What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McClure's BBQ (3 Viewers)

Rockstar Schmockstar.  We knew Tipsey when he was just a self important, portly FBG.  Anyway Tips, here's my upcoming travel itinerary, tell me when the best time to come visit your establishment and meet you of course. 

I fly into NO, Wednesday, September 27 at 5pm.  I have to drive to Mobile sometime that night, but I'm not adverse to the idea of stopping by McClure's.  I'll be in Mobile until Friday but returning to NO Friday around 5 again until Sunday, October 1 around noon.

When do I stop in and meet the famous Tipster?  Tell me when Sir!
sorry dude I've been off of football guys for a few. when are you coming back through?

not really sure how many details I can give out on the show but we just got done filming. one of the things we made today was my basic buffalo sauce for my smoked and fried chicken wings,. but we kicked it up with habanero Tabasco to the point where I was nearly crying on camera. Tipsy is not able to handle the heat like most people and that s*** was like mace while I was cooking it.   we also dr. My jambalaya a little bit and it was good but it was too spicy for me to serve to the General Public.  I hope it goes to air because our episode will probably be the first one and it ties me and with Tabasco brand hot sauce which would be a huge coup for me... not really a bigger brand in the hot sauce world.

let's hope it makes the cut. No idea when it would be released at this point if it ever is.

James Daulton said:
I'll be there Friday night through Sunday afternoon with the wife.  Looking forward to meeting our portly, self important, Q Chef!

If you're not there so help me...
No promises...not around on Sunday...Saturday ill be around a good bit.

not really sure how many details I can give out on the show but we just got done filming. one of the things we made today was my basic buffalo sauce for my smoked and fried chicken wings,. but we kicked it up with habanero Tabasco to the point where I was nearly crying on camera. Tipsy is not able to handle the heat like most people and that s*** was like mace while I was cooking it.   we also dr. My jambalaya a little bit and it was good but it was too spicy for me to serve to the General Public.  I hope it goes to air because our episode will probably be the first one and it ties me and with Tabasco brand hot sauce which would be a huge coup for me... not really a bigger brand in the hot sauce world.

let's hope it makes the cut. No idea when it would be released at this point if it ever is.
Good luck buddy! Please get details to me as soon as you hear about potential airing. 

tipsy mcstagger said:
Saturday should be good.   If I bail early please forgive...haven't had a real day off in 6 weeks.
Brother, you'd bail before meeting the real JD?  C'mon man!  I'll be there before 1.

(and jk Tips)  if you need to bail no worries, enjoying your food will be more than enough brother. 

Nice to meet you and the wife!   Y'all have fun tonight.  
Tipsy was super gracious and friendly.  We got there a little after noon and I wasn't even going to ask for him since he'd said he was probably going home to rest.  Of course the loud mouth wife would have none of it.  After we ordered she just blurts out "my husband is a friend of the guy who owns this place on that footballguys place."  The dude taking the order was like "ok, sounds good."  I usher the exctiteable wife away and tell her it's more than enough just to dine at Tipsy's place after following him on this board for so long.

Anyway, Tips obviously came over and was super cool to me and the hyper wife.  Chatted with us for a good bit while we enjoyed the fantastic brisket, ribs, pork, mac & cheese, and beans.  All amazing but the brisket was the most amazing.

Thanks again for the hospitality and great food Tipsy, and thanks for being so nice and attentive to my super "shy" wife.

Hated Bourbon St. but loved everything else about New Orleans.  Frenchman's St. was awesome. 

The Jamaican pop up last night was a tasty twist for dinner. Instead on the EG 72, I had crap cakes and ribs. A couple of the appetizers were sold out before I arrived around 8 - I would have ordered the jerk wings and probably the shrimp as well.  The crab cakes were good - they were topped with some tart apple shavings that complimented well. The ribs were very tender and came with a rice side and hearty slaw.  There was a good spice to the dish and I ate everything.  Seemed like a good crowd for a Tuesday night - I was stuffed and happy. May have to sneak back on Friday for lunch to try the nachos. 

