What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McClure's BBQ (6 Viewers)

So far my favorite thing to put my smoked salt on/in is chicken soup. Adds an awesome little twist.

Got me thinking. Do you do soups, Tipsy? I think a smoked soup would be awesome. Obviously, not literally smoked soup, but soup with a bunch of smoked veggies and chicken.

I was also wondering if anyone has tried to smoke black peppercorns. A smoked pepper grinder would be pretty killer I would think. I don;t know if the smoke would penetrate the peppercorn though. So maybe cracked first?

So far my favorite thing to put my smoked salt on/in is chicken soup. Adds an awesome little twist.

Got me thinking. Do you do soups, Tipsy? I think a smoked soup would be awesome. Obviously, not literally smoked soup, but soup with a bunch of smoked veggies and chicken.

I was also wondering if anyone has tried to smoke black peppercorns. A smoked pepper grinder would be pretty killer I would think. I don;t know if the smoke would penetrate the peppercorn though. So maybe cracked first?
sweet. i'm glad you are having fun with it. i haven't tried the black pepper thing...i have no idea if it will work but ill try it soon. We sell gumbo and brunswick during the fall & winter. at 110 heat index i doubt ill sell much in summer. :) the chicken soup we made last year with our smoked chicken was stellar. the salt will help.

sweet. i'm glad you are having fun with it. i haven't tried the black pepper thing...i have no idea if it will work but ill try it soon. We sell gumbo and brunswick during the fall & winter. at 110 heat index i doubt ill sell much in summer. :) the chicken soup we made last year with our smoked chicken was stellar. the salt will help.
Actually not using your smoked salt ( :oldunsure: ). I asked you about it a while back then found some at a spice shop.

Has anyone ever tried smoking salt? I went to a fancy little place that had smoked salt in shakers and it was ####### fantastic. Seems like something you might be able to put in the smoker while everything else is smoking. Shouldn't take up much room.
i've had smoked salt...and it is really good when done right. no idea how to smoke it...ill try throwing some on a pan and see what happens.
When I run out I'll order some from you.

And I'd never heard of Brunswick before. Now I am dying to try it. Sounds awesome.

Maybe try with green peppercorns that are not dried

ffldrew said:
NOLA brewery is doing some great things. Glad to hear it.

I think the Rebirth pale ale is a game changer. Great beer, great marketing.
Their IPA any good? Looks kind of meh based on their description, a bit malty.
Which one? The hopitoulas is one of my favorites, the mecha hopzilla not so much. Definitely malty.
:goodposting: hopitoulas is a good one
It's certainly Brad Pitt approved.

Personally, I loved the greens. Real vinegary a little sweet. Not at all like I make them. Very, very good stuff.
Agreed. The greens are excellent. I'm not sure if that falls under Creole, soul or Southern, but they are terrific. I used to go to a place called Dunbar's that had excellent greens like that, actually McClure's are better.
I used to love Dunbars--that was old school NO.

I just got back from a great week in New Orleans and had the all meat all sides on Thursday night but Tipsy must have been in Mississippi finalizing his newest food empire deal. The food was great and my two young daughters ate it all and then climbed all over that restaurant.

Whenever I quickly look at the title of this thread, I see "Ocean Springs, MS" as "Ocean City, MD" and I get excited for a second, then I remember I can't read! :cry:

I wish y'all could all eat the burger i'm having right now.... double patty..smoked onions, smoked mushrooms, blue cheese, and nueskes applewood smoke bacon. the best part....the bun. i cannot believe i went almost a year without them.

AcerFC said:
Mr. Ected said:
Whenever I quickly look at the title of this thread, I see "Ocean Springs, MS" as "Ocean City, MD" and I get excited for a second, then I remember I can't read! :cry:
considering I have a place there, this would have been the greatest news ever
nope...steaknbj day by a mile

AcerFC said:
Mr. Ected said:
considering I have a place there, this would have been the greatest news ever
I'm not usually one that finds any benefit in lying to oneself, but since I don't see myself at either location any time soon I'm beginning to wonder if this is not an exception to the rule. Maybe, just maybe I should try to convince myself that this thread is just one elaborate fishing trip to stop the constant drooling.

Received the sample rubs and tried the pork rub on some thick Costco boneless chops cooked on the Akorn tonight. Best chops I've ever made. Can't wait to try out the rest of the rubs.

" post="17095381" timestamp="1407892175"]
man...3 mississippi trainees in the house right now....this shiz iz gettin real y'all.
Beeee shawwwwrr annnn talllllkkkk reeeeeeeull ssllooooowwwww
its worse...i got a niners fanYou're at the wrong end of Mississippi, if you were up top you'd have ICON and I there playing with the fire.
:yes:

Good news is I'll be in New Orleans in late September and early November so I'll have plenty of time to harass GB Tipsy.

Every time I see pics of your spot, it reminds me how well you guys did with the branding/decor. Very clear and clean without being too obvious. Nice detail touches.... great color palette.
all very intentional...althought the colors were more a product of my 1st car ( a ghia convertible). its the only thing that got me noticed in high school..so i figured to ride that some more :)

the logo will really blow y'all away when you see it on I-10 in a few weeks. It drowns other logos without being over the top. Simple...black and white...easy to see from arkansas

Tipsy, I'm likely to be in New Orleans from Nov 12-14 and I definitely want to visit McClures. You won't be closed or anything will ya? Are you planning on being in MS or in town those dates?

Users who are viewing this thread