What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McClure's BBQ (2 Viewers)

Weighing all our options right now but it looks like I'm going to close the restaurant for a little bit..... New Orleans seems to be one of the worst epicenters so far virus outbreak.   I'm fairly certain we're going to be on a hard quarantine soon anyway.

I sure wish I could pay my staff some extra money right now.  Ugh.

Weighing all our options right now but it looks like I'm going to close the restaurant for a little bit..... New Orleans seems to be one of the worst epicenters so far virus outbreak.   I'm fairly certain we're going to be on a hard quarantine soon anyway.

Maybe you can set up a little tip jar here.  People on this board have enjoyed you taking us on this ride with you.  It seems that every time it comes up, people are eager to help out.  Set up a place/account for us to tip your staff.  I know I'd be glad to help and you never know, it might go a long way to helping them through it.  Might even help you with some of the burden you're about to deal with.

So mayor hasn't shut it down yet.   She is hinting at measures coming, but so far we are good.

We are limiting hours though.   Things are weird.
Ohio shut down dine-in, but is allowing pickup-drive-thru and delivery. If you’re able to do something like that, it could hopefully allow you to stay open in a limited capacity.

Stay strong Tipsy.

tipsy mcstagger said:
Effectively immediately.  Governor's office is announcing requirement today.  All bars and restaurants TOGO only
What would you guys do to make to go orders safe that you wouldn't normally do? 

Last edited by a moderator:
What would you guys do to make to go orders safe that you wouldn't normally do? 
You know I’m curious about this as well.  Where we are all the food delivery places are open but I’m terrified to order but want to support them.  
Go ahead and support them.  Most of the problem comes with contact with the tables, chairs, etc., and the proximity to others.  The food itself should be fine.  Just wash your hands after you eat.

@tipsy mcstagger hey brother, tomorrow I’m going to blow up your Facebook page. I’ve never forgotten what you did for me during Katrina with that meal. I’m trying to push all of my coast guard friends to remember what our communities did for us during the shut down last year and I’m going to tell my Nola friends to pay it back to you too.
too awesome.   And what i did after Katrina.....what about what Y'all did?!?!   A meal was nothing comparatively.

Go ahead and support them.  Most of the problem comes with contact with the tables, chairs, etc., and the proximity to others.  The food itself should be fine.  Just wash your hands after you eat.
Sit down is pretty much done around here (Charlotte), but it’s not too hard for pickup. Went to Five Guys tonight and opened the door with my left hand, didn’t touch anything and observed my social distancing. Grabbed my food with the right hand, opened door with foot and got in the car with the right hand, put the food down and squirted Purell on the left hand and voila. I think I have my new normal if I have to go into a restaurant. Left hand never touched anything after the door until after sanitized.

tipsy mcstagger said:
Besides business dwindling completely over the course of the last 4 days and into last week, my wife my mom my sister have all decided that it's time for me to stop so there it is
You do what you feel is best GB.  The burden on new businesses starting is tremendous under any circumstance, even moreso in hospitality. I know you have always worked from the heart (and your ### off), from the roots of this journey during Katrina.  Whatever you choose to do, we are with you and whenever you have food to offer, if I'm in N.O., you bet I'll do my best to get some bites.

Best of health, and economic footing, through all this.

tipsy mcstagger said:
Besides business dwindling completely over the course of the last 4 days and into last week, my wife my mom my sister have all decided that it's time for me to stop so there it is
Hang in there man. You are an inspiration from afar. 

Once people get out of their bunker, they're going to want to go out and eat a hell of a lot of BBQ.

Followed this thread - mostly salivating at thought of the great food and rooting you on during rough times.    Just donated so those close to you can enjoy a meal.   Keep up the great work!

Users who are viewing this thread