What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McClure's BBQ (3 Viewers)

Just seeing this Tipsy. Definitely in for some funding help if it will be good for you. Still fondly remember having beers when you were touring the East Coast. Sorry to hear about the troubles. Always try to steer people your way when they go to NOLA. 

I guess I should have thought more seriously about a kickstarter with y'all....    I'm not too good at asking for help I guess.

But....

I have a new silent partner...should become official on Monday.  Going to bring BBQ full time soon.  

He is buying in for a % and looking for a building to buy and get us selling bbq & drinks.  And he is thinking bigger than I ever really did.   More to follow....phase 4 of journey has begun I guess 😳

Finally making good on my plans to visit NOLA - will be there from 3/6 for a week or so.  Will definitely be hitting McClure's during the visit. 

You're on the rotating menu now, if I'm reading the website right - e.g., Wednesday BBQ?
hope to be back to full time bbq options by then.   this current menu is really hard to deal with in this space when we are busy.   so at least on the weekends ill have the bbq.

I guess I should have thought more seriously about a kickstarter with y'all....    I'm not too good at asking for help I guess.

But....

I have a new silent partner...should become official on Monday.  Going to bring BBQ full time soon.  

He is buying in for a % and looking for a building to buy and get us selling bbq & drinks.  And he is thinking bigger than I ever really did.   More to follow....phase 4 of journey has begun I guess 😳
That’s great news! Just be careful not to get too big and overextended. 

Make sure you give us the info as soon as it becomes public. Whenever someone I know heads to NO, I try to push them your way, and I am sure that I am not alone in this activity!

Being bigger should enable me to hire more to cover some of my 80+ hours...that and drink profits.   
Remember to have iced tea on the menu GB! (Not that you'd forget, given the number if times you've ranted about it over the years).

Depending on location and setup I'd consider draft (craft) on tap, particularly if you get anything like the terrace setup NOLA brewery has, or a small yard in front/back. That might get some extra weekday afternoon traffic

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember to have iced tea on the menu GB! (Not that you'd forget, given the number if times you've ranted about it over the years).

Depending on location and setup I'd consider draft (craft) on tap, particularly if you get anything like the terrace setup NOLA brewery has, or a small yard in front/back. That might get some extra weekday afternoon traffic
definitely.   I'll still have some bud & miller lite around...but only in bottles.   $2 longnecks all day everyday.  Or something like that anyway.  Will definitely be hitting as many local guys on the tap list as I can if the space is right.   And yes....iced tea 🤣🤣🤣

One thing I won't do....I won't ever be open 7 days again.   Ridiculous way to live. 

definitely.   I'll still have some bud & miller lite around...but only in bottles.   $2 longnecks all day everyday.  Or something like that anyway.  Will definitely be hitting as many local guys on the tap list as I can if the space is right.   And yes....iced tea 🤣🤣🤣

One thing I won't do....I won't ever be open 7 days again.   Ridiculous way to live. 
Would you do a weekday closure? How good are you at Bloody Marys? ;)

legal paperwork for our partnership is done....just need to sign in next day or two.  

what an unreal journey.   this last 2 months has been so hard....cannot believe 1. I'm still open and 2. I have a clear path forward to making my lil biz succeed.

meanwhile....manning the pit today for some catering...i'm pretty good at this part.

legal paperwork for our partnership is done....just need to sign in next day or two.  

what an unreal journey.   this last 2 months has been so hard....cannot believe 1. I'm still open and 2. I have a clear path forward to making my lil biz succeed.

meanwhile....manning the pit today for some catering...i'm pretty good at this part.
Congrats!  I was looking forward to having a .0001 percent stake in a bbq business though.  :kicksrock:

Congrats!  I was looking forward to having a .0001 percent stake in a bbq business though.  :kicksrock:
:goodposting:   :sadbanana:

Congrats.   Do you mind if I ask if this came about through a random person approaching you?  Random conversation?  Intentional introduction?  Just curious and very happy for you.

Congrats.   Do you mind if I ask if this came about through a random person approaching you?  Random conversation?  Intentional introduction?  Just curious and very happy for you.
Fellow dad at kids school....we are in the mens club together and were watching football with a few other dads when my semi-buzzed emotionally drained self told them all how close I was to pulling the plug.   I had no idea he was a potential investor or even had an inkling he was in that kind of financial position...i was just pouring my heart out amongst friends.   He said lets talk.   We did.   He does this investing stuff for a living it turns out.

Luck?  Providence? Coincidence?    I dunno....but I do know if I hadn't have found him or something else by the middle of January I would have called it quits and used the rest of cash I had to pay my staff and any bills I could.   Craziness.

Catching up on this... glad to hear about the recent 'ups' in light of the previous 'downs'.

Have not made it down to try the food but I will say that my McLure's tshirt is my absolute favorite shirt that my girlfriend regularly steals. 

Congrats GB, visiting your place is still on my bucket list.  I have recommended your place to several acquaintances that were visiting NO, and everyone that went could not give you and your food enough kudos. And it is looking like I may be able to get to NO in the fall.  😊

tipsy mcstagger said:
Fellow dad at kids school....we are in the mens club together and were watching football with a few other dads when my semi-buzzed emotionally drained self told them all how close I was to pulling the plug.   I had no idea he was a potential investor or even had an inkling he was in that kind of financial position...i was just pouring my heart out amongst friends.   He said lets talk.   We did.   He does this investing stuff for a living it turns out.

Luck?  Providence? Coincidence?    I dunno....but I do know if I hadn't have found him or something else by the middle of January I would have called it quits and used the rest of cash I had to pay my staff and any bills I could.   Craziness.
There is a great joke in here somewhere about a guy investing in another guy's meat while at the men's club, but I can't seem to put it all together.... :)

Congrats. Hope to get down there sometime and try some of your BBQ.  :thumbup:

BBQ coming back to the daily menu as well.   Starting Ash Wednesday.   Some of the healthy stuff the brewery was on me to change to will stay as well.   They actually balance off some of the high food cost with the bbq, so cool.   It is what I do...stick with it McClure. 
Let us know when you have gear! (Hugely important for you, I know!!)  :towelwave:

BBQ coming back to the daily menu as well.   Starting Ash Wednesday.   Some of the healthy stuff the brewery was on me to change to will stay as well.   They actually balance off some of the high food cost with the bbq, so cool.   It is what I do...stick with it McClure. 
So, on a day when a lot of people won't eat meat, you decide to do a reboot of BBQ???  Did you think this through?

Users who are viewing this thread