Tipsy was super gracious and friendly.  We got there a little after noon and I wasn't even going to ask for him since he'd said he was probably going home to rest.  Of course the loud mouth wife would have none of it.  After we ordered she just blurts out "my husband is a friend of the guy who owns this place on that footballguys place."  The dude taking the order was like "ok, sounds good."  I usher the exctiteable wife away and tell her it's more than enough just to dine at Tipsy's place after following him on this board for so long.

Anyway, Tips obviously came over and was super cool to me and the hyper wife.  Chatted with us for a good bit while we enjoyed the fantastic brisket, ribs, pork, mac & cheese, and beans.  All amazing but the brisket was the most amazing.

Thanks again for the hospitality and great food Tipsy, and thanks for being so nice and attentive to my super "shy" wife.

Hated Bourbon St. but loved everything else about New Orleans.  Frenchman's St. was awesome. 
Of course your wife was hyper . you normally only take her out to McDonald's

I gotta get back there and actually meet old Tips.  I spent the better part of the morning when I was on vacation in NO talking to my wife about how I know the guy that runs the joint.  Get there and ask the bar maid if Tipsy McStagger is in, and get the RCA Victor dog look from everyone in listening distance.  "McClure" wasn't in, but the food was excellent.

Lol, my wife was the same. I was just going to eat and be happy. She says, you have to at least say hello. It was easier bc it was on magazine and he was standing right behind the counter. 

My BIL & FIL are heading to New Orleans tomorrow and will be there for a few days so I'm sending them to McClure's. It was just a whole lot easier to say the BBQ at Nola Brewing is supposed to be the best in the city so you should check it out.

Headed there next Friday.  Not sure if fearless leader is around Friday/Saturday/Sunday or doing the catering thing? I'll get there one way or another - either with the 2 couples pre-conference or a couple of my colleagues M-W during the conference.

Can you unpack this a bit? Never been to nawlins, but thinking about heading down that way next month.

Can you unpack this a bit? Never been to nawlins, but thinking about heading down that way next month.
Everyone needs to walk down Bourbon St. once.  It would be like going to Amsterdam and not seeing the Red Light district.  Bourbon St. is fun, but a lot of drunk and stupid.  People watching is cool, grab a 32 ounce Big ### beer as you walk, pop into a few clubs.  Usually it'll be cover bands. Might find a gem but it's built for tourists. Frenchmen's St. is where the locals hang out.  People really appreciating music.  Blues, Zydeco, etc.  It's not about selling jello shots there.  First timers should do both IMO.

Judge Smails said:
Everyone needs to walk down Bourbon St. once.  It would be like going to Amsterdam and not seeing the Red Light district.  Bourbon St. is fun, but a lot of drunk and stupid.  People watching is cool, grab a 32 ounce Big ### beer as you walk, pop into a few clubs.  Usually it'll be cover bands. Might find a gem but it's built for tourists. Frenchmen's St. is where the locals hang out.  People really appreciating music.  Blues, Zydeco, etc.  It's not about selling jello shots there.  First timers should do both IMO.
:goodposting:

Judge Smails said:
Yep. 

If you're a kid or with a drunken group of guys looking to relive college days, Bourbon is entertaining I guess... but in a city with seemingly endless amount of bars and restaurants, there's not much worthwhile on Bourbon. Don't get me wrong... right group on the right day, it can be fun.... but once you've hit other spots around town you kinda realize that Bourbon is the sweaty ### crack of NOLA Nightlife. :lol:

But yes.. first timers should hit it. Afternoons with "3 for 1" drinks can be fun (note, you will get all 3 beers at once, so don't go to the bar with 4 buddies and each order a beer....unless you're planning on chugging them before they get warm. 

