as soon as I can get a rig on wheels. I hope to be in my own brick & mortar place by this time next year or be well on my way to doing it. I have also given my notice at Dante's already. I'll still be around until next September, but I am going to be phased out.

Edited by tipsy mcstagger

Coming in for my wife's Sacred Heart reunion this weekend and the LSU - Auburn game on Saturday. May have to come by for some good eats. Spent many years up on Maple Street.

You may remember me from such restaurants as this one. :thumbup:

Investors? Saved up the $?

gonna have to beg borrow and possible sell one of my children. This would be a lot easier if I had rich family....or family with any money. Getting the money is the only part of this I have no idea what to do. The pop up will hopefully generate interest enough to show a bank it is a viable biz, and maybe be a platform to woo potential investors.got 150K you want to invest? :)

Good luck! Props for going for it.

scared to deathexcited as heckprobably wont sleep for a week

gonna have to beg borrow and possible sell one of my children. This would be a lot easier if I had rich family....or family with any money. Getting the money is the only part of this I have no idea what to do. The pop up will hopefully generate interest enough to show a bank it is a viable biz, and maybe be a platform to woo potential investors.got 150K you want to invest? :)
Already did invest in a start-up in April. Not a restaurant though.Tapped out. Sorry.ETA - if you have anything proprietary, anything that would be reproducible, you could always have franchising in the back of your mind. Show profit, build the business for a number of years, and develop manuals etc. Just keep that in mind as a long-term dev. strategy. A really good bbq concept could be a hot sell. Edited by mr roboto

Good luck! Props for going for it.

scared to deathexcited as heckprobably wont sleep for a week
Taking the shot is 99% of it. Most people never go for it. The ones that do either become rich and happy or try a second time.

Already did invest in a start-up in April. Not a restaurant though.Tapped out. Sorry.ETA - if you have anything proprietary, anything that would be reproducible, you could always have franchising in the back of your mind. Show profit, build the business for a number of years, and develop manuals etc. Just keep that in mind as a long-term dev. strategy. A really good bbq concept could be a hot sell.
Thanks man.

:thumbup:

Better to try and fail then grow old wondering, "What if..."

:thumbup:

You may remember me from such restaurants as this one. :thumbup:

Today I'm here to tell you about "Porky", the 21st century baby back rib. Let's meet the owner, Tipsy McStagger.

Congrats man! You will be missed at DK no doubt but I'm sure having your own place will be more satisfying!

Best of luck to you on this adventure! Have you considered ordering via internet/shipping? Might help build the business while you don't have a store of your own yet. There's probably a few people here that would order from you.

McClure's Barbecue opens for business in November. I am starting as a pop up restaurant inside of Dante's on Tuesday nights only (the only night Dante's is open) and will aggressively start pushing catering as soon as I can get a rig on wheels. I hope to be in my own brick & mortar place by this time next year or be well on my way to doing it.I have also given my notice at Dante's already. I'll still be around until next September, but I am going to be phased out.

Awesome! I'll definitely be by as soon as possible

I am starting as a pop up restaurant inside of Dante's on Tuesday nights only (the only night Dante's is open)

That's a hell of a business model. Kind of like Chik-fil-A but in reverse.

:wink:

Can't we get 150 FBG's to pony up $1k each? I'm in. Heck, even $2k for 50 FBG's then we'll use the rest of Otis' money. I'm still in.

Can't we get 150 FBG's to pony up $1k each? I'm in. Heck, even $2k for 50 FBG's then we'll use the rest of Otis' money. I'm still in.

Would be the best ishtick ever. I'm in. Edited by Tiger Fan

I have some restaurant biz plans and placement memos I could send. $150k is nothing in the eats business.

Dying for some great bbq?

Try the McClure cure

Would be the best ishtick ever. I'm in.
awesome....im pretty sure it would be the first restaurant ever funded entirely by a message board.

SOCIAL ANGEL FUNDING!

Would be the best ishtick ever. I'm in.
awesome....im pretty sure it would be the first restaurant ever funded entirely by a message board.
This would be phenomenal.

Nice work :thumbup:

At first I misread the post as saying you were opening a BBQ restaurant called McClard's. I thought you were franchising it or blatantly copying one of my favorite BBQ places outside of Texas. Glad that's not the case. Look forward to trying McClure's next time I'm in NOLA.

gonna have to beg borrow and possible sell one of my children. This would be a lot easier if I had rich family....or family with any money. Getting the money is the only part of this I have no idea what to do. The pop up will hopefully generate interest enough to show a bank it is a viable biz, and maybe be a platform to woo potential investors.

got 150K you want to invest? :)

If you are serious about this, PM me

Congrats Tipsey. You know good food, you have the operational background. Great start. I'd be a customer for sure.

Rooting for you Tipsy. And BTW that internet order idea someone had is pretty good. I'd do an order.

What about Uncle Joe? Chet? Edited by Da Guru

The menu for the pop up place will only feature a few of these items each week. I don't have the smoker capacity to smoke all the meats at once right now.

Meats:

Kansas City Pork Ribs

Memphis Pulled Pork

Texas Brisket

Caribbean Smoked Chicken

Louisiana Hot Sausage

Sides:

Mac and 4 Cheeses

Spicy & Sweet Cole Slaw

Pork Explosion Beans

Molasses & Jalapeno Corn Bread

German Potato Salad

Judge Smails Chili *(Hybrid / and different name)

Cane Syrup Slow Cooked Collard Greens

Black Eyed Joes/Beans & Rice

....this list is only really limited to my kitchen size. I have southern sides for days, but these are the core.

Sweet, Tipsy! Can't wait to try it...keep us posted on the exact opening so we can come by.

I think I'm a little scared to try the Pork "explosion" Beans, though :unsure: