Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
tipsy mcstagger

McClure's BBQ:. Help me feed medical crews please!!!

1 hour ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Partnership official!

The stress release has begun.  Thank you rye whiskey stash. 😁

Did you go to the levee to drink it?

I like to think you did.

Edited by Mrs. Rannous
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

9 hours ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Partnership official!

The stress release has begun.  Thank you rye whiskey stash. 😁

How did I miss this. 
congrats GB! 

Congrats GB, visiting your place is still on my bucket list.  I have recommended your place to several acquaintances that were visiting NO, and everyone that went could not give you and your food enough kudos. And it is looking like I may be able to get to NO in the fall.  😊

On 2/12/2020 at 8:33 AM, tipsy mcstagger said:

Fellow dad at kids school....we are in the mens club together and were watching football with a few other dads when my semi-buzzed emotionally drained self told them all how close I was to pulling the plug.   I had no idea he was a potential investor or even had an inkling he was in that kind of financial position...i was just pouring my heart out amongst friends.   He said lets talk.   We did.   He does this investing stuff for a living it turns out.

Luck?  Providence? Coincidence?    I dunno....but I do know if I hadn't have found him or something else by the middle of January I would have called it quits and used the rest of cash I had to pay my staff and any bills I could.   Craziness.

There is a great joke in here somewhere about a guy investing in another guy's meat while at the men's club, but I can't seem to put it all together....:)

Congrats. Hope to get down there sometime and try some of your BBQ. :thumbup:

• Laughing 2

BBQ coming back to the daily menu as well.   Starting Ash Wednesday.   Some of the healthy stuff the brewery was on me to change to will stay as well.   They actually balance off some of the high food cost with the bbq, so cool.   It is what I do...stick with it McClure. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

On 2/14/2020 at 2:00 PM, tipsy mcstagger said:

BBQ coming back to the daily menu as well.   Starting Ash Wednesday.   Some of the healthy stuff the brewery was on me to change to will stay as well.   They actually balance off some of the high food cost with the bbq, so cool.   It is what I do...stick with it McClure. 

Let us know when you have gear! (Hugely important for you, I know!!) :towelwave:

On 2/14/2020 at 2:00 PM, tipsy mcstagger said:

So, on a day when a lot of people won't eat meat, you decide to do a reboot of BBQ???  Did you think this through?

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

So, on a day when a lot of people won't eat meat, you decide to do a reboot of BBQ???  Did you think this through?

It's New Orleans.  People may want to sin a little.

On 2/15/2020 at 8:21 PM, Galileo said:

Nope....just going through life without a thought or care in the world

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3

49 minutes ago, tipsy mcstagger said:
On 2/15/2020 at 9:21 PM, Galileo said:

Nope....just going through life without a thought or care in the world

Being a Protestant myself, I always make extra sure to have meat on Ash Wednesday, cuz ain't no pope tellin' ME what to do!

• Laughing 2

@tipsy mcstagger looking to stop by the taproom either Tuesday or Wednesday late afternoon. Any chance of catching you to say hello?

• Thanks 1

don't spend much time round these parts, but so glad to see the great news!  Can't wait to visit for the (4th?) time, soon!

• Love 1

16 hours ago, heckmanm said:

@tipsy mcstagger looking to stop by the taproom either Tuesday or Wednesday late afternoon. Any chance of catching you to say hello?

around till 430-5 both days.   Come on!

2 hours ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Good to meet you, if only briefly before you had to run. Hope nothing serious 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, heckmanm said:
20 hours ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Food Review? ;)

7 hours ago, Mr. Ected said:

Food Review? ;)

Brisket and ribs were top notch. Carolina sauce really good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heckmanm said:
10 hours ago, Mr. Ected said:

Food Review? ;)

Brisket and ribs were top notch. Carolina sauce really good.

Really need to go back. Was there in summer of 2015 and it was great.

On 3/10/2020 at 4:57 PM, heckmanm said:

Wife had a small wreck....car is toast but everyone ok.   

• Like 5
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Glad she's ok!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Yikes, glad they are all OK.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Glad to hear it. Next time we comedown I hope to see you at your standalone spot - that’s the plan, right?

eta - and give you a full on awkward bro hug!

Edited by heckmanm
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

Weighing all our options right now but it looks like I'm going to close the restaurant for a little bit..... New Orleans seems to be one of the worst epicenters so far virus outbreak.   I'm fairly certain we're going to be on a hard quarantine soon anyway.

I sure wish I could pay my staff some extra money right now.  Ugh.

• Love 2
  • Sad 5

45 minutes ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Weighing all our options right now but it looks like I'm going to close the restaurant for a little bit..... New Orleans seems to be one of the worst epicenters so far virus outbreak.   I'm fairly certain we're going to be on a hard quarantine soon anyway.

Maybe you can set up a little tip jar here.  People on this board have enjoyed you taking us on this ride with you.  It seems that every time it comes up, people are eager to help out.  Set up a place/account for us to tip your staff.  I know I'd be glad to help and you never know, it might go a long way to helping them through it.  Might even help you with some of the burden you're about to deal with.

• Like 2

So mayor hasn't shut it down yet.   She is hinting at measures coming, but so far we are good.

We are limiting hours though.   Things are weird.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Things are weird.

Things are weird everywhere.  It's kind of like expecting zombies to show up at any minute.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

So mayor hasn't shut it down yet.   She is hinting at measures coming, but so far we are good.

We are limiting hours though.   Things are weird.

Ohio shut down dine-in, but is allowing pickup-drive-thru and delivery. If you’re able to do something like that, it could hopefully allow you to stay open in a limited capacity.

23 hours ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Stay strong Tipsy.

Effectively immediately.  Governor's office is announcing requirement today.  All bars and restaurants TOGO only

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Effectively immediately.  Governor's office is announcing requirement today.  All bars and restaurants TOGO only

What would you guys do to make to go orders safe that you wouldn't normally do? 

Edited by bostonfred

6 hours ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Stay safe tipsy!  

10 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

You know I’m curious about this as well.  Where we are all the food delivery places are open but I’m terrified to order but want to support them.  

9 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:
21 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

You know I’m curious about this as well.  Where we are all the food delivery places are open but I’m terrified to order but want to support them.  

Go ahead and support them.  Most of the problem comes with contact with the tables, chairs, etc., and the proximity to others.  The food itself should be fine.  Just wash your hands after you eat.

39 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Go ahead and support them.  Most of the problem comes with contact with the tables, chairs, etc., and the proximity to others.  The food itself should be fine.  Just wash your hands after you eat.

@tipsy mcstagger hey brother, tomorrow I’m going to blow up your Facebook page. I’ve never forgotten what you did for me during Katrina with that meal. I’m trying to push all of my coast guard friends to remember what our communities did for us during the shut down last year and I’m going to tell my Nola friends to pay it back to you too.

• Like 3
  • Love 6

4 hours ago, CGRdrJoe said:

@tipsy mcstagger hey brother, tomorrow I’m going to blow up your Facebook page. I’ve never forgotten what you did for me during Katrina with that meal. I’m trying to push all of my coast guard friends to remember what our communities did for us during the shut down last year and I’m going to tell my Nola friends to pay it back to you too.

too awesome.   And what i did after Katrina.....what about what Y'all did?!?!   A meal was nothing comparatively.

• Love 1

On 3/16/2020 at 4:42 PM, bostonfred said:

Lots more hand washing, glove wearing, counter and computer screen sanitizing, not letting anybody touch utensils or barbecue sauce or napkins or anything... And I quit sneezing into food

• Like 2
  • Laughing 5

3 hours ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Lots more hand washing, glove wearing, counter and computer screen sanitizing, not letting anybody touch utensils or barbecue sauce or napkins or anything... And I quit sneezing into food

So it's not going to taste as good now...

• Laughing 1

I just had to lay off half of my staff and reduce the hours of the other half. This ####### sucks.

• Sad 11

14 hours ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

I just had to lay off half of my staff and reduce the hours of the other half. This ####### sucks.

Wish I could get some of your crawfish, they look amazing.

• Love 1

Besides business dwindling completely over the course of the last 4 days and into last week, my wife my mom my sister have all decided that it's time for me to stop so there it is

• Love 1
  • Sad 6

Hope you can reopen in the new location as quickly as possible GB.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1