Oddly enough the Saints and Sinners place has been the most entertaining spot at night out there. Razzoos patio during the day... for "Bourbon St" Type stuff. 

Frenchmens is a lot of fun... especially on halloween. 

The Jamaican pop up last night was a tasty twist for dinner. Instead on the EG 72, I had crap cakes and ribs. A couple of the appetizers were sold out before I arrived around 8 - I would have ordered the jerk wings and probably the shrimp as well.  The crab cakes were good - they were topped with some tart apple shavings that complimented well. The ribs were very tender and came with a rice side and hearty slaw.  There was a good spice to the dish and I ate everything.  Seemed like a good crowd for a Tuesday night - I was stuffed and happy. May have to sneak back on Friday for lunch to try the nachos. 
um...was i so drunk that i don't remember meeting you?   

i'm never too busy to holler at a fellow fbg.....but glad you enjoyed!
Truth. Tipsy is the king of FBG hosptality. 

Sometimes he will even meet up with ya straight from work and spend all night drinking, dining, and engaging in morally questionable behavior until the wee hours... :unsure:  

Ugh...this not even a hurricane has destroyed one of my best weekends of the year....everywhere is dead since everyone is in scramble mode & prepare for the hurricane (that will miss us no less) and my current sales reflect a 80% drop vs normal sales.  Tomorrow will be worse as have to close dinner since the mayor has issued a curfew for 6pm Saturday.  Sunday may not happen at all.   Not to mention the $4500 in sales I have now lost in two cancelled catering gigs because of storm.   Tons of meat and sides on hand and not going anywhere soon.    Anybody want a huge bbq feast on Monday....will drive up to 500 miles.   :)

Good with the bad, yadda yadda.....but this one stings.    Oh well. :kicksrock: Poor Me.

Ugh...this not even a hurricane has destroyed one of my best weekends of the year....everywhere is dead since everyone is in scramble mode & prepare for the hurricane (that will miss us no less) and my current sales reflect a 80% drop vs normal sales.  Tomorrow will be worse as have to close dinner since the mayor has issued a curfew for 6pm Saturday.  Sunday may not happen at all.   Not to mention the $4500 in sales I have now lost in two cancelled catering gigs because of storm.   Tons of meat and sides on hand and not going anywhere soon.    Anybody want a huge bbq feast on Monday....will drive up to 500 miles.   :)

Good with the bad, yadda yadda.....but this one stings.    Oh well. :kicksrock: Poor Me.
I know it won’t help the bottom line... but if it’s gonna go bad, any thought to show up at the local PD or Hospitals that can’t shut down and do a big dinner donation? Sorry, it sucks, but maybe some good PR and some new customers outta the deal. Good luck to everyone in Nate’s path. As a Floridian, I’m a bit gun shy on all of these storms at this point.

I know it won’t help the bottom line... but if it’s gonna go bad, any thought to show up at the local PD or Hospitals that can’t shut down and do a big dinner donation? Sorry, it sucks, but maybe some good PR and some new customers outta the deal. Good luck to everyone in Nate’s path. As a Floridian, I’m a bit gun shy on all of these storms at this point.
Friends with guy who sets up feeding city hall, ems, and other first responders.....they are covered but may get a little lagniappe from me.   Most of my excess food usually goes to the guys at a local 1/2 way house....they will be eating well this week.

How did I miss this? Oof :(

Missed this, but teh google map says I'm >900 miles anyhoo.

How did I miss this? Oof :(
life is balance.....being made up for some today.

100# pig & sides for 100 people just left the building for catering in Kenner (on of my team functions for Hogs...so not really profit)

Feeding 400 tonight at kids school....pork, chicken, and sides.   (whoops....not for profit either)

Pick up for 50 people about to walk out the door

Catering  for 40 upstairs tonight

Delivery for 40 people offsite tonight

Pick up for 25 tonight

......all four pits going...two of them on hour 24 or more now.

#deepbreaths

Users who are viewing this thread